Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Why do Sheinelle, Al and Craig always treat Dylan like she's dumb?  The woman's a meteorologist, so, she's obviously not, but, they all seem to talk down to her.

Dylan and her husband think they are cute and funny, and she tries to replicate that with Al and Craig, and it doesn't always work on a morning talk show.  And Sheinelle treats everyone like that.

2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

And honestly sheinelle doesn’t always come across as the sharpest tool in the shed. 

Well, neither do Hoda and Jenna for that matter.  

1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

That's what I was thinking.  And, Al is luckier than he is talented.

I like Al and I think he's very good at interviews and hosting, in addition to being a good weatherman.

However, I think Jenna got her jobs cause of her last name.  And Hoda was lucky enough to be there when Matt was fired.  I still think it should have been Craig and Savannah hosting all along.

57 minutes ago, Mrsjumbo said:

My cable company has dropped NBC, so goodbye Today show! I have to find another mindless morning show to watch while I wash dishes & fold laundry. It would probably be CBS, but I can’t stand Oprah’s “best friend” Gayle.

I watch the Today show app.  You can pick and choose the stories you want to watch.  And if you have a Roku, you can watch stories on the NBC News app.  Not the same as the full show, but something to watch.

• Love 2

Dylan deserves better hosts like this morning with Peter and Halle. Al not good for years, Craig just doesn't have a broadcaster's voice and Sheinelle is a diva.

• Love 4
(edited)

According to Al's IG, Hoda is back tomorrow.  

Don't forget to adjust the volume on your television accordingly:(  

edited to add:  Al removed the IG post about Hoda

Edited by scorpio1031
50 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

According to Al's IG, Hoda is back tomorrow.  

Don't forget to adjust the volume on your television accordingly:(  

Or, in my case, don’t forget to watch something else.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Or, in my case, don’t forget to watch something else.

But, but, but ….you're going to miss Hoda talking about how she never thought she would be a mother again, and how her heart is full, and you have to have hope.  And then there will be only 5 minutes left to watch after that.  And Hoda and Jenna haven't worked together since Jenna mentioned she was "pregnand" and how she is leaving to go on "madernady" leave.  And Hoda will tell her that she shouldn't have felt guilty for being pregnant.  

It's hard to be snarky when auto correct keep trying to change your spelling....LOL

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

But, but, but ….you're going to miss Hoda talking about how she never thought she would be a mother again, and how her heart is full, and you have to have hope.  And then there will be only 5 minutes left to watch after that.  And Hoda and Jenna haven't worked together since Jenna mentioned she was "pregnand" and how she is leaving to go on "madernady" leave.  And Hoda will tell her that she shouldn't have felt guilty for being pregnant.  

It's hard to be snarky when auto correct keep trying to change your spelling....LOL

🤣 this post is the funniest thing I’ve read in a long time.  

Don’t forget there’s got to be a few Hailey mentions in there. She’s the most loving best sister, along some pictures to prove it. And, of course, Hoda will say she’s exhausted with 2 littles ones...if only she had help, poor woman. I wonder how many extra “babysitters” she’s had to hire (she won’t say nanny because shes just like us regular folk.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

🤣 this post is the funniest thing I’ve read in a long time.  

Don’t forget there’s got to be a few Hailey mentions in there. She’s the most loving best sister, along some pictures to prove it. And, of course, Hoda will say she’s exhausted with 2 littles ones...if only she had help, poor woman. I wonder how many extra “babysitters” she’s had to hire (she won’t say nanny because shes just like us regular folk.)

Hailey may have to be sent to live with Blake since Hoda has a new toy.  Whoops.  I mean baby.  The show isn't on here because of flash flooding.  OT, but, I have to show respect to local reporters who are holding their tongues when it comes to people driving into, and, getting trapped in large pools of water.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I totally forgot about Blake the dog. That was all she talked about before she had baby #1 & #2. I guess it was too much to handle or she lost interest. I just checked her twitter and she was on the Coco train. Then I checked the ESPN and I see that the Coco train has been derailed. What will Hoda do now? She always needs something to hang on to. At the moment she doesn't seem to concerned about her job.

