Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast In Other Realms-Oops, *Roles*

• Start Topic

I read the thread but didn't see mention of Iwan Rheon playing an Army private named "Smurf" in BBC's Our Girl - a follow up series to a one-off tv movie about a woman who enlists in the British Armed Forces. I watched it and loved it, in all its cheesy glory.

This article about an indie movie called Blue Angel is mainly about the casting of Stanley Tucci, but the word is that there's an offer out to Sophie Turner to be in it.  The show has evidently put her in serious dangerous of being typecast as the object of the affections of much older men.

(edited)

Richard Madden plays Prince Charming in the Sir Kenneth Branagh-directed, live-action remake of Cinderella.

Hopefully the wedding in that movie will go better for him.

This article about an indie movie called Blue Angel is mainly about the casting of Stanley Tucci, but the word is that there's an offer out to Sophie Turner to be in it.  The show has evidently put her in serious dangerous of being typecast as the object of the affections of much older men.

Especially if there is a Jean Grey/Wolverine (Turner/Hugh Jackman) connection in the X-men movie she's cast in.

Edited by Maximum Taco
  • Love 1

Two of my absolute favorite fandoms coming together!  Maisie on Game of Thrones is a great casting decision and I can't wait to see her interact with Capaldi.  She'd make for a great companion but happily she's still with Game of Thrones.

• Love 1

So, who should I see pop up in a commercial break tonight? Our favorite gloriously-ginger-bearded bear fooker is now now the Wyndam Rewards Wizard for Wyndam Hotels!

So, who should I see pop up in a commercial break tonight? Our favorite gloriously-ginger-bearded bear fooker is now now the Wyndam Rewards Wizard for Wyndam Hotels!

I saw it last night.  Cheesy in the extreme.

Of course, I couldn't help but wonder if Sam "I always wanted to be a wizard" Tarly would be envious.

I saw the movie A Most Violent Year and the guy who played Rakaro (spelling?) who's head got sent to Dany in a sadle bag in season 2, had a fairly large role. It's funny because it was such a long time he was on this show but still I was like right away oh is that guy.

I saw the movie A Most Violent Year and the guy who played Rakaro (spelling?) who's head got sent to Dany in a sadle bag in season 2, had a fairly large role. It's funny because it was such a long time he was on this show but still I was like right away oh is that guy.

Saw him in World War Z the other day and given that was the film he left the show to do I thought he'd have a bigger part. Still he's doing ok now with him being the lead in his own show (Scorpion).

Saw San Andreas (Dwayne Johnson vs. Earthquake movie) today and Art Parkinson (Rickon Stark), had a supporting role in it.  Basically the typical kid character in a disaster film.

How was the movie itself? I've recently become a huge Ioan Gruffud fan and I'm already a Dwayne Johnson fan so I was thinking about seeing it.
(edited)

How was the movie itself? I've recently become a huge Ioan Gruffud fan and I'm already a Dwayne Johnson fan so I was thinking about seeing it.

Honestly, I'm still making up my mind.  I liked the cast (Dwayne, Ioan, Carla Gugino, Paul Giamatti, Archie Panjabi, Alexandra Daddario)  and there were some great action moments, but other times it was kind of dumb and there were a few dull moments scattered around.  But if you like disaster movies and Dwayne Johnson, this is pretty solid summer fare.  As for Ioan (mild spoilers about what his character is like)

he does what he can, but is hampered by a) playing the new boyfriend of the wife, who is destined to loose to the lead/Dwayne and b) having an American accent, which kind of makes him loose some of his normal charm.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 2
(edited)

Saw San Andreas (Dwayne Johnson vs. Earthquake movie) today and Art Parkinson (Rickon Stark), had a supporting role in it.  Basically the typical kid character in a disaster film.

Art Parkinson was terrific in it.  Coincidentally he plays a character named Ollie.  I liked the movie.  It was cool that I recognized about 8-9 actors in it, some in smaller roles and some in the main ones.

Edited by benteen
(edited)

I've recently learned that there are plans for a tv series adaption of Kim Stanley Robinsson's Mars trilogy. One of the characters in this series is an anarchistic Russian mechanical engineer with a wild red hair and beard. So now when I see Tormund I keep thinking Kristofer Hivju could be a good pick for the character if they ever gets as far as casting.

He's technically a bit to young for the part. Most of the characters are in their 50's I think and he's only 36. But they might age some characters down in the adaption.

Edited by Holmbo
(edited)

Got halfway through Force Majeur l(didn't finish, got bored) ast night and hey! There's Tormund!  Big old beard an all.  Personally I think it must be torture to have to keep that beard for however many years although he may keep it because he likes it I suppose.  Kit Harrison complained a bit about his hair and having to keep it the same on the Graham Norton show recently. 

