Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I like Trevor's auto tune. 

The 9/11 bill. Wow. Mitch McConnell. There are no words. Just another example why Congress is rated so low. Loved Roy Wood's take on it all and him suing Europe, the Caribbean and Africa. 

• Love 4

Mitch McConnell:  "I hate to blame Obama..."  <--- Joke of the night.  So pathetic.  Roy was great, and I laughed at him calling Trevor "Simba."

I cracked up at the Donald Trump "hero" stuff, especially Trevor's peppy "Thanks, Donald!" after "praising" Trump for "tricking the racists" out of hiding.

Trevor's plan to make Trump the president of Westworld was perfect.

• Love 5

Really McConnell?  Blaming Obama because your Congressmen and Congresswomen didn't do your fucking jobs and read the stupid bill and the research on it?  I bet you had lackeys watching that Obama interview for other nitpicks you could criticize later, but obviously they slept through the "America is gonna get sued" bit.

We already have an idea of what some people do when they can be annonymous.  They're called internet trolls and we see them a lot on message boards.

Edited by Hanahope
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Hanahope said:

Really McConnell?  Blaming Obama because your Congressmen and Congresswomen didn't do your fucking jobs and read the stupid bill and the research on it?  I bet you had lackeys watching that Obama interview for other nitpicks you could criticize later, but obviously they slept through the "America is gonna get sued" bit.

We already have an idea of what some people do when they can be annonymous.  They're called internet trolls and we see them a lot on message boards.

It absolutely floored me how stupid he sounded by trying to blame Obama.  I hope the voters realize how stupid he has now made himself and the rest of the over-riders, that they go around passing laws and overriding vetos without actually knowing the consequences for those laws.  HOW STUPID CAN YOU LOOK WHEN PASSING LAWS IS YOUR JOB?!

• Love 4

So Roy, Canada is cool by you? With the Underground Railroad and stuff?

Those two women at the MoZ. Hoal-lee-FUUUUCK!!!

22 minutes ago, HawaiiTVGuy said:

It absolutely floored me how stupid he sounded by trying to blame Obama.  I hope the voters realize how stupid he has now made himself and the rest of the over-riders, that they go around passing laws and overriding vetos without actually knowing the consequences for those laws.  HOW STUPID CAN YOU LOOK WHEN PASSING LAWS IS YOUR JOB?!

Actually, I think McConnell knows how the voters think. Which is why he constantly pulls shit like this and cockblocking Obama's Supreme Court picks.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Victor the Crab said:

So Roy, Canada is cool by you? With the Underground Railroad and stuff?

Those two women at the MoZ. Hoal-lee-FUUUUCK!!!

Actually, I think McConnell knows how the voters think. Which is why he constantly pulls shit like this and cockblocking Obama's Supreme Court picks.

Yeah...that is an unfortunate indictment of the voters.  Especially those in his district.

• Love 2

I was at Monday's taping. Stood in line for a few hours, sat for about an hour, walked to and from the train station, took time off work.  Went in wondering what Trevor would be like.  And he was amazing. Polite to a really odd audience question about politics, talked about the show before and during the breaks, thanked everyone for coming, a total class act. Was laughing so hard at times I missed the next comment. 

He went off script a few times ( I could see the teleprompter) and it was funnier. Marsden was charming and very handsome (hello Cyclops!!).  Totally recommend going if you ever get the chance.

• Love 20
9 hours ago, dbell1 said:

I was at Monday's taping. Stood in line for a few hours, sat for about an hour, walked to and from the train station, took time off work.  Went in wondering what Trevor would be like.  And he was amazing. Polite to a really odd audience question about politics, talked about the show before and during the breaks, thanked everyone for coming, a total class act. Was laughing so hard at times I missed the next comment. 

He went off script a few times ( I could see the teleprompter) and it was funnier. Marsden was charming and very handsome (hello Cyclops!!).  Totally recommend going if you ever get the chance.

Thanks for that info. I'm about 2 hours away by train. Sounds like a great day in NYC. 

• Love 2

It was totally worth the aching feet. Guests are pretty much a crapshoot, no clue who will be there when you order tickets. Found out it was Marsden a few days before.  He has a warm up comic, and did 1 pick up line after the show. Friends who was with me said Stewart did several retakes. And Lewis Black was hysterical. 

