Type keyword(s) to search

Marriage Boot Camp - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It doesn't help that she looks like a balloon that's about to pop. When she starts yelling I'm waiting for her to just explode in a flurry of confetti.

I try not to body-shame, sitting over here in my glass house, but Tanisha is built like a linebacker...or is what people used to call big guys, "barrel-chested"...or is Humpty Dumptesque.

Her thick-as-Kraft-singles acrylic nails make my skin crawl.

What 1980s aerobic-inspired drunk-getting-dressed-in-the-dark getup was Traci wearing?? Those sneakers with pom-poms? The hell?

"Breakfast vodka" is called "alcoholism" where I come from.

• Love 4

I think Jenni is still hiding a multitude of secrets. Roger tapped into a bit of it with her childhood of Raman noodles, but she's still guarding most of her past.

I really like this show - it even made Tanisha more real for me tonight. It's a million times better than Couples Therapy which is all aboutt the doctor trying to be a star.

And damn, Ryan really is the perfect catch. Trista lucked out like nobody's business on that one! She could have ended up with all the fly by night Bachelor famewhores.

• Love 1

First of all, I am so embarrassed that I watch this dumbass show.  It's the fakest thing I've ever seen.

I only knew Tanisha before from seeing her on The Soup and stuff.  But I have to give her credit - she is bringing it.  Tears, screaming, pain, quick lines - she is delivering more than any of these other fools.  And I have to admit - for a big girl, her wardrobe and hair game is on point - she looks so pretty sometimes.

• Love 2

Slade's had a vasectomy. Does that ever get addressed in all the talk of babies?

I've heard it mentioned on the show.  I think she wants him to get it reversed?  I don't pay close enough attention, but I think that's where the discussion has gone.

(edited)

I think that Tanisha's TV persona is that of  "the mad girl" because every reality show that she has been on, she is always the 'mad Girl'

She weighs like 400 lbs so if she didn't have this 'rountine' that she does, who would give a 400 lb girl the time of day ?

Her husband needs to ask Tanisha for his 'balls' back.

Edited by Taylorh2
  • Love 1

I try not to body-shame, sitting over here in my glass house, but Tanisha is built like a linebacker...or is what people used to call big guys, "barrel-chested"...or is Humpty Dumptesque.

Her thick-as-Kraft-singles acrylic nails make my skin crawl.

Keeping in the Kraft family of food products, she's built like that Kool-Aid pitcher that runs thru walls etc...in the commercials.

• Love 2

I tend to read this forum for updates rather than watch Marriage Bootcamp,  I have to say I always thought Ryan and Trista were different than the other Bachelor/Bachelorette couple mostly because I thought Ryan was pretty down to earth and would keep Trista from straying into famewhore territory.  I guess not so much.  for some reason I am seriously disgusted by them being on this show.  for me it undermines the premise that they have a normal marriage.  Normal people do not do this kind of TMI show.  Guess my prude is showing....

• Love 2

Kendra, I think you would probably feel differently if you watched the show.  I agree that they should be somewhat ashamed for being on this trash, but the whole show is just so over the top and fake, you can't really fault any of these couples.  And Trista and Ryan do have this constant 'what the fuck have we gotten ourselves into' wide eyed look of shock which makes them likable.  Also, the other couples are dealing with problems like cheating, money, and commitment issues, while Trista's excuse for being on the show is that Ryan doesn't say I Love You to her enough.  They do seem relatively normal on this show, as do Roger and Jwow.

It is funny to hear Roger say that Jwow turns up her personality for the cameras and it annoys him, because Jwow usually exudes zero energy and charm and often seems like a white trashy robot.  If this is her on 11, I have to assume she's comatose most of the time at home.  But they do seem like a cute couple.

• Love 2
(edited)

People go on reality shows for the money & exposure. I don't understand why people are so shocked and ask "why would anyone go on a reality show"

The Hot Button Game: It was funny when Clive said something to Tanisha like 'how can you look like that and not cook, and 'but you sure know who to eat' (not a direct quote)   Hahahahahaha!!!!!

I just read that they were married for 2 yrs and separated for 2 years

Edited by Taylorh2

And girl had nerver to put up her fist like she wanted to box Clive. Clearly the only time that she raises are hands is to put food into her mouth.

She acturally was going to fight her husband ?

The therapist was right about Gretchen. Why in the world would Gretchen ever think that Slade wanted more children whenshe knows that he had a vascetomy ? he had it before they got together.

You can't be more clearer than that.

