Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast In Other Realms-Oops, *Roles*

• Start Topic

As popular as GoT is, naturally, the actors have played/will play other parts, such as Peter Dinklage , who plays Boliver Trask in the upcoming X-Men: Days Of Future Past and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, who plays a guy who cheats on his wife and his mistress in the upcoming romcom The Other Woman.

Then there's Jack Gleeson's bit part in Batman Begins, Lena Headey's role in Imagine Me & You and Michelle Fairley's role in the upcoming 24: Live Another Day.

Chat about the GoT cast's other acting roles here, whether past or present, lead or supporting.

Anyone see the cast list for Caesar?  Its in pre-production now so I don't think the cast list if finished, but it looks like they're certainly taken an interest in GoT cast members both past and present!  Isaac Hempstead Wright as Octavius, MacKenzie Crook as Cassius, Indira Varma as Calpurnia, and John Bradley as Casca.  I'm wondering who they're gonna cast as the titular Caesar, but with so many GoT actors in this i'm definitely interested!  Its nice to see so many of these people start to get more roles and be recognized.

Link to IMDB page below.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3185182/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Edited by Izzyboy

Where I'm from we have a tradition with 'Easter Crime' so I've been watching Aidan Gillen being a creep in the show Mayday for the past three days with two episodes/days to go.   

Just saw Lena Headley in "Imagine You and Me" (or is it Me and You?), never had heard of the movie until last night. Interesting kind of rom-com, that. Felt gutted for the husband in that movie, but as for Lena's role itself, it wasn't bad. She played her role pretty well, I think.

Lena Headey also played Sarah Connor in the series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. So I guess it's the machines who travelled in time and poisoned Joffrey.

Lena Headey also played Sarah Connor in the series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

And, now Emilia Clarke is going to play Sarah in the new Terminator film being made.  I'm guessing years from now, Maisie Williams will be playing Sarah in another version!

Natalie Dormer was probably best known as Anne Bolyen in The Tudors, but I've seen her in a ton of stuff, like Rush, Casanova, and Captain America.  She also played Irene Alder/Jamie Moriarty on CBS' Elementary, and will be playing Cressida in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay films.

Ripper Street has become a bit of a haven for Game of Thrones actors.  Jerome Flynn is one of the leads, Clive Russell (The Blackfish) recurs as the Chief Inspector, Joseph Mawle (Benjen Stark), had a big role this recent season, and there have been appearances from Iain Glenn, Ian McElhinney (Barristan), Michael McElhatton (Roose), and Kristian Narn (Hodor).

I just noticed that Pedro Pascal, who plays Oberyn Martell, is playing FBI Agent Marcus Pyke on The Mentalist these days. It's a recurring role as Agent Lisbon's love interest.

• Love 1

Anyone see the cast list for Caesar?  Its in pre-production now so I don't think the cast list if finished, but it looks like they're certainly taken an interest in GoT cast members both past and present!  Isaac Hempstead Wright as Octavius, MacKenzie Crook as Cassius, Indira Varma as Calpurnia, and John Bradley as Casca.  I'm wondering who they're gonna cast as the titular Caesar, but with so many GoT actors in this i'm definitely interested!  Its nice to see so many of these people start to get more roles and be recognized.

Link to IMDB page below.

http://www.imdb.com/..._=tt_cl_sm#cast

Just checked the cast list again and its SEAN F'N BEAN AS CAESAR!!!!!  Which makes perfect sense since Caesar dies...LOL  Gee, hope I didn't spoil anyone there! :)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Just checked the cast list again and its SEAN F'N BEAN AS CAESAR!!!!!  Which makes perfect sense since Caesar dies...LOL  Gee, hope I didn't spoil anyone there! :)

Of course they cast Sean Bean as the person who dies! Also, that cast list does read like the one of GoT.

Speaking of Sean Bean, he was also the lead in Sharpe, a show based on a novel series about British soldiers in the Napoleonic Wars. One of the few roles where he lived until the end.

Obligatory Sean Bean death reel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJODirze5EM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJODirze5EM

• Love 1

The first two episodes of 24: Live Another Day aired tonight, revealing that the main villain is played quite surprisingly by Michelle Fairley. Even better, one of her henchmen is her daughter.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is in a great 2012 Norwegian movie titled "Headhunters." Poor Mark Addy is in "Atlantis," a guilty pleasure of mine. Has anyone else seen "Black Death" with Sean Bean rockin' his LOTR/GOT skills? It's awesome and the actress who plays the Red Witch is in it, too. She plays a...guess what? ;-)

• Love 1
(edited)

Michiel Huisman - the new Daario - made his first appearance as the love interest/alleged baby daddy of the lead character on Orphan Black this past Saturday.

