Type keyword(s) to search

The Fanfic Thread: Hurricane IchAbbie Warning!

Would anyone be willing to take pity on me (and keep me from having to re-read about Katrina and Henry) and remind me what the deal was with Katrina's original pregnancy/when Henry was born, etc? Just a quick synopsis. Crane never knew Katrina was pregnant before he got boxed or whatever, right? 

I'm writing a little fic that involves Crane having descendants, and when I remove CFD from existing in my universe I want to do it cleanly. 

Would anyone be willing to take pity on me (and keep me from having to re-read about Katrina and Henry) and remind me what the deal was with Katrina's original pregnancy/when Henry was born, etc? Just a quick synopsis. Crane never knew Katrina was pregnant before he got boxed or whatever, right? 

I'm writing a little fic that involves Crane having descendants, and when I remove CFD from existing in my universe I want to do it cleanly. 

Crane was definately boxed before he knew about the kid. Season 2 totally forgot that and implied that she was a lot further along before he died and was about to tell him. But season 1, she finds out she's pregnant after he's buried. I think she actually told him that in the Golem, when he "visits" her in the church. It's in the episode Sanctuary. Crane "dies", and is buried and right after, Katrina basically flees. She is being hunted by her coven because she is the one who is supposed to have cast the spell to preserve Crane, which was a big no-no for them for some reason. She apparates all over Europe for some reason (she was looking for something, a spell or something, I forget), then when is about to pop, shows up at Fredericks manner and has the kid. While she is in labour, crows start slamming again the window, trying to break down the window, and Evil!TreeBeard breaks in and kills Fredericks. Abbie sees this through a vision, and tells him about the kid, and he's shocked because he didn't know.

Crane was buried in 1881, and on Katrina's headstone, her date of death is 1882, less than a year after. This almost fits well actually, since she gave the baby up soon after it was born, then was caught by the coven and sent to Purgatory. I always assumed that she became pregnant the morning before Crane "died". What I find interesting is that the show claims now they were married for 6 years, but she never became pregnant before??? Strange (I attribute it to witchy birthcontrol, but was never explained either).

That's how I remember it.

• Love 1

Thanks, Halcyon, I really appreciate it!

Edit: here's what I'm working on. The idea came to mind during an early S3 episode thread when we were trying to work out how the heck Ichabod could get modern credentials like a birth certificate and passport. I was a bit hopped up on ambien and a whole story popped into my head. Fortunately I took notes.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5171318/chapters/11912114

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 1