• Love 1
(edited)

I almost want to think they deserve each other, but it is clear that she cares about him much more than he does for her.

He has some issues, having nothing to do with Gretchen, but everything to do with his ability to maintain a personal relationship.  This show is only highlighting to me just how damaged he is.  Thing is, if she dumped him, he'd find someone else to cling to.  And she's needy enough that this is exactly the way she likes it - him clinging to her, as long as she is willing to accept that this will never go any farther.

If she isn't willing to accept the status quo, then she needs to get out.  Now.  She's wasted five years of her life with this guy and this is all she is ever going to get from him.

[spoken from experience after a nine year live in relationship - two years after it ended, I'm now getting married to a man that truly loves me in October - if you're reading this, Gretch, be willing to take the chance!!!]

Edited by b2H
  • Love 1

Kendra, I think you would probably feel differently if you watched the show.  I agree that they should be somewhat ashamed for being on this trash, but the whole show is just so over the top and fake, you can't really fault any of these couples.  And Trista and Ryan do have this constant 'what the fuck have we gotten ourselves into' wide eyed look of shock which makes them likable.  Also, the other couples are dealing with problems like cheating, money, and commitment issues, while Trista's excuse for being on the show is that Ryan doesn't say I Love You to her enough.  They do seem relatively normal on this show, as do Roger and Jwow.

It is funny to hear Roger say that Jwow turns up her personality for the cameras and it annoys him, because Jwow usually exudes zero energy and charm and often seems like a white trashy robot.  If this is her on 11, I have to assume she's comatose most of the time at home.  But they do seem like a cute couple.

I agree.  I think that they are shown so little on this show due to the little drama they bring.  Don't get me wrong, this is a very stupid show, and I will never watch it again.  But I have to say that Trista and Ryan handle this show very well.  

• Love 1

I wonder if/when the "therapists" are actually going to dispense some therapy rather than just setting up these odd scenarios. I mean to make Kevin apologize to Traci about mentioning her drinking--let's not mention that liking your breakfast beer or breakfast vodka makes you an alcoholic, but instead tell Kevin he's being controlling... Why not tell them that they have a classic codependent relationship? Maybe that's why I would never make a good therapist. I'm going to tell you what's wrong with you on day 1; none of this dragging it out for years asking leading questions. But I also wouldn't make you burn your mock tabloids in a ring of dysfunctional fire or fake cry about your make-believe dead spouse in a pretend morgue.

• Love 1

I've seen various therapists off and on over the past 20 years (meh), and zero-point-zero of them have ever had me burn mock tabloids in a ring of fire, pretend my significant other or other family member was laying dead in a fake morgue, or play a fake game show. But then, none of my therapy has ever been televised, and if any therapist ever requested that it be, I would petition the medical board to have his/her license revoked.

I think there is some actual therapy going on somewhere off-screen.  Tracy and Kevin did mention co-dependency as they walked into their room in one scene.   However, I do agree that the on-screen exercises are just a set-up for drama.  

I'm both disappointed and relieved that the commercial teaser since before the premiere of this series of Ryan saying, "I found her in bed with another man" turned out to be about a previous girlfriend. I will admit that commercial is what made me tune in to this series, yet I did assume there was going to be a twist of it being innocent. But, I'd be pissed if I were them for airing that out of context--repeatedly--because this show is MARRIAGE Bootcamp, so obviously people are going to think he's talking about his wife. But, damn, they even gave Ryan good background music when he was saying whatever nice things he was saying about Kevin--just like the good old days when he used to read poetry he wrote to Trista on The Bachelorette. (Although many have since tried, he was the first and last bachelor to ever pull off reciting good poetry. Or so i thought at the time. I should look up possible videos.) I still adore Ryan. I like that the two of them are just a "normal" couple: busy with life and forget to focus on saying I love you, but the love is still there. I think all it would take is looking around at the rest of these train wrecks to say, yep, we're good!

I would bet money on Ryan and Trista signing up for shit like this for some fast cash. I bet this sounded fairly dignified until the likes of Tanisha joined the cast. You work on minor marriage issues, stay classy, and add to your bank account. I still really like them ... they seem like everyone's neighbors.

I also like Jenni and Roger. He was just sort of a meathead on JS, so it's nice to see a nice guy. But he should know her well enough to know that she's also taking gigs for cash. Isn't she pregnant now (and still unwed?)?

I loved the interaction of Tanisha and Ryan.  'You are SO WHITE!!!!  You are so WHITE!!!!' was absolutely the best line of the night.

