Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother: Over The Top, Week 2 (10/05/2016 - 10/11/2016)

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

They're doing live DRs again. Justin went first, still don't like him. Total pandering. Alex is going now, and I thought she was Morgan. I'm ashamed that I still don't know which is which. 

It's weird I feel the opposite. I don't think Alex and Morgan look that much alike. I think Morgan is much prettier. I think it's because she is taller and I like taller girls. Alex is shorter and has really short arms. Yes, I'm that shallow. I like that they are playing together but it would be interesting to see them turn on each other. I doubt her parents would want to see it though. LOL!!!

Shane is so simple. And embarrassing. But it's actually endearing. He's cute.

I'm so confused by him talking about Monte being one of his closest allies and then saying he really hopes America will put Monte up because he wants to vote him out. Well which is it, Shane?!

• Love 3

Hah! I love Monte basically crowing about the "Monte and the Pythons" alliance name, saying it was pretty cool, right after Alex assured us that she was just stroking his ego, and she knew it was the worst alliance name ever. 

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 2

Ha!  And now, Monte called Justin sexist lol.  Oh boy... Pot meet kettle.

I hate to say this about anyone but boy, Monte is dim.  Telling America that you don't like their pick for America's Care Package is not a smart move (unless you are trying to go for the entertaining villain archetype or something).  I know there is some talk about Morgan going up as America's Nominee to spite Alex but I can't imagine she'll garner more votes than Monte (unless Morgan or Alex do something really egregious).

Edited by zenithwit

I just tuned in to Neeley's live DR. She STILL thinks she helped flip the house. To my recollection, she didn't do anything; it was all Danielle. 

Monte being delusional is nothing new. He's just so dumb for falling for everything that it's easy to make fun of him.

Everyone still trusts Jason, which is interesting. If he hadn't have won veto, he would have been gone, so look how quickly things flip. 

The Justin thing was that he apparently got naked in front of Morgan before getting into the shower. Morgan didn't even think it was that big of a deal, but Monte was absolutely LIVID about it, and ranted about it for most of the evening. Shelby, being the nutter she is, heard about it, cried about it, and now hates Justin because of it.

Shelby has managed to alienate Alex and Morgan, and while I do get it about her overreaction to the Justin thing, I still don't get the vitriol from the whole house. Everyone talks about the "mean girls" hatred of Danielle (I don't really care for her either, but it might just be the Shane barnacle attached to her), but I'm more curious about the night crew's hatred of Shelby. What am I missing?

Yep. Still fucking hate Kryssie. The whole "we're cool, because we stay up late, and we're real, and we're awesome, and we're smart, and everyone should be watching us, because we're so awesome". No. No, you suck Kryssie. 

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 2

I am conflicted about Kryssie after her DR.  I don't like the blatant pandering to America and complaining about the 10-10 rule but I do think she is making smart moves.  She clearly recognizes that Jason has a large fan base and is viewed favorably by America.  So it is smart of her to hook her wagon to him and try to make him her ride or die.  I'm betting that will use her Care Package on Jason to solidify his trust and gain brownie points with America.  The only reason why I could see her not using the Care Package on Jason is if she doesn't want to make their connection too obvious to the other houseguests.

• Love 2

Yeah, it's weird, I actually don't mind her in the house, I think she woke up and is playing. But her DRs make me want to smack her. And watching Scott right now? Same. Thing. Huge desire to smack him right now. He's awful. And to think I liked him just a few days ago.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Katesus7 said:

Yeah, it's weird, I actually don't mind her in the house, I think she woke up and is playing. But her DRs make me want to smack her. And watching Scott right now? Same. Thing. Huge desire to smack him right now. He's awful. And to think I liked him just a few days ago.

Completely agree.  Though I did find Scott's story about Shelby figuring out the national park clues interesting.  And it looks like Scott is smart enough to keep that information to himself and (hopefully) use it to his advantage later.

I don't think there is one houseguest that I completely like or hate.  It's weird...

ETA - The Plastics are in the HOH.  Alex said that Kryssie told her that she thinks Monte is homophobic and is pretty much looking for a reason to make him the target.  In the convo about this, Alex says that she doesn't think that Monte is homophobic, he's just really Southern.  Oh boy...

Edited by zenithwit
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, zenithwit said:

ETA - The Plastics are in the HOH.  Alex said that Kryssie told her that she thinks Monte is homophobic and is pretty much looking for a reason to make him the target.  In the convo about this, Alex says that she doesn't think that Monte is homophobic, he's just really Southern.  Oh boy...

