Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, junemeatcleaver said:

How awkward is it that they're celebrating 25 years in their glass studio and they can't mention the guy who was there for most of that time.

I know!  That was really a big elephant in the room!

I only watch off and on but was happy to notice today that they’ve retired the sing song Louis Licari (sp?) intro. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

First post--please be gentle!  I just had to say that I used to really enjoy this show, but it's almost impossible to watch.

Could someone please pull Jenna aside and let her know she's not at a slumber party, that there are (presumably) millions of people watching?  We don't need to hear her butt in to say that Henry has the diaper bag jacket (shown before Father's Day) or anything else for that matter.  The poor guests trying to cook or show fashions etc. can't get a word in edgewise anymore.  Jenna and Hoda-of-the-Day just chat like nobody else is around!

• Love 5
On 6/19/2019 at 5:54 AM, junemeatcleaver said:

The little girl climber made me think of Jessica Dubroff.  If that girl had gotten hurt or worse, the media would have called her parents irresponsible attention seekers instead of celebrating this feat.  Why do they celebrate this kind of crap?

My thoughts exactly.  People have DIED climbing El Capitan.  There was plenty of time for her to do the climb after she was an adult.  You are so right ... if a 10 year-old died doing this, the parents may well have been brought up on charges.  Irresponsible..

• Love 3

I'd like to see Laila Ali as a cohost. She has done some nice work on other shows.

Looks like Jenna is ready to have that baby! Wonder when Hoda comes back? Going to need a lot of rotating co-hosts!

32 minutes ago, seasons said:

Looks like Jenna is ready to have that baby! Wonder when Hoda comes back? Going to need a lot of rotating co-hosts!

And each co-host will congratulate Hoda and all we will hear is that they were hoping, didn't know if it was going to happen, it did happen and now her heart is full.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Popcorn22 said:

Hoda has a lot of big mouth smiling selfies on Instagram! What is hilarious is now Haley  now has the same weird smile and do does Hoda’s niece ! 

The picture of Hoda with her mom---they look identical! The hair, the smiles, the teeth, everything.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:46 PM, Haleth said:

only watch off and on but was happy to notice today that they’ve retired the sing song Louis Licari (sp?) intro. 

yeah, they definitely needed to lose that! So annoying.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 3

I’m catching up on old episodes.

first, the colored glasses have to go. The yellow ones on Al are the worst!

Is Al getting paid to talk about climate change? He talks about it every day now. 

On 6/22/2019 at 6:42 PM, Popcorn22 said:

Hoda has a lot of big mouth smiling selfies on Instagram! What is hilarious is now Haley  now has the same weird smile and do does Hoda’s niece ! 

And, Hoda will say, “You know what?” a million times because she always does. I know Hoda is the only woman to ever given birth but the Today show needs to calm the F down about Hoda and kids and her full heart. I’m thinking she be back this month after the 4th of July because I think Jenna is due in August. They have to do 2 week of shows together to show everyone how they are (aren’t) best friends. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

They have to do 2 week of shows together to show everyone how they are (aren’t) best friends. 

Gives Jenna enough time to ask Hoda if she wears her mother's underwear and that if she doesn't, it means that Jenna loves her mother more.

8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

And, Hoda will say, “You know what?” a million times because she always does. I know Hoda is the only woman to ever given birth but the Today show needs to calm the F down about Hoda and kids and her full heart. I’m thinking she be back this month after the 4th of July because I think Jenna is due in August. They have to do 2 week of shows together to show everyone how they are (aren’t) best friends. 

No one finds Hoda as annoying as I do, but just a correction, she didn’t give birth, she adopted both kids, which makes it all that more precious, dont cha know? 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 6/25/2019 at 1:25 PM, OnTime said:

A week of Maria Shriver?

I think three days max would have been more than enough.

I don’t mind Maria, but she tends to over think & over analyze everything ad nauseam. I have a relative like this, we dread talking to her because it’s exhausting.

and they all think she’s a guru like Oprah so she has to live up to that & share her Deep Thoughts.

I don’t hate Maria Shriver but I had to turn off their constant “deep thoughts” ! Between Jenna with her raspy “I’m ready to cry” voice ,  it’s nauseating!

Add to that the constant Hoda worshipping snd it’s unwatchable! 