• LOL 2
6 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I totally forgot about Blake the dog. That was all she talked about before she had baby #1 & #2. I guess it was too much to handle or she lost interest. I just checked her twitter and she was on the Coco train. Then I checked the ESPN and I see that the Coco train has been derailed. What will Hoda do now? She always needs something to hang on to. At the moment she doesn't seem to concerned about her job.

She will probably start obsessing over whatever new song my teenage girls are listening to at the moment or whatever her celeb friends are posting on what hoda insists on calling “insta” since she’s such a young hip mom and all. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

OT, but, I have to show respect to local reporters who are holding their tongues when it comes to people driving into, and, getting trapped in large pools of water.

I applauded a local reporter who asked a reporter out in the field to ask a stranded motorist what he was thinking driving into the water.  They always tell you to turn around, don't drown.  The guy didn't even answer.

On topic, I am dreading Hoda's return.

• Love 1

I wonder if Hoda even wants to return to both shows. I think she's been gone since mid April and doesn't look like she's returning anytime soon. Granted she's under contract but after being home she might be over the working thing. LOL!!! I think Jenna is due in August. It seems like Today has been tight lipped a return date for Hoda, too.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I wonder if Hoda even wants to return to both shows. I think she's been gone since mid April and doesn't look like she's returning anytime soon. Granted she's under contract but after being home she might be over the working thing. LOL!!! I think Jenna is due in August. It seems like Today has been tight lipped a return date for Hoda, too.

Plus she has a show on Sirius satellite radio. Not sure if it is every day of not, but it is just more sucking up to whoever (whomever?) the guest happens to be.

Also, Savannah is back from vacation, still slouching in her chair. 

5 minutes ago, seasons said:

Plus she has a show on Sirius satellite radio. Not sure if it is every day of not, but it is just more sucking up to whoever (whomever?) the guest happens to be.

Also, Savannah is back from vacation, still slouching in her chair. 

I can't with Savannah's voice. It always sounds like she was just crying.

• Love 3

I'm not sure why we have to watch Hoda when she's not even back at work.  The dance challenge reminded me of another reason I hate her.  Hoda, not only can you not sing, you cannot even sing badly.  It's worse than that.  MISS YOU, BLAKE!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/9/2019 at 10:13 AM, Dakisela said:

I might be late to this party, but what is going on with Natalie?  Was she dumped from LA?  Making a triumphant return to NY mornings? 

She left Access Hollywood.  She is still the West Coast Today correspondent and is working on Dateline.  If I were her, I'd continue to live in California and travel/fill in where needed.   Once Hoda comes back from maternity, she's going to be the new big thing even though she isn't new🙄.  Natalie would just get lost in the shuffle.

I haven’t watched Today in a long time, but Dylan is on the NBC Nightly News giving hurricane updates. Her hair is so dark now and it looks all slicked back? Or just in a ponytail? I can’t really tell. How does she wear it on the show?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Pickles said:

I haven’t watched Today in a long time, but Dylan is on the NBC Nightly News giving hurricane updates. Her hair is so dark now and it looks all slicked back? Or just in a ponytail? I can’t really tell. How does she wear it on the show?

She's participating in a golf tournament in Lake Tahoe, so maybe she wasn't expecting to do the weather.  She's been wearing her hair up to play.

• Love 2

I saw this and Hoda has been gone longer then I thought. I don’t think she misses work. She might miss the perks but not the job. I wonder if she’ll return before Jenna leaves?!

Hoda's video is one of the few updates Today has given since the co-anchor left in mid-April for maternity leave. This spring, Hoda and her boyfriend, Joel Schiffman, adopted a baby girl named Hope Catherine. Together, they also raise their 2-year-old daughter, Haley Joy, who was adopted in 2017. 

Hoda was initially expected to come back in mid-June, but has yet to return. Meanwhile, Jenna Bush Hager is pregnant with her third child (it's a boy) and is expected to give birth in late July or early August.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I saw this and Hoda has been gone longer then I thought. I don’t think she misses work. She might miss the perks but not the job. I wonder if she’ll return before Jenna leaves?!