Ignorance is bliss, apparently. 

Danielle apparently told Alex that in her personal life, she doesn't do well hanging out with girls....oh, hey Nicole! I thought you weren't part of this season!

• Love 1

Scott made a deal with Alex to vote the way she wants in exchange for his safety this week.  Then he talked about said deal with Kryssie and Shane (who mostly listened).  End result: Jason/Kryssie/Shane/Danielle want Scott gone asap, and asked America to nominate him instead of Monte. They think they have a better chance of getting Scott out.  Kryssie also let Neely in on the situation.

Edited by LordBowen
  • Love 1
On 10/6/2016 at 0:29 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Wow, Monte/Morgan. Just wow. Morgan's my age which is super disappointing to her "She has a a son" remark. Ok, and??? I wonder what she'll think when she finds out that Whitney is dating a guy who has a daughter. 

You say that like you think she's discriminating against Danielle for being a single parent.  Like it's a moral or prejudice thing.  Morgan's "She has a son" comment is Morgan thinking ahead to the finale.  People are more sympathetic toward people who have children.  Morgan doesn't want to lose to Danielle for a stupid reason like that.  If she has to lose to Danielle, she'd rather lose because the people who do the voting feel Danielle played a better game and not "Too bad, so sad.  There was nothing you could have done differently, Morgan, because Danielle has a kid and you don't and so we voted for HER to win."   

• Love 1
On 10/6/2016 at 7:10 PM, ByaNose said:

Can we vote out Monte? 

God no.  I want Monte to stay.  This is a shit season (dime store props and competitions, no exit interviews, limited Julie, too much America manipulation) so at least give me some entertainment outlet.  Monte's the gift that keeps on giving. 

10 hours ago, zenithwit said:

I don't think there is one houseguest that I completely like or hate.  It's weird...

I mostly feel the same way. (I do full on hate Scott though!) It's nice actually.

3 hours ago, LordBowen said:

Scott made a deal with Alex to vote the way she wants in exchange for his safety this week.  Then he talked about said deal with Kryssie and Shane (who mostly listened).  End result: Jason/Kryssie/Shane/Danielle want Scott gone asap, and asked America to nominate him instead of Monte. They think they have a better chance of getting Scott out.  Kryssie also let Neely in on the situation.

Oh, I like this. I like this a lot. I'd love to see America nom Scott. It would give me so much joy.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LordBowen said:

Scott made a deal with Alex to vote the way she wants in exchange for his safety this week.  

Haha.  Did he really?  What a tool!  I'd like to hear that conversation.

Scott- You're HOH and you have the power but I'm going to LET you vote the way you want and in exchange you have to give me safety.

Alex- Yes I am HOH and yes I'm going to vote the way I want with or without your weak ass pointless offer, but thanks for giving me your blessing.  Idiot.

Ah, so the vileness of the Favourite Houseguests comes out finally. Danielle/Jason were talking about Shelby last night and they called her a slut and a hooker. Then Danielle corrected herself because "America won't like us". 

Also, I just looked at the Jokers Poll Ratings and Jason and Alex are in the first and second spots. It's good to see that there are people who DO like Alex. Danielle also dropped to the eighth spot, and somehow Monte is above Cornbread. 

I'd be so fine with Scott being America's Nominee and being voted out. 

26 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ah, so the vileness of the Favourite Houseguests comes out finally. Danielle/Jason were talking about Shelby last night and they called her a slut and a hooker.

The vileness of Jason has been on full display since BB17, but the fans still love him. I truly don't get it.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

oh, hey Nicole! I thought you weren't part of this season!

Speaking of everybody's favourite woman-hating wang-magnet, this popped up on Corey's twitter feed recently. Better or worse than the Haycole calendar? You decide readers!

Ct9ggYkUsAIbtdN.jpg

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The vileness of Jason has been on full display since BB17, but the fans still love him. I truly don't get it.

Me neither. People suck, that's all I know. Jason is starting to become his vile self and people still think he's a god. The Midnight Jamboree crew can trash talk people like Shelby and now Morgan, but if The Plastics do it, they must all die or something. And there are people on Twitter who actually know that they're hypocrites and they're proud of it! 

