Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

48 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

Omg I saw that too! I can’t belIeve Jenna can be that clueless.  Can she?

She's a teacher, a writer, a reporter, a talk show host, loves to read - how is it possible that she never knew???  And I'm sure we will hear more about this on Monday.

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

how is it possible that she never knew???  

Perhaps because it's 1940s terminology?  Seventy years later, the millennials talk about periods and menopause.  And if your mother was an educator, and both your grandmothers actively supported Planned Parenthood, no one was whispering euphemisms and faux niceties.

She's not my cup of tea, but Jenna has never claimed to be barely more than a C Student. She also seems to know that she benefited greatly from a Bush Curve.  She knows her way around keggers and mama-hood.  Didn't her father once crack that "we don't need no book learning"? (OK, I may be confusing GWB with Will Ferrell).

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Jenna is nice, but between her and Hoda and their sappy conversations, and also their stupidity, the show is now painful and unwatchable. The  dumb comments,  mispronounced words , and bad grammar from both of them  is cringeworthy !    

Irs obvious that Jenna has her  jobs because she is a Bush, and it seems like the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree as far as her intelligence level and verbal skills are concerned ! But like her family, I may find her cringeworthy, but she seems like a decent , and kind person .

When it comes to hosting the show , one airhead host is bad enough, but “Dumb and Dumber” is just too much ! 

Hopefully Hoda will want to sit home with Hope and Halley and limit her on air time to the morning news with equally sappy Savannah .  I think Meredith would be great on the fourth  hour , and it counteracts the low IQ and incompetence  of Jenna! 

Jenna just isn’t up to hosting the show, but with Meredith she is actually not as bad because she follows Meredith’s lead . 

I also wonder how Hoda got as far as she has in broadcasting with her poor grammar, lack of intelligence and goofy behavior .  I wonder if she mostly did scripted nees she shows , and there was limited amount of add libbing .  

• Love 6

They can keep Jenna in the show  because her level of goofiness I can handle. However they need to balance her out with someone more mature than giggling little girl Hoda. I think Hoda is beyond salvageable at this point.  She’s too far off in the land of silly little girl giggles mixed with obnoxious wide-eyed new mommy (none of these attributes are attractive in a 50 something year old woman)

Willie, Craig, even Dylan would be a better matching with Jenna.  There needs to be an adult in the room on this show!

• Love 9

When Hoda was doing the interviews with the Columbine anniversary folk she was toned down and quite tolerable.

I don't understand why they need to foster this attitude (even in the first hour) of "we're going to be LIVELY-LIVELY-LIVELY or die trying". 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, OpalNightstream said:

They can keep Jenna in the show  because her level of goofiness I can handle. However they need to balance her out with someone more mature than giggling little girl Hoda. I think Hoda is beyond salvageable at this point.  She’s too far off in the land of silly little girl giggles mixed with obnoxious wide-eyed new mommy (none of these attributes are attractive in a 50 something year old woman)

Willie, Craig, even Dylan would be a better matching with Jenna.  There needs to be an adult in the room on this show!

Dylan is fine as long as she isn't with Sheinelle all the time.  When Al or Craig is introducing a segment, that isn't the time to have a conversation with each other.  They will also play off of one another when one gets snarky or confrontational.  

I think the fact that Wille, Craig, Natalie, Meredith, Carson, etc have lots of on air journalistic experience has helped them.  They don't get "goofy."  They maintain their professionalism, and they probably just aren't used to talking about kids/pets/spouse, etc so easily.  

It's funny reading the comments on social media.  One person said that at first she thought she wasn't going to miss KLG, but after watching a few days of the new format, she really misses the "maturity" level of the old show.  And there are quite a few comments about the giggling, laughing, etc.  I wonder if it will settle down.  I had made a comment in an earlier post about KLG leaving, Jenna arriving and maybe the show would settle down.  But now that I know there is a new baby - it may not be for a really, really, really long time.

• Love 2

OMG! Every time I click on any social media there is the same pictures of Hoda with giant mouth , grinning with the baby and either someone from the Today show or someone from her family ! And Hoda can’t just post one picture for Easter, she had to post multiple pictures today of coloring eggs, her mother , Joel and of course some corny quote ! 

And Hailey is already doing the giant fake smile  time  like her mom !

Every picture Hoda posts is then reposted by Jenna, the Today show, and even People reposted a picture !

