Type keyword(s) to search

Wishful Thinking

honeydo7
  • Start Topic

Since their tv sons are now teenagers, I'd love to see Danny's reaction when his wife tells him, baby #3 is on the way & it's going to be a girl.  Sure would liven up those family dinner scenes.

• Love 2

Aside from hating the trope of adding a baby into the mix, they already have enough financial problems as it is and still send their kids to a private school. I don't need a season of them griping about what to do.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, kwnyc said:

It's a hard life, being a girl Reagan. Second-class citizens in the First Family of cops.

I'm not so sure that the girls are automatically second class citizens. Jamie is often treated as a second class citizen when he acknowledges reality and the existence of Constitutional rights even when they are inconvenient for cops. And Frank treats Garrett the same way for the same things. It's not just Erin. And Nikki is just annoying to everyone Reagan or not.

• Love 9

I'd like to see Baker get a story some time. She must be capable of more than just opening the door to say "XX is here to see you, Commissioner."

I'm 100% behind that one. She's a detective, for heaven's sake! She must be bored out of her mind playing traffic cop for the Commish. And while they throw a couple women Frank's way every season, she has the best chemistry with him. 

• Love 3
On 10/8/2016 at 2:13 AM, torqy said:

I'd like to see Baker get a story some time. She must be capable of more than just opening the door to say "XX is here to see you, Commissioner."

Any time Baker does anything OUTSIDE of saying that, I rejoice.  The episode where she, Garrett and Gormley were trying to get their boss a bday gift, I cheesed up.  The episode where she SOLVED a case?  I felt like spiking a damn football.

Come on show. Give the woman something to do!

I would personally like to see a bit more of same-sex relationship. Perferbly with Jamie, Erin and Nicky

This is the oldest skewing show on broadcast TV, and seems to be a bit more popular with Republicans.  It would be a safe bet to say that it will never happen.

• Love 2
On 2/6/2017 at 7:11 PM, Joan Firewood said:

I would personally like to see a bit more of same-sex relationship.

I always thought it would be great to see a storyline involving one of Danny's sons and a gay student. Not a romantic relationship, but a friendship that involves some of the boys teasing Jack or Sean.  

• Love 2
On March 19, 2017 at 2:31 AM, Lillybee said:

I would love to see it if Jamie decided to become a public defender if only to mess with his family. Imagine the drama.

It would be great to see an episode where Nikki shadows a public defender for a day or two as part of a class assignment. She did not get to pick the role she would be shadowing for a day, but she's not upset with it. The episode would include some time in a courtroom, where Nikki sees the public defender up against Erin.    

I always kind of thought Danny was a big of a sexist. Not letting his two female partners take the wheel. Really the guy thinks he is full of himself. Kind of reminds me of McGarrett from Five 0. Control issues. At least Steve M is not a sexist. Give him credit for that.

But wonder why Jamie is not a detective with his education, he could be hands down. But still may like patrol.

• Love 2
On June 7, 2017 at 8:19 PM, Passepartout said:

But wonder why Jamie is not a detective with his education, he could be hands down. But still may like patrol.

The writers seem to be unsure of whether or not they want to promote Jamie or not. They like having three levels of police work represented (the commissioner, the detective, and the patrol officer). The in universe explanation is Jamie is unsure of what he wants. Some weeks Jamie would like to move up through the ranks and other weeks Jamie loves being where he is. 

Wishful thinking:

That Tom Selleck's acting repertoire consisted of more than:

1.  The Gaze.  Short downward and long distance gazing.  That about covers it.

2.  Mouth Munching.

3.  The everpresent coffee cup for sipping when The Gaze or Mouth Munching don't suffice.

• Love 1
On 8/16/2017 at 1:02 AM, vast wasteland said:

Wishful thinking:

That Tom Selleck's acting repertoire consisted of more than:

1.  The Gaze.  Short downward and long distance gazing.  That about covers it.

2.  Mouth Munching.

3.  The everpresent coffee cup for sipping when The Gaze or Mouth Munching don't suffice.

You forgot the Heavy Sigh

• Love 3

That too!

And still don't understand why Danny and his wife are the only ones with the heavy Brooklyn accents.  Is it a comment on higher education creating accent-less diction?  Or that Danny is "street," and they convey that with his accent so we, the viewing public, don't miss the heavy handed over obvious stereotype?

