Type keyword(s) to search

Grimm Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

SimoneS

(edited)

If TPTB have a different definition of "major characters" and include Kelly or Trubel in it, that might change things.

Please, not Trubel..... She is a valuable addition.... and I really like her....

Edited by Syme
  • Love 2
(edited)

Please, not Trubel..... She is a valuable addition.... and I really like her....

I don't think they'd kill off Trubel.  I'm not a fan of the character, mostly because I don't feel that she fits into the show, but I just can't see them killing of an ingenue-ish character.  Kelly, however, might be a different story.  She really hasn't brought anything other than trouble to Nick--first she lets him think she is dead for 18 years, then she shows up and gets him thrown into the shadow of suspicion of four murders (the two FBI agents, the mauvais dentes, and Adalind's mother), then when she shows up again, she brings ADALIND and involves everyone in what is essentially a kidnapping plot that leads to swticheroo sex, powers being taken away, powers endowed, and general chaos.  She's been nothing but a liability to Nick.

She is not, however, a "major" character, so I don't think she's the one who is going meet their maker.  The way I figure it:

SAFE - Nick, Monroe, Rosalee

PROBABLY SAFE - Renard and Juliette

QUESTIONABLE - Wu

LIKELY - Adalind or Hank

But, hey, we'll have to see where the chips fall....

Edited by OtterMommy

The spoiler hints just keep getting worse and worse:

http://tvline.com/2015/03/10/empire-season-2-spoilers-lucious-cookie/

If these hints they've been putting out lead to what they sound like they might leading to (which, to be fair, may not,..) then this will be the most rapid descent down the toilet bowl I've ever seen in a show.

Does this mean we are going to be putting up with yet another love triangle? IMO, at least you can hand wave the first attempt away, because at least they were under a spell but this is just so far fetch. 

Does this mean we are going to be putting up with yet another love triangle? IMO, at least you can hand wave the first attempt away, because at least they were under a spell but this is just so far fetch. 

It almost sounds like they are trying to remake the less desirable parts of the 2nd season....Juliette and Renard, breaking up Juliette and Nick, introducing more Royals, another Adalind baby.  Have they completely run out of ideas that they have to go back to some of their worst ones in the past?

• Love 2

I had read somewhere that they might break up Juliette/Nick permanently, and considering Juliette's new "status," and Nick's less-than-enthusiastic response, it could send her into the arms of someone far more accepting. 

Here it says Juliette could be the new villain:

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/grimm-season-4-spoilers-what-will-be-juliettes-bad-luck-episode-14-624101

And here Bitsie hints their breakup could be permanent:

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/grimm-season-4-spoilers-bad-luck-predominates-will-nick-juliette-call-it-quits-episode-14-625042

Those 2 spoilers I might take with a grain of salt because the cast just got their scripts for 420 a few days ago (and, as far as I can know, have not yet received the 421 and 422 scripts) so the cast would only have been able to make guesses on what was happening to the characters when those articles came out..

An unusually fun link...some spoilers here, probably nothing that hasn't been mentioned before, but I thought this was the best forum for this.

The stuff about the cast is pretty interesting (and there may possibly one mild hint about who might meet their maker this season, if I'm reading this right).  I especially loved this quote from Sasha Roiz:

"Don't bring logic into this," Roiz jokes. "Otherwise, the whole thing will unravel."

http://www.oregonlive.com/movies/2015/03/grimm_on_the_set_in_portland_t.html

I hope all the relationship BS isn't be true. One of the things I like about Grimm is that Nick and Juliette were already together when the show started, so no "Will They or Won't They" BS. I don't think I can handle it if they break up, and we get a bunch of irritating storylines about when they will be back together.

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 6

I hope all the relationship BS isn't be true. One of the things I like about Grimm is that Nick and Juliette were already together when the show started, so no "Will They or Won't They" BS. I don't think I can handle it if they break up, and we get a bunch of irritating storylines about when they will they will be back together.

I'm with you on this.  They say that happiness doesn't make for good TV, which I would agree with if this were a different kind of show--something like, say, Parenthood.  But this is about a guy who can see monsters, not about a guy and his on-again, off-again girlfriend.  I'm not saying that Juliette is superfluous and I think there have been and are ways to incorporate her more fully into the story without disrupting the what this show essentially is--or, at least, what it once was.  If it were up to me (and, let's face it, it isn't...) I'd clean up this Nick and Juliette thing as quickly as possible and get back to the format that works for them, a Wesen of the Week and a slow-moving, longer-term arc that can continue behind the main weekly plot.