I just do not get what it is about Hoda adopting a baby that is such a miraculous event!  It’s not like she’s a big celebrity or as if Harry and Meghan had their baby ! 

I think that Hoda posting so much and talking endlessly about anything she does  creates her own publicity! She didn’t even need a publicist ! She is the biggest self promoter I have ever seen ! 

• Love 6

I was thinking last week Jenna might be pregnant since she looked like she had a bit of a bump. I also thought the same about Savannah though because she’s been extra sappy lately so what do I know...

Speaking of Savannah, do her necklaces annoy anyone??  They are always all tangled around her little microphone and look a mess. Just me!?    

• Love 2

Maybe Jenna’s pregnancy won’t be as bad without sappy Hoda by her side .

Hopefully Hoda takes a very nice, long parental leave , and then decides  to not stay on the fourth hour !

I used to think that GMA was so irritating with their over the top pretend friendships and giggling and joking through the “news”, but lately the Today show is filled with contrived “family “ BS! 

After the Matt Lauer fiasco ,  I think that NBC is working overtime to put on this sappy, wholesome,  “we are family”, image, and it’s nauseating.

The women come across as hormonal , sappy, childish bimbos, who can’t handle reading an emotional news story without  crying and losing it on the air . They also giggle like middle school girls and are so sappy!

Anorher thing I have noticed is how the women anchors look so unprofessional ,  especially on the Today show .

It’s one thing for the women in the fourth hour to wear dresses that show their spanks, or outfits  that look like little girl party dresses , or something you would wear when going out to a club, but when need anchors do it it looks super tacky !

The men are all dressed in their suits and ties, and the women look  and act like silly little girls.

i don’t think women need to look like men and wear suits, but wearing nice outfits that don’t show  so much skin, and are made for daytime, but still pretty , along with acting like adults , would be a nice change .

• Love 10

Enough of the constantly pregnancy , infertility, adoption , baby and children stories !  

They need to remanme the Today show to the Mommy Show! So boring and annoying !

I remember when Bobbie Thomas had her fertility issues . They had segments about the infertility and treatment, and it was informative and emotional, but it wasn’t talked about in every freaking hour and segment and all over social medial in repeated posts !

It seems like since Hoda came on the show, whatever issue she is facing dominates every single hour of Today , until she has a new life experience!  First it was non stop cancer talk, books and celebrities doing music videos . Now it’s all about adoption and babies !

is this all Today thinks women think about ?

The sad part is, Dylan’s secondary infertility is an issue many people don’t know about , but the overload of Hoda baby talk makes one more pregnancy or baby story too much ! 

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, orangekit said:

Enough of the constantly pregnancy , infertility, adoption , baby and children stories !  

They need to remanme the Today show to the Mommy Show! So boring and annoying !

I remember when Bobbie Thomas had her fertility issues . They had segments about the infertility and treatment, and it was informative and emotional, but it wasn’t talked about in every freaking hour bad segment and all over social medial in repeated posts !

It seems like since Hoda came on the show, whatever issue she is facing dominates every single hour of Today , until she has a new life experience!  First it was non stop cancer talk, books and celebrities doing music videos . Now it’s all about adoption and babies !

is this all Today thinks women think about ?

The sad part is, Dylan’s secondary infertility is an issue many people don’t know about , but the overload of Hoda baby talk makes one more pregnancy or baby story too much ! 

AMEN TO THAT! Call the Today Show Romper Room.

• Love 7

I tuned in during the 8-8:30 block this morning and Jenna had just announced her pregnancy.  She was talking about how they are in shock and that husband Henry was terrified, but that they are happy. "Going to have a houseful." I thought she must be having multiples the way she was carrying on about how they were so crazy but happy.  Then to find out, no, it's just one baby.  She's already had two and she undoubtedly has help and can afford whatever she needs, what is so overwhelming?  Oh, the drama of it all.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I thought the timing was awful this morning with Dylan's planned segments on her miscarriage and infertility and Jenna announcing her pregnancy.  I get that Dylan's would've been planned and Jenna felt like she needed to  announce it because her girls were telling everyone, but it could've waited a day.  She's not that famous.  I would think that she would've known about Dylan's struggle since Jenna waited 5.5 months to say anything.  Jenna and Hoda won't be hosting their show together much this year between babies.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

I thought the timing was awful this morning with Dylan's planned segments on her miscarriage and infertility and Jenna announcing her pregnancy.  I get that Dylan's would've been planned and Jenna felt like she needed to  announce it because her girls were telling everyone, but it could've waited a day.  She's not that famous.  I would think that she would've known about Dylan's struggle since Jenna waited 5.5 months to say anything.  Jenna and Hoda won't be hosting their show together much this year between babies.