Oh and can someone tell me what is so wonderful about Hoda ? She wears a lacy white dress to Bobbie Brown’s wedding and Jenna actually said she might not know that it is a etiquette  that you don’t do that ?  And Maria says “oh she knows”! 

So can someone tell my Hoda is thought of as such a such a wonderful person ? She leaves her friends at parties alone and doesn’t even let them know she is going when they drove with her and left things in the car, then she expects them to come to her house and pick up their things! 

Then she walks out of a room in her house when a friend is visiting and expects them to know they should leave ?

Not to mention she can’t take a group picture without dominating the photo with her overdone big mouth smile and overshadowing anyone else !

I really don’t get this adoration of Hoda as if she is some kind of saint !  She really is super self absorbed, tacky, rude and needs to be the center of attention all the time ! 

• Love 13

I really don’t get this adoration of Hoda as if she is some kind of saint !  She really is super self absorbed, tacky, rude and needs to be the center of attention all the time ! 

I've never heard a bad thing about Hoda in gossip columns or those behind the scenes exposes about Today that pop up from time to time.  Hoda is popular with a lot of viewers and is possibly well liked at Today, I don't have a problem with them bringing her up.

Wow this show is really getting desperate for content. A middle school graduation? 

I thought it was a high school graduation at first.  I was thinking wow, they look really young and then they said it was a middle school graduation and then it made sense.  And they did it last year too?  Honestly I'd take a graduation over those weddings they used to do all the time.

3 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

I've never heard a bad thing about Hoda in gossip columns or those behind the scenes exposes about Today that pop up from time to time.  Hoda is popular with a lot of viewers and is possibly well liked at Today, I don't have a problem with them bringing her up.

I thought it was a high school graduation at first.  I was thinking wow, they look really young and then they said it was a middle school graduation and then it made sense.  And they did it last year too?  Honestly I'd take a graduation over those weddings they used to do all the time.

It's a celebrity thing. You have to keep up with the Joneses and like everyone who is in the biz. I have always thought it was weird that Hoda leaves people at parties and leaves visitiors in her home and doesn't tell them she is not returning. Odd!

P.S.: I am so over the Maria is guru grap. Whenever she talks about her deep thoughts I hear blah, blah, blah. She grew up rich, made a lot of money in tv and then married rich. She's had a rough life and knows what the common person goes through. <sarcasm>. She also just happended to set up her daughter with Chris Pratt who is loaded. Her daughter, Kathrine Wikipedia says the following which is code for rich and never needed to work.

After graduating from the University of Southern California in 2012 and unsure of her next steps, Schwarzenegger sought career advice from a variety of people, including athletes, singers, entrepreneurs and actors.[11] She compiled their wisdom into her second book— I Just Graduated . . . Now What?—which was released in 2014 as a "survival guide" for recent college grads.[12]

Eyes roll. OMG! I hope she didn't have to struggle to repay her loans with her low paying job that she never had.

Rant over.

• Love 10

When I see Maria Shriver, I remember the story I read about her years ago when she was on the campaign trail for her husband. The story goes that she stopped in a bakery and was eyeing up the cookies. The cashier offered to ring one up for her. Omg, no! She wasn't paying $2 for a cookie (or whatever the price was). She wanted the cookie given to her as a freebie. Didn't happen. Entitled much? The Kennedys and Shrivers are all the same.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

It's a celebrity thing. You have to keep up with the Joneses and like everyone who is in the biz. I have always thought it was weird that Hoda leaves people at parties and leaves visitiors in her home and doesn't tell them she is not returning. Odd!

P.S.: I am so over the Maria is guru grap. Whenever she talks about her deep thoughts I hear blah, blah, blah. She grew up rich, made a lot of money in tv and then married rich. She's had a rough life and knows what the common person goes through. <sarcasm>. She also just happended to set up her daughter with Chris Pratt who is loaded. Her daughter, Kathrine Wikipedia says the following which is code for rich and never needed to work.

After graduating from the University of Southern California in 2012 and unsure of her next steps, Schwarzenegger sought career advice from a variety of people, including athletes, singers, entrepreneurs and actors.[11] She compiled their wisdom into her second book— I Just Graduated . . . Now What?—which was released in 2014 as a "survival guide" for recent college grads.[12]

Eyes roll. OMG! I hope she didn't have to struggle to repay her loans with her low paying job that she never had.

