Type keyword(s) to search

Whoopi Goldberg: EGOT Winner, So Why Is She Here?

Lisin
  • Start Topic

(edited)
57 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Whoopi kind of seems like a nightmare if you are on her good side. 

As Jenny McCarthy said Whoopie was a control freak intimidating and nasty.

Jenny was spot on in her scathing assessment of Whoopie and it explains why Sunny holds back.  She has said things we all observe on here.  Here are what she said about Whoopie.

"That was one of the hardest things about 'The View,' was not being able to put your point forward," said McCarthy. "I will say Whoopi would throw to commercial break just as you wanted to make your point of view and she had a very dominating voice, not only sounding, but it's scary, almost like fierce, you don't want to f--k with her."

"People don’t understand. Whoopi can knock over anyone in a debate. Her voice is not only strong in meaning but in sound. I wasn’t going to play a kiss ass. To me, Whoopi had an addiction to controlling people’s thoughts, their words, the room, the table, your feeling, your mood," McCarthy adds. "She had an addiction to controlling all of it and everybody.”

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
On 5/11/2019 at 1:14 PM, Apprentice79 said:

"People don’t understand. Whoopi can knock over anyone in a debate. Her voice is not only strong in meaning but in sound.

Whoopi can't hold her own in a true debate because she knows very little.  She speaks in soundbytes...BIG LOUD soundbytes, along with meandering gibberish.

• Love 13
(edited)

It was nice of Whoopi to say RIP to Doris Day & Peggy Lipton, but she forgot that Peggy & Quincy Jones have TWO daughters, so mentioning only Kadada but not Rashida was odd.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8

Whoopie, you are a multi millionaire, and you have 100% coverage with your medical insurance, I bet you even get to go to the dentist and eye doctor, those of us on medicare sometimes can not even afford supplemental care insurance,  (and I am a prime example) and STILL DON'T GET TO GO TO THE DOCTOR.  You need to shut the hell up. Jesus! 

• Love 11
On 5/11/2019 at 11:44 AM, Cementhead said:

Whoopi kind of seems like a nightmare if you are on her good side. 

I have a friend that worked with her on Hollywood Squares behind the scenes.  For the most part she was not great to deal with but at times really showed her appreciation for the staff.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

What the hell are the "models" wearing on their feet? Shower caps? Are they investigating a crime scene? WTF?

Would anyone be surprised if The View turned into a crime scene one of these days?

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, falltime said:

I am all for comfort in fashion. But why would Whoopi, who has hundreds of fantastic designer shoes, make everyone wear crime scene, or we are that doctor's office, booties.  She should have had all those gals wearing her fantastic shoes.  #missedopportunity

• Love 8

It looks like they had to wear the bootees to keep the floor pristine but then forgot to take them off.  Or maybe Whoopi thought it would look edgy to keep them on.  Weird.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Looks like these fashions are top shelf!  The latest!  Desired by all ages. Everyone's clamoring.  Surely, Whoopi's successful and busy career (that she seems to love and prefer) as a fashion designer(see Whoopi Goldberg's Ugly Christmas Sweaters) can't leave much time for "The View" job she dreads, complains about, and brags that she shows up only for the money.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

Watched it again tonight, Whoopi was so good in Girl Interrupted. She disappears into her roles. Brittany Murphy also. Angelina, who was brilliant as Lisa, won an Oscar. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, suomi said:

Watched it again tonight, Whoopi was so good in Girl Interrupted. She disappears into her roles. Brittany Murphy also. Angelina, who was brilliant as Lisa, won an Oscar. 

The entire cast was fantastic in this movie! Angelia plays the sadistic bitch role so well. 😂

But yeah, Whoopi really did disappear into her roles. A few of my other Whoopi favorites are Corrina, Corrina and The Long Walk Home. I take issue with Whoopi for many reasons on The View, but during her heyday as an actress, she was on fire. There’s no denying that part of her legacy. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 11

"I just got back, and here's what I can tell you about my co-hosts: They all want the DUBGEE line, which I was happy about because there's a lot of different kinds of women, different-bodied women, and they all want the collection – not because it's mine but because they feel like they can rock it.”

Maybe just the sweaters.

• LOL 2
On 5/23/2019 at 3:12 PM, falltime said:

"I just got back, and here's what I can tell you about my co-hosts: They all want the DUBGEE line, which I was happy about because there's a lot of different kinds of women, different-bodied women, and they all want the collection – not because it's mine but because they feel like they can rock it.”