I agree. It took a lot of strength for Dylan to tell her story and smile and say how happy she was for Jenna and Hoda.  Very ill timed, however and Jenna is starting to annoy. Talks too much and too loud.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Hope Jenna has stopped smoking during her pregnancy.

She smokes?!  Did not know that!  Although I know that Laura Bush smoked when she was First Lady, don't know if she quit.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

She smokes?!  Did not know that!  Although I know that Laura Bush smoked when she was First Lady, don't know if she quit.

Wow, that is news to me. Never have seen a paparazzi pic of her smoking.  

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Wow, that is news to me. Never have seen a paparazzi pic of her smoking.  

Yes, there were pictures of Daily Mail, I think last winter. She and her husband were meeting friends for dinner and she was shown puffing away outside the restaurant. The pictures came out around the time it was rumored she would take over Kathie Lee's spot, but long before it was official.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Yes, there were pictures of Daily Mail, I think last winter. She and her husband were meeting friends for dinner and she was shown puffing away outside the restaurant. The pictures came out around the time it was rumored she would take over Kathie Lee's spot, but long before it was official.

You are remembering correctly as I saw them, too.  It was around the time her sister got hitched in October.  Actually, I just quickly googled and here's video of it. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1781972/Video-Today-host-Jenna-Bush-puffs-cigarette-outside-TriBeCa.html

Edited by Cementhead
Added link.
  • Love 2

Just watching today’s show. It’s a miracle. Jenna is pregnant.......for the 3 rd time. Wait! This isn’t a miracle. It happens to most woman everyday. So, she is 5 months pregnant and we have another 4 months to hear about this miracle pregnancy. Then we have Hoda who will return and discuss her miracle adoption for the next 20 years. I might have to take take this show off my season pass. Free Blake!!!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I'm old enough to remember the first-run episodes of the original Murphy Brown.  When she got pregnant, everyone freaked.  Murphy freaked.  Frank freaked.  And of course Miles freaked because that's what Miles does. lolol  But then Murphy went home and told Eldin.  He looked at her.  He smiled.  He said, "This is a good thing!"

I'm not a baby/kid person.  Actually I can't stand kids.  But for those who choose to bring them into this world and do their best to raise them with love and stability and all the things that will allow them to be happy and productive human beings, "This is a good thing!"

It pained me to see that Jenna felt guilty about her wonderful news.  Sure, it's awkward timing in terms of her new role on the fourth hour.  And sure, Henry is terrified.  It's a major life change.  But why not focus on all the wonderful possibilities of what this new child will bring with him/her?  Let's all celebrate!

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, CatsAndMoreCats said:

I'm old enough to remember the first-run episodes of the original Murphy Brown.  When she got pregnant, everyone freaked.  Murphy freaked.  Frank freaked.  And of course Miles freaked because that's what Miles does. lolol  But then Murphy went home and told Eldin.  He looked at her.  He smiled.  He said, "This is a good thing!"

I'm not a baby/kid person.  Actually I can't stand kids.  But for those who choose to bring them into this world and do their best to raise them with love and stability and all the things that will allow them to be happy and productive human beings, "This is a good thing!"

It pained me to see that Jenna felt guilty about her wonderful news.  Sure, it's awkward timing in terms of her new role on the fourth hour.  And sure, Henry is terrified.  It's a major life change.  But why not focus on all the wonderful possibilities of what this new child will bring with him/her?  Let's all celebrate!

I love Murphy Brown!!!!!  I loved when she was in labor in the hospital room - hilarious:)

I'm on the West Coast, so I will usually go to the Today app to see what's on the show.  I see the story about Jenna expecting, and then I see the story about Dylan.  Then I go to Instagram and see all the negative comments directed at Jenna and the Today show producers for their timing.  No matter how it was handled, it would have been a difficult day or week.  And I believe Jenna had a miscarriage, so she understands.

