Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2: All Episodes

MarkHB

No real synopsis, but I did find this...

In addition to Grant Gustin and Arrow star Stephen Amell returning, Season 2 of CW Seed’s Vixen will also feature Franz Drameh and Victor Garber’s Firestorm, Emily Bett Rickards’ Felicity Smoak, Brandon Routh’s Ray Palmer and Katie Cassidy’s Black Canary. The story will be set before the latter character’s Arrow Season 4 demise, though as we learned at Comic-Con, Katie Cassidy will be popping up all over the DC universe regardless.

Episode 1 will be released on CW Seed on October 13, 1 day earlier than previously announced (and the same date as the Legends of Tomorrow season premiere).

• Love 3

So, the new episode is up at CW Seed, and while it's mainly exposition for this year's story, I did notice something interesting.  In the credits, there's one frame where some of the characters' creators are acknowledged, and Cisco, Jax, Martin Stein and Vixen are all listed as having been created by Gerry Conway (with differing artists)!

Someone please tell me they did not just copy Avatar:The Last Airbender.

Glad the series is back; liked seeing the other characters from the Arrow-verse; still annoyed that we're only getting a few minutes per week. Good start, though.

• Love 1

Wow, so I totally forgot about this. CW should at least air a promo for it during the other DC shows.

Episodes 2 & 3:

So, new villain! Standard 'I want ALL the power' type.

Hope Mari still is doing fashion design; she needs a day job, right?  :)

Did like the fight sequence. It looks like they want to showcase as many animals as they can.

Rolling my eyes at Mari and the professor just hopping over to "Africa". Really?? There are 50+ countries on the continent; pick one. They even could have just said 'Zambesi'.

Anyway, Mari's sister joining her in the fight; this could be interesting.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Trini said:

[snip]

Rolling my eyes at Mari and the professor just hopping over to "Africa". Really?? There are 50+ countries on the continent; pick one. They even could have just said 'Zambesi'.

Anyway, Mari's sister joining her in the fight; this could be interesting.

Ugh!  The "Africa" thing drives me bonkers.  Even if they're just trying to avoid naming an actual country, you are totally right in that they could just say "Zambesi" and be done with it.

I'm quite looking forward to the sister-team-up.  These 5-minute episodes are making me feel like a junkie, though.  Just give me a full show, already, animated or live-action!  Why can't we have nice things?!

• Love 2

I did the five minutes each week last year and this year I just can't take it.  So we're up to three parts so far.  How many will there be?  When it's all done, then I can watch.  

Edited by BkWurm1
7 hours ago, Trini said:

They use the same transit company that goes between Star City and Nanda Parbat with better frequencies than a city bus line.

• Love 4

Episode 4:

I was pretty sure that the Sister was going to betray Mari, but that was quick! Then again, this "series" is so short.

So we got firebending and waterbending; two more totems to go. Are they going to try and get the other two in the next episode? Because it looks like this might be just 6 short episodes like last time.

And since I did watch Avatar:TLA, it annoyed me that Koasa was just throwing waves of water from out of nowhere.

I guess it fun to include the other Arrowverse characters, but they're really not necessary here.

Superficial note: the coloring on Black Canary seemed wrong - I don't think they picked a good color for her skin tone.

Episode 5:

Okay, no more totems; this one was essentially an action sequence. (Curse these tiny "episodes"!)

All that happened was that Koasa and the water totem died! :(

Next episode is supposed to be the last; I guess they won't bother with the other totems?

What's an animal that's fireproof...?

Edited by Trini
3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

This was a joke right? Black Canary coming on? They had her do nothing and speak like 1 semi full sentence while being completely silent in the "finale". Nice to know that at least MG is consistent with his treatment of her no matter the medium.

Honestly, the fuss they made was embarrassing.  They basically promised a prequel to show why Mari and Laurel were super happy to see each other and yet I don't think they even spoke to each other.  What was that? 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Does anyone know who that couple was that toasted Mari at the party in the finale?  Were they supposed to be someone important or relevant?

It was Laurel Lance and Ray Palmer.

---

So that was kinda underwhelming for a finale. Maybe this dinky webseries (plus her role in Legends) will raise Vixen's profile enough so that WB/DC Animation can do a proper Vixen movie. Or be part of a Birds of Prey TV series.

I want to see more Vixen, but if this is the best they can do... I dunno.

Was this before Legends Of Tomorrow?  Having Ray and Laurel show up was kinda annoying. And, apparently, the gang had a lot of time for major crises away from Central and Star Cities. I feel bad that Weather Wizard knocked out Firestorm. Did Jax even call Martin "Grey"?

I liked what I saw, though I'm not really hellbent on seeing more of the series online. And dunce that I am, I was thinking "Planeteers," not "Avatar." You know, with "Spirit" taking the place of "Heart."

• Love 1

So what was on CW last night was both "seasons" of the CW Seed episodes?  That explains a lot of the pacing and the like.  Is this a one-shot for the "regular" CW or is this moving to a 1-hour series?

Overall, not bad, if a bit hokie.  Fire should not have been able to obliterate Water.  The Water totem should still exist, since Fire really didn't have that much strength.  And the dialogue felt very comic-book-y, like I could see each word balloon.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Was this before Legends Of Tomorrow

Yes, it's set some time before the Legends get rounded up; during the earlier part of Arrow Season 4 and Flash Season 2.

39 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

Is this a one-shot for the "regular" CW or is this moving to a 1-hour series?

It was just a special. So far there hasn't been any word on more Vixen.