So, Morgan is probably going to be the nom, but I'm starting to think that she may not end up going after all. Looking at if noms stay the same:

Shane: Shelby, Whitney, Neeley, Scott

Danielle: Monte 

Morgan: Jason, Justin, America, Kryssie

Neeley is really the middle factor in here, so we'll see which way she votes. I guess there is a chance of Morgan going, but at least it's not 100%. Kryssie/Neeley have both made notes about Shane/Danielle being a duo and going to Alex to possibly throw out other names under the bus. 

Shane leaving is better for Danielle's game anyway. We get rid of a budding showmance and we get her actually playing the game without the insurance of her and Shane essentially being one vote. I know Danielle will just latch onto Jason like every other person has, but at least we get rid of the showmance factor. 

Also, I'm sick of Jason/Kryssie obsessing with Monte/Morgan being a showmance, especially when she has a boyfriend. If they only knew that Morgan isn't THAT fond of Monte. Enough as an ally and a semi-friend, but nowhere close to being in a showmance with him. 

Everyone's onto Scott and nobody trusts him whatsoever, especially when he exposed his game to everyone. Morgan/Alex talking about getting him put up next week. Beautiful. I love almost all of these girls and their gameplay. 

It's also really sad when Shelby loves Jason so much and wants to be his friend outside of this house, and Jason hates her guts and calls her a slut, trash and a bitch.

Getting pumped for the upcoming Have Nots reveal.  Though I feel kinda bad for Whitney.  It looks like she has a bad headache and we know there is a high probability that she will be a have not.  She's going to be pissed...

Also, earlier Danielle was telling Jason, Neeley and Kryssie about some comments that Monte made about Justin.  Something along the lines that he thinks Justin probably steals his clothes.  Does anyone know more about this?

ETA - And the Have Nots are.... Monte, Morgan and Scott!  And it looks like Scott is already emotional about it.  Let the paranoia begin!

Edited by zenithwit

Danielle said yesterday she won't be voting for president since she'll be in the BB house? Highly presumptuous of her. I wonder if any of them are voting via a mail ballot.

Edited by TimWil

I was convince that Whitney was going to be a Have Not since people seem to hate her, but I guess they hate Scott more.

Justin/Monte did have a fight, I guess? I just am reading it on Twitter, but it apparently got a little heated? I read that and then right underneath the updates on Justin vs Monte....it's about Shelby chasing a butterfly.

A lightbulb also exploded over Shelby.

Danielle was talking to Monte, Shelby, and Alex and said that with everything going on the world they have to understand it's hard for her as a half black person and Monte said it's really hard for him too as a white person. He is the absolute worst. Danielle deserves a medal for not knocking him out imo. 

I'm loving that everyone is onto Scott. Today has been so good. I'm really pissed I missed most of it.

ETA: OK so apparently the reason everyone is against Scott now is because Danielle, Kryssie, Jason are making everyone believe Scott said Monte was racist and are acting like it's all a lie from Scott. That's actually really gross. I get that it's gameplay, but that's not something I can respect. And I hate Scott!

Jason and co (who are all completely insufferable) are so sure Scott will be nommed by America now. We gotta make sure we vote hard for Monte imo.

Whitney and Alex acting so surprised that people might wonder about all the white southerners teaming up against the minorities is very annoying. Girls, you're not that dumb. OK, well, Alex isn't at least!

I do love that Alex still wants to nom Shane and Danielle though. She doesn't want to put up Scott because it doesn't make sense game wise even though she thinks America will hate her for it. I really hope Monte gets America's nom now and not Scott. There would be a lot of pissed off people and I love drama!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Catching up on Jokers. Boy, that Kryssie/Jason/Danielle/Shane/Justin group is just lovely. They are totally awesome y'all, and if you don't know it, they will let you know it. Blech. Scott has completely lost me in the past few days, but I don't want him going up because I don't want this group to have nice things. 

Just put up Monte and let him get voted out. He's so pompous, I just can't listen to him.

• Love 2

The Midnight Jamboree or whatever the hell they are called are far from perfect but I much prefer them to the other side of the house. Probably because they remind me of some of my friends and I'm not sure what that says about me lol. I think both sides of the house have said some pretty awful things but at least MJ's are not laced with subtle racism. Definitely don't agree with the slut/hooker comments though. I also want to point out that I've read updates on Jokers and have been like "wow, I can't believe they said that" and then played it back and the comment was more tongue-in-cheek than it read. Take that for what it's worth I guess. 

