Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
WendyCR72

Sex And The City

Recommended Posts

Re: Berger. He’s an example of what I meant by male characters doing things guys wouldn’t do.

Berger had an attitude because Carrie said a NYC woman wouldn’t be caught out on the town wearing a scrunchie. Obviously Carrie was just giving him a hard time in a loving way. Any guy who has ever dealt with a woman for ten minutes knows that’s what they do sometimes. You know when she’s being good natured and when she’s just being a bitch. Carrie was OBVIOUSLY being the former. If anything, HE was being a bitch when he went after her hat because he was mad about the scrunchie.

Same with Carrie asking if he was going to write when he went with her to jury duty and he asked if she thought he was going to just sit on his ass all day. Or when he scared her half to death because apparently he had a problem with her book doing better than his. They say never date a writer, but damn.

Obviously they had a jokey relationship and he seemed to have a sense of humor, so these random moody teenager on Sunday night in high school outbursts just seemed weird. 

Where I thought Carrie was being a bit bitchy was during their date where Charlotte left her bad date to join them. I kinda felt like Berger should’ve told Carrie off.

First of all, if I’m Berger, I’m already looking at Charlotte, a grown ass woman, a little funny because she can’t diplomatically end a bad date, if she had to “end it” prematurely at all. Most first dates don’t lead straight to the altar. It was going to end eventually. But fine, you have your silly ass “call and say something bad happened”  system down. Whatever.

The second way Carrie tried it is inviting her on their date after her date is over. Without even asking Berger if it was okay. You got me fucked up, Bradshaw. Really that’s not even something you should ask while on a date. Charlotte, I bailed you out, but I’m with my man right now; take your ass home and we’ll talk about it over breakfast tomorrow (because neither of you worked a full time job). And really, Charlotte shouldn’t have allowed herself to be invited to their date. Have some couth and wait until later to chit-chat with Carrie.

The THIRD reason Carrie should’ve gotten cursed out is, after their date is interrupted by your co-dependent, petty ass friend with limited social etiquette, and then allowing herself to be invited on their date, now Berger has to sit and listen to you hoes talk about the bad date she just ended and what type of guy she hopes to find?! And then when he tries to be a good sport about his date being hijacked and makes a little joke about Harry and filler flowers, Carrie tries to check him?! She really said, “don’t say that to her” and he said, “oh sorry, I was just making a joke” and then Carrie goes “well it wasn’t funny”. Berger should’ve told both of them that their coochies stink, gave them the finger, and left. Who in the actual fuck are you talking to??? 

I see why Berger broke up with her ass on a Post-It. I was on her side back then but thinking about it now, oh hell no. Berger should’ve gone ghost on her with the quickness.

As a matter of fact, had that been me, that Post-It would’ve been way more disrespectful. I would’ve said, “YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE WACK. I’M SORRY. DON’T HATE ME. BECAUSE IT’S NOT MY FAULT. BYE BITCH.”

Edited by 27bored
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, 27bored said:

their date is interrupted by your co-dependent, petty ass friend with limited social etiquette

For someone who felt she deserved to be married to a rich man, she really didn't know how to behave in public.  She once said to the girls "WASPs never yell."  She sure seemed to when she didn't get her way.  Like the time she was screeching at Trey during his Scottish thing, or screeching at the tap teacher over how offensive Tea for Two is.  And yeah Charlotte, real subtle...."Maybe something bad happened...*answers phone* WHAT???  Something bad happened?" But then again, of all the characters, the entitled whiny Charlotte was by far my least favorite.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

For someone who felt she deserved to be married to a rich man, she really didn't know how to behave in public.  She once said to the girls "WASPs never yell."  She sure seemed to when she didn't get her way.  Like the time she was screeching at Trey during his Scottish thing, or screeching at the tap teacher over how offensive Tea for Two is.  And yeah Charlotte, real subtle...."Maybe something bad happened...*answers phone* WHAT???  Something bad happened?" But then again, of all the characters, the entitled whiny Charlotte was by far my least favorite.