• Love 2

Just watched Tuesday's show. First, Trevor's rendition of "It Wasn't Me" brought me inexplicable levels of joy. Second, the "man on the street" segment was one of the most beautiful and pointed attacks on both the mainstream narrative on the VP race and the anti-intellectualism of current political discourse. Were Drumph to win, his VP would be the most powerful VP in American history, with total and explicit control of both foreign and domestic policy. Pence is as frightening, if not more, as Drumph himself.

• Love 9

Back again. Finally watched the show today and realized they cut part of the Marsden interview (a story about learning to ride a horse for Westworld). They also had Lewis Black do a piece on people not wanting to vote this year. And it wasn't on Monday's show, but it was on tonight. Really interesting to see it show up. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, dusang said:

Oh, another thing from Tuesday's show was Hasan's Aziz impression, which also gave me life. "Kanye!"

Yes, I loved his Aziz voice, since Hasan really has no accent. 

And I never realized Joe Biden could be so creepy. I just knew he had a potty mouth. Those video clips made him look like such a perv.

3 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Did you see the scary clown in the background as Trevor introduced the MOZ?

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT??????? I feel like Trevor, the audience and everyone in the building were murdered as soon as taping ended.  Do we need to send someone to check on them?  I'm legit waiting for a story about The Daily Show massacre now. 

• Love 1

Great show, I thought.  Cruz talking to Trump supporters and resignedly calling himself Lyin' Ted/agreeing that his dad killed Kennedy cracked me up.  I loved Trevor's point about extreme white privilege with the Samsung phones - for real.

I REALLY appreciated Ronny's evisceration of Fox News over that bullshit Chinatown piece.  That was just disgusting.  Thanks, Ronny - I needed that.

• Love 9

I had heard about The O'Reilly Show's Chinatown piece, but actually seeing it was jaw-dropping. I LOVE Ronny's followup going to Chinatown and talking in Chinese to articulate, informed people about the election. Well done.

I've heard about weird clown sitings somewhere in the US, so I'm sure that's what the show was doing at the end.

I really hope TDS mock Shepherd Smith for his comments to people about evacuating from  Hurricane Matthew. Trevor or Jordan would be perfect for that. 

I heard about the Chinatown piece from Fox News but didn't watch it until last night. Wow. I shouldn't be shock. It is Fox News but damn. Ronny's response was great. 

I'm sure Trevor is straight on about white privilege with the burning phone bit.  You just know the situation would have been completely different with a person of color.

And that Chinatown bit, omg.  Sometimes I just can't believe how 'white' Faux News is, and other times, yup, can completely believe it.  Seriously, that has got to be one of the most offensive reports I've ever seen.  Just when you think Faux News can't possibly be worse....

• Love 1

The show had a pretty good run overall this week.  There was lots to like with Lewis Black! and Jordan's depressing man on the street about people not knowing/caring who the VP candidates are despite the reality that one of these men is very soon going to be first runner up for commander in chief and we're all in for a very very bad time if that man is reactionary Mike Pence.  Ronny can be pretty hit or miss for me, but his response to the Fox Chinatown fuckery managed to be both magnificent and respectful.

One of the week's standouts for me was Trevor's commentary on the media twisting rhetoric to make the candidates seem even more incendiary than they already are.  I've been saying since HRC made the original basket of deplorables comments that context is everything when candidates speak in paragraphs and not 140 characters and it was even more true of her leaked comments about Sanders' supporters.  Reading her comments in full it becomes clear that she's actually pretty savvy about voters on both far ends of the political spectrum.  And as much as I personally despise the decorative hate squash (thanks, Lewis), I spent more time than I probably should this week trying to connect the dots between his publicized remarks and the media's breathless reporting that he was attacking veterans again.  This election is awful enough.  Don't ratchet it up and make it any worse.

• Love 6

I liked Desi's piece with the woman who made suggestive t-shirts...at the same time, it made me miss Jessica Williams. I know Jessica would have hit this segment out of the park. With Desi, I found the segment funny, but something about it felt incomplete. I can't quite figure out what it is. 

