Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, Popcorn22 said:

Jenna isn't as  annoying as Hoda , but her raspy voice when she is about to cry because something is “emotional “ is a bit over the top !

And did she inherit her grandmother’s wardrobe ? She is dressing like an old lady !

On the Hodaandjenna Insta story - Jenna said that she chooses her wardrobe.  She said that there have been a couple of comments on Insta about how she should fire her stylist, and SHE is her own stylist:)  I liked the clothes she wore on the old Today's Take - flowy blouses, skinny jeans, cute dresses - her boho style.  Now her style is very matronly.

I'm hoping that things calm down this next week.  We had KLG's last week celebration and Jenna's first week celebration.  Time to get back to work.  

59 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Hoda did her two weeks with Jenna & said, “Vacation please!” LOL!!!!

I hope she's on vacation.  Jenna might enjoy doing the show without Hoda hanging off her and laughing like she's drunk.  I realize they have always sat close to each other, but Hoda is just in her space.  And like we've all said before, constantly laughing.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I hope she's on vacation.  Jenna might enjoy doing the show without Hoda hanging off her and laughing like she's drunk.  I realize they have always sat close to each other, but Hoda is just in her space.  And like we've all said before, constantly laughing.

Jenna probably loved hosting with Savannah since they are really best friends. I agree that Hoda needs some time off to give Jenna some breathing room. She was just coming off of KLG second coming of Christ (last week) tour and then started right away with Jenna. Hopefully, she’ll get over the whole sitting in Jenna’s lap and host like a normal person. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I know Hoda has buckets of money and lots of help, but I cannot imagine wanting two tiny children when I am mid 50's. Her partner is in his 60's. Hoda will be in her 60's for high school and 70's for college. Joel (?) will be in his 80's. 

If Hoda was a non-celebrity, would adoption have been this easy for her, given her age?

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I know Hoda has buckets of money and lots of help, but I cannot imagine wanting two tiny children when I am mid 50's. Her partner is in his 60's. Hoda will be in her 60's for high school and 70's for college. Joel (?) will be in his 80's. 

If Hoda was a non-celebrity, would adoption have been this easy for her, given her age?

I knew a mom in my daughters preschool who was 53 with a 3 year old. I really thought she was the grandma for the longest time. Thank goodness I never said anything!

• LOL 2

Goodness, here I thought Hoda was taking some time off to rest & recuperate, now she has another baby?!  Congrats to her, but I cant imagine being a Mom of a new-born in my 50s!  I'm sure she has a nanny & help, but still....and I wonder what the "Head Honchos" at NBC said when she told them she was taking time off just as she is starting a new show?  Everyone on the show seems very happy for her, Savannah & Jenna were very weepy on the 4th Hour this morning...I wonder how long she will fill in?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I wonder what the "Head Honchos" at NBC said when she told them she was taking time off just as she is starting a new show?

They probably didn't care. Can't control the time of Kathie Lee leaving and Hoda's new baby and the show isn't completely brand new.

It should be "Hoda and Jenna with Kids", expect a baby talk show now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I don't get all the tears regarding the news of the new baby.  Every person at that table was crying tears of joy.  Savannah could barely contain herself. Jenna said when Hoda face-timed her at Starbuck's, she had to get up and go to the "women's room" because she was crying.  Huh?  Really?  I love babies as much as anyone, but I can't imagine crying - especially since this is not her first adoption.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I don't get all the tears regarding the news of the new baby.  Every person at that table was crying tears of joy.  Savannah could barely contain herself. Jenna said when Hoda face-timed her at Starbuck's, she had to get up and go to the "women's room" because she was crying.  Huh?  Really?  I love babies as much as anyone, but I can't imagine crying - especially since this is not her first adoption.

Because Hoda is special. 🙄

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Goodness, here I thought Hoda was taking some time off to rest & recuperate, now she has another baby?!  Congrats to her, but I cant imagine being a Mom of a new-born in my 50s!  I'm sure she has a nanny & help, but still....and I wonder what the "Head Honchos" at NBC said when she told them she was taking time off just as she is starting a new show?  Everyone on the show seems very happy for her, Savannah & Jenna were very weepy on the 4th Hour this morning...I wonder how long she will fill in?