Charlotte was always my favorite. She always seemed to get into situations she never thought she would have.... threesomes (when she finally decides to go for it, she isn't wanted).... up the you know what was probably the funniest..... gay straight guy vs. straight gay guy..... she always made me laugh. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Charlotte was always my favorite. She always seemed to get into situations she never thought she would have.... threesomes (when she finally decides to go for it, she isn't wanted).... up the you know what was probably the funniest..... gay straight guy vs. straight gay guy..... she always made me laugh. 

I have no "scientific" evidence LOL, but it seems to me that Charlotte was most people's favorite character.  Actually, the more I rewatch the more I wonder why I rewatch, I think they're all annoying!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I have no "scientific" evidence LOL, but it seems to me that Charlotte was most people's favorite character.  Actually, the more I rewatch the more I wonder why I rewatch, I think they're all annoying!

At the time, I never thought of them as annoying. I haven't rewatched in awhile. It does make me wonder if when it was first run, if I was that annoying too (in my single years). 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I have no "scientific" evidence LOL, but it seems to me that Charlotte was most people's favorite character.  Actually, the more I rewatch the more I wonder why I rewatch, I think they're all annoying!

3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

At the time, I never thought of them as annoying. I haven't rewatched in awhile. It does make me wonder if when it was first run, if I was that annoying too (in my single years). 

By the end of the series Charlotte, Miranda and Samantha ended up my favorites because they grew over the series. Carrie is my least favorite for so many reasons. I liked Charlotte and Harry and that she was willing to change to marry him. Considering she once broke up with a guy over his taste in dishes. I liked that she didn't go back to Christianity after she and Harry broke up. Samantha falling for Smith and their relationship. I liked hearing why Miranda wanted to marry Steve. All three had annoying moments. I still don't like that Charlotte never accepts responsibility for her role in the demise of her 1st marriage. She rushed into marrying someone she didn't know because of a deadline, when they reconciled immediately jumps into trying for a baby, then she went overboard with it. It would have been nice to hear even just once that she made some mistakes. Its odd that she never does in that relationship but the split with her and Harry is always deemed her fault when it was Harry's. I hated that she quit her job and never ended up working the rest of the series or the following movies. Miranda most of the time I have no idea why she was with Steve. She seemed constantly annoyed by him and like she didn't like him. Even though I like Brady I have no idea why she had him. She never seemed interested in kids before her surprise pregnancy, and never seemed interested in being a mom during or afterwards. It really makes more sense that she would have had an abortion and went on with her life. She also treated Skipper like crap. I didn't like Samantha in the beginning because she really seemed more like someone in the middle of a midlife crisis and/or desperate. She was desperate to be recorded having sex with the creepy guy who recorded most of his sexual encounters, annoyed that she couldn't get into a club because she used to be the one who could get into everywhere.  They each grew on me.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

By the end of the series Charlotte, Miranda and Samantha ended up my favorites because they grew over the series. Carrie is my least favorite for so many reasons. I liked Charlotte and Harry and that she was willing to change to marry him. Considering she once broke up with a guy over his taste in dishes. I liked that she didn't go back to Christianity after she and Harry broke up. Samantha falling for Smith and their relationship. I liked hearing why Miranda wanted to marry Steve. All three had annoying moments. I still don't like that Charlotte never accepts responsibility for her role in the demise of her 1st marriage. She rushed into marrying someone she didn't know because of a deadline, when they reconciled immediately jumps into trying for a baby, then she went overboard with it. It would have been nice to hear even just once that she made some mistakes. Its odd that she never does in that relationship but the split with her and Harry is always deemed her fault when it was Harry's. I hated that she quit her job and never ended up working the rest of the series or the following movies. Miranda most of the time I have no idea why she was with Steve. She seemed constantly annoyed by him and like she didn't like him. Even though I like Brady I have no idea why she had him. She never seemed interested in kids before her surprise pregnancy, and never seemed interested in being a mom during or afterwards. It really makes more sense that she would have had an abortion and went on with her life. She also treated Skipper like crap. I didn't like Samantha in the beginning because she really seemed more like someone in the middle of a midlife crisis and/or desperate. She was desperate to be recorded having sex with the creepy guy who recorded most of his sexual encounters, annoyed that she couldn't get into a club because she used to be the one who could get into everywhere.  They each grew on me.  