I also like Trevor's comment about the Samsung phone. Someone pulls a burning phone out of his pocket and throws it on the floor. And everyone around him says, "Are you okay?"

8 hours ago, Hanahope said:

And that Chinatown bit, omg.  Sometimes I just can't believe how 'white' Faux News is, and other times, yup, can completely believe it.  Seriously, that has got to be one of the most offensive reports I've ever seen.  Just when you think Faux News can't possibly be worse....

I loved Ronnie's outrage that the reporter asked the people in Chinatown if they knew karate (Japanese) and practiced it in a Tae Kwon Do studio (Korean). 

On 10/7/2016 at 2:55 PM, nodorothyparker said:

One of the week's standouts for me was Trevor's commentary on the media twisting rhetoric to make the candidates seem even more incendiary than they already are.  

I also enjoyed that piece, except the inclusion of the Guiliani remark. Yes, he did go on to say something other than "a woman" but there was a giant gaping pause in between, which certainly read to me like he was scrambling to come up with some additional thing to say beyond "woman". He put so much emphasis on the word woman too. It wasn't the straight "Trump, a man, other description" vs "Hilary, a woman, other description" Trevor described. There was more context to the statement that those criticizing him for it didn't seem to acknowledge, but this one just didn't fit (as least not as clearly) with the cropping of the movie analogy. The rest of the statements, they made absolutely great points about including the whole fucking statement before ripping someone to shreds. But for this one I think Guiliani deserved at least some criticism. If anything, he should be mocked for the delivery, the pause and the emphasis. He may have said more than just "woman" but the way he said it was clearly pandering to the people for whom saying "she's a woman!"....was enough to get them agreeing with him, and then the remainder of the sentence (as delivered) almost read like he only threw that in so people couldn't criticize him for basically just saying she's sucks because she's a woman, but they did anyway, because he delivered it so poorly that's how it came across.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 7

Very true.  I was so glad he addressed the bullshit "locker-room talk" thing and highlighted the difference between "sex talk" and "sexual assault talk."  The examples of one guy eloquently describing non-consensual sex and another coarsely resigning himself to no sex when the woman said no was really well done.  Also, his impression of Ben Carson doing tai chi was fantastic.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, angora said:

Very true.  I was so glad he addressed the bullshit "locker-room talk" thing and highlighted the difference between "sex talk" and "sexual assault talk." 

This.  was. excellent.  Trump goes on about how Bill Clinton said worse, but notably no examples have been shown.  

Sounded like people laughed each time Trump sniffed.  

You know every television, news and radio station are reviewing every interview or show that had trump to see if there's more.

• Love 6

The sniffing really gets me because he doesn't seem to have done that before. 

I like that Trevor brings something a little different to the issue even if it seems like common sense.  Because the perspective of talking crude self-hype in the locker room and bragging about sexually assaulting someone are not the same at all and seems to get a hand wave by a lot of the media. 

I did wonder if he would touch on how African Dictator the Inverted Orange Scrotum would once again rear its ugly mug with the promise of sending Clinton to jail.  The blend of sheer arrogance and willful ignorance on what the Office of President actually is is scary.  Not just because of what he could try to do, but how must waste and futility when he tries to do the shit that he simply will have to be told 'No' over and over again.  His vapidity is truly alarming.  And damaging already; consider what it looks like when you have a President who acts like a surly toddler with a loaded Pampers Pull Up going sour?  It would be like having Cheney for President again only this time without an ounce of the intellect (as stunted and myopic as that is).

I really loved how Trevor put it in perspective on the word pussy being the wrong focus and what the Inverted Orange Scrotum was actually saying.   How it was not the crudity that was, is and should be the focus.  Also adored Trevor slamming the fact that if you take this so called "locker room talk" outside the locker room and essentially put it everywhere in your life, it simply is the definition of you.  Looking forward to tonight's show immensely.

• Love 10

If you haven't seen the news yet, there is a new forum over in the Off Topic area to discuss News & Politics. You know when a mod note goes up to say, "Keep it to the show, please"? Well, you can now go over there and continue your off topic political discussion.