Gretchen was absolutely insufferable.  I didn't catch the evaluation at the end, but if the two non-therapists didn't blast her a$$, they missed an opportunity.  A serious opportunity.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't believe I am saying this but I actually liked Slade better than Gretchen this  episode and I  haven't liked Slade ever.  She definitely sunk to a new low between making Kevin her valet and then ditching him.  And the idiot counselors make out like Gretchen handled everything just perfectly. 

Overall, I think everybody else handled "date night"  well and most of them had fun with it.  I especially enjoyed the interaction between Tanesha and Ryan.

Edited by Me Too
  • Love 2

I don't know Gretchen or Slade, but he is much more likable. She seems to want to be the know it all (white Oprah!) big star.

If I have to pick who ratted out Jenni's pregnancy to tabloids I am also going with Gretchen.

Tanisha was actually likable with Ryan. I think she puts on a big old pita act to stay "famous". I also don't think she wants to be married ... I see zero affection from her to her husband.

I'm confused by Ryan's need for constant physical attention from Trista. From what I see they are always touching, and that's rare when you're married 10 years. I would get tired of my husband doing that all the time. Even on the sofa just hanging out he's always got a hand on her legs.

This funny Tanisha has been hosting the Bad Girls Club reunion shows...I really like her when she's not being mean. She's great at the reunions- funny, even polite yet firm with the other girls, not fazed by their drama.

Idk why she is with Clive. They've basically been separated their entire marriage. They had a show called "Tanisha Gets Married" leading up to their wedding and they fought like this the entire show. Idk if it's ever been a good relationship.

SO TRUE about Jenni being so boring- this is her on 11? Really? She has gotta be on Valium or something- a total lack of personality. Poor Roger, with those waxed eyebrows. I like him though.  

Gretchen continues to annoy me.  I can't believe i'm saying this -- but Slade seems like the more likable one out of that union.  Gretchen says that she wants Slade to have a career that is independent of her so that he can "support" her BUT she's too co-dependent to be without him.  The charity event was so clearly evident of that.  Not to mention, it seems like any and every effort Slade makes is not good enough.  Will it ever be enough?  Oh and the scene where she tells Kevin that she is going to go to the event alone and that he can take the limo back around the block was class-less.  What the hell?  White Oprah my ass.

Ryan and Tanisha cracked me up!  Best pairing!  It was nice to see Ryan relax a little.  He and Trista both seem so wound tight.

Roger annoys me too.  Because, i'm so sure they went on this REALITY TELEVISION SHOW for the therapy and NOT the paycheck.  Because everyone knows reality television shows are great for relationships. What-the-fuck-ever Roger. 

Is it just me or does Clyde seem like a whipped puppy?  I agree that he needs to man up a bit in a lot of aspects of their life.  However, I also think that he needs to have something just for him (like going to culinary school?).  Tanisha has such a large personality that I think Clyde gets lost in it.  Plus, she's so quick to put him down.  Maybe if they were both a little kinder to one another and more communicative things would work out.  At this point, Tanisha and Clyde seem so far a part. I doubt she wants to fix this.  

It kind of cracks me up that Trista and Ryan are even on this show.  They are so clearly and completely fine.

Traci and Kevin are awesome.  They seem like very nice people and also seem like they are in this for the long haul.  They have probably been the most consistent couple on this show.

Just when I couldn't hate Wretchen any more. She's a slime ball liar face. She totally sold Jen out. I do kinda feel bad for Roger but at least he calls her out. What gets me is it doesn't seem to faze her in the least. I would be upset that my spouse was so upset. She has nothing. WOW! NOT!

I agree about Trista and Ryan.  They are clearly featured so little because they really have no drama to bring.  That said, I think they handle this show well.  They participate, don't get freaked out about the assignments, and give it a good shot.  In the meantime they might actually learn a thing or two that will help them with their relationship.  

I have to agree with Trista that you can seem "reserved" in settings outside your norm.  I think being at home in a relaxed setting would make it a lot easier to let loose, versus being on this show where you are trying not to show your "crazy".  

I tired of Tanisha long ago, she's still hosting The Bad Girls Club reunions & it is not good.  I don't know who would be better, but I guess almost anyone.  & seeing her here, berating her husband over & over again...does not improve my opinion of her at all. 

Gretchen & Slade are not convincing me that their relationship is real.  & Gretchen & Tanisha seem to be vying for who can get the most airtime (Tanisha's winning so far).

If I have to pick who ratted out Jenni's pregnancy to tabloids I am also going with Gretchen.