I really liked Charlotte for that reason. Even with breaking up with Harry, she became Jewish and stayed Jewish. She made the commitment and stuck with it. Harry's proposal at that singles event was so pretty. Plus I loved her wedding. Everything went wrong yet the marriage was right. It kind of gave her a kick in the pants to open her eyes and not try to always be perfect. Funny, the night before my second wedding, I watched that episode. The Hitler mustache still make me laugh. I wish she would have gone back to work too. At least until the baby came. 

I think in Miranda's case, life took her far from what she thought she wanted and she was happy with that. 

I liked Samantha for her inner kindness and sense of humor. You didn't always see it but she was a good person. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I have no "scientific" evidence LOL, but it seems to me that Charlotte was most people's favorite character.  Actually, the more I rewatch the more I wonder why I rewatch, I think they're all annoying!

She was my least favorite. She was too prissy and whiny for me.  My dislike of her was cemented when she and Trey were shopping for china and she pouted until she got the one she wanted. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I really liked Charlotte for that reason. Even with breaking up with Harry, she became Jewish and stayed Jewish. She made the commitment and stuck with it. Harry's proposal at that singles event was so pretty. Plus I loved her wedding. Everything went wrong yet the marriage was right. It kind of gave her a kick in the pants to open her eyes and not try to always be perfect. Funny, the night before my second wedding, I watched that episode. The Hitler mustache still make me laugh. I wish she would have gone back to work too. At least until the baby came. 

I think in Miranda's case, life took her far from what she thought she wanted and she was happy with that. 

I liked Samantha for her inner kindness and sense of humor. You didn't always see it but she was a good person. 

I love that scene at the singles event and proposal. It was really good. I love all how popular Charlotte suddenly was with the mothers after her break up. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, ByTor said:

I have no "scientific" evidence LOL, but it seems to me that Charlotte was most people's favorite character.  Actually, the more I rewatch the more I wonder why I rewatch, I think they're all annoying!

When I first watched the show when it aired on HBO Charlotte was my least favorite.  As the series progressed I liked her more.  Maybe I'm in the minority but I liked Miranda better without Steve.  Carrie didn't really bother me too much on the first watch but in subsequent viewings (and there have been several) she annoys me so much.  Samantha was always my favorite.  As much as liked her with Smith and thought the way they broke up was ridiculous I do understand Samantha chafing at that life.  Some women really are happier being single.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

When I first watched the show when it aired on HBO Charlotte was my least favorite.  As the series progressed I liked her more.  Maybe I'm in the minority but I liked Miranda better without Steve.  Carrie didn't really bother me too much on the first watch but in subsequent viewings (and there have been several) she annoys me so much.  Samantha was always my favorite.  As much as liked her with Smith and thought the way they broke up was ridiculous I do understand Samantha chafing at that life.  Some women really are happier being single.

Samantha was my favorite too but I felt like the show used her as an unrealistic celebration of women who don’t submit to traditional gender roles. Like, okay you have no interest in having kids...fine. I’ve heard many women who chose not to parent that even if they’re secure in that decision, your biological clock kind of kicks your ass a little bit for it. We never saw that type of internal struggle with Samantha, but fine.

Ok, you’re not really into marriage. Eh, some women prefer to be alone, but Samantha wasn’t exactly a loner. She was an extrovert, had many acquaintances, personal and professional, and we know she loved sex. Fine, but I felt Samantha never gave commitment a real chance up until Smith, because she didn’t have to. She was an attractive woman who could find any number of single men to bang, so actually having to stick with one was completely preferential. 

In reality, ending a relationship so you can run the streets with your aging gal pals — all of whom have settled down — isn’t so much commendable as much as it is kind of tired. There’s a season for the partying and bed hopping, but after awhile, it’s time to grow up. And I’m holding Sam to the same standard I would a man in her position. 

Hooking up with a dude at a wedding is fun and sexy in your 20s. At, like 47? You’re kind of eating Thot Pockets for lunch.