Be sure to read the pinned mod topic in there; the usual rules of civility and respect for your fellow posters remain in effect. Do not cross those lines, please.

Thank you!

• Love 3
18 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

The sniffing really gets me because he doesn't seem to have done that before. 

I read an article where the opinion is that the sniffing isn't a breathing issue, but the manifestation of Trump's anxiety of being on the debate stage alone with Hillary, knowing (1) how serious it really is, the debate for presidency and (2) that his only opponent is a smart woman who wants absolutely nothing to do with him and thinks he's dirt on her shoe.

• Love 3

He is such a creature stuck in his 80s glory days thought it would not surprise me if he really did a couple of hits of coke before the debates.  Everyone who has interviewed him from way back to the present has remarked on how he has a limited attention span and can only talk for more than five minutes on a subject unless it is about how great he is.  I can not only see him thinking a hit of something would give him the jolt to focus but it could be combined with the nervous quirk than coming through.  

I saw somewhere else that someone was theorizing that they gave him some kind of nose spray a couple of hours before because there has been a myth about how it reduces the nasal qualities to one's voice for a short time.  The fun fact is that Sarah Palin was said to be a fan of this trick and some think that in combination with other medication, an antihistamine nose spray would explain some of her rambling seemingly drunken appearances. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

I read an article where the opinion is that the sniffing isn't a breathing issue, but the manifestation of Trump's anxiety of being on the debate stage alone with Hillary, knowing (1) how serious it really is, the debate for presidency and (2) that his only opponent is a smart woman who wants absolutely nothing to do with him and thinks he's dirt on her shoe.

That's interesting. Yes, he sniffed in both debates, but he never does anywhere else that we've seen. I guess it's possible that Trump really does have some fear within himself, obviously repressed so that it comes out in some kind of tic.

'Groper Cleveland' made me laugh. I don't know if anyone came up with that name before.

I read a tweet that mentioned Ken Bone, but I was unaware of his popularity. Trevor's love of him was pretty cute. I loved when he said, "He's so fluffy!" Great line from Despicable Me which I've used occasionally.

Trevor mentioned Lincoln, so that gives me the excuse to bring up Trump saying this at the debate: "... the late, great Abraham Lincoln." WHAT? Even the audience there chuckled. I'm sure Trump wasn't trying to be funny. He was, huh, dead serious. Nobody talks like that. 

I didn't listen too much to Charlemagne Da God -- Did I get that right? -- Don't know if I missed anything good.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I read a tweet that mentioned Ken Bone, but I was unaware of his popularity

So seriously, how much of that is just men giggling over someone whose name is "bone".  I mean come on.  His question wasn't all that different from the rest, nor does he look all that different. I meen sheesh, its like junior high school again.

Edited by Hanahope
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

So seriously, how much of that is just men giggling over someone who's name is "bone".

While funny in a juvenile way, I don't think that is it.  Ken Bone has genuinely caught our collective attention and in a positive way.  I've heard him mentioned on several shows now.

• Love 1

I do hope Trevor was being sarcastic in his "love" for Ken Bone. If, after having a front row seat and witnessing a repulsive figure stalk a woman half his size, threaten to throw her in jail for no reason other than to satisfy his radioactive ego, and obnoxiously interrupt and talk over everyone every chance he gets, you still can't figure out who to vote for president, then maybe it's best that you stay home on election night. Better safe than sorry. This fascination with this little red sweater guy is why we have Drumph as a major candidate for U.S. president in the first place.

The whole segment with Michelle Wolf seemed rather disjointed. Perhaps there were moments there that didn't work out as well as they had hoped.

Aside from that, I loved Trevor's fire at the whole ugliness of Drumph the last two nights that's just now starting to bite him on his bulbous orange ass. Trevor is becoming more and more assertive in his hosting duties as the weeks go on.

• Love 12

Tonight's "Judge Roy" segment was ok-ish, but mainly it made me really nostalgic for Mike Yard and Rory Albanese. 

Also adding a belated love-note for Ronnie's China Town piece.   I really cringed at Ronnie's first couple appearances on TDS, but lately every segment he's done has been better than the previous one. I'm glad Comedy Central gave him more of a chance to grow into his role than I would have.

• Love 3