Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Legacy

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I could be totally wrong but I trust nothing but the bus they like to run over characters with. Haha.

I wouldn't put anything past them at this point, but I'd love to see them write

Spoiler

a character getting pissed at Felicity for not telling them they had a completely different life in a completely different timeline that they had no way of getting back to, LOL. What good would it do to tell Diggle he has a daughter that he'll never meet in some other timeline? The mental gymnastics...jeez. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think that's it, plus 

Reveal hidden contents

Oliver having long sleeves LOL

Do not make me thank Barry for something.

Flashpoint and it's potential for secret keeping.

Spoiler

They may try and draw a parallel with Oliver and his lies lies lies. They utterly failed with Donna and Noah might as well make a more direct one with Barry. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I wouldn't put anything past them at this point, but I'd love to see them write

Hide contents

a character getting pissed at Felicity for not telling them they had a completely different life in a completely different timeline that they had no way of getting back to, LOL. What good would it do to tell Diggle he has a daughter that he'll never meet in some other timeline? The mental gymnastics...jeez. 

Exactly! It sounds so dumb but I can honestly see someone being like

Spoiler

"You should have told us!" and getting all angry about it. And then it'll be used in that classic "See, she lies like Oliver lied!" argument that makes me want to tear my hair out. LMAO.

6 minutes ago, Chaser said:
Spoiler

They may try and draw a parallel with Oliver and his lies lies lies. They utterly failed with Donna and Noah might as well make a more direct one with Barry. 

I suppose? But...I don't know, like I said I wouldn't put anything past them at this point so I'm not counting it out, but

Spoiler

getting upset about this requires more stretches than Oliver's baby-mama secret keeping, and that was a convoluted mess as it was. Especially when—provided they don't kill him off next ep—they have a prime parallel for lying built in with Felicity dating a cop and probably lying to him about what she gets up to at night (not that it's the same, but it's there and requires WAY less reaching than anyone being upset about Flashpoint). 

Felicity didn't seem fazed by dismantling the 4 bombs when Oliver was fighting Anarky.  When the cops went in to rescue the 3 hostages and take down Tobias Church she was almost panic stricken with the "I can't stop it" and moved from her computers pretty quickly.  Should I read anything into it or is it just the difference in the situations?  I'm not used to seeing Felicity alarmed.  She was never anything but cool under pressure in 1x23.   

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Felicity didn't seem fazed by dismantling the 4 bombs when Oliver was fighting Anarky.  When the cops went in to rescue the 3 hostages and take down Tobias Church she was almost panic stricken with the "I can't stop it" and moved from her computers pretty quickly.  Should I read anything into it or is it just the difference in the situations?  I'm not used to seeing Felicity alarmed.  She was never anything but cool under pressure in 1x23.   

Maybe the additional civilians (and I include the police when I say that) made her more nervous?

When it comes to any changes that could result from Flashpoint's reversal, I can't see it mattering since tales of a different timeline might as well be a fairytale to any of them.  If Barry time traveling caused a death, knowing would be a burden, but would anything else be more than a curiosity to say "how weird" over? 

• Love 1

There are a couple of things I'm puzzled about:

1. When Felicity went home to Mayo McTinyHands, he asked her "Tough day?" and she replied "Just long".  Presumably she's no longer working at PT so what exactly does he think she does that requires business dress and a back rub when she gets home?

2. At SDCC, SA and EBR were talking about an Oliver/Felicity scene where she's trying to get him to get a new team that "ended up going in a completely different place than what was on the page" and where they high fived each other at the end.  There were three scenes like that in the episode but I can't see any one better or worse than another, or that turned out in a different place than they were originally going.

• Love 1

2. At SDCC, SA and EBR were talking about an Oliver/Felicity scene where she's trying to get him to get a new team that "ended up going in a completely different place than what was on the page" and where they high fived each other at the end.  There were three scenes like that in the episode but I can't see any one better or worse than another, or that turned out in a different place than they were originally going.

If i were to guess I'd say the last one where he says she's right and Oliver is all smiles. Didn't look that ambiguous to me.  (Their relationship)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, statsgirl said:

There are a couple of things I'm puzzled about:

I think it was the frozen in amber scene. S&E could have played that straight, but they played up the subtext, IMO.

If it's that one, I can only applaud for them both managing a take where they didn't crack over that awkward line. I mean, come on! And obviously, whoever did some promos over the summer agrees with me, since I distinctly remember it as missing the amber part.