"They can rock it."  UGH.  Forgive my tangent, but I hate that "rock it" bullshit.  Along with "you got this," and "like a boss."  Since when did us grown ass women start to require these dumb words of inspiration to get through the day?  I would imagine that real-life Whoopi would not really talk like this and would also hate said stupid talk but has to play the part to peddle her crap. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 5/31/2019 at 12:26 PM, Cementhead said:

I would imagine that real-life Whoopi would not really talk like this and would also hate said stupid talk but has to play the part to peddle her crap. 

HUZZAH!!!   Nor would she wear the crap under any other circumstances.   Designer?  Harumph!

• Love 3
On 5/31/2019 at 12:14 PM, tinkerbell said:

The striped shirt is $188.

Sorry, I wouldn't pay $50 for it.

DUBGEE by WhoopiPlus Size Striped Button-Down Long-Sleeve Shirt with Side Button Detailing  $188.00  Free Shipping + Free Returns  Neiman Marcus

POLYESTER!!!  (And they tell us "it is HOT outside)

🚨The new DUBGEE styles have dropped @byashleystewart [1X-3X]
We are loving our Stretch Twill Skinny Pant in white, and our Striped Button Front Shirt today☝🏻
We don’t know about you, but it is HOT outside 🔥 and we need something breezy, bold and light to beat the heat! 
Let those beautiful arms breathe! 📸:@byashleystewart

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Was what Whoopi wore today (June 24) part of her "fashion" line or something she walked out of the hospital in?

Is there a difference?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 5/14/2019 at 11:40 PM, bannana said:

I am all for comfort in fashion. But why would Whoopi, who has hundreds of fantastic designer shoes, make everyone wear crime scene, or we are that doctor's office, booties.  She should have had all those gals wearing her fantastic shoes.  #missedopportunity

The white one looks like hospital gown and doctors nurses wear those paper shoes covers in the operating room. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, falltime said:

I love the Young Turks. But they do not understand Whoopi. Her entire angry rant about not blacklisting fellow performers was all about how she presumably was blacklisted about her "bushes" joke. It cost her her weight-loss commercial gig, and according to her, more. 

And maybe she is reacting about the backlash she got about the blackface Ted Danson thing.

Whoopi is all about her own self.

• Love 8
On 6/23/2019 at 6:10 PM, gatopretoNYC said:

I cannot tell you how excited I am for this to be made.  My fav SK book.  I even liked the miniseries back in the 90s as cheesy as it was.  I don't mind her being cast.  I just hope they get Flagg right this time.  The last guy was SOOOO wrong!

• Love 2

Whoopi continues to complain that she lost most of her livelihood for (7) years after being accused of saying something she did not.  Here's a July 2004 article from "The Guardian" that describes things...which is what I remember. Slim-Fast dropped her and other companies followed suit.

Slim-Fast has dropped Whoopi Goldberg from its advertising after the comedian made a sexual joke about George Bush. The Unilever-owned diet food brand acted after Goldberg made fun of the US president at a Democratic fundraiser at Radio City Music Hall in New York last week.

"We should keep Bush where he belongs," Goldberg said, gesturing at her genitals, "and not in the White House." Waving a bottle of wine, she fired off a stream of vulgar sexual wordplays on Bush's name in a riff about female genitalia, and boasted that she'd refused to let Team Kerry clear her material. 

"We are disappointed by the manner in which Ms Goldberg chose to express herself and sincerely regret that her recent remarks offended some of our consumers," said the Slim-Fast general manager, Terry Olson.

Goldberg accepted the company's decision but said she had criticized presidents of all persuasions. "While I can appreciate what the Slim-Fast people need to do in order to protect their business, I must also do what I need to do as an artist, as a writer and as an American, not to mention as a comic," she told the Bloomberg news wire.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, falltime said:

😆 Here is your chance to get some Dubgee by Whoopi. 70% off on amazon for the cocoon dress.

Thanks!  I have been looking for something that would make me look super wide!  Whoopi should have been designing years ago 🙄

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Whoopi continues to complain that she lost most of her livelihood for (7) years after being accused of saying something she did not. 

Yes, she says she didn't say what she clearly said and meant.  I get her being pissed off for losing work over it, but she needs to own that she made the joke that she made.

• Love 5