• Love 6

My wish/hope/dream is that Hexenbiest Juliette finally hooks up with Hexenbiest Renard and they finally get to be the power couple I always imagined them to be.  Hexenbiest Juliette is as powerful or almost as powerful as Renard's mother.  That makes Juliette a worthy partner for Renard, so Adallind saw something in that spell she cast that she didn't realize or the law of unintended consequences.  

Yes, I'm having some fanfic want-dreams, lol.  

Should disclose I am in Portland and I actually spent most of the day Thursday in the Pearl where Grimm films a lot of their stuff.  Talked to someone in the local grocery who admitted that the production crew comes there a lot for coffee.  Oh, damn, I had fun even being secondary secondary of this damn show.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity

I think Juliette is way better and more interesting with Renard than Nick, so if she has to stay and attempt to emote, I'd rather there be at least some heat. Because with Nick it's like she's his sister. So weird they're a RL couple, because onscreen it's a sedative.

To be fair- and I'm not picking on you with this- sometimes the healthiest relationships are externally boring for good reason.  Good lives don't always make for good TV, so the two of them could be wonderfully happy together even/especially if real-life Bitsie is as milquetoast as Juliette.  Maybe I'm showing my age, but the days when chaos and tempestuousness were attractive in a relationship are loooong gone. Give me quiet, reliable, and trustworthy any day.  :)

That said... I'd rather they just write her off the show than rework her into some kind of villain, as much as real-world relationships might interfere.  People don't just become evil, or start doing things they would viscerally recoil against.  I mean, I couldn't kill someone, I know that about myself; maybe in self-defense, but I'm sure my immediate reaction after would be complete shock and horror.  Juliette isn't a sociopath, so the idea that she would turn to a "dark" side seems absurd.  They'd be doubling down on their existing Renard problem: we're supposed to forget he's an evil bastard in season 1 who has had people killed solely for expediency in his foggy revolutionary machinations.  Having Juliette start being a villain just compounds the confusion of "So... we're supposed to hate on these people we see each week who interact with and support our protagonists?".

But eh, who am I kidding.  If the MotW plots are tidy, I guess I wouldn't care too much to keep getting the mild distraction of "Grimm", since I don't really care about Juliette anyway.

Edited by hincandenza
  • Love 2

One thing I'm looking forward to a bit is Nick getting to suck on the sticky of "my lover is now supernatural."  I like the idea of Juliette having to go out and do dangerous things that Nick can only help her with in a tangential way.  I like the idea of him getting a taste of what Juliette's had to deal with for the past few years. 

• Love 1

I guess I'm alone here on this, but I don't necessarily find Juliette boring.  There have been times when, yes, she's dull as dishwater, but that is almost always because of the writing (I should probably pay closer attention to who is writing each episode).  I think, on the whole, the writers just don't know what to do with her and they have really only come up with two ideas: 1 - Give her a year with amnesia, topped with a dose of bizarre obsession and 2 - Turn her into a witch.  Frankly, I hope they reverse #2 because I don't have much confidence in the writers at this point and I think it will quickly spin out of their control.

On the flip side, however, there have been times when Juliette was interesting and was well-utilized as sort of a grounding rod for Nick.  Unfortunately, these times have been few and far between.

As for Bitsie Tulloch, I've seen her do quite well in other things, so I know she can act.  I just think she's been given crap on Grimm.  

I did see that they recently promoted two people to staff writers, at least one of whom is a woman.  I could be wrong, but I don't think there were, before that, any women on the writing staff and that could be a problem.  I mean, even Rosalee was dull if she wasn't actively trying to save the Wesen world.

Okay, just to correct myself there...I went to the IMDB page it looks like there have been 7 female writers on the staff, but only one wrote more than 3 episodes and most of those women were actually "assistant" writers.