No shade. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/26/2019 at 9:17 AM, 27bored said:

Samantha was my favorite too but I felt like the show used her as an unrealistic celebration of women who don’t submit to traditional gender roles. Like, okay you have no interest in having kids...fine. I’ve heard many women who chose not to parent that even if they’re secure in that decision, your biological clock kind of kicks your ass a little bit for it. We never saw that type of internal struggle with Samantha, but fine.

Ok, you’re not really into marriage. Eh, some women prefer to be alone, but Samantha wasn’t exactly a loner. She was an extrovert, had many acquaintances, personal and professional, and we know she loved sex. Fine, but I felt Samantha never gave commitment a real chance up until Smith, because she didn’t have to. She was an attractive woman who could find any number of single men to bang, so actually having to stick with one was completely preferential. 

In reality, ending a relationship so you can run the streets with your aging gal pals — all of whom have settled down — isn’t so much commendable as much as it is kind of tired. There’s a season for the partying and bed hopping, but after awhile, it’s time to grow up. And I’m holding Sam to the same standard I would a man in her position. 

Hooking up with a dude at a wedding is fun and sexy in your 20s. At, like 47? You’re kind of eating Thot Pockets for lunch.

No shade. 

No disrespect 27bored, but that was dripping with tons of shade. Not everyone  desires to find ultimate happiness in a monogamous marriage (or marriage period)—that doesn’t equate to “not growing up”, just as getting married at 25 or 30 and staying married for 40 years doesn’t equate to “growing up”. There are plenty of people who are unhappily married and feel like they missed out on actually living their lives because they pressured themselves into a picture of what they were either taught (or convinced themselves) that “happiness” and “growing up” equated to getting married. There’s different strokes for different folks. Samantha also wasn’t allergic to love—she had several serious relationships on the show (James, Richard, Maria, Smith) where she put her heart into it. They also had her ex, Dominic DelMonico, make an appearance in season 2....and she realized that she still had deep feelings for him. Not wanting to go through with a marriage ceremony (or not believing in the idea of “marriage” as it’s drilled into our heads to believe in) doesn’t equate to random bes hopping and empty dalliances 

As for the having kids, for damn sure that’s not everyone’s lot in life....nor does everyone have a psychological battle with their biological clock. But remember, Sam did admit to terminating 2 pregnancies (one while in college) in “Woulda Coulda Shoulda”, which she admitted was a tough emotional road to hoe. I love that they didn’t have her secretly longing for a baby, that’s so cliche. One of the reasons “Catch 38” is one of my favorite episodes is because they did have Carrie reach that point where she had to make a fundamental decision on whether to have kids or not, and she honestly hadn’t decided one way or another. Everyone doesn’t want kids, and some that have them....shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near children 

Edited by BlueMoon81
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BlueMoon81 said:

Not wanting to go through with a marriage ceremony (or not believing in the idea of “marriage” as it’s drilled into our heads to believe in) doesn’t equate to random bes hopping and empty dalliances 

That's pretty much what they did with Samantha, though, which is why I found her and her "sexuality" annoyingly cartoonish.

Share this post


Link to post

Speaking of Samantha I just finished a rewatch of season four and my heart broke right along with her's when she walked in on Richard with the other woman.  She let her guard down and got hurt. I can't blame her for being gun shy after that.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, that was painful to watch. I really flinch at a show or movie with a woman being cheated on, um, for certain reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/24/2019 at 3:37 PM, andromeda331 said:

I still don't like that Charlotte never accepts responsibility for her role in the demise of her 1st marriage. She rushed into marrying someone she didn't know because of a deadline, when they reconciled immediately jumps into trying for a baby, then she went overboard with it. 

Me neither. I was completely lacking in sympathy for her about that--she rushes into marriage, rushes into baby-making, goes completely overboard in her efforts to have a kid, but by all means, it's Trey's fault that the marriage fell apart. And I really hated her hypocrisy--she blabs about their fertility problems to complete strangers, but blasts Trey for confiding in his mother? (Who's an overbearing pain in the ass, albeit)

On 4/24/2019 at 3:37 PM, andromeda331 said:

Miranda most of the time I have no idea why she was with Steve. She seemed constantly annoyed by him and like she didn't like him.

