Type keyword(s) to search

GH Quotes: Even Bad Writers Hit Upon Good Ones

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Ha! When was that from? Also, I can't believe Carly actually admitted she was jealous.

2015 NB. Interestingly, Carly actually had some *small* moments of truth about JnR over the years with other characters. 

It was only when she was around Robin when she would flip the script. My faves in recent years was when she told Robin that Robin had "the most amazing man in Jason and you blew it" (Um, Carly, you mean you tortured Robin until she left?) and her saying that "Jason picked me over you and you're still choking on it!" 

• Love 1

My favorite Sonny line ever is probably, re: Spinelli: "What is this . . . creature doing in my living room?" It was scary how much I related to Sonny in that moment. And MB gets credit too, because half of it was the delivery.

• Love 7
Just now, ulkis said:

My favorite Sonny line ever is probably, re: Spinelli: "What is this . . . creature doing in my living room?" It was scary how much I related to Sonny in that moment. And MB gets credit too, because half of it was the delivery.

HA! Dude, I related to any character who couldn't stand Spin. And I never believed Jason would ever stand someone like that around him. Then again, Jason cared about Carly, who faked a mental illness by talking to a damn PILLOW, so nevermind.

• Love 5

If Spin were real, I would think Sonny was mean, but he wasn't, so I was fine with it. I found it weird/unrealistic how everyone was just super indulgent of Spinelli. And yeah, Sonny was a jerk to him but Spinelli was an adult. He could have walked away, but dealt with Sonny for BFF Jason. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

If Spin were real, I would think Sonny was mean, but he wasn't, so I was fine with it. I found it weird/unrealistic how everyone was just super indulgent of Spinelli. And yeah, Sonny was a jerk to him but Spinelli was an adult. He could have walked away, but dealt with Sonny for BFF Jason. 

This may be a UO, but I think the stuff said about Spin, from Mac, Patrick, even Sonny, were supposed to play as more humorous as opposed to downright cruel. Like, to me, Carly constantly throwing Robin not being able to have children in her face was cruel. Not anything said about Spin.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

dealt with Sonny for BFF Jason

Now that I think about it, that's probably why Sonny was such a jerk to Spin: He was jealous of Spin's relationship with Jason. He doesn't like to share. Hee.

• Love 3

From back when Sarah Brown was Carly. Jason and Carly talk about their relationship while Robin meets with Alan. This was when Carly was still a nursing student. I'd link the clip but I can't do it without linking the entire group of 161 videos lol.

Carly: Is Robin sick or something?

Jason: Do they pay you to do something here?

Carly: What's the matter with you? Afraid I'm going to tell her whose changing your oil on a regular basis? You know, why does she always come first?

Jason: Because that was decided before I met you.

Carly: I see. So you sleep with me and she gets the rose. Put us together and you've got one whole girlfriend.

Jason: Carly, what's the problem? We have what we have and you picked it. If the question is do I like you? Yeah, I do.

Carly: Okay, then what is it about me? I mean I could be walking down the street with Robin, or just about anybody, we both fainted at the same time you would drive over my limp body to bring her smelling salts.

Jason: Because you wouldn't faint - you'd be faking.

Carly: Would it surprise you to know that there is a man, one man, who feels something more for me?

Jason (shaking his head): Uh uh.

Carly: You know, he doesn't have an ulterior motive, the man's never even laid a finger on me and it's funny cause the head nurse here thinks that he belongs to her but when I'm around he doesn't even give her a second look. To him, she's me and I'm Robin.

Edited by cmahorror
Because Tamara Braun and Sarah Brown are different people - thanks HeatLifer!
  • Love 2

That was SJB's Carly. <3

Also, I laugh EVERY time at this part. 

Carly: Okay, then what is it about me? I mean I could be walking down the street with Robin, or just about anybody, we both fainted at the same time you would drive over my limp body to bring her smelling salts.

Jason: Because you wouldn't faint - you'd be faking.

• Love 5

Fell into the rabbit hole...

Never watched during the Robin and Jason years so I only caught this storyline through clips and I hate the hatchet job they did on Tony Jones but this line from when he rescued Robin and Michael struck me. Jason is carrying a passed out Robin out of the cabin and says this to Tony.

Jason: What do you think your chances are of living one minute longer than she does?

The way he said it, you had no doubt he meant every single syllable he said.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, cmahorror said:

Fell into the rabbit hole...