Neeley seems to be in the middle and given that both sides of the house like her I think she's currently in the best position. Well liked and not on anybody's radar is the best you can hope for at this point in the game.

ETA: Monte is the WORST. I'm 100% voting for him for 3rd nominee. According to Monty, Krissy hates Morgan cause she's pretty, Krissy hates Monte cause HE'S pretty. And if the feedsters are a "bunch of liberals" he's screwed. Also, people are being racist against him. He just keeps going and digs himself deeper and deeper.

Edited by Marie80

Monte is an idiot. Saying that "America" might put him up if the 'narrative on the show' is that he's a homophobe and racist. Oh, Monte, you can't even blame editing this season, you dumbass.

I still seem to be missing the 'subtle racism' from the plastics. I'm looking for it, I just don't see it. I don't like Danielle or Justin either, hopefully that doesn't make me subtly racist. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Katesus7 said:

I still seem to be missing the 'subtle racism' from the plastics. I'm looking for it, I just don't see it. I don't like Danielle or Justin either, hopefully that doesn't make me subtly racist. 

Oh, you're definitely racist. :P I was mostly referring to Monte and Morgan. I like Alex and I go back and forth on Shelby. But yeah I do think when the first two people you target and trash are 2/3 of the black people in the house, and then Morgan makes comments like "Justin scarrrees me" when Justin hasn't done anything. Ok, he told Monte to fuck off today. That has happened before in the house and it's not a big deal. The truth is that an angry black man is seen as more threatening to many than an angry white man, which Monte is. Monte has talked about physically harming Justin but Justin is the scary one? It's bullshit.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Monte is an idiot. Saying that "America" might put him up if the 'narrative on the show' is that he's a homophobe and racist. Oh, Monte, you can't even blame editing this season, you dumbass.

That's exactly what a massive racist would say... :)

How anyone can dislike Jason is beyond me.  I think maybe people who don't know Jason from previous seasons and from his Twitter feed take his "hookers and sluts" shtick too literally.  That's his catchphrase.  He calls everyone "hookers and sluts"....friends, coworkers, family, his boss -- everyone.   It's just his 'thing' and he doesn't mean it as an insult.

How anyone can think the Midnight Jamboree is a prejudice group is also something I don't understand.  You got the gay guy (Jason), three black people (Danielle / Justin / Neeley), an overweight over tattooed white woman (Kryssie) and the white guy who's into a black woman (Shane).  The Midnight Jamboree is the most diverse group in the house.  I only wish Alex would join them because I think she's smart and she has a good handle on this game.

How anyone can follow The Plastics is truly perplexing .  You got the homophobic, racist, egotistical Trump supporter Monte, his harem of followers and their court jester Scott.  Yawn.

11 minutes ago, J.D. said:

How anyone can dislike Jason is beyond me.  I think maybe people who don't know Jason from previous seasons and from his Twitter feed take his "hookers and sluts" shtick too literally.  That's his catchphrase.  He calls everyone "hookers and sluts"....friends, coworkers, family, his boss -- everyone.   It's just his 'thing' and he doesn't mean it as an insult.

How anyone can think the Midnight Jamboree is a prejudice group is also something I don't understand.  You got the gay guy (Jason), three black people (Danielle / Justin / Neeley), an overweight over tattooed white woman (Kryssie) and the white guy who's into a black woman (Shane).  The Midnight Jamboree is the most diverse group in the house.  I only wish Alex would join them because I think she's smart and she has a good handle on this game.

How anyone can follow The Plastics is truly perplexing .  You got the homophobic, racist, egotistical Trump supporter Monte, his harem of followers and their court jester Scott.  Yawn.

That isn't a reason to root for Jason or to excuse his actions. Those two words are slut-shaming words used to describe women who are provocative and who sleep around, words not used with men. If anything, it makes him look worse when he tries to call other men out on sexist shit. I'm not the one to try to get all political or SJW because I think these particular types of people do take it too far to the point where everything is apparently offensive and you can't say anything right, but I would think that those terms shouldn't be used as a catchphrase to describe any woman, used by any gender. Also, if he does use it at his workplace, that's pretty unprofessional. Plus, Jason and Danielle both used the words slut and hooker. They both were not saying it in a joking way. He has also called Shelby trash and knowing that this is only week two, who knows what else he'll say in the time that he's in the house. 

