Type keyword(s) to search

Project Runway In the Media

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, slensam said:

The sex tape was pretty hardcore. I was actually kind of shocked by it even though I was born in the 70's. Whatever...

Project Runway is on Lifetime. The Network is practically supported by a family famous for a sex tape, so it should not surprise anyone.

I had forgotten until news footage that Georgina Chapman is married to Weinstein! I imagine (and have absolutely no evidence for this) that theirs was a marriage of convenience, and his "dalliances" perhaps satisfied him enough that she wouldn't have to touch him. Ever.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, NorthstarATL said:

I imagine (and have absolutely no evidence for this) that theirs was a marriage of convenience, and his "dalliances" perhaps satisfied him enough that she wouldn't have to touch him. Ever.

But they have two kids together, don't they?  

6 hours ago, NorthstarATL said:

Project Runway is on Lifetime. The Network is practically supported by a family famous for a sex tape, so it should not surprise anyone.

I had forgotten until news footage that Georgina Chapman is married to Weinstein! I imagine (and have absolutely no evidence for this) that theirs was a marriage of convenience, and his "dalliances" perhaps satisfied him enough that she wouldn't have to touch him. Ever.

I have to ask what family is that?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, gingerormaryann said:

I have to ask what family is that?

Oops! My mistake! I confused Lifetime with E! They are right next to each other on Comcast, and I don't regularly watch either, so I always think of them as the same! My apologies to Lifetime!

Of course, the family is the Kardashians.  They got a lot of PR mileage out of Kim's sex tape with Ray Jay. 

And the PR contestant with the sex tape was Anya.  Supposedly filmed when she was a Miss Universe contestant then shortly afterward stolen and leaked. 

Posted this evening  on MSN: To sum up, Heidi issued a statement to People denouncing Harvey Weinstein who was fired from TWC (The Weinstein Company) which is a co-producer of Project Runway. PR All Stars, with Georgina, is in the can, no air date has been set. Because TWC owns a majority share in PR it's unclear what will happen. And there you have it.

Heidi Klum is supporting the “brave women” who have spoken out against Harvey Weinstein, who is embroiled in an ongoing sexual harassment scandal.

“I wish I could say that the horrible stories I read about Harvey Weinstein are a rare occurrence in our society, but that is simply not the case. We would be naive to think that this behavior only happens in Hollywood,” Klum, 44, tells PEOPLE exclusively. © Provided by TIME Inc.

“This is one example of the more pervasive problem of the mistreatment of women around the world. I think it would be hard to find a woman – myself included – who have not had an experience where they have felt intimidated or threatened by a man using his power, position or his physical stature,” the Project Runway host and judge says.

“I truly admire these brave women who are coming forward to share their stories because change cannot come unless there is a dialogue and people are held accountable,” she concludes.

Klum’s statements come after Weinstein, 65, was stripped of his executive producer credit on the Lifetime reality show competition.

Since Project Runway‘s premiere in 2012, the movie mogul’s former studio, The Weinstein Company, has been co-producing the show along with Bunim-Murray Productions.

A source tells PEOPLE it’s unclear what will happen going forward as TWC owns a majority in Project Runway.

Weinstein’s wife, Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman has often appeared on the show as a guest judge since 2012.

“Production is already completed on the next season of Project Runway All Stars with Georgina,” a rep for the reality Lifetime series confirmed to PEOPLE Thursday. “We have yet to determine an airdate.”

Weinstein has since been fired from TWC and Chapman announced she’s leaving him.

On Sunday, eight women — including actress Ashley Judd — spoke out against Weinstein in a New York Times report, accusing him of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior. The paper also reported that Weinstein reached private settlements with eight women, including actress Rose McGowan.

On Tuesday, Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie and several other women added their own accounts of alleged mistreatment, and more than two dozen women have now come forward.

Also on Tuesday, Chapman revealed in a statement to PEOPLE that she had decided to leave Weinstein in the wake of the allegations: “My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions. I have chosen to leave my husband. Caring for my young children is my first priority and I ask the media for privacy at this time.”

Following the NYT report about the allegations, Weinstein said in a statement that he was working with therapists and planned to “deal with this issue head-on.”

“Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein,” a spokesperson for the movie mogul has said.

On Thursday, PEOPLE reported that Weinstein checked into a luxury resort in Arizona after jetting out of Los Angeles on Wednesday. The source said the movie mogul was staying at the five-star hotel (which boasts a spa and golf course) because “he doesn’t want to go a place where he can’t use his cell phone.”

“His team set him up at a secure place to get him the help he needs — he knows and wants help,” said another source close to the situation.

• Love 2

How could Georgina not know that he was coercing actresses into wearing her gowns? She had to know, & she has to know now that she wouldn't be nearly as famous as she is without Harvey threatening women, she gets no sympathy from me. To me, Marchesa always looked like prom dresses, I could never understand why so many actresses wore her gowns, well, now I do.

• Love 11

Moved these over from this week's episode thread:

On 10/13/2017 at 9:21 AM, jrlr said:

Marchesa was launched in 2004 and was successful on its own, but did not become a red-carpet name until 2007 when The Beautiful Georgina Chapman married Harvey Weinstein, when the lecher started pushing stars of his movies to wear the Marchesa brand.  Not my definition of a love match as much as a power merger.   But who knows? 

On 10/13/2017 at 0:13 PM, ichbin said:

The Beautiful Georgina Chapman quickly announced the divorce, but I'm not so sure she will be able to divorce her brand from him as quickly.  I read that Felicity Huffman confirmed he threatened promotion of one of her films if she didn't wear Marchesa to the red carpet events.  I expect more will come out about that as the days go by. 

Just in case anyone wants receipts (both links include photos of the Marchesa dresses they ended up wearing):

Felicity Huffman confirms that Harvey Weinstein threatened to pull promotion for 2005's Transamerica if she didn't wear a Marchesa gown on the red carpet

Sienna Miller says she had a dress that she liked and wanted to wear to the 2007 Golden Globes, but she was seated at Harvey's table and was told that "he would be very upset if she didn't wear Marchesa."

Emma Thompson discusses her interaction with Harvey Weinstein:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3

Liris Crosse: Full-Figured Beauty Goes Full Throttle With ‘Project Runway’

Bigger is better.

Just ask Liris Crosse, who has been championing the beauty of full-figured women throughout her flourishing 20-year career. The plus-sized model has been on the frontlines of the fashion world continuing to represent “curvy Black girl magic” with numerous campaigns for Ashley Stewart and Lane Bryant, international magazine spreads and various film and television projects.

As you might expect, there are some gorgeous photos. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Unbelievable to me that people are taking this Harvey Wienstien Pervert Pig situation and turning his actions into a petty platform to bash The beautiful Gorgina Chapmans clothing line. Seriously?

Felicity Huffman and Sienna Miller aren't bashing The Beautiful Georgina Chapman's line. They are just stating that Weinstein's abuse of power wasn't limited to sexually assaulting women. He also forced successful actresses to wear dresses from his girlfriend's line if they didn't want to suffer the consequences. Regardless of whether or not you like Marchesa's dresses, that's pretty fucked up. He was the one being petty, not Felicity and Sienna.

I'm pretty sure that The Beautiful Georgina Chapman never would have been a judge on PR: AS if not for her husband being one of the show's producers. All of these things point to Harvey Weinstein abusing his power.

21 minutes ago, Drogo said:

We have a special place to discuss Harvey Weinstein:

ETA - sorry, he and Georgina (as well as Felicity Huffman and Marchesa) were being discussed in the episode thread and I thought it was more appropriate to post the links here in the media thread.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Unbelievable to me that people are taking this Harvey Wienstien Pervert Pig situation and turning his actions into a petty platform to bash The beautiful Gorgina Chapmans clothing line. Seriously?

I don't see anyone bashing her clothing line.  Someone said they looked like prom dresses, but so what?  That's personal taste, not bashing (I happen to love her cothes, and that's personal taste, too).  The bashing is reserved for Weinstein - he's an abusive pig who spent decades using his position of power to "coerce" women into all sorts of things they didn't want to do, and that includes pushing his wife's clothing line.  