Now I see that Carson is under fire for joking about the "water" around NBC and being insensitive to Dylan, when we all know that the last thing he would do is hurt her feelings.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 1

“I used to think that GMA was so irritating with their over the top pretend friendships and giggling and joking through the “news”, but lately the Today show is filled with contrived “family “ BS! 

After the Matt Lauer fiasco ,  I think that NBC is working overtime to put on this sappy, wholesome,  “we are family”, image, and it’s nauseating.”

Exactly. That is why you can expect them to have a round table discussion at some restaurant around Mother’s Day with all of them imparting their motherly wisdom to each other since they are “best friends”. Then it will be the guys turn on Fathers Day. Gag.

i think what I hate most is that they have made THEMSELVES  the story instead of reporting the news & informative segments.

Edited by Mrsjumbo
Clarity
  • Love 6

Well, just keep in mind that this slot used to be occupied by Megyn Kelly.  So it could be worse. 

Some of these folks really are real-life friends.  Chatting about each others' lives is what they would do, on-camera or off.

Me, I'm going to continue believing that "This is a good thing!"  (R.I.P., Eldin/Robert)

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

Then it will be the guys turn on Fathers Day. Gag.

They did those Mother's Day/Father's Day get togethers when Matt was still on the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83oPfiC0nWQ

The hosts have been sappy and buddy-buddy for years, before creepy Matt got the boot.  Remember how people used to laugh at how silly Today's Take was when it was obvious Natalie and Tamron couldn't stand each other? 

Talking about their lives and children has been the normal on Today for at least 6 years, maybe longer.

I don’t mind the friendship angle the show takes. I do mind how “special” everything is whenever it happens to one of them. Everything is so precious with their kids. Their lives are all so ”crazy”. Yeah well try being one of the regular folks. Stop talking to us like we don’t know what it’s like to have jobs AND kids. We also have the burden of having to worry about paying for our kids college, stressing about getting them to and fro all while also cooking and cleaning. 

We all love our kids. We know you love yours. Can we just leave it at that?

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

I don’t mind the friendship angle the show takes. I do mind how “special” everything is whenever it happens to one of them. Everything is so precious with their kids. Their lives are all so ”crazy”. Yeah well try being one of the regular folks. Stop talking to us like we don’t know what it’s like to have jobs AND kids. We also have the burden of having to worry about paying for our kids college, stressing about getting them to and fro all while also cooking and cleaning. 

We all love our kids. We know you love yours. Can we just leave it at that?

I really think the sappy factor has been raised since the scandal. They were  always friendly and friends (supposedly), but now they act like every life event needs to be talked about ad nauseam !

I am so tired of celebrities on talk shows especially pretending to be so “normal “, when they are no way dealing with what a normal person deals with when they are infertile , pregnant , or raising kids .

It they are infertile, they at least have the financial ability to try to get help , average people don’t always have that option . They also can have s lot to help to raise their kids do they have careers and take several vacations a year.

Money doesn’t make everything perfect, but it makes life way easier when you don’t have to take out a mortgage to send your kid to college , and you can de stress on some island when you have a miscarriage or some other stressful life event !  

• Love 6

Since when is a miscarriage when you are close to 40 years old, and already have a baby or two , now a big  crisis or infertility?

Are people now just expecting babies on demand ? My mom had a miscarriage between her third and fourth babies and then didn’t get pregnant again for 7 years !

I very much understand wanting a child and how heartbreaking it can be to nor be able to conceive,  but no one is guaranteed pregnancy or as many children as they desire.  And sadly, miscarriages are very common.

it just seems like people now want to delay pregnancies until they are in their 30’s, which I totally relate to, but then as you get closer to 40, it can get more difficult to conceive. That is just biology . 

It just seems like people now can not handle getting exactly what they want, including the number of children and when they want them to come.

I am not saying  miscarriage isn’t heartbreaking, I know all too well how hard it is, but  it seems like couples now can not accept the fact that they may only have one or two children, especially if you wait to get pregnant .

I was lucky to have one child since I have health problems and hormone imbalances.   My baby was very premature and thankfully is doing very well now physically and academically! 

Maybe it’s because I am am thankful the one baby actually lived when I was told I couldn’t get pregnant at all , but I am very tired of tv personalities and celebrities when they act like it is a crisis not to have the exact number of children they desire.

Alec Baldwin’s wife has four children with him under the age of 6.  She miscarried her latest baby less than 7 months after her latest baby was born.

