Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

The other thing about these over sharing celebrities is that, while they're busy responding to internet trolls, 99.99% of the population really doesn't care about their personal lives.  Like @marmalade said, we just want to be entertained or informed.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, marmalade said:

Now Katie Lee from the Food Network posted a long Instagram post about her infertility issues too !

I am so so tired of women who are hitting 40 and now want to start having  kids naturally, being so shocked that they are having a hard time! Reality is,  you are past your ideal time to get pregnant biologically speaking , which is in your 20’s.

No it isn’t fair that men get to be old farts and marry women young enough to be their daughters and father another family , but it’s not like their bodies have to go through a lot to have a baby !

It amazes me that intelligent , educated women are surprised that they will have a hard time after they get closer to 40 when they went to get pregnant.  

It does suck because I think s women who is older and has more education and life experience is much more ready to be a mom, but sometimes it physically can’t happen .

I guess I’m tired of every celebrity or host feeling a need to tell us every little thing about their personal lives because some idiots on Instagram make insensitive comments about them looking pregnant or asking them why they have no children, or not more children.

I have an Idea, ignore the comments and don’t feel pressured to share anything or explain yourself !

If someone chooses to share their problems , that is one thing, but more and more these public figures do not know how to just ignore stupid comments or not over share !

Pink was all upset because idiots on Instagram attacked her for pictures of her kids . Well, she stupidly posted pictures of them without diapers and naked . Wtf was she thinking ? Does she not know those weirdos could be a problem for her kids if she did that ?  Now she had to go to Ellen to cry about it ! Just stick to singing and have some common sense when posting pictures and stop being a martyr beside you  didn’t even respect your kids’ privacy !

I miss the days when people didn’t feel  a need to share every thing about themselves on tv or social media ! I don’t look to celebrities to tell me how to handle life, and I wish they would just stick to doing their jobs and entertain or inform us ! 

Absolutely!!!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

The other thing about these over sharing celebrities is that, while they're busy responding to internet trolls, 99.99% of the population really doesn't care about their personal lives.  Like @marmalade said, we just want to be entertained or informed.

Perhaps read a book?

13 minutes ago, CatsAndMoreCats said:

Perhaps read a book?

I don't know if you were being snarky, but in addition to reading there's nothing wrong with being entertained or informed. 

• Love 1

A lot of women make the mistake of thinking that just because they “feel” young and look young they should be able to conceive no problem. Too much of the “50 is the new 30” and “40 is the new 20” nonsense. No it’s not. Your body doesn’t care that you look and/or feel 20 years younger. Your biological clock is still ticking even if you’re “ageless” like Today show teacher’s pet Jennifer Lopez. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Too much of the “50 is the new 30” and “40 is the new 20” nonsense. No it’s not.

So much this.  Women are given a false sense of security regarding fertility imo.  We see women in their late 40's having children and are lulled into thinking they can get pregnant at any age.  This is not the case, even with fertility treatments.  There are far more failures than successes.  We don't know if that 40-something preggo is using a donor egg, or froze her own eggs ten years ago, or underwent years of fertility treatments, etc.  I am happy Dylan and others are sharing their stories so people know the reality it that can be very difficult to get pregnant after a certain age, even if you are otherwise healthy.  Although technically it may be possible to get pregnant at these advanced ages, it is highly improbable and this shouldn't be sugarcoated.  

• Love 4

I'm really enjoying much of the 10:00 hour now that Queen KLG has departed.

And I'm guessing Hoda is naturally goofy and giddy, but controls herself in a professional manner when necessary.  This is her time to let loose.

• Love 1
On 4/28/2019 at 5:12 AM, HyeChaps said:

Hoda who?  I like Craig with Savannah. 

I like Craig and thought he should have got the job over Hoda.  He is very professional, can be goofy at times, has a great sense of humor and is such a gentleman.  Whenever one of the gals is climbing into their chair, he holds it for them and he also makes sure everyone is taken care of.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I like Craig and thought he should have got the job over Hoda.  He is very professional, can be goofy at times, has a great sense of humor and is such a gentleman.  Whenever one of the gals is climbing into their chair, he holds it for them and he also makes sure everyone is taken care of.