Edited by Joystickenvy
  • Love 1

Sophie Turner and Jason Dohring (Veronica Mars) are narrating Cassandra Clare's City of Heavenly Fire.

City of Heavenly Fire is the sixth and final book in the Mortal Instruments series. The movie version of City of Bones (which starred Lily Collins, Jamie Campbell Bower, and Lena Headey) got horrible reviews and didn't do great at the box office, but they're still planning to do a second movie. Maybe if the audio book sells well, they will have Jason and Sophie go back and record the first five books too.

The first two episodes of 24: Live Another Day aired tonight, revealing that the main villain is played quite surprisingly by Michelle Fairley. Even better, one of her henchmen is her daughter.

Her red haired daughter! LOL

Just watched the British mini-series 'New Worlds' and there was Gendry (Joe Dempsie)! Playing his father was Roose Bolton (Michael McElhatton)! Quite an enjoyable series, even if it did romanticize British and American history quite a bit.

I'm sure everyone has heard of Diana Rigg's starmaking role as Emma Peel, or her role as the love of James Bond's life

her death at the end of that film traumatized me as a child

), but you may also want to check her out in the 2013 Doctor Who episode, "The Crimson Horror." She plays the villain of the story, in a campy, bellicose performance. She's a lot of fun. (her real-life daughter plays her character's abused daughter in the episode).

I also have to recommend Natalie Dormer's work in Elementary, which was, in the first season anyway, a fantastic role for her, and one of her strongest performances.

• Love 1
(edited)

I love Pedro but a drug show?  Really?  Gorgeous actor of South American descent and that's what he gets offered?  Gah.  

I'm hopeful.

Netflix shows have been great lately. Also I can binge watch all 12 episodes and then start missing Pedro Pascal again.

What's wrong with a drug show? Also is 'drug show' a genre now? I mean I know there's Weeds and Breaking Bad, but I didn't think it was a genre yet.

Edited by Maximum Taco

If you want to see a stellar performance by Mark Addy along with Sean Bean, Andrew Garfield, Michelle Dockery, etc., I highly recommend the "Red Riding Trilogy," which is three separate films:

"Red Riding: In the Year of Our Lord 1974"

"Red Riding: In the Year of Our Lord 1980"

"Red Riding: In the Year of Our Lord 1983"

Sean Bean is in the first and third films, and Mark Addy is in the third.  The trilogy is excellent, but it's a very dark story and not for the faint of heart.  You will need subtitles.

• Love 1

Stephen Dillane (Stannis) is in one of my favorite movies ever--Spy Game (don't laugh). He plays an antagonist, but boy do I find him ever so sexy. He is just so good.

• Love 2
I loved Littlefinger as Tommy Carcetti in The Wire.
Yup. That was some jarring shit the first time he showed up on GoT.

I've been watching GoT since the beginning but I just finally watched The Wire earlier this year, so as soon as Tommy Carcetti showed up, I didn't trust him because it was Littlefinger. In every situation, I waited for him to do the most evil thing possible.

• Love 1

I want to know if anyone has ever seen Aiden Gillen and Vince Gilligan (creator of Breaking Bad) in the same room together. The resemblance is uncanny.

Mark Addy is in one of my favorite guilty pleasures ever, A Knight's Tale.

• Love 2
(edited)

Peter Dinklage is your robot buddy in Bungie's new video game Destiny.

He comes in at 1:06 if you're too impatient to watch the intro (that sounds like it's done by Terrence Stamp)

Edited by Maximum Taco

Ciaran Hinds (Mance Rayder) played Julius Caesar in the (excellent) HBO series Rome.  Indira Varma (Ellaria Sand) also had a major part as a wife with a very big secret.  Many are fans of Jack Gleeson's performance as Joffrey; the young actor Max Pirkis pulled off a similar performance as the brilliant but scheming Octavian in Rome.  Check it out if you get a chance!

• Love 3

Rome ended too soon alas.  I don't know if drug shows are a genre yet but it seems like every Latino/South African/Mexican actor has to do his/her time as a drug dealer or fighting narcotics in a movie/show.  I know it is a valid topic but it feels stereotypical to me.  My pet peeve clearly.