The "frozen in amber" line took me right back to Fringe (even though I know the phrase is more generic than that), which reminded me of Peter/Olivia -- another couple I didn't expect to love but did, who kept getting pulled apart for ridiculous reasons as well. So then I was both nostalgic and distracted. I'll have to go back and see how S&E played it.

Edited by RandomMe

I could have done without Felicity's random cop boyfriend. I smell !PLOT!

Other than that, this felt kind of like a reboot so I'll reserve judgement.

Or in the words of others, 'whelmed'. For now

Edited to add: I guess we can add Tobias Church to the revolving door of bad guys who can beat the Arrow for no apparent reason and despite the fact he's supposed to be the best fighter in the world. This is tiresome at this stage.

Edited by AudienceofOne
  • Love 2

My brother and I watched this and for the first time the group of people we interact with in other cities did not. He thinks that OQ loses 10 IQ points per season. I agree and think that at the rate they are going OQ will never achieve happiness or get the job done of saving his city because he will be too stupid to do so. After 5 years he should be in a better place, have a better fighting style since it has now into his 10th year of training, worked out his demons for the most part and he should have gotten his girl and not all this stalling and destroying the Olicity ship. We will watch but not live.

• Love 9

I'm not a veteran watcher of this show by any means, and reading everyone's comments, which are so wonderful, eloquent and intelligent, mine in comparison, comes off as a crazy person just ranting, so sorry about that. I'm trying to catch up and just caught the pilot and here's my takeaway:

What the fuck was that? Just what the fuckery fuck was that???? It was like a totally different show! If I hadn't known about the previous seasons, or watched any of the crossovers, I would never have known that Oliver and Felicity had ever been in love. On the contrary, one would think that it was Laurel he'd been in love with.  And just WHAT THE FUCK was that deathbed promise?! She had no right, NO RIGHT to ask that of Oliver, because she wasn't the original Canary! Plus that whole thing how she didn't even know that she was going to die. But why quibble with continuity and logic?

Seriously, I was more interested in the Bratva storyline and seeing Anatoly again!

And sorry, but for the kind of relationship that Oliver and Felicity had, the pain and hurt she was going through when she ended things, no way, NO FUCKING WAY would she be seeing anyone this soon, let alone giving him a key to her place, where he just happened to be waiting for her to give her a shoulder rub. WHAT THE FUCK???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then there was the whole confusion over which cop Prometheus had killed. Was it Ritter's cop? or Conahan (sp?) And was Conahan Ritter's character? I mean, they all looked the SAME. Same hair color, style and beard. I remember reading that Ritter was the new guy in Felicity's life, so that couldn't have been him who was killed-plus the wife and child.

And talk about regression. Same crooked cop story line we got in the third season? Second season? Plus all the retreads from the first season, down to the dialogue. Just lazy and stupid.

I laughed my ass off at the lack of the number of people that showed up at the unveiling. And as someone pointed out to me, that was one FUGLY statue and reminded me of the FUGLY I Love Lucy statue that was recently removed.

Again, just what the fuck?

• Love 17
20 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Your rant makes me feel validated.  It has its own kind of eloquence.   

Thanks! As you and other Smallville-ites know, my posts come from an emotional place 95% of the time. I think my type intelligently is saved for when I'm discussing Eve and ❤Roarke❤ And Nora's other books as well as the other authors I read.

Ahem. Topic?Unlike others, I found Chad Coleman's Tobias Church just another moustache twirling villain. He gave me the vibes of that boring, nonstop talk-talk-talking of that villain in season 3? 4? of Person of Interest. Just as Damien was last season-moustache twirling that is, followed up with coming through with his threats.

ETA: And does EVERYONE have that same picture of Laurel that Oliver carried around with him during his years on the island? Thea had it in her loft or apartment; Quentin had it, and I think even by the end of season four, Oliver had one too. All of them, 8x10 glossies!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

ETA: And does EVERYONE have that same picture of Laurel that Oliver carried around with him during his years on the island? Thea had it in her loft or apartment; Quentin had it, and I think even by the end of season four, Oliver had one too. All of them, 8x10 glossies!

I just assume that Laurel did a portrait session at Sears and handed out a lot of copies, lol.  Probably still had a dozen in her closet when she died.

19 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ahem. Topic?Unlike others, I found Chad Coleman's Tobias Church just another moustache twirling villain. He gave me the vibes of that boring, nonstop talk-talk-talking of that villain in season 3? 4? of Person of Interest. Just as Damien was last season-moustache twirling that is, followed up with coming through with his threats

I thought he had a nice, solid presence and I had a lot of hope for where they'd take the character.  I liked that he was not supposed to be anything more than a pure bad guy, out for power and his bottom line.  It was a refreshing change that he wasn't handing out pills to make a quasi slave army and that his goal was money and corruption, not destroying the world.  But the potential to make him a good street level threat for GA to face really fizzled fast.  