Well, if you have nannies who wake up in the middle of the night so you can sleep while they take care of your babies , and you get driven to work.  And then have someone doing your hair, make up and wardrobe, and then finish by 11 or 12, and can nap if you are tired and someone else cooks and cleans up after dinner . Then you can have fun taking baby pictures and vacation shots for Instagram, and you can be 50 and be just fine !

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, marmalade said:

Well, if you have nannies who wake up in the middle of the night so you can sleep while they take care of your babies , and you get driven to work.  And then have someone doing your hair, make up and wardrobe, and then finish by 11 or 12, and can nap if you are tired and someone else cooks and cleans up after dinner . Then you can have fun taking baby pictures and vacation shots for Instagram, and you can be 50 and be just fine !

I believe Hoda would say “babysitter” and “insta”.  

Then all her celeb friends will look at her in awe asking “wow how does she do it all? She’s an inspiration!”

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, debbie311 said:

Gag! It’s nauseating! But Hoda has a way of making it seem like she is the only person on earth whoever did something!

Shes annoying and the constant deep moments and tearing up, with Jenna sounding like she’s going to cry any minute are sickening. I change the channel much of the time !  You can be all over philosophical when you have a staff taking care of your babies if you are tired or busy ! 

• Love 5

Is she going to refer to the baby by both names -Hope Catherine- all the time like she does Haley Joy?

i had a surprise pregnancy & baby at 43 (having been told I could never get pg on my own. I had twins through IUI at 37). I’m 56 now & I have to say it’s exhausting at this age vs when I was younger. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Mrsjumbo said:

Is she going to refer to the baby by both names -Hope Catherine- all the time like she does Haley Joy?

i had a surprise pregnancy & baby at 43 (having been told I could never get pg on my own. I had twins through IUI at 37). I’m 56 now & I have to say it’s exhausting at this age vs when I was younger. 

It is exhausting for a person without a staff to take care the  you and the baby.

Hoda is no Wonder Woman ! She couldn’t even handle a small dog without sending it away for training! And  who knows what she did to it now and how she got rid of it!

Sorry; I find her annoying and not too bright and her fake smiling and cackling  just are ridiculous !

The show is barely watchable anymore !

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
36 minutes ago, Mrsjumbo said:

It is exhausting for a person without a staff to take care the  you and the baby.

Hoda is no Wonder Woman ! She couldn’t even handle a small dog without sending it away for training! And  who knows what she did to it now and how she got rid of it!

Sorry; I find her annoying and not too bright and her fake smiling and cackling  just are ridiculous !

The show is barely watchable anymore !

• Love 3

Hoda can hardly hold back tears talking about 1 kid. Now, with 2 she’ll be a mess. Thank god Kathie Lee has left. The two of them talking about Haley Joy like it’s some anomaly was so annoying. I’m sure another book will soon follow how Hope chose her. Of course, you have to write a book about it and get even more money because you aren’t rich enough. Good grief!

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Hoda can hardly hold back tears talking about 1 kid. Now, with 2 she’ll be a mess. Thank god Kathie Lee has left. The two of them talking about Haley Joy like it’s some anomaly was so annoying. I’m sure another book will soon follow how Hope chose her. Of course, you have to write a book about it and get even more money because you aren’t rich enough. Good grief!

Jenna is no better ! She is always on the verge of a crying fit with her raspy voice every time Hoda makes a sappy observation about life or says some corny quote about life ! 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

I knew a mom in my daughters preschool who was 53 with a 3 year old. I really thought she was the grandma for the longest time. Thank goodness I never said anything!

For all intents and purposes, Hoda is really living the life of a grandmother. Nannies are taking care of her babies while she works, socialized and takes trips, like the weekend  for Joel’s birthday without the baby ! 

Grandparents are always saying they have the best of both worlds, and so does Hoda because she is rich and can afford the help.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, orangekit said:

For all intents and purposes, Hoda is really living the life of a grandmother. Nannies are taking care of her babies while she works, socialized and takes trips, like the weekend  for Joel’s birthday without the baby ! 

