Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Guys' Guide to Courting

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Jinger and Jeremy go on a whirlwind trip to see his family and friends; a look back at past Duggar courtships, with tips from the guys for a successful relationship.

That should be scintillating. 

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, MichaelaRae said:

But of course.

I cannot believe they are showing these freaking courtships again. Didn't all the leghumpers complain last season when a few of the episodes were basically repeat episodes of the whole season???

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Jinger and Jeremy go on a whirlwind trip to see his family and friends; a look back at past Duggar courtships, with tips from the guys for a successful relationship.

So still no engagement and none of the guys are in successful relationships to give advice in the first place...

• Love 6

Sounds riveting.

Can't wait to hear what Michelle adds, except appearance for fees. How creepy is it, that your mother is going along with you and 2 chaperones. She has met the parents, she can meet the rest of the family at the wedding. It's clearly to keep the parents significant, and yet, they become less and less each time they appear inappropriately.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

I cannot believe they are showing these freaking courtships again. Didn't all the leghumpers complain last season when a few of the episodes were basically repeat episodes of the whole season???

Maybe they figure everyone is now sleeping straight through the show and won't notice.

2 hours ago, DOBABYR said:

So still no engagement and none of the guys are in successful relationships to give advice in the first place...

Didn't stop the girl "authors." .....And these are guys, so I'm sure they know more, just by nature. Right? ... Right?

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe they figure everyone is now sleeping straight through the show and won't notice.

Didn't stop the girl "authors." .....And these are guys, so I'm sure they know more, just by nature. Right? ... Right?

My bad...they are the superiors...hehe

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DOBABYR said:

I think they mean Ben and Derrick. I think I yacked up a hairball.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Thank goodness hey are finally going to tell me how to have a great relationship!! My husband and I have just been winging it for 27 years.... 

I know! So insulting to actual long-married couples. And does anyone else remember how the Dullards were described to donors as going to CA to "help" them with marriage, because apparently those in CA are no good at it?

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, momofsquid said:

Prediction: the advice will be something along the lines of "Spew a constant stream of Jesus blather to obscure the sad reality that you've stuck yourself with a stranger who gets on your nerves."

Bin already told us:

If you find that you made a mistake as a horny teen, just remember suffering for Jesus is good. It doesn't matter if you are no longer attracted to the shrew, what matters is bearing the cross that your parents Jesus forced gave you. Physical attraction or any other compatibility aren't necessary, you still don't have to evil-masturbate, like single guys.

• Love 17

Aren't these people filming ALL THE TIME?? Why is there so much rehashing of old crap? How many times to I need to see Bin in the broom closet asking to court Jessa??

And maybe it's the NY'r in me but why do all of them talk so damn slowly? What's with all of the pausing? Spit it out! I hate slow talkers.

• Love 16

Is it just me or is Jill totally closed off from the older brothers and sisters?  Seriously, do they even like her?  I almost feel sorry for her.

Michelle and Jim Bob, you plan worked. Your kids don't trust each other at all.

• Love 14

I hate when they stick tools in electrical sockets.

Alert prepared him for courting? A future mate

I guess they want each future mate to be "talkative" so they can carry the conversation?

Too many questions.

Dumb ones with dumb answers.

I see no productive nor future productive members of society.

• Love 3

This whole courtship crap sounds like hazing. But they seem to love/require it.

Ooh. Josiah, the trucker! And bird caller? And up for grabs. Wow.

I hope that dog doesn't belong to the Duggs.

Oh my. The infamous baby-drop. Those clowns! 

Is this like a best/worst of but with that this-or-that questioning? Lame

• Love 3

Joseph said, “when I am a father, any guy wanting to court my daughters will have to prove that he is there for the right reason, and not just to get the prize and leave.”  I wonder if he is referring to her virginity or being part of the Duggar kingdom and all that entails.

I don’t know why they insist on revisiting those awkward, “asking to court scenes”.  I cringe every time they show Ben asking to court Jessa.  Jill’s “awesome and totally” response to Derick made her sound like an unintelligent airhead. 

Funny how they never do a query on Jana's potential love life. 

• Love 12

All I can think about during these flashbacks is how nice and normal both Jill and Derick looked! On one hand, I'm happy that they're now somewhat free to express their identities, but it would be sooooo nice to see them freshly showered, wearing nice clothes, and with attractive hair just one time...

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Ummmmm Josiah said, "I don't know anything about courtships?" Whaaaaaat????!!!!! How in the world do they expect ANYBODY to buy that?

You know what WOULD be interesting? An honest reflection from Josiah on why his courtship didn't work, even with his biased spin on it. It would be interesting to hear how a courtship that fails protects you from marrying the wrong person. But nooooooo...raw honesty has never been the Duggars' strength...

I was thinking "are we not going to mention Marjorie?".