Exactly.

On 4/24/2019 at 3:37 PM, andromeda331 said:

It really makes more sense that she would have had an abortion and went on with her life

The dreaded Good Girls Avoid Abortion trope. How does someone who explicitly states, "I can't have a baby, I could barely find the time to schedule this abortion." suddenly decide she's happy to be pregnant?

On 4/24/2019 at 3:37 PM, andromeda331 said:

She also treated Skipper like crap. 

That was awful. Much like Steve, she treats him like crap and acts like she can't stand him, but the minute she sees he's happy with someone else, decides she wants him back, then two seconds after sleeping with him, is all "I don't want to be monogamous", then has the gall to act shocked when he finally gets fed up with her and tells her off--kudos to him for that.

15 hours ago, ByTor said:

That's pretty much what they did with Samantha, though, which is why I found her and her "sexuality" annoyingly cartoonish.

It did get ridiculous after a while.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Camille said:

Me neither. I was completely lacking in sympathy for her about that--she rushes into marriage, rushes into baby-making, goes completely overboard in her efforts to have a kid, but by all means, it's Trey's fault that the marriage fell apart. And I really hated her hypocrisy--she blabs about their fertility problems to complete strangers, but blasts Trey for confiding in his mother? (Who's an overbearing pain in the ass, albeit)

I just watched these episodes this week.  I think Charlotte expected the fairy tale and when that didn't happen it really threw her.

Contrast that with Carrie having a man who wanted to marry her and give her the moon and that really threw her.

Contrast that with Samantha coming to terms she loves a guy and that really threw her.

Contrast that with Miranda becoming pregnant and deciding to keep the baby and that really threw her.

Season four IMO showed the four women realizing what they thought they wanted wasn't what they wanted after all.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I think it’s wonderful for people who want to be married and have that whole white picket fence life get their dream, but I enjoyed watching a show featuring single women over 30 having fun. If anyone knows of a similar show, please let me know. 

Charlotte is my favorite. I know she has flaws and don’t relate to many aspects of her personality, but there’s a sweetness to her. I find her more relatable than the other women. Samantha is a very fun character, but as much as I love the show featuring a fabulous character who didn’t need to be married, she’s so over the top compared to the average woman with how sexually free she was. Miranda also seemed to have a hard time going a short period of time without sex, and I thought she could be harsh with people. Most women love nice things, but how many of us will spend our entire salary on shoes and clothes? Carrie had a hard time growing up, cheated on a great guy who loved her with a married man, not exactly the most likeable girl’s girl. All this makes for good TV, but I enjoyed Charlotte because (by the show’s standards), she lived her life more responsibly and had more of a moral compass. I think even if she didn’t have the money she did, Charlotte’s the type of girl who would shop at Target and still be perfectly stylish. 

I know she could be superficial (not wanting a man due to China pattern) and may not have always realized the error of her ways (like rushing into marriage with Trey), but she was sincerely sorry when she hurt Harry’s and Samantha’s feelings. 

And my superficial side has a girl crush on Kristin Davis. I think she is so pretty and feminine, and she’s not the typical stick thin, busty, blue-eyed blonde Barbie that most women can’t relate to. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

And my superficial side has a girl crush on Kristin Davis. I think she is so pretty and feminine, and she’s not the typical stick thin, busty, blue-eyed blonde Barbie that most women can’t relate to. 

When my son was in elementary school, he had to take speech classes. One afternoon, I went in to a meeting with his teach and speech therapist and she looked exactly like Kristin Davis! I could barely speak, same hair, face even her clothes look like something Charlotte would wear. I told her she looked like KD, who she didn't know. I felt uncomfortable saying from SATC so I mentioned that movie she had done around that time -- the Sharkboy and Lavagirl movie. She still didn't know! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

When my son was in elementary school, he had to take speech classes. One afternoon, I went in to a meeting with his teach and speech therapist and she looked exactly like Kristin Davis! I could barely speak, same hair, face even her clothes look like something Charlotte would wear. I told her she looked like KD, who she didn't know. I felt uncomfortable saying from SATC so I mentioned that movie she had done around that time -- the Sharkboy and Lavagirl movie. She still didn't know! 

