Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
radishcake

S28.E04: Treehouse of Horror XXVII

Not only is this the 600th episode, it's also time for THOH! This was a hell of a good milestone episode.

"In hell, they make you watch all of them in a row."

Cold Open: Legion of Doom (Grimey, Kang or Kodos, Sideshow Bob, the Leprechaun)! Of course Maggie saves everyone (once again dressed as a droog, a callback from a THOH segment a few years back with Hugh Laurie). Not enough Grimey for my tastes.

Planet of The Couches: I said back when they did that "Couches Attack" gag that they wasted a good THOH bit on a couch gag, glad to see they actually pull it off here. Also, this was in VR for some reason. If anyone has it, how was it?

Dry Hard: Hunger Games spoof! Of course Lisa is the Katniss of the story, and enjoyed Homer killing off Pita/PETA so quickly. Loved how it devolved into Fury Road. Willie as Doof Warrior!

BFF RIP: God this was so dark, but I laughed every time someone died. Hey, more of Sherri & Terri's family! Sarah Silverman was a great fit as Rachel. Finally, a good use of her on this show. Yeah, I laughed at Lisa imaging up the motorcycle. Also, gotta love Bart transporting baggies to prisoners on the side. Possibly my favorite segment? 

Moefinger: The name of the segment itself was great, the rest of this was just icing. So every patron of Moe's bar is a 007/Kingsmen-level secret agent? And they have to save the world from a Free Steely Dan concert? Love it.

RIP Marvin Monroe, Uter.

"Drugs at a Steely Dan concert? Never thought I'd see the day."

Really liked that song at the end, and the crawl of all the canceled shows. If they really wanted to be ballsy, they could've put Son of Zorn in place of "Untitled Seth MacFarlane Project 2017."

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

"In hell, they make you watch all of them in a row."

Also on FXX  :)

• Like 7

Hm, at first I thought Moefinger was more a The Kingsmen spoof than James Bond, to me it looks like both were spoofed. And of course Moe buys pickled eggs by the gross.

I actually side-eyed the tv when The Critic and Futurama were listed in the awful cancelled shows scroll. Tsk tsk. 

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Really liked that song at the end, and the crawl of all the canceled shows. If they really wanted to be ballsy, they could've put Son of Zorn in place of "Untitled Seth MacFarlane Project 2017."

Couldn't agree more.

53 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Dry Hard: Hunger Games spoof! Of course Lisa is the Katniss of the story, and enjoyed Homer killing off Pita/PETA so quickly. Loved how it devolved into Fury Road. Willie as Doof Warrior!

I like how the various sequels showed how Lisa and the revolutionaries REALLY didn't think through the long term impacts of their decisions. Though I did like in the last part when Lisa was warming herself over the burning corpse of Mr. Burns.

Overall, a really good THOH episode.

• Like 2

Pretty funny but I could have done without poor Snowball II taking a knife to save Marge of all characters.

And how dare they stick Futurama with all those terrible shows?!

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 7

Before the fighting kids showed up, I thought the Hunger Games parody was going to be about Urinetown (I missed the title).  Too obscure?  Although it also had the theme of idealists not thinking through their revolutionary plans.

Nice callback to Lisa's imaginary friend Rachel Cohen! The "girl power" helmet with the flower made me laugh out loud.  "And it runs on pony smiles!" "You ruin everything."

Loved the idea of Moe running a spy agency, and the Moefinger closing credits, but the story itself was meh.  Also, I haaaaate Steely Dan's music.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Not only is this the 600th episode, it's also time for THOH! This was a hell of a good milestone episode.

Really liked that song at the end, and the crawl of all the canceled shows.

Remember Herman's Head??

Hank and Yeardley were actually on that show (which you would know by now if you clicked on the link).

I can only imagine their train of thought.

Yeardley:  You want me to do this show with you about the people in the guy's head?

Hank:  Face it, Yeardley.  That cartoon we're doing is only going to last till the end of the year.  We need to get work on a real show.

Edited by Twilight Man
  • Like 2

On 10/16/2016 at 9:34 PM, Spartan Girl said:

And how dare they stick Futurama with all those terrible shows?!

Because that's exactly what Groening and these guys do.  Nobody is safe from being mocked, including themselves.

I did enjoy the one or two seconds too long of walking by pickled eggs in the back of the bar.  

Edited by JTMacc99
  • Like 2

I really liked this one. Especially the Planet of the Apes couch gag. It was pretty clever. And the James Bond one was good too. 

The scariest bit: seeing Mr. Burns do this during the Hunger Games one (kind of meta, since there's Hungry Eyes in that movie (Flashdance), song wise).