• Love 8

Funny how she admitted it at the time but now denies after the episode airs.  Is that a coincidence, or did she and Shawn figure that TPTB have no concrete footage evidence since it wasn't aired?

When I measure garments, I usually don't do it in the bathroom.  That in itself implies deception, unless she literally removed it from her own body and was being modest.  

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

They won't rule out another go at reality television.  "Truthfully, getting out in front of people is what's going to help us be successful," Shawn said. "Absolutely."

Not successful as designers or anything else that actually requires skill and drive.   So, successful as what?   Identical twins who never met a camera they didn't like?  BFD, you irritating hacks.  

• Love 6

Do we know how he died?  Current pictures don't look anything like what he looked like during his time on Project Runway.  He looks very thing and fragile in current images.

They haven't announced anything for certain, but TMZ says he had checked into a hospital a few days ago for intestinal issues.  :(

• Love 1

I was just coming here to see if anyone had posted the news about Mychael.  Really friggin tragic...too young, way way too young.  I'm nearly in tears.  Those intestinal issues, they can be really nasty and if there's other underlying problems his immune system was probably fried.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Fukui San said:

RIP Captain Save-A-Ho, Brace Face, and Fly of Fly and Fabulous. You were one of my all time favorites. 

Captain Save-A-Ho :(  I haven't watched PR the last few seasons, but I was watching back then. So sad about Mychael.  Only 39. 

I remember he seemed like a nice person, this sure confirms it, from the Obvious article linked above:

When I lost my leg due to a rare form of bone cancer, Mychael helped me get my confidence back. I once complained how designers aren’t making clothes for people like me. Mychael’s immediate response was, “I got you! Give me a few days to sketch something for you.” I said okay cool. Later, I checked my email and there the sketches were. I cried. I saw the vision. That’s me, I said! What my friend did for me changed my attitude about how I looked and boosted my confidence beyond words.

• Love 12

From the article:

"But Claire said that was accidental.

The tape measure was in her pocket after a day of filming in the show's workrooms, she said. She'd forgotten it was there and had it at the apartment for "a matter of hours" before "disposing" of it, she said.

On the show she told host Tim Gunn she used the tape to measure a few pieces of clothing, but Monday Claire said she never used it in the apartment.

"Once I got rid of it, I didn't think it would be a big deal," Claire said Monday."

Bullcrap. When Amy told her it was cheating to have it in their apartment, Claire said, (I'm not sure of her exact words, but)  "they can take it away from me" or "they can have it". She didn't get rid of it. And the fact that she had it in the bathroom - the one place the cameras couldn't film her - I mean, come on. She's not only a cheater, she's a liar.

• Love 16

Here's another story about Mychael.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4990532/Project-Runway-s-Mychael-Knight-suddenly-dies-age-39.html

I'm just as surprised.  The article above has photos of him from his show a month ago.  The photo of all the competitors his year is especially sad: I remember all of them and a lot of the things they designed.

Remember Michael's odd materials challenge entry when he used a clear cellophane as a tulle for a shoulder wrap and for the first time, the judges took notice of an approach they hadn't considered.  

I always hoped I'd run into him in a fabric store in Atlanta.  He is missed.

• Love 4

I don't think there is anything wrong with TWC requiring actresses who are publicizing their movies to wear a Marchesa gown  on the red carpet. It's an industry event. Look at how actresses, etc, are replacing fashion models on the cover of all fashion magazines.

Just so so so incredibly gutted to read about Mychael Knight ... He was one of my absolute all-time favorite PR contestants. There was just something about his personality that made me wish I could hang out with him. I loved his designs as well but more than anything I loved his spirit and charm (and how easy he was on the eyes).

And also incredibly distraught to read about the cause of death (and only 39!) ... without wanting to saddle people here with my own sob story, what a terrible way to go. I've battled the condition off and on for eight or nine years now with varying degrees of debilitation, to some degree stabilized by medication, but when the pain flares up (usually in the wee small hours of the night/morning) I always remind myself "this won't kill you, it will just make you WISH you were dead for a few hours." Honestly, until I just read his obituary, it never occurred to me that yeah, maybe it CAN kill you. 

• Love 15