Yes I love Craig...and Willie. 

• Love 3

Wow! Hoda is a real piece of work !  Meredith goes to her home to visit the new baby and Hoda just leaves the room and tells her the baby is taking a nap, and doesn’t say good bye , no “thanks for coming “, she just walks out of the room and that’s it?

Then Jenna shares that Hoda goes to parties with friends and leaves without telling them, and at times if someone leaves something in her car she texts them later and tells them to come to her apartment to pick up there belongings?

WTF kind of social skills does Hoda have? How rude and ignorant is Hoda ?  

I thought she went to parties by herself and just slipped out when she told her stories . But now we find out she just leaves her so called friends and doesn’t let them know she’s leaving , even if she drives them to an event?

The more I know about Hoda the less I like her . Not only is she not too bright, but she is a self absorbed person with no social skills .  

• Love 17
11 hours ago, orangekit said:

Wow! Hoda is a real piece of work !  Meredith goes to her home to visit the new baby and Hoda just leaves the room and tells her the baby is taking a nap, and doesn’t say good bye , no “thanks for coming “, she just walks out of the room and that’s it?

Then Jenna shares that Hoda goes to parties with friends and leaves without telling them, and at times if someone leaves something in her car she texts them later and tells them to come to her apartment to pick up there belongings?

I thought she went to parties by herself and just slipped out when she told her stories . But now we find out she just leaves her so called friends and doesn’t let them know she’s leaving , even if she drives them to an event?

The more I know about Hoda the less I like her . Not only is she not too bright, but she is a self absorbed person with no social skills .  

For whatever reason, it's called "the Irish Goodbye" (something to do with funerals, I believe???), and she's talked about how this is something she just does to avoid awkwardness.  Doesn't make it right.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, orangekit said:

I was shocked when Meredith and Jenna talked about Hoda leaving her guests in her house and not letting them know she wasn’t coming back and leaving her friends at parties and then asking them to pick up their belongings left in her car !

She’s either socially stupid or a selfish idiot! I think she or probably both !

I used to really like Hoda. Then she just kept saying dumb things and her stupidity was grating!  

Then came every life event of Hoda’s needing to turn into the focus of the Today show, a book, and constant segments ! 

This behavior of her’s with her friends just makes me think she’s a selfish person whose “nice and caring” persona is mostly bull!

She shares every poop and dumb thing that her baby does , but her dog disappears and there is mention of him!  She is such an idiot she probably never taught her baby not to hurt the dog when playing , the dog probably did something like defend itself and Hoda probably had the dog put down !

She is very much a self promoting fake IMO.

It looks like her PR team  is working  over time and got her the cover of People with her babies with a headline about her family - but no picture or Joel in the family cover !  She of course has her huge open mouth fake shark smile ! Ugh ! 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Dakisela said:

For whatever reason, it's called "the Irish Goodbye" (something to do with funerals, I believe???), and she's talked about how this is something she just does to avoid awkwardness.  Doesn't make it right.

I have never heard of that BS and I am half Irish with family from Ireland ! I have Irish friends and we make it a point to stick together at parties and also not leave each other ! And why does Hoda Who talks about being g Egyptian all the time feel it is necessary to follow an Irish superstition?

It’s a good excuse to be rude and ignorant for sure ! 

I think it’s more like she wants to do what she feels like doing and not have to wait around saying good bye because she’s a selfish person!  

What kind of friend makes their friend go back to their house and pick up something  they left in her car because she had to leave ? Not to mention her friends have to find their own way home because selfish Hoda just feels like leaving ? I’d never hang out with s person like that ! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Popcorn22 said:

It looks like her PR team  is working  over time and got her the cover of People with her babies with a headline about her family - but no picture or Joel in the family cover !  She of course has her huge open mouth fake shark smile ! Ugh ! 