Rant over.

Yeah, and Chris Pratt is a real ahole who is a cheater and a religious hypocrite!  So, he should fit right in with Maria and Arnold’s marriage and extended family !

• Love 3
4 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

I don’t hate Maria Shriver but I had to turn off their constant “deep thoughts” ! Between Jenna with her raspy “I’m ready to cry” voice ,  it’s nauseating!

Add to that the constant Hoda worshipping snd it’s unwatchable! 

Oh and can someone tell me what is so wonderful about Hoda ? She wears a lacy white dress to Bobbie Brown’s wedding and Jenna actually said she might not know that it is a etiquette  that you don’t do that ?  And Maria says “oh she knows”! 

So can someone tell my Hoda is thought of as such a such a wonderful person ? She leaves her friends at parties alone and doesn’t even let them know she is going when they drove with her and left things in the car, then she expects them to come to her house and pick up their things! 

Then she walks out of a room in her house when a friend is visiting and expects them to know they should leave ?

Not to mention she can’t take a group picture without dominating the photo with her overdone big mouth smile and overshadowing anyone else !

No one promotes Hoda more than Hoda herself ! I’m not saying she’s a horrible person, but she knows how to make everything about her and what she is or has had gone on in her life !

Her behavior toward friends shows she’s  either a dope when it comes to social cues , or she’s just self-absorbed .  I vote for self absorbed .  She seems like she could be a nice “work friend “, but I would not want to hang out someone who has her rude behavior on a regular basis !

Hoda is just plain lucky IMO. She isn’t really good at doing the news , but they needed to counteract the Matt cloud and she is non  threatening and a woman!  (translation: she is dumb enough to not threaten people  by sounding to smart )

I didn’t mind her at first , even though it was obvious that she isn’t very intelligent based on her comments .  She seemed nice and relatable .

When everything became about her and her cancer , it was kind of annoying, then came Haley, and that was a little annoying .

It seems like real Hoda came out in full force when she got the anchor job.  Now she cackles like an idiot and doesn’t even try as a co-host!  She and Savannah are cringeworthy bubble head versions of women !   Jenna is dumb too !

And spare me Hoda and Maria acting like they are life gurus!  When they give up their nannies , multimillion dollar homes, vacations and other privileges , then they can give “life” advice to those of us who actually have to work at home the way they pretend to live ! 

• Love 8

Another day meant another day of Jenna butchering the English. The worst part is she was a school teacher. Her maternity leave can’t dome soon enough. I’m guessing Hoda and Jenna will have a two to four week reunion before Jenna goes on leave. Then Hoda will have the same co-host besties on that Jenna had.....Savannah, Maria et all. Next week will probably be mostly taped shows because the morning show host must head to The Hamptons and they can’t actuality work live for the week. The struggle is real. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Well, this is really sad.  I'm watching Jenna and Maria and I look at the clock.  It's 10:08 and I honestly think the clock is wrong because it seems like the show has been on forever.  It's only been 8 minutes.

• LOL 5

Why do they call it “Hoda’s Morning boost” when I’m 99.9% sure it’s people behind the scenes picking these video clips out for her, & now she’s not even there but still gets the credit!

Just like her “quotes of the day” - it’s other people’s words but she gets to sound like she’s wise.

and her “where we belong” book, full of other peoples stories. 

She’s made a career out of using other peoples words to make herself famous.

• Love 7

So, if I am understanding how this week went:

Jenna made a comment about how Hoda will FaceTime her when she's drunk

Jenna is asking guests their preference for style of underwear

Jenna is referring to people who work for Maria or herself as the little people

Jenna's microphone isn't working so she is screaming

Jenna is still talking over people

Did I miss anything?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

So, if I am understanding how this week went:

Jenna made a comment about how Hoda will FaceTime her when she's drunk

Jenna is asking guests their preference for style of underwear

Jenna is referring to people who work for Maria or herself as the little people

Jenna's microphone isn't working so she is screaming

Jenna is still talking over people

Did I miss anything?

You missed Jenna insulting Maria Shriver every second. Maria would tell Jenna something off air about herself and then Maria would feign shock and dismay and they basically deny it when Jenna would mention on air. Maria likes to come off as pure, innocent, strong & brave & blah, blah, blah! She’s a rich phony. So, while it wasn’t really Jenna’s fault per se it was dumb of Maria for blabbing stuff to Jenna about herself. Most of it was perfectly innocent but Maria was offended that Jenna (or anyone) would say it on air. Too funny!