I still had hope for him in this first episode of the season.  Good times.  

• Love 4
(edited)

501 (Legacy) – No Oliver Queen voiceover intro.

501 (Legacy) – Opening scene of this episode (per script): 
EWyfNURUEAEzijw?format=jpg

EWyfOuNUMAAF-Qt?format=jpg

EW3mbLvU0AA0690?format=jpg

EW3mcV5UMAEtfIp?format=jpg

EW8iWxCU8AAnI_c?format=jpg

EW8iWxDUEAAYBlB?format=jpg

501 (Legacy) – Oliver defeats Anarky and disarms four bombs with Felicity’s help; he also tries to discourage a new vigilante: 
Oliver (over comms): "I found the bomb."
Felicity (over comms): "No, no, no. That's not a bomb. That's... 1, 2, 3 - 4 bombs. (Oliver continues fighting Anarky) I'm in the brains. It's going to take a while to disarm. Do you think you can keep Machin busy?" 
Oliver (over comms): "I don't think that'll be a problem." (Pins Anarky's hand to pillar with arrow)
Anarky: "Aah! Does this mean you're not going to kill me? What's a guy got to do to get a little love? I only tried blowing up the city. I mean, half of it."
Oliver (punching Anarky out): "Sleep. (To Felicity over comms) Tell S.C.P.D. I left a present for them. (To Rene Ramirez) Get away from that!"
Rene: "I'm disarming it."
Oliver: "It's handled. (To Felicity over comms) Overwatch?"
Felicity (over comms): "Yeah. Oh, man. That thing's just a really ugly piece of modern art now. Aw. You going to make a new friend?"
Oliver: "I thought I told you to stay off the streets."
Rene: "It's my city too!"
Oliver; "You want to help?"
Rene: "Yeah."
Oliver: "Then make a donation to the police department. And keep that elevated."
Rene: "Keep what elevated? (Oliver shoots arrow into his leg) Aah!"
Oliver: "I don't want to see you out here again!"

501 (Legacy) – Felicity tries to get Oliver to recruit new team members, including Wild Dog, but Oliver refuses:
Oliver: "What are you two doing here? It's late."
Curtis: "That's what I told her, but she's been complaining that the secondary processor keeps overclocking the GPU cache."
Oliver: "Must be nice to have someone down here who speaks Felicity."
Curtis: "Well, I'm strictly repair and maintenance. You guys are the vigilantes."
Felicity: "Yeah, well, it's getting to be an awfully big club."
Oliver: "What's this?"
Felicity: "A little dossier on Wild Dog." 
Oliver: "Wild Dog?" 
Felicity: "Yeah, you know, because of the shirt. Silly dog just didn't really have the same ring to it." 
Curtis: "I suggested the 'wild.'"
Oliver: "Right, and why do I need a dossier on him?"
Felicity: "I was thinking, instead of putting an arrow in him, you might consider bringing him into the fold."
Curtis: "He shot him? You shot him?" 
Felicity: "Okay, I know it's not the most enticing of recruitment pitch plans, but there are plenty of candidates willing to compensate for our ineffectual-slash-corrupt police department. Evelyn Sharp, Mr. Ski Goggles. Still work-shopping that code name."
Oliver: "I'm not - I'm not putting together a new team." 
Felicity: "Okay, well, in case you haven't noticed, we're a little shorthanded."
Oliver: "Just for a little while. John will come back. Thea will come back." 
Felicity: "And if they don't?" 
Oliver: "Then I will handle it. Get some sleep. Both of you."