• Love 1

Sean Bean will also be staring in Legends on TNT premiering August 13.

http://www.tntdrama.com/shows/legends.html

I keep seeing promos for this during my night owl TNT viewing, and Sean Bean's character delivers the line "Do you think I am afraid to die?".

I don't know if drug shows are a genre yet but it seems like every Latino/South African/Mexican actor has to do his/her time as a drug dealer or fighting narcotics in a movie/show.  I know it is a valid topic but it feels stereotypical to me.  My pet peeve clearly.

The only previous role I remembered Pedro Pascal in was as a rapist pimp on Law & Order.

The only previous role I remembered Pedro Pascal in was as a rapist pimp on Law & Order.

He played a college student on Buffy, and an attorney on The Good Wife... neither character was noticeably Hispanic.

I will always think of Pedro Pascal as a goth kid in a S8 episode of NYPD Blue.  Something about his performance always stuck with me - you could just tell, even from that minor role, that he was going to be a great actor.

Sean Bean will also be staring in Legends on TNT premiering August 13.

http://www.tntdrama.com/shows/legends.html

And he's also starring in Caesar, playing Caesar himself. Movie's in pre-production right now. Indira Varma is playing Calpurnia, Francois Arnaud (of Borgia fame), Marc Antony and Tom Weston-Jones is Brutus. I couldn't contain my very loud SQUEE!!! over this, and it's a good thing I'm alone in the office today.

Source, imdb.com.

(edited)

And he's also starring in Caesar, playing Caesar himself. Movie's in pre-production right now. Indira Varma is playing Calpurnia, Francois Arnaud (of Borgia fame), Marc Antony and Tom Weston-Jones is Brutus. I couldn't contain my very loud SQUEE!!! over this, and it's a good thing I'm alone in the office today.

Damn, according to the IMDB page, not only are Sean and Indira in it, but Issac Hempstead Wright is Octavius, John Bradley is Casca, and Mackenzie Crook (Orell from Season 2) is Cassius.  That's a decent amount of GOT folks.  Did Nina Gold cast this film?

Roxanne McKee; who played Daenerys' handmaiden, Doreah in S1-S2; is in that new SyFy show Dominion.  Right now, it looks like it will mainly be the love interest for the main character, but that's better then being locked in a vault with Xaro!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1

Gethin Anthony (Renly Baratheon) has been cast to play Charles Manson in NBC show, Aquarius.

A killer trio have joined David Duchovny in NBC’s Charles Manson-themed event series Aquarius, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Game of Thrones’ Gethin Anthony, Friday Night Lights’ Grey Damon and Bunheads’ Emma Dumont have boarded the 1960s-set drama, which stars Duchovny as a cop who goes undercover to track Manson and his brood.

I'll probably watch this, but I hate that Manson is still alive and is likely to get a thrill out of it.

(edited)

And now Michelle Farley's character on 24

has gone the way of Cat Stark, only by defenestration

(which is totally appropriate as it's period appropriate to the Game of Thrones).

Edited by SilverStormm
Spoilers from other shows should ALWAYS be tagged.

I can't find any of the Hollyoaks clips where Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei) and Roxanne McKee (Doreah) fought, but I did find this old clip of Nathalie giving career advice to what will likely be Daario Naharis #3.

• Love 1

Here are a couple of movies that featured our Tully sisters in small roles:  Michelle Fairley played a protective mother in the Nicole Kidman thriller The Others.  Michelle's part was small but I remembered thinking "pretty lady, good actress."  (I really enjoyed The Others; definitely worth a watch if you've never seen it.)  Kate Dickie had a small role in the sci-fi movie Prometheus.  I am not sure if she was using her "real" accent in Prometheus; if she was, she has just about the thickest Scottish brogue I've ever heard.

• Love 1

Here are a couple of movies that featured our Tully sisters in small roles:  Michelle Fairley played a protective mother in the Nicole Kidman thriller The Others.  Michelle's part was small but I remembered thinking "pretty lady, good actress."  (I really enjoyed The Others; definitely worth a watch if you've never seen it.)  

Shit, I think I've rewatched The Others since GoT's been on, but I either didn't see whatever part her character was in or it just didn't register with me. 

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but recently Comedy Central aired the James Franco/Danny McBride stinker Your Highness and I didn't change the channel right away. Charles Dance's name was in the opening credits, and he played the king who was very disapproving of his younger son (McBride, the protagonist).