I definitely don't think Midnight Jamboree are that prejudice, not like Monte and the Plastics can be, but it doesn't mean that they can't say vile and derogatory things. Jason is being extremely cruel about Shelby because she's fake or whatnot, but him, Justin, and Kryssie have definitely taken it to the extreme with their words. It doesn't matter what race, gender, or sexual orientation they are. If they're saying things that they shouldn't be saying to anyone, I think that's wrong and they should not be given a free pass. 

Well, Monte has certainly proven himself to be worse than I hoped for these past few days, and Scott's definitely not an easy person to enjoy, but I do like how independent the girls are. That's not to say I condone their behaviour, not in the slightest. But I enjoy Alex as a person and think she's a great player, I think Morgan would benefit more without having Monte attached to her (and I do think she's playing along with him in order to use him, as she has stated that she doesn't like him), and I go back and forth on Shelby/Whitney and am hoping they prove themselves. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

That isn't a reason to root for Jason or to excuse his actions. Those two words are slut-shaming words used to describe women who are provocative and who sleep around, words not used with men. If anything, it makes him look worse when he tries to call other men out on sexist shit. I'm not the one to try to get all political or SJW because I think these particular types of people do take it too far to the point where everything is apparently offensive and you can't say anything right, but I would think that those terms shouldn't be used as a catchphrase to describe any woman, used by any gender. Also, if he does use it at his workplace, that's pretty unprofessional. Plus, Jason and Danielle both used the words slut and hooker. They both were not saying it in a joking way. He has also called Shelby trash and knowing that this is only week two, who knows what else he'll say in the time that he's in the house. 

I definitely don't think Midnight Jamboree are that prejudice, not like Monte and the Plastics can be, but it doesn't mean that they can't say vile and derogatory things. Jason is being extremely cruel about Shelby because she's fake or whatnot, but him, Justin, and Kryssie have definitely taken it to the extreme with their words. It doesn't matter what race, gender, or sexual orientation they are. If they're saying things that they shouldn't be saying to anyone, I think that's wrong and they should not be given a free pass. 

Well, Monte has certainly proven himself to be worse than I hoped for these past few days, and Scott's definitely not an easy person to enjoy, but I do like how independent the girls are. That's not to say I condone their behaviour, not in the slightest. But I enjoy Alex as a person and think she's a great player, I think Morgan would benefit more without having Monte attached to her (and I do think she's playing along with him in order to use him, as she has stated that she doesn't like him), and I go back and forth on Shelby/Whitney and am hoping they prove themselves. 

You're taking Jason and this show way too seriously. 

5 minutes ago, J.D. said:

You're taking Jason and this show way too seriously. 

I probably am. I honestly forgot about Jason the week after he was evicted on BB17, so I'll totally forget about him the moment he's evicted here. I really shouldn't be so attached to these reality TV stars. But if people can get rightfully uppity on Monte, Scott, and the Plastics, then the Midnight Jamboree folks are fair game and should also be called out. 

Honestly, I dislike all the guys and I like almost all the girls except for Kryssie. If we could just watch all the guys leave and the house is filled with just the girls, then this would make for a much better show for me. 

I'm rooting for Danielle/Alex F2, because both of them have played the best games thus far. I will update my status once it changes, which it will.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

I probably am. I honestly forgot about Jason the week after he was evicted on BB17, so I'll totally forget about him the moment he's evicted here. I really shouldn't be so attached to these reality TV stars. But if people can get rightfully uppity on Monte, Scott, and the Plastics, then the Midnight Jamboree folks are fair game and should also be called out. 

Honestly, I dislike all the guys and I like almost all the girls except for Kryssie. If we could just watch all the guys leave and the house is filled with just the girls, then this would make for a much better show for me. 

I'm rooting for Danielle/Alex F2, because both of them have played the best games thus far. I will update my status once it changes, which it will.  

Rightfully uppity?  Really?  WOW. 

"Disliking the guys" seems to be a common theme from season to season among certain posters.   Seems kinda sexist to me.

I find Alex and Morgan really interesting together. Alex obviously thinks of herself as smarter than Morgan and as a much better player and she's really not afraid to say it to Morgan's face. It's half hilarious and half sad. It reminds me a bit of Phil and Nick's relationship on BBCan3, but Alex isn't nearly as mean to Morgan as Phil was to Nick.

Alex was talking to Shelby earlier and Shelby's facial expressions were just cracking me up. She comes off slightly unhinged half the time and it's hilarious.