Lol that’s funny! That speech therapist must be so pretty. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

Lol that’s funny! That speech therapist must be so pretty. 

She was gorgeous! Years later I told my son who she looked like but he didn't remember too much anymore. I wish I remembered her name. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/6/2019 at 11:04 PM, RealHousewife said:

And my superficial side has a girl crush on Kristin Davis. I think she is so pretty and feminine, and she’s not the typical stick thin, busty, blue-eyed blonde Barbie that most women can’t relate to. 

Oh I think she is so beautiful too, that it even feels a bit painful. 😆

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Oh I think she is so beautiful too, that it even feels a bit painful. 😆

Besides her beauty, I think Charlotte was the best dressed too. So many pretty, classy dresses. :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Besides her beauty, I think Charlotte was the best dressed too. So many pretty, classy dresses. 🙂

6f0c27926585f247f783363775134f73.jpg

ScreenShot2346.jpg

5a5134510edefbc40548471b0f1ddb26.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

^ Thank you! I never tire of pictures of her. I think her style is so underrated. It's more modern/wearable than some of those classic style icons, but it is still so classy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I may be mistaken, but I remember hearing something YEARS ago that she was a little insecure because she has quite a booty, but , that's so attractive!  (You notice they don't show below her waist so much on the show?)  She's beautiful.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I may be mistaken, but I remember hearing something YEARS ago that she was a little insecure because she has quite a booty, but , that's so attractive!  (You notice they don't show below her waist so much on the show?)  She's beautiful.  

I've always admired her figure. She is slender and curvy, but not in a way that's plastic or unattainable for most of the population. Most women will need plastic surgery to look like Kim Kardashian or Pamela Anderson or those Instagram models. Kristin's body is beautiful but can be obtained by a lot of women with a sensible diet and exercise. She's not a stick with big boobs, and I think her butt is just right! lol It's big enough to add some feminine curvature to her little body, but it's not so big it takes over her figure or looks plastic. I guess even the prettiest women have insecurities. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

She's insanely gorgeous.  Remember that subplot on SATC where she says she doesn't like her hips or something (the naked sauna episode???) and she tells Carrie she has the perfect body and Carrie says "uh, YOU'RE DELUSIONAL?????????"  😂

But I totally get where she's coming from.  SJP has that freaking tiny little body that can fit into anything, and they certainly used that to the hilt on the show. She was like Patricia Field's little Barbie doll. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

She's insanely gorgeous.  Remember that subplot on SATC where she says she doesn't like her hips or something (the naked sauna episode???) and she tells Carrie she has the perfect body and Carrie says "uh, YOU'RE DELUSIONAL?????????"  😂

But I totally get where she's coming from.  SJP has that freaking tiny little body that can fit into anything, and they certainly used that to the hilt on the show. She was like Patricia Field's little Barbie doll. 

Kristin's like a beautiful, perfect doll, which made her just right for Charlotte, because there was an innocence to the character. 

And I remember that episode! SJP has a gorgeous little figure too, that is indeed a perfect clothes hanger, but I think most girls would die for Kristin's face and body.  

You're probably right about her feeling self conscious of her booty, because now that you mention it, there were a couple episodes Kristin briefly showed her breasts, but she never, ever showed the lower half of her body. The younger generation is a lot more proud of having hips and a butt, but that trend didn't start until Kristin was in her 30's, and I don't think butt implants became a thing until she was in her 40's. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I may be mistaken, but I remember hearing something YEARS ago that she was a little insecure because she has quite a booty, but , that's so attractive!  (You notice they don't show below her waist so much on the show?)  She's beautiful.  

I remember reading that too. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Count me in on admiring Kristin's figure. I love her little waist and curvy hips. So feminine.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I think most girls would die for Kristin's face and body.  