Any miscarriage is sad, but how about being happy you have four healthy babies and the ability to have a career and live very well , because you have the means to do so?

No one is guaranteed health, family or babies in life. In fact , nothing is guaranteed.

I think that now because of medical advances and the “on demand” lifestyle ,  people, especially those with money  and the means to get whatever they want in life, have a hard time handling disappointment, or not getting what they wish for, so it’s suddenly a news story , when everyday people have to  learn to accept that you can not always control nature .

I am sure a Hoda is a good mom and a nice person, Jenna seems sweet too, and  I am sure Dylan is having a hard time dealing with being unable to conceive again, and some sharing of issues helps other women who feel alone with their challenges .

But, I  think that now this reality TV era means that everyone has to share every little thing to the point of becoming irritating, especially if it involves Hoda !

Edited by Popcorn22
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Popcorn22 said:

Since when is a miscarriage when you are close to 40 years old, and already have a baby or two , now a big  crisis or infertility?

Are people now just expecting babies on demand ? My mom had a miscarriage between her third and fourth babies and then didn’t get pregnant again for 7 years !

I very much understand wanting a child and how heartbreaking it can be to nor be able to conceive,  but no one is guaranteed pregnancy or as many children as their desired. And sadly, miscarriages are very common.

it just seems like people now want to delay pregnancies until they are in their 30’s, which I totally relate to, but then as you get closer to 40, it can get more difficult to conceive. That is just biology . 

It just seems like people now can not handle getting exactly what they want, including the number of children and when they want them to come.

I am not saying  miscarriage isn’t heartbreaking, I know all too well how hard it is, but  it seems like couples now can not accept the fact that they may only have one or two children, especially if you wait to get pregnant .

I was lucky to have one child since I have health problems and hormone imbalances.   My baby was very premature and thankfully is doing very well now physically and academically! 

Maybe it’s because I am am thankful the one baby actually lived when I was told I couldn’t get pregnant at all , but I am very tired of tv personalities and celebrities when they act like it is a crisis not to have the exact number of children they desire.

Alec Baldwin’s wife has four children with him under the age of 6.  She miscarried her latest baby less than 7 months after her latest baby was born.

Any miscarriage is sad, but how about being happy you have four healthy babies and the ability to have a career and live very well , because you have the means to do so?

No one is guaranteed health, family or babies in life. In fact , nothing is guaranteed.

I think that now because of medical advances and the “on demand” lifestyle ,  people, especially those with money  and the means to get whatever they want in life, have a hard time handling disappointment, or not getting what they wish for, so it’s suddenly a news story , when everyday people have to  learn to accept that you can not always control nature .

I am sure a Hoda is a good mom and a nice person, Jenna seems sweet too, and  I am sure Dylan is having a hard time dealing with being unable to conceive again, and some sharing of issues helps other women who feel alone with their challenges .

But, I  think that now this reality TV era means that everyone has to share every little thing to the point of becoming irritating, especially if it involves Hoda !

Well said.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Popcorn22 said:

I very much understand wanting a child and how heartbreaking it can be to nor be able to conceive,  but no one is guaranteed pregnancy or as many children as their desired. And sadly, miscarriages are very common.

I, too, had to quote this entire post.  Well said.

• Love 1

Trying some imaginary math here.

-Maybe Hoda takes off three months and comes back mid June

-Jenna is due mid July,  goes on leave early July and comes back early Oct

That leaves only two weeks of them together until October.

However, with the constant on air phone calls and videos, it will be like neither of them ever left! If you thought it was going to be a baby show with only Hoda's new kid, get ready...…..it will now be the Baby Channel.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I'm so glad to watch the show again today and see Jenna & Meredith talking about Jenna's pregnancy.......again! <sarcasm>. OMG! Make it stop! Now, Dylan is brave because she wrote about her issues. Really? How about keeping it within your own family. Not everyone needs to know everything.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Trying some imaginary math here.

-Maybe Hoda takes off three months and comes back mid June

-Jenna is due mid July,  goes on leave early July and comes back early Oct

That leaves only two weeks of them together until October.

However, with the constant on air phone calls and videos, it will be like neither of them ever left! If you thought it was going to be a baby show with only Hoda's new kid, get ready...…..it will now be the Baby Channel.