619401.jpg.c4f89114ffe164c04e60f61519638eab.jpg

WHY for the love of all that is holy, does she insist on making this face??!  I am not a violent person but that cover makes me feel awfully punchy.  And notice whatsherface's face.  She's doing it, too!!!  😩

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

I’ve always thought it was awfully rude of Hoda to not, at the very least, thank the host or hostess & say goodbye to them before she pulls her disappearing act at parties. Little did I know it was much worse with stranding whoever came with her, even if they had belongings in the car! 

Hearing about her behavior with Meredith was appalling. So rude!

• Love 8

On another note, I’m a big fan of the Police & Sting, but I thought he sounded awful the other day. He may brag that his voice is more “seasoned & rich” now that he’s aged, but he’s not fooling anyone.

• Love 6

I’ve heard of these so-called “Irish goodbyes” and always thought it was rude!  I have a close friend who is Irish and she does do this!  Hoda however takes it to another level with leaving her friends at parties when she was the one who drove??  How will they get home?  So strange!

About Merediths story, I have a similar one. My husband and I were visiting my brother in law and his wife. We went out to dinner and when we got home we chatted for a few minutes then they both separately went up to their room. They never said good night or see you tomorrow or whatever, so my husband and I thought they were coming back down. Nope!  After a few minutes we were like umm...did they just got to bed??  It was very awkward and rude. 

On another subject, does anyone else think Jenna and Meredith hate each other?  I don’t like their chemistry. They play it off like they’re “joking” but it seems a little too real. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

I’ve heard of these so-called “Irish goodbyes” and always thought it was rude!  I have a close friend who is Irish and she does do this!  Hoda however takes it to another level with leaving her friends at parties when she was the one who drove??  How will they get home?  So strange!

About Merediths story, I have a similar one. My husband and I were visiting my brother in law and his wife. We went out to dinner and when we got home we chatted for a few minutes then they both separately went up to their room. They never said good night or see you tomorrow or whatever, so my husband and I thought they were coming back down. Nope!  After a few minutes we were like umm...did they just got to bed??  It was very awkward and rude. 

On another subject, does anyone else think Jenna and Meredith hate each other?  I don’t like their chemistry. They play it off like they’re “joking” but it seems a little too real. 

Jenna comes off as sheltered, naïve, spoiled, etc.  Meredith is older, has had many life experiences and is more realistic.  I think sometimes she is just surprised at what Jenna says.

I mean, right now Jenna is stating in articles that she feels guilty having a baby cause Hoda wanted one and so does her sister.  I can understand the sister part, but feeling guilty cause a woman in her 50's has decided she now wants children is a bit much.  Why can't she just enjoy this pregnancy?

• Love 5

So, now there is an article out saying Hoda is considering adopting a THIRD child. Omg. I wonder if the Today people are thinking it is a mistake that she is in the anchor chair. I don't even watch anymore, but find her SO annoying. The endless open mouth. There will be even more endless baby/child talk. It seems the focus is all about Hoda. She comes across as very unprofessional.

I always found Meredith Viera to be a bit snarky. Her sense of humor sometimes is not my cup of tea. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

On another note, I’m a big fan of the Police & Sting, but I thought he sounded awful the other day. He may brag that his voice is more “seasoned & rich” now that he’s aged, but he’s not fooling anyone.

I thought he sounded awful too.

• Love 1

I was shocked to turn on Today and Jenna & Meredith were talking about Hoda adopting in People Magazine. Not!!!!! OMG!!!! Make.it.stop! Hoda could be out another 3 months. I think she was out 4 months before but she only had one show then. Jenna is over 5 months pregnant. Let’s put a nail in the coffin for this show. They might not be together for any length of time till the new year......if we’re lucky. It’s not like I miss KLG but the show is horrible with Jenna. She is soooooo dumb which is bad since Hoda is just as dumb. Jenna regurgitating Hoda’s adoption story again like it’s some miracle is nauseating. 

• Love 8

I read the Hoda adoption article in PEOPLE.  She comes across as not too bright. She says more than once that she didn't know her heart could actually expand to love more.  Like, she is kind of amazed by it.  Really? What a dumb thing to say.  Like you're going to run out of love.  Sorry baby #3 or #4, I'm tapped out. Honestly, I think she would wear me out in real life.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I read the Hoda adoption article in PEOPLE.  She comes across as not too bright. She says more than once that she didn't know her heart could actually expand to love more.  Like, she is kind of amazed by it.  Really? What a dumb thing to say.  Like you're going to run out of love.  Sorry baby #3 or #4, I'm tapped out. Honestly, I think she would wear me out in real life.