501 (Legacy) – Felicity finds info on Tobias Church and tells Oliver that he’s living in denial by not recruiting new team members:
Felicity: "You must be lost. City Hall is that way."
Oliver: "Wanted to see if you had info on our new player."
Felicity: "And you wonder why your approval rating is in the basement?"
Oliver: "I don't wonder."
Felicity: "How'd you ditch your security detail?"
Oliver: "I used to ditch John Diggle."
Felicity: "Yeah. Tobias Church... A.K.A. 'Charon.'" 
Oliver: "The 'Ferryman of Hades.' Left gold coins on the eyes of one of his victims last night."
Felicity: "Well, well, well."
Oliver: "I didn't fail every course that I took in college." 
Felicity: "Warrants out for his arrest on no less than 20 murders, and those are just the ones that they can connect him to."
Oliver: "Mr. Church just became our top priority."
Felicity: "'Our' is not going to be enough for this guy."
Oliver: "Okay, Felicity." 
Felicity: "Church runs with a crew, and yours is not coming back." 
Oliver: "You don't know that."
Felicity: "Yes, I do. It's called not being in denial. You really ought to give it a try. Look. For the past five months, you have been frozen in amber, waiting for things to go back to the way things were. They're not. You need to move forward, especially with guys like this coming into town."
Oliver: "Don't worry about him. He's not going to be staying very long. Just find a way for me to find him, please." (Leaves)
Curtis (entering): "Why isn't he at City Hall? 
Felicity: "That is a question I keep asking myself."
Curtis: "What are you working on?"
Felicity: "If Oliver's asking, a location for our new baddie in town."
Curtis: "And if he's not asking?" 
Felicity: "I've got an address for this guy. You mind checking him out for me?"
Curtis: "I am a happily married man, Felicity." 
Felicity: "Just see what you can find out, like if he's loco or anything." 
Curtis: "We are calling him the 'Wild Dog.' Um, isn't that already settled?" 
Felicity: "Please."
Curtis: "No." 
Felicity: "Please." 
Curtis: "Okay. Fine."

501 (Legacy) – Team Arrow deals with the aftermath of Oliver’s kidnapping by Tobias Church’s men:
(Quentin and Thea enter the Arrow Bunker.)
Quentin: "Felicity." 
Felicity: "We saw it." 
Curtis: "Why didn't Oliver fight back? Sorry. Really dumb question." 
Thea: "Okay, well, can we check the van?" 
Felicity: "No, they shut down traffic cameras."
Curtis: "And there are no satellites over the area. We're blind." 
Thea: "Okay, well, if the S.C.P.D. van was legit, then police are going to be no help."
Felicity: "Well, maybe this is a job for Speedy. Can you suit up and hit the streets for Intel?" 
Thea: "Can you maybe try to hack into the police department and see if there's any internal chatter we can go on?"

501 (Legacy) – After being rescued, Oliver is disappointed that Thea won’t rejoin the team and Felicity reminds him of his promise to Laurel:
Oliver: "I'm sorry that you had to hear that." 
Felicity: "Hazard of the job. Are you okay?"
Oliver: "Just seeing Thea in the suit, it just made me feel like everything was going to get back to normal." 
Felicity: "Well, I'm running out of different ways to tell you that it's not." 
Oliver: "Hey, look. Being a vigilante is not just putting on a mask and thinking up a codename. These people are amateurs, Felicity. You really think that they're going to replace Dig or Thea or Laurel? They couldn't do that if I wanted them to, and I don't want them to."
Felicity: "They're already out there, Oliver. Because of you. Inspired by you."
Oliver: "After what happened with Laurel, how can you ask me to put more people in the crosshairs?" 
Felicity: "I am not the one who is asking, or do you not remember the promise that you made to Laurel before she died? Laurel was thinking about the future. You need to think about yours."
Oliver: "Right now, I need to think of ways to stop Tobias Church -"
Felicity: "Oliver."
Oliver: "So you let me know when you find a way around the kill cordon."

501 (Legacy) – Curtis is out in the field checking out Wild Dog:
Felicity (over comms): "Curtis?" 
Curtis (over comms): "Okay, this is the craziest superhero scavenger hunt I have ever been on, not that I've ever been on any, but -"
Felicity: "Wild Dog isn't a superhero. He's a vigilante." 
Curtis: "You are really going to have to explain the distinction to me. Either way, we'd have better luck with an ad in the paper."
Felicity: "No one reads the classifieds anymore. Why don't you just come on back, and we'll figure out our next move?" 
Curtis: "You got it."

501 (Legacy) – In a flashback scene, Laurel asks Oliver for a promise:
Laurel: "After tonight, I realized anything can happen. Which is why I need you to make me a promise." 
Oliver: "Anything." 
Laurel: "Please... please don't let me be the last Canary. That way, a part of me will always be out there with you."
Oliver: "I promise."

501 (Legacy) - DELETED FLASHBACK SCENE (included in Arrow trailer shown during San Diego Comic Con 2016, but not in any aired episode): A dying Laurel tells Oliver that he can't go it alone:
Laurel: "I need you to promise me something."
Oliver: "Anything."
Laurel: "Your instinct is always trying to go it alone. But Ollie, you can't."