I unfortunately started watching this series in error, and just as unfortunately, my completist nature has taken over and insisted I watch all available episodes?.    Haha, just read the correct term on another thread:  "hate watching."

Honestly, there is not a character I don't rail against.  

And are there no genes in common in this family except a self righteous law enforcement gene?  If I had to guess I would say Tom Selleck's character adopted all his kids, talk about no family physical traits.  Has ever a family ever been so infatuated with itself?  Does the divide between Erin and the rest of the family have to be so insultingly defined as liberal versus, well, versus this self righteous, white privileged, friendless, laws are for the other people clan?  Do these these people truly solve every single crime in New York City?  Will anybody ever hold Danny responsible for his chauvinistic overbearing, bullying ways, especially that dotty doting wife of his?   Doesn't anyone worry about the impact on his sons views about women?  Will the family ever have a gay, black, transgender, Buddhist character?   Is Jamie gay?  If not, why not?   Why doesn't anyone ever get to have a girlfriend/boyfriend who sticks around?  Does anyone ever escape this family, or choose a different path, like, say, liberal arts professor?  And again, why no friends?

And what is with the predilection for heavyset jowly males (the DA, the investigator, the PCs two toadies)?  

And I find the Trump-Ivanka vibe from Frank and Erin disconcerting.

And Danny is an bottomless ego asshole with the insight of a rock.  Did I mention that? 

Yeh, by now you probably wish, as I do, that this completist part of my brain would go to sleep and leave me alone!

And Erin must have taken acting as evinced by a gaping mouth lessons from Kristen Stewart.

GAH!  Can't stop!

Edited by vast wasteland
  • Love 5
On August 18, 2017 at 7:28 PM, vast wasteland said:

And still don't understand why Danny and his wife are the only ones with the heavy Brooklyn accents.  Is it a comment on higher education creating accent-less diction?

My in universe theory is that it was a choice. Jamie and Erin decided to get rid of their accent in college or law school, but Danny kept his because he thought it made him sound tough. A reason that I read somewhere on the internet is that Donnie Wahlberg has a rather thick Boston accent, and the only way he can cover it is with a fake New York accent. 

• Love 1

A reason that I read somewhere on the internet is that Donnie Wahlberg has a rather thick Boston accent, and the only way he can cover it is with a fake New York accent. 

The Boston accent kicks in when he's either back in Boston or doing a narration that is Boston related.  (Just don't ask him to do a British accent.  It's painful.) 

On 6/7/2017 at 8:19 PM, Passepartout said:

I always kind of thought Danny was a big of a sexist. Not letting his two female partners take the wheel. Really the guy thinks he is full of himself. Kind of reminds me of McGarrett from Five 0. Control issues. At least Steve M is not a sexist. Give him credit for that.

I'm waiting for the day when the writers allow Maria to call him out on his nonsense.

On 8/18/2017 at 7:28 PM, vast wasteland said:

That too!

And still don't understand why Danny and his wife are the only ones with the heavy Brooklyn accents.  Is it a comment on higher education creating accent-less diction?  Or that Danny is "street," and they convey that with his accent so we, the viewing public, don't miss the heavy handed over obvious stereotype?

I unfortunately started watching this series in error, and just as unfortunately, my completist nature has taken over and insisted I watch all available episodes?.    Haha, just read the correct term on another thread:  "hate watching."

Honestly, there is not a character I don't rail against.  

And are there no genes in common in this family except a self righteous law enforcement gene?  If I had to guess I would say Tom Selleck's character adopted all his kids, talk about no family physical traits.  Has ever a family ever been so infatuated with itself?  Does the divide between Erin and the rest of the family have to be so insultingly defined as liberal versus, well, versus this self righteous, white privileged, friendless, laws are for the other people clan?  Do these these people truly solve every single crime in New York City?  Will anybody ever hold Danny responsible for his chauvinistic overbearing, bullying ways, especially that dotty doting wife of his?   Doesn't anyone worry about the impact on his sons views about women?  Will the family ever have a gay, black, transgender, Buddhist character?   Is Jamie gay?  If not, why not?   Why doesn't anyone ever get to have a girlfriend/boyfriend who sticks around?  Does anyone ever escape this family, or choose a different path, like, say, liberal arts professor?  And again, why no friends?

And what is with the predilection for heavyset jowly males (the DA, the investigator, the PCs two toadies)?  