It was either Gretchen, or Jenni herself.  I don't put anything past these people.

Tanisha & Ryan's "date" was completely adorable.  So was most of the Roger/Trista one.  & even Traci/Clive had some good stuff.

• Love 1

I am guessing someone in the house ratted out Jenni's secret, at Jenni's request.  She got it out and had coverage for the blowing of the secret!

Did anyone else hear Roger say something about Jenni faking another reality show for the money?  When they were on the couch?  She nodded her head and agreed that she'd had.  I was trying to figure out what show it could be.  Maybe Jersey Shore in the later seasons but more likely that show with she and Snooki living together as besties.  I'll bet those two fame whores are barely friends when the cameras aren't rolling.  It is smart for Jenni to cash in now.  She has not real talent or actual charisma so she'd better ride this train as long as she can!

Loved Ryan and Tanisha's date. Tanisha was actually likable for once and Ryan is cute when  he's relaxed and having fun. I think Trista is too buttoned up and therefore Ryan is always serious around her. Like Roger and Trista's date too. Roger is quite charming and funny. Gretchen made me hate her worse than my hatred for Slade and he's an absolute waste of human skin, the way he treats his dying son. Gretch, you are nothing but a plastic, ugly has-been who has NO redeeming qualities. Her lack of common decency (her treatment of Kevin), her stupidity (arguing that Slade having a vasectomy didn't mean he didn't want more children (face palm) and her delusions (white oprah) astound me.

I will give Jenni a break since she's pregnant but yeah she is just phoning it in for the paycheck.

• Love 1

This is the first time I've felt that the cast really bonded and transcended the inauthenticity of the reality TV setup. Most of the participants actually engaged in the date swap activity and seemed to learn something. The only ones who didn't were Gretchen and Jenni. Gretchen displays a level of narcissism I'm not sure I've ever seen before in an individual, I mean it literally limits her existence to a fantasy world of her own making. And Jenni is just completely shut down for some reason. I didn't know she was pregnant until I read it on here.

Wow, Gretchen, superficial much?

I might be way out in left field here but after having watched this duo for several years on RHOC, I was appalled at her treatment of her date.  Seriously, pretty much just ditching him that way?  If I were that dude, I have told that driver to turn around and take me right back to the house.  Fuck that haughty bitch.

I guess he wasn't up to her top-flight expectations.  I have a really, really hard time believing she would have treated, for example, Ryan or any other perceived "hot" guy in this manner.  She'd have been dragging them through the entire event, doing her Hee Haw laugh, flashing her horse teeth, and posing for every photographer whose eye she could catch.

Ugh, my disgust for her has now surpassed my disgust for Slade, and I didn't think anyone affiliated with the Housewives franchise could do that.  

• Love 3
This post had me cracking up! Oh, you kids... God love ya!

I do not know what I can take less of: Gretchen's exhausting wardrobe and accessorizing, Traci's Dumb Donald hairdo, the off-the-shoulder-sweaters, the GIANT earrings and necklaces on every woman on the show (seriously, it's like a 1980s timewarp in that joint), or the "co-directors"-slash-"junior therapists"-slash-parroting secret henchmen that lurk just barely in camera view.

Why Roger, who seems like a pretty nice guy, even wastes his time with Jenni, I have no idea. She is dumb, uninteresting, unable to express any emotion, either physically ( that face!)or verbally and self absorbed. I know her mother has soon kind of mental/emotional problems and is in an institution and her dad seems weird. She definitely has baggage , but doesn't want to face it. Or doesn't want to talk about it for free. I doubt she'd really be upset if Roger left.

• Love 2

Roger's almost ten years older than Jenni, which, at his 38 to her recently turned 29, says a little something about him, too, methinks. Don't blast me with "I was 15 when I married my then-49-year-old love of my life and we've been happily married for 60 years!" I dated older men (my 20 to a 33YO musician, my 20 to a 29YO totally insane guy) when I was young, too, and it didn't work, for obvious reasons.

• Love 1

Roger's almost ten years older than Jenni, which, at his 38 to her recently turned 29, says a little something about him, too, methinks. Don't blast me with "I was 15 when I married my then-49-year-old love of my life and we've been happily married for 60 years!" I dated older men (my 20 to a 33YO musician, my 20 to a 29YO totally insane guy) when I was young, too, and it didn't work, for obvious reasons.

Maybe they make it work because Jenni is mature and an old soul.

Bwahahahhahaa.... sorry.

• Love 2