Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

It really is the tale of 2 shows. Weekend Today is far better than Weekday. I am so ready for Natalie to return and I never thought I'd say that - Tamron is just that bad.

I like Today a lot better than GMA but I seriously ask myself why sometimes.

• Love 1

I never, ever thought I'd wish for Natalie's return either, but Tamron's giggling and annoying cutesiness has sent me over the edge.  I'm so sorry they put her on Today.  I used to like her before she became stupid.

Thought it might be a good idea to start a general discussion thread for things that don't necessarily fit into one of the other categories.

I dislike the Orange Room (hence the thread title) and the general vapidity (is that a word?) of the features lately. Case in point - the really lame Guinness Book segments last week.

I don't watch SNL so I don't know about that, but I think the guy you are referring to is Carson Daly.  He seems to be subbing for Matt a lot lately.  When he isn't, he is in the dreaded Orange Room.

I used to record the third hour because I am in love with Willie (yes I am!). Tamron has so put me off, that I have kissed my Willie goodbye (that didn't sound right)! Damn, who likes her? Natalie used to drive me nuts, but I swear she's deliberately playing it very low-key these days in hopes of making Tamron babble and giggle her way out of a job. Team Natalie!

• Love 1

I don't know how long Tamron's contract is for, but I think by now the producers know that they made a HUGE mistake in having her on Today.  Even Al, who used to play along with her as her partner in crime, seems to have distanced himself from her.  There's something manic about her, like she's not quite "right" in the head. 

• Love 1

I've think TPTB on the Today has lost all perspective on what's good and bad. They probably think Tamoron is the star and well loved. They'll fire the rest and keep her.

I can't stand her either.

I enjoyed the waterskiing segment this morning with Jenna Wolfe and her biggest fan - it looked like they had really enjoyed meeting each other and that they had an awesome time.

Apparently they're trying to get Katie Couric as Savannah's maternity leave fill-in. I think Savannah had better watch out. She's about to be "All About Eve"d the way she did it to Ann. Not saying Savannah did anything wrong - Ann SUCKED (IMO). But if Katie wants the job back it's hard to imagine anyone telling her no. Although these ARE the people who hired Tamron, so....

I don't think it's been brought up, given the hell she's gone through, but Michelle Knight does appear to have some issues. Plus, I don't know if she'd be referred to as a little person, but she's very short. I wish her well and I hope she and the other two women can get on with their lives and find some kind of peace and happiness.

I can usually only watch the 7:00 half hour, so they may have mentioned it later, but I cannot believe they did the news this morning without even mentioning the passing of Maya Angelou.  Apparently Brad Pitt getting smacked by some whack job was more important. 

Michelle Knight seems to be trying to convince herself as well as everyone else that she is coping, but it doesn't appear to me that she is.  I do wish that she would stop giving interviews, and just live her life privately like the other two girls.  If she doesn't, I fear that she'll have a breakdown.

• Love 1

This is an example of why this show is annoying to me. They have a story on the lady stealing from the band boosters, which I am interested in since I'm a band mom. At the end he says "to hear tips on how to prevent this from your booster club, go to our website".

They couldn't spare 30 sec- 1 min going over the tips, yet wasted so much time in the stupid "treasure hunt".

Do you think more people are band parents or live in the Dallas area & happen to be off that morning to hunt treasure? Which story should get more air time?

Am I just really unlucky and only watching on days when Tamron is there - or is she always there now!? They need to just rename it "Tamron" and be done with it. I hate that my mind goes there, but who is she sleeping with at NBC? But then I wonder the same about Joe Scarborough since he's a badly behaved d-bag and still has a show. This chick just grates on me like nobody's business!

I wonder if Natalie thinks she'll be Savannah's maternity leave fill in? Because with the way it's going, Ms. hall may just be handed all of NBC daytime.

I would much rather see consumer info stories, more author interviews, better cooking segments that are not rushed than wastes of time like the "fly- fishin', dad story- swappin' " stuff yesterday & Savannah's clueless DH in the maternity ward today.

• Love 1

I can't believe Jenna Bush Hager snagged that exclusive interview this morning with President Bush! I sure do hope they are paying her the big bucks /eyeroll

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought the fly-fishing dads hanging out stuff was just fakety fake BS and boring as hell.