• Love 1

Those are some tantalizing hints from Giuntoli, for sure.  I just hope the writers don't make the Nick/Juliette relationship the main storyline for the next five episodes.  And, I hope they don't kill this show by going all soap opera drama like the Sleepy Hollow writers did to that show.  I like the idea of Monroe and Rosalee going undercover to solve a case.  Best of all, I love knowing that Teresa and Kelly are coming back, especially Kelly!  It would be cool to see Mastrantonio stick around awhile.  It would be even better if Kelly dropped off Adalind's baby somewhere and we don't have to see the baby mama drama occupy very much time going into the finale.

Those are some tantalizing hints from Giuntoli, for sure.  I just hope the writers don't make the Nick/Juliette relationship the main storyline for the next five episodes.  And, I hope they don't kill this show by going all soap opera drama like the Sleepy Hollow writers did to that show.  I like the idea of Monroe and Rosalee going undercover to solve a case.  Best of all, I love knowing that Teresa and Kelly are coming back, especially Kelly!  It would be cool to see Mastrantonio stick around awhile.  It would be even better if Kelly dropped off Adalind's baby somewhere and we don't have to see the baby mama drama occupy very much time going into the finale.

I would love if Kelly hid the baby somewhere never to be found.  That plot has been a mess since Adalind told Renard he could use her to "take the edge off" his obsession with Juliette.  I feel dirty just typing that.

I will say this...I am NOT happy about hearing that they are cutting a foot off a live rabbit.  You can do whatever you want to Wesen, but please leave the actual animals alone!

I got the impression they're cutting the foot off a live human.  Bunnies are wanting good luck, I guess.

Actually, judging from the second sneak peak, it sounds like a Bunny Wesen.  Still cruel but at least it wasn't an actual fluffy little bunny.

• Love 1

Claire Coffee posted some sort of spoiler-ish instagrams (https://instagram.com/clairecoffee/) .  One was during filming and it was obviously at a funeral (they were putting a coffin in a grave).  The second was taken during a break in shooting and it had Bree Turner and Sasha Roiz eating granola (cuz, you know...it's Portland).  I don't think the granola is especially notable....BUT if this is around the supposed death, I guess we can assume that Rosalee, Renard, and Adalind are not in the coffin...

On a side note, Claire Coffee's instagram is rather entertaining (as is Sasha Roiz's), if you're into that kind of thing...

Edited by OtterMommy

Claire Coffee posted some sort of spoiler-ish instagrams (https://instagram.com/clairecoffee/) .  One was during filming and it was obviously at a funeral (they were putting a coffin in a grave.  The second was taken during a break in shooting and it had Bree Turner and Sasha Roiz eating granola (cuz, you know...it's Portland).  I don't think the granola is especially notable....BUT if this is around the supposed death, I guess we can assume that Rosalee, Renard, and Adalind are not in the coffin...

On a side note, Claire Coffee's instagram is rather entertaining (as is Sasha Roiz's), if you're into that kind of thing...

Are those pallbearers in costume? If so, I would guess it's Budd that is in the coffin.

Are those pallbearers in costume? If so, I would guess it's Budd that is in the coffin.

No, I think that is the film crew.

I think my heart would shatter if Bud dies.  I wouldn't call him a major character--although he's probably the only character that they consistently use appropriately--but he's just too sweet.

• Love 3

Another interview with Claire Coffee. Enough hints that make it spoilery.

Ugh...great.  She doesn't deliver until next season--which means Adalind will still be around next season.  Damn...I was hoping we'd be done with her.

However, reading this makes me suspect that she's pregnant with Nick and Juliette's child (from when Juliette took the polyjuice potion) which, you know, doesn't actually make it better.

Meh, I like Adalind better than Juliette so I'm fine with her back next season. So tired of the baby story though. If someone needs to have a baby why can't it be Rosalie, at least both of them would probably be thrilled.

• Love 3

So, I was rethinking this supposed death coming up and now I'm thinking it might be Kelly--the actress is booked on another show, so that could be it.  It also feeds into the current plots with the royals trying to find her.  She wouldn't be my first choice, but I would be okay about it.

Then I started thinking about a picture that was posted recently of Nick, Monroe, Rosalee, Adalind, maybe Hank, and Bud at a table--obviously a shot from either the last or second to last episode and I had a terrible thought.  What if Bud goes out in a blaze of misplaced courage? I honestly don't think I could take that...he's such a great character that they use just enough to be able to pull him out when needed but not so much that his character becomes schticky.  Ugh..please don't let it be Bud!