The old “I didn’t know I could love until I had a baby” thing is so old. I have kids and love them more than life but isn’t that understood? Celebs go-to when it comes to babies is that they are “over the moon” and “didn’t know I could love someone this way” which is almost always followed by “I didn’t know I had room to love another child” after baby 2. 

• Love 5

I enjoyed seeing Mrs. Laura Bush on Today, she has a very dry wit and seemed bemused by all the silliness going on around her.  Laura & Jenna re-told the story of why Jenna's cat now resides with Laura Bush.

• Love 1

How the heck did Hoda and KLG win an Emmy? Was I watching a different show because the one I saw (before deleting it from my dvr 6 months ago) was all Hoda laughing at something usually happening off camera, glamorizing drinking, baby this and that, fawning over Craig Ferguson, and preaching.  Is that the standard for “informative talk show”???

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

How the heck did Hoda and KLG win an Emmy? Was I watching a different show because the one I saw (before deleting it from my dvr 6 months ago) was all Hoda laughing at something usually happening off camera, glamorizing drinking, baby this and that, fawning over Craig Ferguson, and preaching.  Is that the standard for “informative talk show”???

Just shows you how low the standards are. TV, especially daytime, really sucks. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

I thought the same thing. Unbelievable that they won.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Jenna is sooooo dumb. She hosted with Willie today. They are talking about some pop art someone did of Willie. They talk a good 5 minutes about it while looking at the picture. Jenna then ask if he has it or seen it? Willie then says it’s right next to you on the table. It was litteraly inches away from her. She is the dumbest on air person ever.

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 5
On 5/6/2019 at 5:57 PM, ByaNose said:

Jenna Bush can’t read from a TelePrompTer. That’s all.

41 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Jenna is sooooo dumb. She hosted with Willie today. They are talking about some pop art someone did of Willie. They talk a good 5 minutes about it while looking at the picture. Jenna then ask if he has it or seen it? Will then says it’s right next to you on the table. It was litteraly inches away from her. She is the dumbest on air person ever.

It’s genetic !  She seems nice but clueless , just like her dad ! 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Last week when Jenna was on with Meredith, Jenna said she had boughten or broughten something and when Meredith questioned the word, Jenna got defensive.  

And Jenna was a teacher:)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Last week when Jenna was on with Meredith, Jenna said she had boughten or broughten something and when Meredith questioned the word, Jenna got defensive.  

I saw that, too. Meredith was looking at her like, "WTF"? She's a former teacher and working for a news network and used the word boughten. She is awful. It comes more obvious now because Hoda isn't there. Jenna was balancing out the Dumb & Dumb part but now she's just Dumb alone. I'm sure TPTB deep down inside aren't too happy about the Hoda adoption and Jenna pregnancy. I'm guessing Hoda will be back in Jenna's 8 or 9th month to show them together. Then Jenna should be gone about 3 months. If we're lucky.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I saw that, too. Meredith was looking at her like, "WTF"? She's a former teacher and working for a news network and used the word boughten. She is awful. It comes more obvious now because Hoda isn't there. Jenna was balancing out the Dumb & Dumb part but now she's just Dumb alone. I'm sure TPTB deep down inside aren't too happy about the Hoda adoption and Jenna pregnancy. I'm guessing Hoda will be back in Jenna's 8 or 9th month to show them together. Then Jenna should be gone about 3 months. If we're lucky.

It has “broughten” the show a lot of publicity😂

My mean opinion is that Jenna is riding on the coat tails of her grandparents - their popularity and the reactions to their passing.  TPTB rushed into their decision.

• Love 2

I don't know if it's a Southern thing or not but, unfortunately, I have heard some people in the south say "boughten," although it's been years since I've heard it.  Thank goodness.