And I find the Trump-Ivanka vibe from Frank and Erin disconcerting.

And Danny is an bottomless ego asshole with the insight of a rock.  Did I mention that? 

Yeh, by now you probably wish, as I do, that this completist part of my brain would go to sleep and leave me alone!

And Erin must have taken acting as evinced by a gaping mouth lessons from Kristen Stewart.

GAH!  Can't stop!

??? Facts!! Poor Jamie has been relegated to Nikki's favorite uncle and the only one with intelligence when he's allowed to speak. The show is so far right that I doubt we'll see anyone with someone who doesn't look like everyone else in the Reagan family.

• Love 1

I don't know if this year will be Blue Blood's last season or next, but I think it needs to end with Tom Selleck's character finding love with Courtney Cox. They were so terrific together on Friends; they have a wonderful chemistry. A contented Frank does not lend itself to Blue Bloods as we know it, but if Frank could find love with her over the last 3 or 4 episodes, then we could say goodbye to Blue Bloods with happy hearts, and, more importantly, one of the GREATEST ROMANTIC WRONGS OF TELEVISION could be righted!

• LOL 1
On February 3, 2019 at 4:27 AM, tvaddict44 said:

I've always thought that when the show ends, if they want Tom to find a new wife,  it has to be Bebe Neuwirth. They have sparred over and over on many different topics - she annoys him greatly - he pushes all her buttons...But his voice goes deeper whenever he talks to her and the look on his face is perfect....

I agree!  They'd be perfect together.  

I think Frank and Kelly are really neat together. I love their conversations. Sometimes they have a Nick and Nora Charles thing going on.  I could see them as a couple if Frank retired and he and Kelly traveled the world. (There's a show I'd watch the hell out of.) I can't really picture Kelly putting up with how enmeshed Frank is with his kids.  But I can't picture any Courtney Cox-based character putting up with that, either. Huh. Now that I think about it, I don't think Frank's going to find love.

On 2/3/2019 at 4:27 AM, tvaddict44 said:

I've always thought that when the show ends, if they want Tom to find a new wife,  it has to be Bebe Neuwirth. They have sparred over and over on many different topics - she annoys him greatly - he pushes all her buttons...But his voice goes deeper whenever he talks to her and the look on his face is perfect....

I think you're probably right although I don't expect them to go that way (if they want to go out with a wedding it will be one of the younger characters.) Personally if they were to hook Frank up with a big name guest star I'd prefer they went with Whoopi Goldberg just to see the meltdown on my local affiliate's Facebook comments...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 2/4/2019 at 9:09 PM, Biscuit Tin said:

I think Frank and Kelly are really neat together. I love their conversations. Sometimes they have a Nick and Nora Charles thing going on.  I could see them as a couple if Frank retired and he and Kelly traveled the world. (There's a show I'd watch the hell out of.)

I read "I could see them as a couple if Frank retired and he and Kelly traveled the world" and mentally added solve mysteries/fight crime. This is a spin-off show I could totally see CBS doing. I don't know if it would be good, but it's something I could see CBS trying. 

On 2/5/2019 at 7:36 AM, wknt3 said:

I think you're probably right although I don't expect them to go that way (if they want to go out with a wedding it will be one of the younger characters.) 

If this season is the end, I can see the finale being Jamie and Eddie's wedding. If it goes another season, maybe Nicki's wedding. Danny's boys are still too young to get married. Almost no one gets married while still in college, and Jack is still high school. In terms of a finale, I think a funeral (Henry's or Frank's) is far more likely than a wedding.

• Love 1
On 2/11/2019 at 7:23 PM, Biscuit Tin said:

Gah! Frank's funeral?!  Yikes! I hope not!

I agree!  Bad enough Henry lost one child, he shouldn't have to outlive both of his children!!

They could always do a flash forward maybe a decade or so in the future in which Henry has passed on offscreen of old age and Frank takes his place as the senior surviving Reagan.

I know they have Eddie as part of the family now, but I have wondered of there would be a storyline in which Danny decides to start dating again?  I caught an episode in which he meets a widowed nurse who was being stalked by a rejected suitor (who surprise! was once married to a cop), and wondered if they were going to have them get together at some point.  