• Love 1

No way, please  not Bud.  I like him so much.  Has he even been around since the Wesenrein horror ended?  For me he's under-utilized.  I would rather it be Kelly since she is out of the picture for extremely long periods of time. 

• Love 1

So, I was rethinking this supposed death coming up and now I'm thinking it might be Kelly--the actress is booked on another show, so that could be it.  It also feeds into the current plots with the royals trying to find her.  She wouldn't be my first choice, but I would be okay about it.

Then I started thinking about a picture that was posted recently of Nick, Monroe, Rosalee, Adalind, maybe Hank, and Bud at a table--obviously a shot from either the last or second to last episode and I had a terrible thought.  What if Bud goes out in a blaze of misplaced courage? I honestly don't think I could take that...he's such a great character that they use just enough to be able to pull him out when needed but not so much that his character becomes schticky.  Ugh..please don't let it be Bud!

In my opinion, it could be Budd or Kelly. I honestly won't mind if Kelly does kick the bucket but if Budd dies I hope that he will go down not in a futile moment of saving them but in a flame of glory and all that is awesome. 

• Love 1

So, I was rethinking this supposed death coming up and now I'm thinking it might be Kelly--the actress is booked on another show, so that could be it.  It also feeds into the current plots with the royals trying to find her.  She wouldn't be my first choice, but I would be okay about it.

If it means Adalind gets her baby back and disappears into the Wesen version of the witness protection program, never to be seen again, I'm totally ok with that. 

• Love 6
I don't want them to kill off Kelly. She's Nick's only living relative and he's had too much angst in his life already. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal that Trubel is actually Nick's sister. Too obvious?

I'm already sick to death of the BS drama between Nick and Juliette right now. A new family dynamic might be what this show needs.

• Love 2

I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal that Trubel is actually Nick's sister. Too obvious?

I'm already sick to death of the BS drama between Nick and Juliette right now. A new family dynamic might be what this show needs.

I really don't want Trubel to be a close relative of Nick. Personally, I like the idea that Grimms are either, descendants of some ancient lineage that goes back thousands and thousands of years and/or having different families are Grimms, but the are not related. Yes, I understand that the first option does kind of make Trubel and Nick relatives but they will be relatives in that their common ancestor was present during the reign of the Pharaohs or Julius Caesar. 

Or maybe they can explain that when two different Wesen have a child, there is a possibility that the child may become of a Grimm through some kind of magic? I feel that in this way, we can kill two birds with one stone by explaining why having two different Wesen marry is so taboo (it creates the one thing that they all hate/fear the most) and also how a Grimm line could be born.

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1

So given the spoilers we have, we know that:

• Someone is going to die
  • Adalind is going to go to Nick with news about her pregancy
  • Adalind somehow works with Nick and Rosalee (and possible Monroe and Bud) to find a "cure" for Juliette.

Here is what I think will happen....

• Juliette will ally herself with Kenneth to bring Kelly back into the picture.  Kelly does come back and is killed, either by Juliette or by Kenneth with Juliette doing nothing to stop it.  This will be the "thing" that makes Nick go dark
  • I don't think Trubel will show up until the end of the season finale, but that would be to build a role for her in season 5 (which, personally, I do not think is a good idea.  She's fine as an occasional character, but her presence sort of muddies the show up.  If they are that confident in the character and actress, I'd rather they just spin her off than add her in here).
  • Diana will be taken by the royals, causing more "WHERE'S MY BABY???" screaming from Adalind
  • Renard will "die" but Juliette will bring out the double headed snake  (man, that sounds dirty) to save him.
  • A "cure" for Juliette will be found, but she will refuse to take it.

What I hope does NOT happen:

• Any harm to Bud
  • The writers try to make Adalind into a benevolent character.  Frankly, THAT will probably make me turn off this show.  And, if they try to force a romance between Nick and Adalind, I am switching off instantly.
  • The writers try to bring Nick and Juliette back together.  They've already gone too far down the hexenbiest road to make this happen.
Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 3

If Nick and Juliette are permanently split, and she is a baddie and he is dark as a result of Kelly dying, ugh, next season will be maybe unwatchable.  Especially if he has to be in daddy mode while simultaneously being in mourning.  Maybe Trubel will be needed to lift him up and protect the Hexengrimm baby.  Maybe she can move in the house with Nick, and the two of them can do a massive redecoration to remove all vestiges of Juliette. 