The Midnight Jamboree or whatever just bore me. Jason and Kryssie are 2 of the HGs that I hate the most. I find Shane painfully bland. I go back and forth on Danielle. Justin just doesn't do anything for me and tbh sometimes I find him sorta horrible. I do like Neely though.

In the Plastics, I both like and hate Alex and Morgan and that plus their sister relationship makes them the most interesting people/players to me. I thought I hated Whitney but then I realized I just don't care about her really at all. I enjoy Shelby's insanity. Monte is the worst, but it can be fun to watch him act a fool and I love that Alex and Morgan are playing him. 

And then there's Scott, whom I sort of despise to an irrational degree. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, J.D. said:

Rightfully uppity?  Really?  WOW. 

"Disliking the guys" seems to be a common theme from season to season among certain posters.   Seems kinda sexist to me.

Yeah, that phrase totally isn't the right words I want to communicate, that's for sure. Monte's a racist, possibly homophobic and definitely sexist. The girls could be as well. My point here is that everyone should be called out on what they say if it's really bad, especially if they're being hypocritical. For example, Monte being hypocritical when he calls Justin a homophobe and sexist. No, Monte, I believe that is you. As well as Monte saying that he thinks that Justin/Danielle will snap, even though he's the one saying that he's not a violent person but will totally hit Justin. And Jason for saying that America won't like Monte and the Plastics for being sexist (which is true) but then calls Shelby a slut and laughs when Danielle calls her a hooker, and then Jason calls her a bitch and trash with Kryssie. 

No, I just have no desire for the guys this season. I wanted to like Monte but he's a jerk, Scott's not a nice guy either and has been majorly cocky in the two weeks that he's been in the house and I think he thought that he was better than most for being a superfan, Justin's entertaining but someone who is not the type of guy that I like personally, Shane's mostly just there for me and a bit bland because I haven't seen him do much, and Jason's extremely vile and just as fake as he says that Shelby is. Last season, I had James, Victor, and Paul to root for, and I thought at least that Corey was mostly inoffensive, attractive but bland, even with his creepy goat burning story. I ended up hating most of the girls last season too. I usually do look for an all girls alliance I can root for, that is true. That may be sexist of me, but I just want an all girls alliance to work in the way that an all guys alliance has worked. And this season, it's why I'm desperately hoping that Alex/Morgan/Danielle can form a group because they are the ones using the guys that they're aligned with and they're not afraid to cut them. While Kryssie, for example, has Jason as her ride or die and I'm afraid of her sacrificing herself for him. 

I might end up hating everyone this season, girls included, but right now I just like the girls better because they are ten times better players than the guys. They're actively playing the game. Meanwhile, Monte has no idea that he's not running the girls, Jason's relying on America and the houseguests' desire to be liked by America (although I will say good for him for winning that veto when he needed to), Justin's just there to be entertainment, Shane's cuddling next to Danielle 24/7, and Scott's half trying to play the game but he's doing such a bad job of it as a superfan. That's what I base my opinion around, or I try to. If they're playing the game and they're not saying consistent and horrible sexist/racist/homophobic things, then they have the potential for me to like them. 

Plus, unfortunately, the BB fandom has always had their subjective biases. A lot of people I've noticed will root on the houseguests for the first few weeks based on what minority they're from. I've seen so many sexist comments coming from Twitter making fun of Morgan being a skinny white chick. Unfortunately, this is what the BB fandom does. Subconsciously or consciously, they base their choices on what types of personalities they're drawn to, what types of people they want to dominate the game, and I wish it was more on gameplay. It's why I'm rooting for Danielle to make it far with Alex as they are, so far, the best players, with Neeley in close third. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I usually do look for an all girls alliance I can root for, that is true. That may be sexist of me, but I just want an all girls alliance to work in the way that an all guys alliance has worked.

Don't worry, it's not sexist!

So in case anyone cared lol, the first five people made safe were Jason (saved by Kryssie), Kryssie, Whitney, Neely, and Morgan, in that order.

ETA: Neely's only real flaw for me is that she is obsessed with Monte. Like I get that you think he's hot, but come on now!

• Love 2

Kryssie is someone I want to like, but her constant self-aggrandizing is very off putting. This morning in the wee hours she was expounding yet again on her awesomeness, BB cut the camera to the chalk board with the BB 18 HG advice and centered on 1. Drop your ego!   It was pretty funny.

