Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E02: Sick Day

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, normasm said:

It's for everyone to discuss what will happen, from the director saying, "In this scene, i want JJ to do a back flip over a moving car," to the production heads finding out they'll have to coordinate to make that happen. The actors see the guests they will be acting with, the writers say how they want it to come across, all those things. Basically, the bosses telling the employees what will happen.

So, it might be an opportunity to point out a discrepancy.  But, depending on whether or not open discussion is encouraged, people may or may not feel comfortable speaking out at that time, I suppose.

• Love 1

I don't know, I've never been to a big TV show table read, and if they only have 1 hour, there isn't much time to read the whole thing and everyone's part, obviously. It's the first time everyone sees the dialogue, etc.

6 minutes ago, normasm said:

I don't know, I've never been to a big TV show table read, and if they only have 1 hour, there isn't much time to read the whole thing and everyone's part, obviously. It's the first time everyone sees the dialogue, etc.

It doesn't sound like a lot, but the show itself is only 43ish minutes, and if you take out all of the extra things such as time spent on exposition shots, watching someone doing something such as driving or doing the dishes (without dialogue - just takes a line or so to describe in a table read), the credits, etc, it should be more than enough time.

• Love 1
On 6/10/2016 at 3:10 PM, ReidFan said:

very likely MMC, there was no parallel, no flashback, no reference to the happenings of 200. I think you're right, it's just the manner of how the episode was presented, not its content. It was after the fact, as it were. JJ is relating the story of what happened on the case to Will, her memories. Just like 200 was.

And I thought this episode was one big meh. I didn't hate it, but I wouldn't watch this one again. Not even to do screencaptures.

Really, ReidFan?? Not even one little screencapture?? I liked the way Matthew looked at some point of the episode (not surprise there!), with a white and blue shirt, and I would love to see a capture of that. 

• Love 1

I liked this episode! Then again, I've never had much issue with JJ and have always liked JJ + Will.

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that  the episode really got to me -- I teared up so heavily that the sleeve of my PJ top was damp from dabbing my eyes.  (I think a big part of that was hearing the sweet voice of my toddler nephew coming from another  room. Watching children get hurt--whether actual or implied --has never been easy, but  it's been much harder to take since his birth/I've been helping raise him.)

Do fans actually do a word count per episode for each character ? Is that a big fan thing for most shows?  I can see production doing it, but I suppose I've never given it much thought. I guess it isn't much different than noting how much screen-time or overall story lines per character.

Speaking for myself, TG will be briefly missed, but I don't watch because of him and will keep watching. I'm invested enough in the other characters, and I find the team more important than the individual. There's still enough of that left to satisfy me. It was a little sad that this was his last show and that, due to circumstances, he couldn't get a better send-off.

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 4