• Love 1

I like when Willie host. He isn’t annoying like Hoda & Jenna. It’s July and I haven’t heard of any return date for Hoda. Isn’t Jenna due in August? At this rate they might host together for a day and then say Hi/Bye.  

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I like when Willie host. He isn’t annoying like Hoda & Jenna. It’s July and I haven’t heard of any return date for Hoda. Isn’t Jenna due in August? At this rate they might host together for a day and then say Hi/Bye.  

Ann curry was such a professional, even Natalie is capable of being an adult and do her job. Why oh why do they feel the need to have Hoda?? Seriously what is it that makes her so indispensable? I would like her to call it a day and go raise her kids. Come back when they are grown. Oh, never mind, Hoda will be nearly 80 years old then. But seriously, I realize Jenna is only there because of her last name, but there are tons of talented people who could do Hoda’s job better. Why hoda?????

• Love 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

Ann curry was such a professional, even Natalie is capable of being an adult and do her job. Why oh why do they feel the need to have Hoda?? Seriously what is it that makes her so indispensable? I would like her to call it a day and go raise her kids. Come back when they are grown. Oh, never mind, Hoda will be nearly 80 years old then. But seriously, I realize Jenna is only there because of her last name, but there are tons of talented people who could do Hoda’s job better. Why hoda?????

The majority of it that she was around and available the day Matt was fired. They needed another woman and Hoda was already doing it. She was filling in when either Matt or Savannah were out. Love it or hate it Hoda & KLG made something out of that 10am hour where others had failed. That’s Why Hoda??? Now, they couldn’t get rid of her if they wanted to because of the rating wars with GMA & to a lesser extent CBS aka Gayle King. If they just didn’t have to hear about her miracle children I would be fine. I know the minute she returns that’s all that will be talked about at the 7am hour and the 10am hour. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Oh, no.  Ann was horrible.  I'll take Hoda over Ann Curry any day.

Sadly, I have to agree.  As bad as Hoda is, Ann Curry was much, much worse.  Besides, it would piss off Brad Pitt if they brought her back. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/2/2019 at 8:09 AM, Haleth said:

Oh, no.  Ann was horrible.  I'll take Hoda over Ann Curry any day.

I always found  Ann annoying , but she isn’t dumb like Hoda, and she can read news and appear as an intelligent journalist when needed .

Ann also wasn’t constantly babbling about herself and making everything about her !

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 7
(edited)

What happened to Jeff Rossen? This is his prime fear-mongering season, between shark attacks & firework safety!

Edited by Mrsjumbo
Edited for spelling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Why do they consider it necessary to find a catch-phrase?

Why is everything done at a yell?

Why did JBH never learn to pronounce t's in the middle of words correctly (they always come out d's, which is peculiar)?

• Love 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, answerphone said:

I love reading the snark, but I'm switching gears a bit.

Who can explain the facts about Bobbie Thomas's husband's severe stroke?

She kept it pretty quiet - I believe he had it in early April.  He is only 40 years old, limited mobility but improving.  He is in rehabilitation.  I looked it up to see if there were any changes - looks like he is home:)

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 4

Bobbie Thomas was on a few weeks ago and talked about her husband's stroke.

I always liked her, and like her even more now that I see her at a parade with her husband and little boy.  She has a full plate, but still feels grateful for her family.

They should have her on more, and give her enough time to finish her segments.  She's always interesting and they're always rushing her and talking over her.

I guess they do that to everyone though.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Why do Sheinelle, Al and Craig always treat Dylan like she's dumb?  The woman's a meteorologist, so, she's obviously not, but, they all seem to talk down to her.

And honestly sheinelle doesn’t always come across as the sharpest tool in the shed. 

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

And honestly sheinelle doesn’t always come across as the sharpest tool in the shed. 

That's what I was thinking.  And, Al is luckier than he is talented.

• Love 4

My cable company has dropped NBC, so goodbye Today show! I have to find another mindless morning show to watch while I wash dishes & fold laundry. It would probably be CBS, but I can’t stand Oprah’s “best friend” Gayle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2