Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast In Other Realms-Oops, *Roles*

• Start Topic

On 10/26/2018 at 10:27 AM, Constantinople said:

Robb Stark plays the UK Home Secretary's PPO (bodyguard) in Bodyguard.

It aired on BBC over the summer and just became available on Netflix.

I like it so far and I think Richard Madden is doing a good job.

I just binged this and the guy who played his disgruntled war vet buddy looked familiar. Turns out he was on GoT too as Lothar Frey, the one who stabbed Robb's wife. From David Bradley being his father-in-law on Medici to this, he just keeps running into those Freys.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Lady S. said:

I just binged this and the guy who played his disgruntled war vet buddy looked familiar. Turns out he was on GoT too as Lothar Frey, the one who stabbed Robb's wife. From David Bradley being his father-in-law on Medici to this, he just keeps running into those Freys.

David Bradley was cast in a minor role in the BBC adaptation of Les Miserables. Interestingly, the Cosette in the adaptation is played by Ellie Bamber, an actress who once unsuccessfully tried out for Sansa and who is now dating Richard Madden, aka the actor who would have played her onscreen brother if she had gotten the part.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

Sophie Turner(who is engaged to Joe Jonas) appears in the new Jonas Brothers video "Sucker" along with the wives of the other brothers, Priyanka Chopra(married to Nick) and Danielle Jonas(married to Kevin)

• Useful 1

Sophie is also, of course, in the titular role of Dark Phoenix. The trailer is around and has mixed reviews. Maybe the movie will be good, but the trailer appears to be a bit of a mess, honestly. 

2 hours ago, Minneapple said:

Sophie is also, of course, in the titular role of Dark Phoenix. The trailer is around and has mixed reviews. Maybe the movie will be good, but the trailer appears to be a bit of a mess, honestly. 

Spoilers for UMBRELLA ACADEMY AHEAD!!!!

Ellen page did it better honestly. From what I’ve seen of the trailer for Dark Phoenix and what I’ve heard of reviews it sucks balls. Umbrella Academy and Ellen Pages Vanya is a thousand times better, more dynamic, sympathetic and interesting. And better acted by like...actually there’s no comparison. 

This was a while ago but Esme Bianco (Ros, aka the sexpositioner) is voicing Eclipsa in Star vs the Force of Evil on Disney XD.  I bring it up since that show is starting back up on March 10 for its final season.  

Eline Powell, who appeared as Bianca (the actress in the Braavosi acting troupe who played Sansa and wanted Lady Crane’s role of Cersei in S6) has been starring as Ryn (a mermaid) on Siren. It took me almost two seasons to figure out why she looked vaguely familiar to me!

I’m new to this thread, so I may have missed someone else mentioning the following, but there are 2 feel-good movies I always make time for:

Bloodsucking Bastards with Pedro Pascal as a boss at a telemarketing firm who has some interesting motivational techniques (also stars Fran Kranz, from Cabin in the Woods)

Knights of Badassdom with Peter Dinklage - a romp where a weekend’s LARP goes horribly wrong.  Also stars Ryan Kwanten (True Blood) and Summer Glau. 

None other than Bella Ramsey, our own Lyanna Mormont, is in the new biopic, Judy.  She plays Judy Garland's younger daughter Lorna Luft.  Renee Zellweger is in the title role.  The movie is supposed to be released in September.

• Love 2
On 3/5/2019 at 6:00 PM, GraceK said:

Spoilers for UMBRELLA ACADEMY AHEAD!!!!

Ellen page did it better honestly. From what I’ve seen of the trailer for Dark Phoenix and what I’ve heard of reviews it sucks balls. Umbrella Academy and Ellen Pages Vanya is a thousand times better, more dynamic, sympathetic and interesting. And better acted by like...actually there’s no comparison. 

I hated Ellen Page in TUA. Which also had Tom Hopper aka Dickon Tarly version 2.0. 

That being said Dark Phoenix looks like garbage and I know Emilia Clarke gets a lot of flack but I don’t think Sophie Turner can act at all. Tis a pity with these new X-Men movies because McAvoy and Fassbender are perfection - the youngins not so much. 