I have a really really bad feeling that Hoda is only going to take a couple of weeks off for a couple of reasons because she wants all the fake love and she is afraid that someone could take her job.

I used to like Hoda until she took over the hosting duties of the Today show.  She only got this gig because the Today show saw a spike in ratings and it was a kneejerk reaction and plus they thought oh we aren't the bad network that ignores and treats women badly so we will have her co host.  I hate her and every couple of days I tell NBC feedback about how much I and others hate her.  I hate her almost as much as I hate Meghan McCain.  At least with Meghan McCain she has more issues then anything but at least she does not say oh I love you to this person and I love you to that person well except to her dad.  Hoda is the fakest person ever.  Whenever she is on I flip to GMA or CBS or CNN because she is StupidI like to think of myself as I loving person but I am human and I would never say I love you to random people.

I also do like Savannah as I think she also has the fakest smile well almost next to Hoda.  

I said this in another post awhile back but I love the chemistry that Craig, Sheinelle and Dylan have and I saw a brief interview with Craig when it was the year end on weekend Today show and Craig was saying how much he missed Sheinelle and Dylan and said you don't realize how much you miss something until its gone but he caught himself and said he was enjoying the weekday Today show with Savannah and Hoda - I do not buy it because Hoda and Savannah remind me of the Mean Girls and they are know Craig should be the co host with his intelligence okay getting back to Craig, Sheinelle and Dylan you can actually tell the chemistry, friendship and love is realize and for the most part Al as sometimes a cranky person with power.

Craig is an intelligent person who can interview and knows a variety of topics especially politics and I buy him as a family man.  I loved it when they surprised him with his brother Ryan who lost his daughter a couple years ago.

Ok I am sorry I am rambling so heres to having Hoda leave the Today Show - forever!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, 1SimonMom said:

I have a really really bad feeling that Hoda is only going to take a couple of weeks off for a couple of reasons because she wants all the fake love and she is afraid that someone could take her job.

I used to like Hoda until she took over the hosting duties of the Today show.  She only got this gig because the Today show saw a spike in ratings and it was a kneejerk reaction and plus they thought oh we aren't the bad network that ignores and treats women badly so we will have her co host.  I hate her and every couple of days I tell NBC feedback about how much I and others hate her.  I hate her almost as much as I hate Meghan McCain.  At least with Meghan McCain she has more issues then anything but at least she does not say oh I love you to this person and I love you to that person well except to her dad.  Hoda is the fakest person ever.  Whenever she is on I flip to GMA or CBS or CNN because she is StupidI like to think of myself as I loving person but I am human and I would never say I love you to random people.

I also do like Savannah as I think she also has the fakest smile well almost next to Hoda.  

I said this in another post awhile back but I love the chemistry that Craig, Sheinelle and Dylan have and I saw a brief interview with Craig when it was the year end on weekend Today show and Craig was saying how much he missed Sheinelle and Dylan and said you don't realize how much you miss something until its gone but he caught himself and said he was enjoying the weekday Today show with Savannah and Hoda - I do not buy it because Hoda and Savannah remind me of the Mean Girls and they are know Craig should be the co host with his intelligence okay getting back to Craig, Sheinelle and Dylan you can actually tell the chemistry, friendship and love is realize and for the most part Al as sometimes a cranky person with power.

Craig is an intelligent person who can interview and knows a variety of topics especially politics and I buy him as a family man.  I loved it when they surprised him with his brother Ryan who lost his daughter a couple years ago.

Ok I am sorry I am rambling so heres to having Hoda leave the Today Show - forever!

I would watch the 3rd hour if they got rid of Al Roker. Talk about someone with no talent and getting paid. I would watch if it was Sheinell, Craig, Dylan and Willie Geist.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I would watch the 3rd hour if they got rid of Al Roker. Talk about someone with no talent and getting paid. I would watch if it was Sheinell, Craig, Dylan and Willie Geist.

Al is a grandpa type who makes dad jokes. I feel like he doesn’t really add anything to the show and is famous for being famous at this point.  He’s not there enough to have him bug me nearly as much as Hoda bugs.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I'm so glad to watch the show again today and see Jenna & Meredith talking about Jenna's pregnancy.......again! <sarcasm>. OMG! Make it stop! Now, Dylan is brave because she wrote about her issues. Really? How about keeping it within your own family. Noteveryone needs to know everything.