501 (Legacy) – In the Arrow Bunker, Felicity and Quentin coordinate the rescue of the remaining hostages by Oliver and selected police:
Lt. Conahan (over comms): "We're in."
Quentin (over comms): "Copy that."
Lt. Conahan (over comms): "I'm going to disarm the bombs. Fisher will take the others and get the councilmen."
Quentin (over comms): "All right. Watch your back, all right? I've got you from here."
Felicity: "And where do they think 'here' is, exactly?"
Quentin: "I forgot to mention that."
Felicity: "I am jealous. I've been trying to get Oliver to work with a team for weeks now."
Oliver (over comms): "They're not a team!"
Felicity (over comms): "Well, you can look it up. A team is 'a group of persons associated with a joint action.'"
Officer Fisher (over comms): "Receiving heavy fire."
Quentin (over comms): "Fisher?!"
Officer Fisher (over comms): "I need backup."
Quentin (over comms): "Conahan, Fisher's catching heat. Can you assist?"
Lt. Conahan (over comms): "Negative. We got a bigger problem. Church has wired the conductor."
Felicity (over comms): "The conductor is in the center of - if it goes, the whole building is going to blow. You have to get out of there!" 
Oliver (over comms): "Not without Church!"
Felicity (over comms): "The whole power plant is going to go up. There's nothing I can do to stop it."
Oliver (to Conahan): "Get them out of here! I'll disarm the cordon."
Lt. Conahan: "I'm on it!"
Oliver (over comms): "Overwatch!"
Felicity (over comms): "Hostages are safe. You have maybe 5 seconds."

501 (Legacy) – Oliver finally agrees to recruit Wild Dog and also Curtis to Team Arrow:
Felicity: "What are you still doing here? I thought you'd be out celebrating after your big win." 
Oliver: "It wasn't exactly a win." 
Felicity: "You went from being the do-nothing mayor to the rock star mayor in under 24 hours. I would say that that qualifies." 
Oliver: "Church is still out there." 
Felicity: "I'm not worried about that. What, with your new unit of super cops and the new team of vigilantes you're going to be recruiting, Church is going to see the inside of a cell in no time."
Oliver: "I see what you did there." 
Felicity: "What did I do?" 
Oliver: "You talked about the new team like it's a done deal." 
Felicity: "Oh. That. Well, I just thought since you decided to 'keep swimming' as mayor, you might do the same as Green Arrow."
Oliver: "You might be right."
Felicity: "Lance told me about the Russian proverb, by the way. Very poetic. Wait - did you just say I might be right? Are you okay?"
Oliver: "I've been looking into your guy."
Felicity: "Wild Dog?"
Oliver: "It says here his name is Rene Ramirez." 
Felicity: "Yeah, but Wild Dog is much scarier. So by looking into him, does that mean -"
Oliver: "I'm thinking of recruiting him." 
Felicity: "Good."
Curtis (entering): "You better. Because if you don't, I have no idea what I went through this for." (Pointing to his black eye)
Felicity: "Oh, my God. What happened?"
Curtis: "I was looking for Mr. Dog, and then I was jumped by two insanely aggressive guys with knives." 
Oliver: "Do you remember what they looked like?" 
Curtis: "Yes, and I will tell you everything on one condition. You recruit me, too." 
Oliver: "Okay."

501 (Legacy) – Oliver has a skype phone call with Diggle, who's still in the military overseas:
Oliver (via skype): "Hey, buddy. How you doing?" 
Diggle (via skye): "Well, besides feeling like I've got the worst case of deja vu ever, I'm not bad. How about you? You still the mayor?"
Oliver (via skype): "Yeah. They haven't voted me out yet, so."
Diggle (via skype): "Yeah, well, give it a little bit of time, man. They'll come to their senses. I got your message. You all right?" 
Oliver (via skype): "I'm all right. I - I... I wanted to bounce something off of you and get your perspective." 
Diggle (via skype): "Okay. On?" 
Oliver (via skype): "Felicity thinks that it's time we put together a new team."
Diggle (via skype): "And you want to know if I think that's a good idea?" 
Oliver (via skype): "I do." 
Diggle (via skype): "I think it is. It wasn't exactly the response you were looking for, right?" 
Oliver (via skype): "No. No. But I'm not surprised. I need to make peace with the fact that things aren't going to go back to the way they were."
Diggle (via skype): "So does that include you and Felicity?" 
Oliver (via skype): "I don't know."

501 (Legacy) – We meet Felicity's new boyfriend:
(Felicity returns home to the loft, removes her shoes and collapses on the sofa.  We see a man's hands come into frame and massage her shoulders.)
Felicity: "Oh. Mmm. You're a magician." 
Male Voice: "Tough day?"
Felicity: "Just long. Better now." 
(Camera pulls back and we see Detective Malone.)

Edited by tv echo