Never watched during the Robin and Jason years so I only caught this storyline through clips and I hate the hatchet job they did on Tony Jones but this line from when he rescued Robin and Michael struck me. Jason is carrying a passed out Robin out of the cabin and says this to Tony.

Jason: What do you think your chances are of living one minute longer than she does?

The way he said it, you had no doubt he meant every single syllable he said.

Jason's love for Robin was LIT. It really was so pure and sacrificial. This quote (and there are so many to choose from, but I'm lazy at the moment) always described it to me.

"I would live my whole life...and never see her again...if I knew that she was happy."

• Love 1

This....

Carly: Did he ever tell you about his first love? An angel named Robin. She was so close to perfect, she blinded you with her halo. Jason loved her to distraction. Did I mention that she moved to Paris? Oops, I wonder how that happened.

And then this....

Carly: You lost Jason. And you hated the fact that we were still close. You've never been able to let go of this grudge against me! It's outta control!

So Carly implies that she purposely got rid of Robin. And then to Robin herself she acts like she's the victim and never did anything. I'm in a Carly hole and I like it here bc she makes me laugh.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

My favorite thing about Carly vs. Robin is that these days Robin just rolls her eyes whenever Carly goes on a rampage. And of course, Carly will always be insanely jealous of Robin's place in PC.

Did Carly ever find out that Robin saved the holy hitman's life and properly thank her for it?

I remember them hugging at that rushed Scrubs Wedding, but I was barely attention those last few months before I tuned out when Scrubs left.

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Did Carly ever find out that Robin saved the holy hitman's life and properly thank her for it?

Yeah, she apologized for being nasty to Robin when she thought she left Patrick and said she was grateful to her for bringing Jason back. And then Robin said Carly was good for Jason and Sonny and I tried not to black out. But their hug was sweet and I'm actually glad the show ended their feud, to be honest. It was time.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

My favorite thing about Carly vs. Robin is that these days Robin just rolls her eyes whenever Carly goes on a rampage. And of course, Carly will always be insanely jealous of Robin's place in PC.

I think Carly's jealously was seeded in the fact that she always wanted to be viewed by others in the way Robin was. She wanted to be loved and wanted. But she especially wanted Jason's romantic love. That's why she really hated Robin, even after Robin dumped Jason's ass and the Michael stuff. It was always bc Jason loved Robin in a way he never loved her.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm actually glad the show ended their feud, to be honest. It was time.

Same here. I think there will always be some friction between them, and that's okay, but their active feud should be over and done with. Same with Elizabeth and Sam. It's ridiculous the show is still shoving Liz at Jason. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Same here. I think there will always be some friction between them, and that's okay, but their active feud should be over and done with. Same with Elizabeth and Sam. It's ridiculous the show is still shoving Liz at Jason. 

I think they need to end Liz/Sam in the *right* way, though. Something happened way too recently for them to pretend they're all good and mature now. They need at least an episode for closure and then for it to be done for good.

• Love 3

Oh, definitely. That stuff at the Q mansion came out of nowhere—there should have been at least some exasperation on both sides about Elizabeth being the one to offer Sam a ride to GH. I think if Elizabeth apologizes genuinely and sincerely to Sam about the Jakeson stuff and Sam accepts it genuinely and sincerely, then they can be done with it once and for all. It's absurd that way the show keeps those two at odds with each other over Jason. After 10 years, it's dumb, boring, and pointless.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

They can just do something along the lines of what they did with Liz/Sam in 2007ish?

1. Stopped behaving like a crazy asshole

2. Felt and showed actual remorse

3. Apologized sincerely

4. When given the opportunity to make amends, she did

It's more difficult with Liz right now because she is (super-grossly) involved with Franco but most of this stuff is pretty standard soap.  Liz is a nurse. Strand them together because of Reasons, have Liz help Sam through delivery and move the frack on

• Love 3

That's all they need to do. Have Liz apologize and save Sam or the kid. The end. 

(I still don't think the fans wars will ever end, though. Blah. Most just want their fave to be the "winner" of Jason as if he's some symbol of Worth. But writing the story properly and letting Liz move on is better than nothing.)

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

(I still don't think the fans wars will ever end, though. Blah. Most just want their fave to be the "winner" of Jason as if he's some symbol of Worth. But writing the story properly and letting Liz move on is better than nothing.)