I'd die for that hair, not a split end or smidge of frizz in sight.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, cpcathy said:

Count me in on admiring Kristin's figure. I love her little waist and curvy hips. So feminine.

I know. Her waist is itty bitty. 

9 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'd die for that hair, not a split end or smidge of frizz in sight.

You don’t think her hair was too shiny? 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/11/2019 at 2:35 AM, RealHousewife said:
On 5/10/2019 at 4:53 PM, ByTor said:

I'd die for that hair, not a split end or smidge of frizz in sight.

You don’t think her hair was too shiny? 😀

If Charlotte thought it was (or not shiny enough), I'm sure she'd loudly shriek about it in a public place 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, ByTor said:

If Charlotte thought it was (or not shiny enough), I'm sure she'd loudly shriek about it in a public place 🙂

There’s an episode where she asks Carrie if her hair looks too shiny. 🙂

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

There’s an episode where she asks Carrie if her hair looks too shiny. 🙂

Oh yeah???  LOL I don't remember that.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/11/2019 at 7:19 PM, WendyCR72 said:

And Kim Cattrall is officially employed once more.

Good for Kim! I think all the women on the show are talented actresses. I know they were acting, but as a huge SATC fan, it does kind of sadden me that Kim didn’t feel like part of the group. I wonder if she had any problems with Cynthia or Kristin, or if it was just Sarah.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I know they were acting, but as a huge SATC fan, it does kind of sadden me that Kim didn’t feel like part of the group.

I agree.  Plus, IMO they did a great job acting, I totally bought them as real friends.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/13/2019 at 6:49 PM, ByTor said:

I agree.  Plus, IMO they did a great job acting, I totally bought them as real friends.

Me too. I’d love another movie but don’t blame Kim for being done with SATC.

I wonder if Priscilla Barnes still acts. She and Kim look a lot alike imo. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I rewatched season five earlier this week.  I found Carrie to be so annoying the entire season.  I didn't like her hair.  I didn't like her attitude.  Just everything about her irked me.

Samantha on the other hand looked beyond fabulous when she threw the drink in Richard's face.  Her dress and accessories were gorgeous.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/16/2019 at 11:12 PM, RealHousewife said:

Me too. I’d love another movie but don’t blame Kim for being done with SATC.

I wonder if Priscilla Barnes still acts. She and Kim look a lot alike imo. 

She plays a recurring character on Jane the Virgin.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jillybean said:

She plays a recurring character on Jane the Virgin.

Interesting! I love that she's still in the business. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Interesting! I love that she's still in the business. 

This is her character on JtV...not much resemblance to Kim here! LOL.

DOUn18vVQAAT8Ay.jpg:large

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Jillybean said:

This is her character on JtV...not much resemblance to Kim here! LOL.

DOUn18vVQAAT8Ay.jpg:large

Oh wow, you're right, haven't seen her in awhile! I have always found both her and Kim beautiful. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/1/2019 at 4:39 AM, ByTor said:

That's pretty much what they did with Samantha, though, which is why I found her and her "sexuality" annoyingly cartoonish.

Except when you really think about it, all the girls had a list of bedmates throughout the series. Sam had more memorable, over the top dalliances....but Carrie, Charlotte and Miranda weren’t exactly nuns on the show (nor should they have been...one of the salient points of the show was to celebrate female sexuality and sexual liberation from Puritanical parameters). I remember Miranda having to write down a list of how many guys she slept with, and she couldn’t even remember lol—and she told Steve she had been with like 36 guys in her lifetime or something.

The mythology is that Sam was just  cartoonishly bed hopping, but she had FOUR serious relationships on the show, and an ex that it was revealed that it took her a year to get over (after he dumped her for an Icelandic super model). Carrie certainly had a bunch of lovers throughout the series, and Charlotte did as well (her sex life wasn’t just Trey and Harry) 

Edited by BlueMoon81
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, BlueMoon81 said:

The mythology is that Sam was just  cartoonishly bed hopping, but she had FOUR serious relationships on the show

I'm not remembering...Richard, Smith, Maria, who's the 4th?  I'm sure when you say who I'll have a head smacking "I should have had a V-8" moment 🙂

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×