Grandparents are always saying they have the best of both worlds, and so does Hoda because she is rich and can afford the help.

Now that I think of it, you’re absolutely right!

• Love 2

Possibly unpopular opinion, but, I find it really selfish to have two babies when you’re over 50.  Hoda is 54 and has had cancer.  Joel is in his 60s, and, it’s not clear to me if he also adopted the two babies, or not.  Hoda’s siblings are somewhere around her age.  Her mother must be somewhere around 80.  So, God forbid something happens to Hoda, who among this geriatric crowd takes over?  I’m sure Hoda has a plan in place but it just seems unfair to me.  

Plus, if she can’t handle one kid and a dog, how’s she going to handle two?  I want to know what happened to Blake!  Obviously my dislike for Hoda is growing by leaps and bounds.

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Possibly unpopular opinion, but, I find it really selfish to have two babies when you’re over 50.  Hoda is 54 and has had cancer.  Joel is in his 60s, and, it’s not clear to me if he also adopted the two babies, or not.  Hoda’s siblings are somewhere around her age.  Her mother must be somewhere around 80.  So, God forbid something happens to Hoda, who among this geriatric crowd takes over?  I’m sure Hoda has a plan in place but it just seems unfair to me.  

Plus, if she can’t handle one kid and a dog, how’s she going to handle two?  I want to know what happened to Blake!  Obviously my dislike for Hoda is growing by leaps and bounds.

I think her sister is younger, and I have a feeling that she would probably have the children if heaven forbid , something happened .

She doesn’t have to handle two babies, she has a staff .

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Yeah, what happened to Blake the dog she named after her (real) true love, Blake Shelton? I can’t even recall seeing a picture of him in ages. 

• Love 5

I'd rather see Blake than Hope and Haile.  

My niece had a baby last week and I have yet to cry about it. Much less walking around on the verge of tears for days. I must be more of a bitch than I thought.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Sounds like they all need to get their estrogen levels checked, cripes.  I cannot stand being around women like this.  They are most certainly targeting a certain group of women by acting like this, The Busy Moms.  Overworked, overtired, overly weepy and so hard done by because of their very busy Mom lives.  The crowd that responds to all of the "You got this!" and "Like a Boss!" nonsense.  Ugh.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 7

I'm on the West Coast, so I will look at Insta and the Today show app before I can even watch the eps.  A story about Jenna or Hoda appears on the Today show app.  And then it appears on all several Insta accounts.  Or, Jenna posts something, Hodaandjenna will repost and then it appears on the Today show account.  Or Hoda posts, and so on.  It's probably why I feel overwhelmed with them thru the day.

And I will also sound like a bitch, but today we are going to hear about the bond between Jenna's daughters.  And she's written another letter to her grandmother.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, susied2009 said:

oops..I didn't finish...

I wonder what is next ?

What’s next? It’ll be what a great sister Hailey is. Then every single mind blowing thing Hope does like poop and burp. Then onto how Hailey can put on her own socks, then how she’s can write her own name, then how Hope says mama. It will never end. Everything that Hoda and her kids do is treated like it’s just the most precious thing. I can’t stand it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

What’s next? It’ll be what a great sister Hailey is. Then every single mind blowing thing Hope does like poop and burp. Then onto how Hailey can put on her own socks, then how she’s can write her own name, then how Hope says mama. It will never end. Everything that Hoda and her kids do is treated like it’s just the most precious thing. I can’t stand it. 

Ugh I know ! She already talked about how wonderful Hailey at two years old is with her baby sister !

And it looks like Hoda’s teaching Hailey the same smile she has! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

This is why I can’t watch anymore. Hoda is  too ridiculous acting and doesn’t seem very smart. Me and her, him and me, etc. I cannot tolerate her poor grammar and her huge mouth always open with that maniacal grin. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Pickles said:

This is why I can’t watch anymore. Hoda is  too ridiculous acting and doesn’t seem very smart. Me and her, him and me, etc. I cannot tolerate her poor grammar and her huge mouth always open with that maniacal grin. 