I think Dylan did it cause she gets so many questions/comments on her social media accounts asking if she is pregnant, when is she going to get pregnant, you look good holding that baby, on and on and on.  Hopefully, this will stop most of the rude remarks.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think Dylan did it cause she gets so many questions/comments on her social media accounts asking if she is pregnant, when is she going to get pregnant, you look good holding that baby, on and on and on.  Hopefully, this will stop most of the rude remarks.

I like Dylan a lot , and I am not saying that she is not feeling pain because she can’t have another child , but I really don’t get the need to have to explain why you don’t get pregnant. 

I guess I just wish hosts didn’t feel a need to be so personal and sensitive to what a bunch of people say online.

It’s too bad that professional women , some very educated like Savannah, now have to  be giggling, childish, and explain why they don’t have babies or more babies ! I don’t see the men needing to answer why they don’t have more kids.

It’s almost like the women need to keep proving that no matter what , if they don’t keep having babies, they are not complete !  They have to  dress like little girls, not too professionally , and they have to act goofy like Hoda, and cry every other second .

Is it too threatening to viewers  if Dylan didn’t explain her situation , and they dare think that she is ok with one child? 

Is it too scary to see a woman not giggling like 10 year old or being able  to get through news story without crying ?

Women should not  have to be tough all the time, but they shouldn’t  have a show reduced to baby and fertility talk 7 days a week . 

Right now I ffwd over a lot of this constant baby talk . I love babies , but it’s boring .

And surprise surprise  - there are women who choose not be married or have babies, and they are no less female than women who have babies ! 

The contrived “family” of the Today show is bad enough, but right now they are so fixated on babies since Hoda adopted,  it’s dull  as can be ! 

Edited by Popcorn22
  • Love 5

I wonder if Hoda & Jenna gave the "Head Honchos" at NBC the "heads up" about their impending Motherhood?  I cant imagine why there is a 4th Hour called "Today with Hoda&Jenna" when both of them will be gone for weeks, or months?  Are they going to have an un-ending parade of Guest Hosts?  Its seems silly to have named both Hoda & Jenna as Hosts when they knew they were going to be gone.  They will be calling KLG to come back!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I wonder if Hoda & Jenna gave the "Head Honchos" at NBC the "heads up" about their impending Motherhood?  I cant imagine why there is a 4th Hour called "Today with Hoda&Jenna" when both of them will be gone for weeks, or months?  Are they going to have an un-ending parade of Guest Hosts?  Its seems silly to have named both Hoda & Jenna as Hosts when they knew they were going to be gone.  They will be calling KLG to come back!

Meredith and Natalie!!!  Oh, can you imagine Carson and Meredith?  That would be fun to watch.

• Love 5

Now Katie Lee from the Food Network posted a long Instagram post about her infertility issues too !

I am so so tired of women who are hitting 40 and now want to start having  kids naturally, being so shocked that they are having a hard time! Reality is,  you are past your ideal time to get pregnant biologically speaking , which is in your 20’s.

No it isn’t fair that men get to be old farts and marry women young enough to be their daughters and father another family , but it’s not like their bodies have to go through a lot to have a baby !

It amazes me that intelligent , educated women are surprised that they will have a hard time after they get closer to 40 when they went to get pregnant.  

It does suck because I think s women who is older and has more education and life experience is much more ready to be a mom, but sometimes it physically can’t happen .

I guess I’m tired of every celebrity or host feeling a need to tell us every little thing about their personal lives because some idiots on Instagram make insensitive comments about them looking pregnant or asking them why they have no children, or not more children.

I have an Idea, ignore the comments and don’t feel pressured to share anything or explain yourself !

If someone chooses to share their problems , that is one thing, but more and more these public figures do not know how to just ignore stupid comments or not over share !

Pink was all upset because idiots on Instagram attacked her for pictures of her kids . Well, she stupidly posted pictures of them without diapers and naked . Wtf was she thinking ? Does she not know those weirdos could be a problem for her kids if she did that ?  Now she had to go to Ellen to cry about it ! Just stick to singing and have some common sense when posting pictures and stop being a martyr beside you  didn’t even respect your kids’ privacy !

I miss the days when people didn’t feel  a need to share every thing about themselves on tv or social media ! I don’t look to celebrities to tell me how to handle life, and I wish they would just stick to doing their jobs and entertain or inform us ! 

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 12