• Love 7

Are the Duggar boys going to put out a calendar next? Duggar Men, Fundy and Single.

And Ben side-hugging Jessa before he went out to do man's work - she was like what the fuck are you hugging me for, you're just going outside.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Funny how they never do a query on Jana's potential love life. 

I'm waiting for the West Coast feed to come on, but if they don't ask Jana about dating, I think that's a good thing. All the badgering last season came across as really mean spirited. Jana knows she has no love life. The camera crew knows she has no love life. Hell, the entire country knows she has no love life and zero prospects on the horizon. At this point, it would be like kicking a blind, mangy dog when he's down. Cruel and unnecessary. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 17
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Are the Duggar boys going to put out a calendar next? Duggar men, Fundy and Single.

And Ben side-hugging Jessa before he went out to do man's work - she was like what the fuck are you hugging me for, you're just going outside.

HAH!

• Love 1

I too was hoping they would talk about Josiah's failed courtship.  What are they hiding?  I did think he showed a slight insight in saying he realized how young he is and needs to mature a lot before a(another) relationship.  They could have even given Marjorie a TH on her college campus. There is life after courtship.  

I guess proposal is next week, I hope.  No more rehashing.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

Aren't these people filming ALL THE TIME?? Why is there so much rehashing of old crap? How many times to I need to see Bin in the broom closet asking to court Jessa??

And maybe it's the NY'r in me but why do all of them talk so damn slowly? What's with all of the pausing? Spit it out! I hate slow talkers.

All of these people are dumb as rocks.  Imagine their thought process as a car in first gear, and you're looking at Duggar mentality.  Dumb with no education.  I'm truly surprised that they can speak in full sentences.

• Love 12

I actually have nothing to say right now.....give me a few. I'm sure I can think of something to snark about. I feel like all I heard  was....blah...blah..stupidness...blah..blah

• Love 8
2 hours ago, NewDigs said:

I hate when they stick tools in electrical sockets.

I want them all to stick tools in electrical sockets, then stick the tools up their a$$es and spin. But that's just me.

Edited by jcbrown
Not educated at SotDRT
  • Love 18

Thank you, Annb67 and jcbrown!!!  I really had the most stressful of days only to come home to watch this bullshit and your posts just made it all worth it!   I will not admit how many times I re-wound portions of the show as I was certain I had to have missed something.  It was just that bad.  And wine did not even take the edge off....

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

All of these people are dumb as rocks.  Imagine their thought process as a car in first gear, and you're looking at Duggar mentality.  Dumb with no education.  I'm truly surprised that they can speak in full sentences.

But they know such big words:

Jinger - "logistics"

Joe - "prioritized"

Josiah - "Woo the girl"

Joy - "realm"

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Thank you, Annb67 and jcbrown!!!  I really had the most stressful of days only to come home to watch this bullshit and your posts just made it all worth it!   I will not admit how many times I re-wound portions of the show as I was certain I had to have missed something.  It was just that bad.  And wine did not even take the edge off....

Really? I'm already half a bottle down hoping for relief when this shitshow airs here in a few. :(

• Love 1

I feel like Prince William is to Jedediah (the one on the left tonight) as Prince Harry is to Jer (on the right :)

My cat did NOT react to Josiah's bird call. Like, not at all. Weird.

Josiah's graduation cake looked so so sad. 

It hasn't been healthy for you, Jeremy. Not one bit.

Edited by woodscommaelle

I will admit to having this on in the background. It sounded like an endless supply of recaps, backtracks, flashbacks, recaps of flashbacks, previews, previews of flashbacks, and recaps of recaps. Did they really ask the Wild and Crazy Jboys about hair color and height of their future wives? Sounded like it was right off Josh's Ashley Madison sign-up questionnaire.

These Jkids know nothing about each other. Nothing. Just like Mullet. I could tell you more about the people I work with.

What happened to that dog? Hope it escaped. It would be a first....an actual freed Duggar. Wish it could write a memoir.

Jinge is nuts. Babe should be embarrassed to be "courting" the likes of her, but I think he's equally as crazy. Wonder if any of his old Orangeman teammates are watching this and howling with laughter.

• Love 21
45 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

I actually have nothing to say right now.....give me a few. I'm sure I can think of something to snark about. I feel like all I heard  was....blah...blah..stupidness...blah..blah

25 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

I feel like Prince William is to Jedediah (the one on the left tonight) as Prince Harry is to Jer (on the right :)

Jer and Jed remind me of a nice, handsome gay couple who spends their weekends antiquing and rescuing stray cats. It's kind of cute how they're sort of welded together when they sit on the couch.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jer and Jed remind me of a nice, handsome gay couple who spends their weekends antiquing and rescuing stray cats. It's kind of cute how they're sort of welded together when they sit on the couch.

I think Jer almost made it out of there, but he blinked and the body snatchers caught him.

• Love 6