• Love 2

I am not sure where this goes but while watching Lord of the Rings this weekend I thought about what Game of Thrones could have been if they had cast someone as Jon Snow that had Viggo's presence.   Thankfully I did not watch all 8 season because I was pretty let down by the acting of the cast save for a few....

• Love 1
6 hours ago, plurie said:

Roose Bolton plays the prosecutor in the final episode of CHERNOBYL.

Good catch, I needed to imdb him when I realized I'd seen him before.

• Love 1

Dean-Charles Chapman (Tommen Lannister Baratheon) will appear in the movie The King which is scheduled to come out later this year. He has the role of Thomas of Lancaster(!) The movie is based on the life of King Henry V and stars Timothée Chalamet.  

Thomas of Lancaster was the younger brother of Henry V.  He died in battle in France. No record of him jumping out of a window. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

How is it that no one has posted yet that in addition to Richard Madden (Robb Stark), Kit Harington (Jon Snow) will be in the MCU’s Eternals, coming out late next year? Kit is playing Dane Whitman, aka The Black Knight ☺️.

Edited by Leila6
  • Love 5
On 5/27/2019 at 9:11 PM, catrice2 said:

I am not sure where this goes but while watching Lord of the Rings this weekend I thought about what Game of Thrones could have been if they had cast someone as Jon Snow that had Viggo's presence.   Thankfully I did not watch all 8 season because I was pretty let down by the acting of the cast save for a few....

My husband and I binge-watched GoT the past few weeks.  We finished season 8 this weekend.  After watching the finale, my husband put on one of the Lord of the Rings films in the background as we did some stuff around the house (He loves those movies, I'm not as enthusiastic about them but I don't hate them. We both LOVE GoT.)

I immediately thought that GoT's casting agents idea for Jon Snow was basically "baby Aragorn" - like a smaller (literally), less assuming, lesser stage presence (or screen presence, I guess) version of Viggo's character is what they had in mind for Jon Snow. I liked Kit's portrayal but I think he did start to lack some of the intensity he was getting with his acting around seasons 3-4 and by the last seasons it was somewhat one-note...although the story line could explain that).  I just had to jump in and say that the comparisons between those two characters (and by default, those two actors) really jumps out especially when you watch one right after the other.  As much as I like Kit, I can only dream of what kind of Jon Snow a young Vitto would have brought us.  

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 1

Peter Dinklage is starring off Broadway in a play called Cyrano.  Except, this Cyrano is a dwarf with a normal nose.

I've read three reviews and if it weren't a day and a half drive each way, it sounds like a most excellent presentation. 

• Love 1
On 6/5/2019 at 3:41 AM, plurie said:

Roose Bolton plays the prosecutor in the final episode of CHERNOBYL.

Maester Luwin was the communist party elder who gave the speech in the bunker about how proud Lenin would be and how they would all be rewarded. 

On 11/25/2019 at 12:52 PM, plurie said:

There are two GoT alumni in this season of THE CROWN:

Charles Dance (Tywin) plays Mountbatten and Rupert Vansittart (Royce) plays Cecil King.

Three actually. Tobias Menzies is the new Philip. I'm telling ya, Edmure still gets no respect.

On 1/26/2020 at 11:17 AM, dargosmydaddy said:

Conleth Hill is looking fairly unrecognizable (not only hair, but facial hair, too!) in Vienna Blood, a BBC drama that just started airing on PBS.

Conleth Hill is also in Dublin Murders as a police superintendent overseeing the two main characters.

On 5/10/2019 at 11:12 AM, Clawdette said:

None other than Bella Ramsey, our own Lyanna Mormont, is in the new biopic, Judy.  She plays Judy Garland's younger daughter Lorna Luft.  Renee Zellweger is in the title role.  The movie is supposed to be released in September.

Was so happy to see her in this! She got to dance, had a few scenes. In my head I yelled: "my lady lives!". 

• Love 3

Masie Williams is the lead in Two Weeks to Live on HBO a six-episode show.  She plays a badass similar to Arya and there's more than a couple of nods to Arya in the show.  Its a fun dark comedy.

Its about a woman who was brought up in isolation by her mother in Scotland, escapes to the south and meets up with two brothers.  When they trick her into thinking the world will end in 2 weeks, she embarks on her missing to avenge her father's murder.  Hijinks ensue.

• Love 1