Edited by marys1000

Honestly, I'm still making up my mind.  I liked the cast (Dwayne, Ioan, Carla Gugino, Paul Giamatti, Archie Panjabi, Alexandra Daddario)  and there were some great action moments, but other times it was kind of dumb and there were a few dull moments scattered around.  But if you like disaster movies and Dwayne Johnson, this is pretty solid summer fare.  As for Ioan (mild spoilers about what his character is like)

he does what he can, but is hampered by a) playing the new boyfriend of the wife, who is destined to loose to the lead/Dwayne and b) having an American accent, which kind of makes him loose some of his normal charm.

Art Parkinson was terrific in it.  Coincidentally he plays a character named Ollie.  I liked the movie.  It was cool that I recognized about 8-9 actors in it, some in smaller roles and some in the main ones.

Thanks for the recommendations, I finally saw it myself and loved it (minus Ioan's character naturally). Seconding the Art Parkinson love, he even managed to make me warm up to the name Ollie! :-P

• Love 1

I'm watching a movie called Calvary with Brendan Gleeson as a conflicted priest.  Suddenly he's having a chat with Lord Petyr Baelish outside the hospital.

Aiden Gillen had the same hair, mustache and soul patch, so it was basically Littlefinger wearing scrubs.

Odd.

Oh Jon Snow, who knew you were a tennis star?

Longer trailer

This looks kind of bizarrely awesome to me? Serena's "reverse Blind Side" line cracked me up, as did the last line in the trailer. I'm interested to see how Kit does in a comedy, since it's not something he really gets to do much on GoT. I believe the Xavier Dolan movie he's supposed to be doing with Jessica Chastain is meant to be a dark comedy as well.

Over the weekend, I happened to watch a few minutes of a schlocky D movie on Syfy, Triassic Attack. One of the actresses looked so familiar, then suddenly I recognized Emilia Clarke. She looked younger and a few pounds heavier. Guess, she really has paid her dues.

(edited)

Longer trailer

This looks kind of bizarrely awesome to me? Serena's "reverse Blind Side" line cracked me up, as did the last line in the trailer. I'm interested to see how Kit does in a comedy, since it's not something he really gets to do much on GoT.

If you want to see his comedy chops, you need to find the Sketch he did with Seth Meyers.

So seeing promos for the Dink's new movie Pixels lately, in which he's rocking a mullet.

krDY1QT.jpg

And it reminded me of learning from the interwebs that that was the hairstyle he legitimately had in his high school yearbook.

IU0AZOp.jpg

Edited by Lady S.
(edited)

Oh, I am now watching anther Syfy D movie, Silent HIll: Revelation and there is Kit Harrington. Okay, Sean Bean has now shown up as the lead character's father. So odd.

Edited by SimoneS
(edited)

Watched Woman in Gold last night with Charles Dance in a supporting role as a dickish attorney.  He was perfect, scowling and sneering at Ryan Reynolds.  Also in the movie was Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) as young Helen Mirren.  Good movie.

(Wouldn't you love to see Dance in a comic role sometime?)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2
(edited)

For those of you who can't get enough of political intrigue, monarchies, overly ambitious religious authorities and brother-sister loving, Spike brings you Tut, a 6 hour mini-series about the Egyptian pharaoh of the same name.  The first 2 hour episode airs this Sunday, July 19th at 9 pm US Eastern time, followed-up by the remaining episodes on Monday and Tuesday.

Among others it stars GoT's very own Nonso Anozie (Xaro Xhoan Daxos a.k.a Ducksauce) as Horemheb, Egypt's preeminent military leader, and Alexander Siddig (Prince Doran Martell) as Amun, the apparently trouble making chief priest.

Edited by Constantinople
  • Love 2

Genisys may struggle to hit $100 mil domestically. With that $155 mil budget, it's a bad time to be the 3rd Terminator movie in a row to go down from the previous film.

Hopefully X Men Apocalypse does well so Turner can have the best film track record.

Genisys may struggle to hit $100 mil domestically. With that $155 mil budget, it's a bad time to be the 3rd Terminator movie in a row to go down from the previous film.

Hopefully X Men Apocalypse does well so Turner can have the best film track record.

Not that I'm knocking Turner here, but Natalie Dormer is doing Hunger Games, which does very well. And Gwendoline Christie is doing Hunger Games and Star Wars: TFA. I'm pretty sure Star Wars is going to blow everything else out of the water, success-wise.

The X-Men franchise is a real boon for Turner though.

• Love 2