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I don't know if it's a Southern thing or not but, unfortunately, I have heard some people in the south say "boughten," although it's been years since I've heard it.  Thank goodness.

That said, when I was a kid I used the word "brang" instead of the word "brought". I will use it in the form of a sentence. I brang my books to school today. I actually thought it was a word. I don't know where I got it from but I thought it was a word for a while as as a kid. I'm from the Northeast and have no idea where I got it from I'm 55 now and I out grew that shortly after using it. All of that said, Jenna is still dumb.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

All of that said, Jenna is still dumb.

Yes.  Yes, she is.

I'm sure I said some incorrect words when I was a kid, and that happens no matter what part of the country you're from.  However, as I got older and more educated, I realized that those words weren't correct.  Apparently, Jenna didn't. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Yes.  Yes, she is.

I'm sure I said some incorrect words when I was a kid, and that happens no matter what part of the country you're from.  However, as I got older and more educated, I realized that those words weren't correct.  Apparently, Jenna didn't. 

In thinking more about it I decided to Google brang. Apparently, I wasn't too far off. I was practically a genius as a kid and I didn't know it. LOL!!!!

In some dialects the past tense of “bring” is “brang,” and “brung” is the past participle; but in standard English both are “brought.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Jenna is just stupid  and very lucky she cams  from a rich oil family which  is also a huge political family .  With Hoda and Jenna, this show is unwatchable!  

The only thing better about Jenna is she seems real and like a nice person .  But  listening to her butcher the English language when she was supposedly a teacher is annoying ! And she’s just dumb in many other ways . 

Hoda on the other hand is also stupid , but she’s very much more of s self promoting fake. I can’t stomach her at all . She always had that annoying fake smile and when I heard how she treats her friends at her home and parties I like her even less !

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

Or about how special and magical her having kids has been.  Don’t forget she’s a mom! 

And her heart is full.  Never knew it could be that full.  

I'll tell you something though - when Haley and Hope get into their first fight, that will be interesting cause at this point Hoda thinks their relationship will be perfect with rainbows and unicorns along the way:)

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

Jenna and Savannah are talking about the deaths of her grandmother, Peggy Lipton and Doris Day and then Jenna says, "in other good news, Hoda's on the phone."  Umm.  What's wrong with this picture?

Also, if we're going to have to listen to Hoda talk on the phone about her experience as the only mother in the world, she might as well be at work.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Jenna and Savannah are talking about the deaths of her grandmother, Peggy Lipson and Doris Day and then Jenna says, "in other good news, Hoda's on the phone."  Umm.  What's wrong with this picture?

Also, if we're going to have to listen to Hoda talk on the phone about her experience as the only mother in the world, she might as well be at work.

Well, Hoda is the only Mother in the world. At least, that's what the Today show likes everyone to believe. I just can't with this show anymore.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Jenna and Savannah are talking about the deaths of her grandmother, Peggy Lipson and Doris Day and then Jenna says, "in other good news, Hoda's on the phone."  Umm.  What's wrong with this picture?

Once again Jenna shows her stupidity and her lack of ability to be anywhere near broadcasting! In “other good news??”  Does she know what the word “other “ means ?

Last week Diane Keaton wasn’t on according to Jenna, it was “Diane Keadon” ! Ugh! Why can she not pronounce the letter “t”?

No matter what region of the country you are from, when you are broadcaster you should try to pronounce words as they are written !  I am sure Kelly Ripa could have a New Jersey accent, and Ryan Seacrest is from Georgia, but they worked on not having an accent when acting or hosting a talk show ! 

And Hoda and her annoying phone calls are ridiculous! Just stay home and stop calling in with anecdotes every other minute ! She just can’t handle not being the center of the show !

Of course Hoda has to give stupid tidbit that is on social media about how the fixer upper people helped her with her latest baby. You would think it’s help with remodeling, but it’s some ridiculous thing about how she puts the baby down to sleep when their show is  in and the kid falls asleep ! Who cares ?!!

And once again there’s another Instagram shot of her and her shark teeth smile and the babies . Now little Hailey Joy has the same fake smile that Hoda has ! Ugh ! 

• Love 4