1 hour ago, magicdog said:

I know they have Eddie as part of the family now, but I have wondered of there would be a storyline in which Danny decides to start dating again?  I caught an episode in which he meets a widowed nurse who was being stalked by a rejected suitor (who surprise! was once married to a cop), and wondered if they were going to have them get together at some point.  

That was shortly after Linda so he still needed to absorb everything from that.  There are some fans that are pushing for him and Baez to couple up but there's no point now that Jamie and Eddie are together.  Then there was the character Molly Chavez from 2 seasons (?) ago who seemed to have a thing for him and I'm like "because he's going to end up with someone that tried to kill him at one time?  Try harder."

• Love 1

The way I would like to see the series end is with a flashforward of about 20 or 30 years. We see a Baker look-a-like open the door to the commissioner's office and say "so-and-so is here to see you". A young FEMALE officer in dress blues walks into the office and says with a smile "Hi Grandpa". We then switch over to see an older Jamie sitting in the big chair with a smile of his own. This should be the final scene.

• Love 3

I would love to see a prequel series to Blue Bloods. Frank still on the beat, Henry as PC. A rougher time when things were still in "the good old days". We'd get to meet Mary, see the boys boxing in the garage with Frank cheering them on (until Mary caught them).  We've seen any number of old cronies/partners of Frank's - let's bring them to life.

This show has built a good background story for the Reagan family and NYPD back in the day and I for one would really enjoy seeing fleshed out and that brought to the screen.

• Love 4
On 2/24/2021 at 2:35 PM, zapper said:

I would love to see a prequel series to Blue Bloods. Frank still on the beat, Henry as PC. A rougher time when things were still in "the good old days". We'd get to meet Mary, see the boys boxing in the garage with Frank cheering them on (until Mary caught them).  We've seen any number of old cronies/partners of Frank's - let's bring them to life.

This show has built a good background story for the Reagan family and NYPD back in the day and I for one would really enjoy seeing fleshed out and that brought to the screen.

I would enjoy seeing Danny, Joe, Erin and Jamie as kids. 

• Love 2
On 2/18/2021 at 12:04 PM, wlk68 said:

The way I would like to see the series end is with a flashforward of about 20 or 30 years. We see a Baker look-a-like open the door to the commissioner's office and say "so-and-so is here to see you". A young FEMALE officer in dress blues walks into the office and says with a smile "Hi Grandpa". We then switch over to see an older Jamie sitting in the big chair with a smile of his own. This should be the final scene.

Overall, I love this idea. This would be a fantastic way to end the series that would make me so incredibly happy. I'm really bad at math, but if it's 20 to 30 years later, wouldn't it be more likely that the female officer is Jamie's daughter and not his grandaughter?  

On 2/24/2021 at 2:35 PM, zapper said:

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! The more I hear about the NYPD in the 1970s, the more I do not understand why Henry gets all of the "in my day stories" because Frank was walking the beat in the era of Serpico. There a million stories there; the 1977 blackout has to be a season finale. How did that environment shape Frank's attitudes and beliefs? Did he come through that thinking, one day I'm going to clean all this up and change everything? Was he in the one honest precinct? (I'm thinking of the 12th from Barney Miller. They acknowledged that corruption existed within the NYPD, but not there).

On 3/5/2021 at 10:27 AM, wlk68 said:

I would enjoy seeing Danny, Joe, Erin and Jamie as kids. 

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! I have been saying for years I want a flashback episode with Danny and his generation as kids or teenagers. Since the trend now is Young ______ I would combine with @zapper's idea (see above). You have a Henry storyline, a Frank storyline, and a storyline at home involving one of the kids.  

16 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

Overall, I love this idea. This would be a fantastic way to end the series that would make me so incredibly happy. I'm really bad at math, but if it's 20 to 30 years later, wouldn't it be more likely that the female officer is Jamie's daughter and not his grandaughter?  

Sorry, math is not my strong suit.  LOL! 40 years? 50? Whatever it would take for this to be the end result. 🙂 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, wlk68 said:

Sorry, math is not my strong suit.  LOL! 40 years? 50? Whatever it would take for this to be the end result. 🙂 

I'm with you; I am horrible at math too. If you want the woman officer in dress blues to be Jamie's granddaughter, than it should be closer to 50 years later. It's a fantastic idea. 

Just finished the Jesse Stone movies last night. Good series. Great acting by Tom - particularly when you compare "Jesse Stone" cop against his "Frank Reagan" cop