Type keyword(s) to search

Previews and Spoilers: Crazy Speculation

Episode 4.14 description:

I'm Finding My Bliss

CHERI OTERI GUEST STARS — Rebecca (Rachel Bloom) tries out for the local community theater, while Paula (Donna Lynne Champlin) is courted by various law firms. Skylar Astin, Vincent Rodriguez III, Scott Michael Foster, Pete Gardner, Vella Lovell and Gabrielle Ruiz also star.

Elisabeth Kiernan Averick and Michael Hitchcock wrote the episode, directed by Kabir Akhtar (#414). Original airdate 3/15/2019.

• Love 1

4.15 description:

"I Need to Find My Frenemy"

THE RETURN OF AUDRA - Rebecca (Rachel Bloom) gets a call to help her old nemesis (guest star Rachel Grate) out of a complicated situation. Meanwhile, Nathaniel (Scott Michael Foster), Josh (Vincent Rodriguez III) and Greg (Skylar Astin) attempt to deal with their competing feelings for Rebecca. Pete Gardner, Vella Lovell and Gabrielle Ruiz also star.

Alden Derck and Aline Brosh McKenna wrote the episode, directed by Stuart McDonald (#415). Original airdate 3/22/2019.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Trini said:

Meanwhile, Nathaniel, Josh and Greg attempt to deal with their competing feelings for Rebecca.

Ugh. Kill me now.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I didn't know if this warranted its own thread, but a documentary of the making of the series finale was released on CW Seed last night. 

I haven't gotten to watch it yet, but Aline Brosh McKenna warns that it's "quite spoilery."

“It’s quite spoilery. I would say it’s like an eight out of 10 on spoilers. But it’s a question of what your appetite for spoilers is. You’ll know once you watch it what the last song of the show is, because you’ll see the process of making that last song. There’s a puzzle you can put together almost, in terms of the little bits and bobs that are in the documentary, but it’s not going to spoil the end.”

https://news.avclub.com/crazy-ex-girlfriend-begins-its-victory-lap-with-this-ex-1833678469

It doesn't sound like it gives away who Rebecca picks, but keep in mind that there may be some hints if you decide to watch it prior to the finale. The doc is available to watch at this link: https://www.cwseed.com/shows/crazy-ex-girlfriend-omg/cxg-oh-my-god-i-think-its-over/?play=0a0f8b39-0805-4066-9890-ef9d054c3146

• Useful 1

How much of the 2 hour finale will be wrapping up the plot and how much will be concert? 1 hour of each? I'm trying to guess how much plot they are going to try to cover in the finale.

The storylines of Heather & Hector and Daryl/whatever Mindy St Clair is called here/White Josh don't seem to need any direct attention, so I expect anything they do to be in the service of Rebecca and/or Paula.

Valencia hasn't proposed to Beth since her epiphany, so it seems likely that that may get wrapped up.

Paula doesn't have much outstanding other than fixing the potluck organization problem. In my dreams we would get some kind of resolution to Rebecca's relationship to Naomi that showed Rebecca having appropriate boundaries that allowed some contact and involved Paula's support, but since Rebecca hasn't yet identified what bliss she wants to follow (either romantic or career), I am afraid there is no time for that and I am left with the assumption that Rebecca cut Naomi out of her life completely after the Elayne Boosler incident.

There was a point where I imagined that Rebecca would address her original Robert arson issue in some way but at this point it wouldn't be possible to do it justice.

I was disappointed that we didn't see Rebecca more involved with the women she was supposed to be helping in prison. Don't know if there is any time to go there in the finale. There was a point where I thought we would get to see them working on staging CATS, but it's been ignored for so long I would be surprised to get back to it now (unless writing/directing musicals turns out to be her bliss).

If Rebecca is going to reject one or more of her suitors, how much time do we need to address their disappointment/jealousy/relief?

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

How much of the 2 hour finale will be wrapping up the plot and how much will be concert? 1 hour of each? I'm trying to guess how much plot they are going to try to cover in the finale.

The last episode and the concert special (airing right after) are two separate things. So 1 hour.

On 3/30/2019 at 5:25 PM, atomic said:

I didn't know if this warranted its own thread, but a documentary of the making of the series finale was released on CW Seed last night. 

I haven't gotten to watch it yet, but Aline Brosh McKenna warns that it's "quite spoilery."

It doesn't sound like it gives away who Rebecca picks, but keep in mind that there may be some hints if you decide to watch it prior to the finale. The doc is available to watch at this link: https://www.cwseed.com/shows/crazy-ex-girlfriend-omg/cxg-oh-my-god-i-think-its-over/?play=0a0f8b39-0805-4066-9890-ef9d054c3146

Does anyone know if this is available enywhere else? This is only available im the US and I'm not there. 

So pictures have been released and they're kind of....spoilery maybe?  In one she's pregnant.  I guess that could be a fantasy. In another she's wearing a wedding dress.  She has serious pictures with both Greg and Nathaniel and it looks like Josh has set up a romantic event.

• Love 2

Am I misremembering or does Nathaniel's place have those exposed brick walls? It fells like Dr Akopian guides her through her possible futures with each of the guys or something. 

• Love 1