Scott being nominated would be fine with me, but it may be better to get Monte out this week.  If only to avoid a possible escalation of the Justin/Monte situation.

• Love 5

Oh man, not only do I have to worry about being racist, but now I have to worry about being sexist. How about I just proclaim to be against all famewhores, which all of these people are, and leave it at that.

I will say with confidence I do not like Jason. I didn't like him his first season, I don't like him this season. He has a mean streak a mile wide, and him bitching about fake people while being the fakest one in the house makes me want to smack him. I will judge him on calling any woman a slut or a hooker, and I could not give a damn about if he's "joking" or not.

That said, I'm thrilled he's safe this week. Kryssie did exactly what Alex wanted her to do. Of course, it doesn't matter because "America", but I'm hoping whoever is nominated by "America" wins veto so that the HOH can actually get one of their targets out. 

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 4

Although different, there are a lot of similarities between calling people "hookers and sluts" and Corey last season with his years old "f** and gay" tweets (and let's be honest, there's one of those every season with questionable tweets). What I never understand is most people will get up in arms about what Corey said but those same people will be like, "Eh, calling women sluts and hookers isn't like... bad or anything, because he doesn't mean it." Both are offensive, hence the aforementioned similarity, and both should get everyone angry but they don't.

And I'm speaking as someone who enjoys Jason's bitchy mean sarcastic leanings because I'm bitchy, mean, and sarcastic more often than not. I do not, however, follow any of these people on Twitter - I, uh, would need an actual Twitter account for that and the fact that I use Facebook is enough social media for me - and never would have known that it's Jason's battle cry. Don't like it. They're just discriminatory, mean things to call someone and as a woman, those are two words that I don't particularly care about "taking back". Think of how more sophisticated everyone would sound if we stopped using the word "hooker" and started calling them "ladies (and gentlemen*) of the night"? Instead of "slut", we could say "woman (or man*) who enjoys sex and that's perfectly all right".

*I didn't want to be accused of being sexist by leaving the men out. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, La Traviata said:

LMAO at all the drama queens on here who can dish it out but can't take it.  

What does that even mean? I'm more curious because I just woke up and it's early so I'm not entirely getting what your point is!

On another note, Danielle is starting to get really cocky because of America. She knows that her side is well liked and her, Kryssie and Jason in particular are getting cocky about getting America to do what they want. They want Scott up and they can get Monte out later. I guess they'll be surprised when Morgan is up instead (people are still wanting her up). So, if Danielle does stay, I'm going to have to watch more of her, Jason and Kryssie trash talking people and knowing that they're probably still good in the Feedsters' eyes. Great. Danielle's been a great player, but I hate when players get too comfortable. She also took and drank the chocolate milk that is supposed to be for the Have Nots, as they're allowed only specific drinks/foods besides the slop. 

Danielle's also questioning why Scott won't be a number for their side. Because...you guys technically are not in power?? Also, Danielle compared her turning the house against Scott to Dan's funeral. No....not even close. Dan did it to himself when he was absolutely going home. That was a brilliant move and possibly the best move I've personally seen on this show. Danielle didn't really do anything because everyone was already distrusting of Scott in the first place. He put it on himself; Danielle just added some fuel to the fire and it didn't take much to ignite it. 

Danielle also called her and Shane the next Jeff/Jordan. 

I'm really kind of hoping now that one of their side at least gets to be a Have Not next week. I vote Kryssie, because I know Jason/Danielle probably won't. 

I also think next week is the time to split up this Jason/Danielle/Kryssie thing up if Danielle doesn't go this week. They're just going to get more cocky and more vile. 

I'd like for Monte to win veto and take Morgan down (or Morgan winning veto), just for the laughs and to see Danielle crumble. I think that's when all of their true colours will come out, when they're actually in danger and America can't help them. 

• Love 1

Danielle is definitely playing, and I can appreciate that, but she can be annoying at times. Mostly when she talks about a scenario she wants to see happen and then vocalizes what her reaction would be if it did.  Gloating is bad enough; gloating in advance is just inexcusable to me. YMMV.

Am also a bit tired of her attempts to "share" similar experiences. Tonight Neely talked about an acquaintance (who is half-Korean) who turned Neely on to a great Korean restaurant.  Danielle then piped in with. "I got lost in Chinatown once!"   Um, okay.

Still, I don't hate her, just wish she'd be a little less loose lipped.

Neely and Whitney both seem to be in pretty good spots right now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3