Sam already "won." Jason told Liz to her face that he didn't want her and then went off to be with his wife and son. That should have been the end of it, but stupid Ron had to kill Jason off and then bring him back and then restart the drama again unnecessarily. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Sam already "won." Jason told Liz to her face that he didn't want her and then went off to be with his wife and son. That should have been the end of it, but stupid Ron had to kill Jason off and then bring him back and then restart the drama again unnecessarily. 

Yup, I know.

I was referring to the fact that no matter what happens on-screen, a lot of  Liz and Sam fans will continue to fight over Jason. But that I still wanted the writers to do the story right and let go of Liz vs. Sam.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Robin is walking down the hall at the hospital when she is pregnant and sees Patrick staring at her.

Robin: What? Am I waddling?

Patrick: Gliding.

Robin: Yeah, right.

Patrick: You're beautiful. You know, I pictured a lot of things when you got pregnant, but I never realized how sexy you would look carrying my child.

Robin: I know you that think that's a compliment, but it sounds just a tad proprietary.

Patrick: Well, I know it's the neanderthal in me, but I'm embracing it wholeheartedly.

Robin: Really?

Patrick: Yes.

Robin: Feeling very masculine and potent, are we?

Patrick: I think we should check.

Robin looks behind her to see he is pushing her to a supply closet: Oh, how convenient.

It's little scenes like this that really make you believe in the couple - scenes we just don't see anymore.

• Love 5

Sonny: Here's the thing--the less contact I have with Spinelli the better, because once he starts talking how he talks, I get upset.

----

Spinelli: Once Theo's identity as the Balkan was discovered, I was able to make considerable progress procuring an electronic footprint, as it were.

Dante: Records, financial, medical, that kind of--

Spinelli: Yes. And once it became apparent that Suzanne took Lucian to Phoenix, I was able to hone in on a specific area. I discovered that one of Theo's bank accounts was used to procure an automobile.

Dante: (to Sonny) Well, that's a car.

Sonny: You think I don't know that?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, cmahorror said:

scenes we just don't see anymore.

Speaking of types of scenes we no longer see, am I crazy, @ulkis, or would BM have made a good '90s Jason recast? I could totally picture him in a scene like this one:

Robin: Can I get you something? Anything?

Jason: I've got everything I want.

Robin: Missed you while I was gone.

Jason: Really? After being cooped up here? Figured you'd see the sun and go wild.

Robin: Yeah! That's me! Wild woman.

Jason: What did ya do?

Robin: In the last couple hours?

Jason: Yeah, tell me everything. Everything!

Robin: Okay, okay! Um...I washed my hair.

Jason: Didn't look dirty.

Robin: It wasn't! That's just what you do, you wash your hair!

Jason: Okay, and?

Robin: Okay and I...talked to Uncle Mac for a little while. Katherine came, we chatted for a little bit.

Jason: About what?

Robin: You're funny.

Jason: What?!

Robin: We discussed interpersonal relationships....men!

Jason: Think I can figure that out, I'm not that slow! What else?

Robin: Took a couple phone calls. Some guy wanted to sell me insurance, some other guy wanted me to contribute to public television. I opened the mail.

Jason: Anything interesting?

Robin: No, not really. All I wanted to do was come back and see you. And tell you I love you very, very much.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Maybe :) He would have been too young though, kinda, depending on what BM looked like. 

ew, Katherine mention.

Yeah, ages are off, but I see him doing better with THAT Jason than Stone Cold. 

I love this scene so much. 

Jason: Compared to St. Jason, I'm the devil or something. 

Robin: You don't really believe that. 

Jason: Tell me about his faults and maybe I'll change my mind. Now think hard, there has to be something that he did wrong. Flunk a test....or not do his homework.

Robin: Okay! I thought of something! One time...he grew his hair out...and it looked really, really bad.

Jason: That's it!? I'm desperate to nail this guy and all you can tell me is that he had a bad hair day?

• Love 2
(edited)

https://www.soapoperaspy.com/2018/general-hospital-head-writers-open-up-about-new-storylines/

Sure - I too am way past tired of the mob stuff but fill the hospital up with doctors and nurses.  This article about the rationale for stuffing unpopular characters Franco/Stella or uninspiring actors (e.g., Sabrina, Felix, Brad) in the hospital doesn't ring true.  The writers seem to have devoted a lot more time and energy into 'parking-lot-pete' and SBu's return than they have the resurrection of the hospital. 

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny

My favorite quote from the last year is the multitude of times that someone has had to say "Jason has brain damage."  or himself "because I have brain damage."  I snicker every single time.  Only really good part about the memory swap mcguffin story.

• Love 1