• Love 1

If Nick and Juliette are permanently split, and she is a baddie and he is dark as a result of Kelly dying, ugh, next season will be maybe unwatchable.  Especially if he has to be in daddy mode while simultaneously being in mourning.  Maybe Trubel will be needed to lift him up and protect the Hexengrimm baby.  Maybe she can move in the house with Nick, and the two of them can do a massive redecoration to remove all vestiges of Juliette. 

I'm still hoping that a lightning bolt of common sense and intelligence hits the writer's room within the next month or so and they do something to solve this stupid baby mess.  This is truly the most ridiculous thing they could have done.  Perhaps it will come out that a combo of the polyjuice potion and Adalind's sexytimes with Renard the day before her encounter with Nick would make Renard the father (which is just as possible as Nick being the father) and Juliette the mother and the three of them (Renard, Adalind, and Juliette) set up some truly awkward 3's Company thing and let Nick get back to just being a Grimm.

• Love 1

I want the baby mess solved/erased, too.  I don't know if Juliette can be the mother though since we saw that she was out getting her hair done at the time of the deed, so I don't get how her DNA can be involved.  I guess it would be cleanest if the baby is Renard and Adalind's and that can be his problem, or blessing, since I seem to remember him getting a little wistful while writing Diana's name on a cocktail napkin or something.

I saw a promo for tonight where the narration referred to Juliette as Nick's true love, and I know those promos are dreamed up by the network and can be misdirection, but it got me thinking that maybe the writers will get the two back together. 

I can't help it, I'm hoping desperately that Juliette is the one to die.

I empathize, but I would be shocked if it happened.  At this point, I'm putting my money on Kelly. But I still wish for Adalind, if only because it would stop this stupid baby plot.

Next week, though....we get BABY DRAMA!  Ugh!  Where the eff did they get the idiots writing this crap? Seriously. For a show that supposedly "listens to its fans," I find it ironic that, when they hear that people are sick of Adalind and her baby, THEY GIVE HER ANOTHER BABY!  What bothers me most about this is:

1. It is starting to look like they are trying to make Adalind a "good" character.  Nope...I can't see anyone really buying that.  It is far easier, at least for me, to see Juliette becoming evil than Adalind deciding to become a decent human being, er, hexenbiest.
  2. Adalind raped Nick....and now we are expected to think that he's going to take her under his wing?  I find that horribly offensive--and probably the worst thing I've seen on this show.
  • Love 3

Episode 21 Synopsis

"HEADACHE"

05/08/2015 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Friday) : THE MANHUNT CONTINUES FOR A VICIOUS SERIAL KILLER - JACQUELINE TOBONI RETURNS AS 'TRUBEL' - While investigating a grisly murder, Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) get closer to uncovering the identity of the serial killer while Wu's (Reggie Lee) life is put in grave danger. Having turned down Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee's (Bree Turner) offer, Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch) solidifies a new alliance as she works to get her revenge. Elsewhere, Trubel (guest star Jacqueline Toboni) makes a surprising return to Portland. Sasha Roiz and Claire Coffee also star. Nico Evers-Swinderll guest stars.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/nbc-primetime-schedule-sunday-may-3.html

http://www.tvguide.com/galleries/must-watch-tv-finales-2015/photo/bac344e5-4698-4196-b551-be9a8e64e34f/

More detailed spoilers!

Now they're saying two deaths? My guess is one major person and a minor/guest character.  Okay, I'm going to sound like a really horrible person here--I would never,ever say anything like this except in this case--but maybe the two deaths are Adalind and her unborn baby?

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1

Well, now we know that Wu's life is in grave danger and Monroe and Renard both get shot.  I'll guess they all survive, and my money is still on Kelly to bite it and probably a guest character as OtterMommy said.  Though I would rather see Adalind and/or Juliette depart. 

Well, now we know that Wu's life is in grave danger and Monroe and Renard both get shot.  I'll guess they all survive, and my money is still on Kelly to bite it and probably a guest character as OtterMommy said.  Though I would rather see Adalind and/or Juliette depart. 

And according to this, Renard getting shot isn't even a spoiler as they are planning to do it at the end of every season from now on.  Yeesh!

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1