I wonder if she took vacation on top of maternity leave.  I can't remember when she took her last vacation what with KLG leaving and all.  It doesn't bother me cause I like Craig and Savannah, and I don't watch the 4th hour anymore😜

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Just got the news on the West Coast - looks like she colored it back to her natural color.  That is dark:)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Looked at Today.com - saw that Willie and Jenna had a segment on words they mis-pronounce.  Jenna admitted that she pronounces her t's as d's😜

I saw that.  The whole time they were going through their list, I kept yelling. “Gyros!  Gyros!  Someone tell me how to pronounce that!”  But, apparently they didn’t hear me, or, they never use the word.

• LOL 1
On 7/11/2019 at 7:37 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Just got the news on the West Coast - looks like she colored it back to her natural color.  That is dark:)

There has been a lot of speculation over on their FB page that Dylan is preggers, thus the darker hair. She’s also been sporting a baby bump.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Then why the hell won't she stop it?

Oh you know.....it's a Southern thing🙄.  The example they used was "impordant."  The producer doesn't like it.  Willie says it's endearing.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh you know.....it's a Southern thing🙄.  The example they used was "impordant."  The producer doesn't like it.  Willie says it's endearing.  

I was LOL that the producer, Joanna LaMarca" did not like it, I imagine they have talked to her about it.  "Dolly Pardon" indeed 🙂

20 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I was LOL that the producer, Joanna LaMarca" did not like it, I imagine they have talked to her about it.  "Dolly Pardon" indeed 🙂

Well, she comes off like an ignorant twit, and at times simply patronizing with that whole "it's a Southern thing" like you just aren't part of her exclusive clique.  I wonder if they just want to get Hoda back, get Jenna thru her maternity leave, and then when they are both back together, deal with things.  So that's what next year:/  

Supposedly the ratings are up for the 3rd hour, but I would be interested to know how the 4th hour is doing.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:11 PM, Ohwell said:

Then why the hell won't she stop it?

I swear that drove me nuts. She was a teacher for gods sake. Then to hear Jenna mention it and that the producer Joanna actually told her but she still does it is CRAZY!!!

On 7/11/2019 at 6:44 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I wonder if she took vacation on top of maternity leave.  I can't remember when she took her last vacation what with KLG leaving and all. 

Hoda probably saved up her vacation days and used them after her maternity leave time was up.  I remember Kathie Lee did something similar and she was off for something like two or three months.

Another promo for a kids book written by the Today Show Family, this time one written by Willie's wife.  I don't mind their hustle, but it seems like a host, or someone connected to a host or the show, is on every few months to hawk a children's book.

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:24 AM, Bronzedog said:

Today's show with Savannah and Jenna could not possibly be more boring. zzzzzzzzz

Unless your Roger Federer and wanted to hear Savannah endlessly gush over and over about you.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Another promo for a kids book written by the Today Show Family, this time one written by Willie's wife.  I don't mind their hustle, but it seems like a host, or someone connected to a host or the show, is on every few months to hawk a children's book.

Oh jeebus cripes, when will it end?  I guess Sheinelle's husband is next?  Or Craig's wife?  

I wonder how many books they sell.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

If experience (for the past 5 years) has taught us anything, it’s that there will be a pregnancy reveal anytime they go off script even a little bit. And we can never get too comfortable because Apparently 50 is the new 25 on this show so anyone can be having a baby at any time. (I am happy for Dylan though)

• Love 3

I thought Dylan had never been pregnant before they way they were discussing her issues. She already has a kid? Jeez! What is it with TODAY and the constant talk and blabbering about  babies and pregnancy. I wouldn't mind if it was one day but it's.all.the.time. It's before, during and after the baby is born. They always act like no one else has had a kid before. It's so bizzare.

• Love 4

I am so happy for Dylan and the news she is having another baby...praying that all goes well for her.  She was very honest with what she went through, and I imagine with everyone else having babies, and talking babies on & on, she was feeling left out.  Her little boy, Calvin, is a cutie. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I am so happy for Dylan and the news she is having another baby...praying that all goes well for her.  She was very honest with what she went through, and I imagine with everyone else having babies, and talking babies on & on, she was feeling left out.  Her little boy, Calvin, is a cutie. 

Those of us without little ones (mine are teens) are also feeling left out! Enough of the baby stuff. I’d imagine the majority of viewers can’t/don’t relate to their privileged personal lives. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

My own daughter is starting testing for IVF this week, so I'm happy to hear of another successful outcome for Dylan.  Gives me hope.

• Love 6