I'm also sick of Savannah's "I don't know how to cook and I don't know anything about domesticity and I don't know nothin' 'bout babies"  schtick.  Enough, already!  Does she even know how she got pregnant?

Being a former first daughter, it made sense that Jenna Bush Hager would get the interview with President Obama about his daughters.  Had it been on any other, weightier topic, then I would have called shenanigans.

Edit:  I misread the comment above about Jenna Bush Hager's interview with President Bush--thought it was the one with President Obama about his daughters.  (Don't know how I could confuse Bush with Obama, but...there you go.)

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 2

I can't believe Jenna Bush Hager snagged that exclusive interview this morning with President Bush!

And, right when Iraq is falling apart.  Because I am sure she asked the man responsible for the war all about it.  Seriously, does the Today Show not get what it looks like when they have that puff piece about the Bushes and then the very next thing mentioned during the news is the disaster going on in Iraq. 

• Love 4

It is being reported that Chelsea Clinton was paid $600k for her work at NBC. She did some segments for Brian Williams, but it sure didn't seem like many and she was awful on camera. I wonder how much they pay Jenna Bush Hager? She is on a lot more than Chelsea ever was. A million? Good grief. I am sure it pays to be a president's daughter. Nice salaries for two women with no journalistic background.

• Love 1
(edited)

Must we have the back stories of every anchor's family? I have heard these stories ad nauseam.

And what if they had a crappy childhood? Would they have to spin that to pretend they all came from a happy, clappy family?

Edited by Mrsjumbo
  • Love 1

I hate when they do ridiculous things - time wasters- like when they were interviewing Eric Dane. They had to show other famous tv "captains" like Captain Stuebing from the love boat & the captain from Gilligan's isle. Eric Dane looked like "I'll just grin & bear this stupidity". Who thinks of these "bits"??

• Love 1

I really don't get why Today is all-in for the World Cup?  It's a story but is it really this big a deal for a network that doesn't even do the games? Natalie looks like she's down in Braz just to be a cheerleader. I get the sense there's a lot of pretending of interest at the desk.

• Love 1

Tamron is insufferable. Today Willie was in the middle of telling a story about the US soccer goalie and she interrupts him. "Oh, oh, oh I have his picture on my IPhone. Have you seen his hair? Blah,blah,blah." Willie was giving her the evil eye and we never heard the rest of his story. He did say something like, "Is the goalie supposed to be impressed that you have his picture?"

Yesterday Tamron was saying she had gone to Five Guys and gotten a double cheeseburger and fries. Then she went home and ate Blue Bell ice cream that she has shipped to NYC for $100. I think she was dying for people to say how can you eat like that and stay so slim, but everyone just thought she was crazy for spending $100 to have ice cream shipped to her. She just thinks she is so cute.

• Love 1

She kept saying that the Blue Bell ice cream was just $1.00 in her beloved Texas and I think she thought that people would think it was cute that she would spend $100 to have it shipped to her.  She's too stupid and vapid to realize that people just think she's a nitwit.  And she grins so much that sometimes I just wish I could reach through the TV screen and punch her in the throat.  And I hate to think violent thoughts like that, lol.  It's too bad because when I first saw her several years ago on MSNBC, I thought she'd be a serious journalist. 

• Love 1

Why is Jenna W on today?! It's bad enough having to see her wide fish mouth on the weekends.

As much as I think Tamron is silly & annoying, at least I don't yell "shut UP already!" at the tv like I do when Jenna W is on.

• Love 2
Jenna W= shaming Lester because it proves how athletic I am !

I've noticed she likes to taunt Lester every time he's required to do something physical. I don't remember JW saying she was any great athlete or anything.

She probably just spends a lot of time pumping iron and trying to tone her upper arms and shoulders. She is soooo fortunate to have this soft gig reading a few scripts on the weekends.

She could be sent out to a ghetto in Guatamala --like her girlfriend Steph-- who actually had to do some reporting last week.

Apparently Today decided it didn't have enough people whom just the mention of their names makes me immediately change the channel, now they bring in fucking Maria Menounos.  OMG that Valley Girl vocal fry voice.  I also thought her laugh was annoying as hell, and THEN she broke out a Woody Woodpecker/Fran Drescher/braying donkey laugh.