I almost feel badly agreeing, but I do feel the same way about Hoda ! She seems like she’s probably a good and kind person, but in her career, she should be able to speak with proper grammar, and also  her grin and non stop laughing are so annoying ! 

Edited by larsonb
  • Love 8

Why is everyone acting as is it’s miracle that Hoda who probably went to a very high priced adoption lawyer, and paid a lot of money,  actually was able to get another infant ? 

Celebrities and anyone with a lot of money are always able to get newborn babies on demand, no matter what their age is, or what their marital status is.  

It’s so super annoying that Hoda acts like it was so difficult to adopt , and naive viewers think she has the same challenges they do with adoption and care for her children.

I also tired of the contrived friendships for the hosts of this show, and other talk shows.  Yesterday that stupid aerobics workout on the plaza apparently was to show us some kind of connection between Savannah and Jenna.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, larsonb said:

Why is everyone acting as is it’s miracle that Hoda who probably went to a very high priced adoption lawyer, and paid a lot of money,  actually was able to get another infant ? 

Celebrities and anyone with a lot of money are always able to get newborn babies on demand, no matter what their age is, or what their marital status is.  

It’s so super annoying that Hoda acts like it was so difficult to adopt , and naive viewers think she has the same challenges they do with adoption and care for her children.

Ahhh celebrities—with full time nannies, chefs, drivers, vacation homes, enormous bank accounts, personal assistants, life coaches, personal trainers, lawyers to help “bend the rules”, and An endless amount of people kissing their asses—they’re just like us!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

Ahhh celebrities—with full time nannies, chefs, drivers, vacation homes, enormous bank accounts, personal assistants, life coaches, personal trainers, lawyers to help “bend the rules”, and An endless amount of people kissing their asses—they’re just like us!

And do be honest, I don’t resent them for doing what they can do because of the money. I can’t stand it when they act like they are struggling or so so tired like an average person!

I will say that I respect Kathie Lee for admitting she was rich and privileged, and raising her kids to give back to  children who didn’t have anything.  And Rosie also admits she is very lucky and has advantages because she is wealthy . 

In many ways Kathie Lee could annoy me, but I found her way more real than Hoda, and I even find Jenna more real than Hoda . 

I know a lot of people don’t like Savannah, but I find her way more professional and intelligent than  Hoda, and she’s not fake laughing and dominating every conversation like Hoda

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Bugaboo said:

Yuck! What a sap fest. They are making Hoda out to be some kind of heroine. I have never seen so many women cry so easily. They must all be on the same menstrual cycle. 😵

Savannah too. She sounded like she was going to cry any minute when she was talking to the guy who crawled to the finish at the marathon. Geesh! Between her shaky voice & Jenna crying at everything & Hoda crying at every moment of her kids lives, get a grip! They are giving women in tv a bad name.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, larsonb said:

And do be honest, I don’t resent them for doing what they can do because of the money. I can’t stand it when they act like they are struggling or so so tired like an average person!

Or like Beyoncé who got "unexpectantly" pregnant with twins when she was planning on appearing at Coachella.  So after she had her C-section, she was dieting/working out to get back in shape for this concert.  She says that people just don't understand the sacrifice.  Excuse me, you chose to do the concert right away.  You could have taken another year, spent some time with your babies and taken the weight off slowly.

Or Jennifer Aniston - I'm in no hurry to have kids.  I have plenty of time to have kids.  Who says I have to have kids to be happy.

Or the celebs who can afford to have surrogates cause they can't take the time off from their careers to be pregnant.

• Love 6

What is so miraculous about adopting? Don’t people do it everyday? She already day did it once so why is everyone soooooooo shocked by the second? Also, it’s all about Hoda adoption. What about Joel? Is he not on any of the adoption papers? The birth certificate? Today Jenna & Savannah were still talking about it like it was still a miracle and Hoda isn’t even there. Like I mentioned before I’m sure there will be another book by Hope with the name Hope in it like There’s Always Hope. So obvious. Because you know Hoda needs the money.

• Love 8