Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Home on the Range Part 1

Part 1 of 2.  Kim and Kroy pack up the Biermann contingent, including six children, two dogs, two nannies, one personal chef and 25 pieces of designer luggage, and journey to Kroy's Montana hometown.  However, Kim soon misses the comforts of her own home.

Normally this show is my light, fun affair. It doesn't stress me out like the drama of the housewives. It's just a good laugh. 

Last night stressed me out. Good God, these people are a cluster. I'm sorry, but stop saying you have 6 kids like it's some hardship. The older 2 are almost completely self sufficient. So, you have FOUR that need looking after. And you have 2 parents, 2 nannies, 2 teenagers, and a chef on the trip. The little kids are outnumbered, double! Why is it so hard to keep an eye on them??? I have 3 kids that are all less than 2 years from each other, and I've never had issues like these people. 

Plus, I am soooo the opposite of Kim and her girls. I would DIE for a Montana vacation. I love the outdoors and anything in nature. (Although, I'd rather go in summer, because I'm a bit of a baby about extreme cold.)

At this point, I'm starting to wonder if they're not making Brielle say shit to play up her "dumb" act. Because, really - you think Columbus "discovered" America less than 100 years ago???

• Love 9

Maybe if Kim put down her trusty red solo cup for a minute she, her husband and her nannies could actually keep track of all her kids. Her drams is so fake, give me a break. I used to live in Wyoming and love Montana is gorgeous. But of course all they are worried about is Starbucks and Chick-Fil-A. And do not even get me started on how they cuss in front of the kids and now the kids sound like sailors. That is a huge pet peeve of mine!

I know opposites attract but damn Kroy what the hell did you see in Kim. Were you blinded by her wigs and fake boobs? 

• Love 3

Kim and the two oldest girls need to learn to expand their horizons.  Even Ariana came off as ungrateful and snotty last night. We have a beautiful country.  They are lucky to be able to travel and explore but all they want to do is stay planted at home and complain when they don't get their way. Kim seemed very annoyed and irritated with the constant eye rolls. Not endearing at all. I don't know how Kroy puts up with it. What a bunch of wet blankets. He seems like a pretty mellow guy in light of the constant manufactured drama that surrounds him.

Bruce is a nice guy and was cute with the younger kids who seemed to be enjoying themselves. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, FanOfTheFans said:

Kim and the two oldest girls need to learn to expand their horizons.  Even Ariana came off as ungrateful and snotty last night. We have a beautiful country.  They are lucky to be able to travel and explore but all they want to do is stay planted at home and complain when they don't get their way. Kim seemed very annoyed and irritated with the constant eye rolls. Not endearing at all. I don't know how Kroy puts up with it. What a bunch of wet blankets. He seems like a pretty mellow guy in light of the constant manufactured drama that surrounds him.

Bruce is a nice guy and was cute with the younger kids who seemed to be enjoying themselves. 

All they, Kim/older daughters, do any more is sit around whining/complaining about everything!

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

All they, Kim/older daughters, do any more is sit around whining/complaining about everything!

I know and it is such a sad way to live. The little kids still have that natural enthusiasm but I'm afraid that is going to get squashed right out of them too.  Kids have to grow up fast enough.  Why deprive them of that before their time? Kim could be teaching them about the world around them. No wonder Brielle is the way she is.  

• Love 6

Bruce was all kind of confused and wanted nothing to do with ALL those damn kids should something happen to Wig and Kroy. I'm sure his wife would have some say and it would be HELL NO!  How annoying is this woman?  I can't believe Brielle called Kaia an asshole at the dinner table. Trash, just pure trash!

• Love 6

Aside from the bad language, which is NOT funny or cute, I mostly enjoy the show and the 30-minute peeks into their lives. I like best when we see homey stuff like KJ and Kash helping Tracy prepare snacks and meals. Brielle has too much presence on the show, IMO, and needs to get a real job and move on from Bravo-lebrity, but Kim will never push her when she can justify Brielle's role as a "job" and a paycheck. Girl is apparently dating an MLB player so I guess Kim has taught her well. 

Nice that Kim was able to admit Montana is beautiful. The drama with Kash (or was it KJ?) on the runaway sled was so manufactured. He wasn't going to get hurt and he was right to tell Kim she was acting like a baby! Can't wait until he grows up enough to be really, really annoyed by her drama queen antics.

I was happy that we finally saw the nannies that we all know are there but don't usually appear on camera. No, Kim and Kroy are not wrangling that herd all on their own and they need to admit it. 

The times when Kim and Kroy mentioned their parents being cut out of their lives was... weird. To go all the way to your hometown in Montana and not take your kids to see their grandparents? Then to film your trip for your TV show, with footage of a family pal in the role of "grandpa", which your parents -- the real grandparents -- are going to see? Wow, that seems so cold to me. I've always felt that Kim may have reason to distance herself from her mother (something was off about that lady) but certainly Kroy can bend a little and take the kids to visit his own parents for an afternoon. (I suspect he actually did and we didn't see it because they either don't want to be filmed or it doesn't "fit" in the Kroy-Kim story.) He better watch out, someday he may realize they were right in their reservations about Kim.

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

The times when Kim and Kroy mentioned their parents being cut out of their lives was... weird. To go all the way to your hometown in Montana and not take your kids to see their grandparents? Then to film your trip for your TV show, with footage of a family pal in the role of "grandpa", which your parents -- the real grandparents -- are going to see? Wow, that seems so cold to me

This times eleventy million.  I can not believe they went to Montana with all the kids and did not stop by to see Kroy's parents.  That is so fucked up.  Makes me think that Kim is a cold, selfish bitch.  I guess everything with her is my way or the highway and Kroy's parents don't fit her bougie view of herself and her life.  Kroy's an ass for letting Kim treat his family like shit.  Not talking to either set of parents? I hope they realize they're setting an example that there own kids are going to remember and emulate.  Maybe they don't want Kroy's salt of the earth parents to hear KJ say "motherfucker" or the kids call each other "asshole".

Edited by zulualpha
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, zulualpha said:

This times eleventy million.  I can not believe they went to Montana with all the kids and did not stop by to see Kroy's parents.  That is so fucked up.  Makes me think that Kim is a cold, selfish bitch.  I guess everything with her is my way or the highway and Kroy's parents don't fit her bougie view of herself and her life.  Kroy's an ass for letting Kim treat his family like shit.  Not talking to either set of parents? I hope they realize they're setting an example that there own kids are going to remember and emulate.  Maybe they don't want Kroy's salt of the earth parents to hear KJ say "motherfucker" or the kids call each other "asshole".

I didn't even think of that. Kroy at times has seemed so together, disciplined, and wholesome, yet he apparently has no objection to his wife and kids throwing those words around constantly. And yes, maybe if he did take the kids to visit his parents he would have a hard time closing his eyes and ears to just how awful Kim's behavior appears when seen by decent, mature adults.

• Love 7

When KJ said motherfucker and Kim said it's not a word they use in their family, I thought, "oh, OK, Kim.  He probably just heard it at school or in a play group because it's not a word his mother, sister or the cook would ever use." Right, uncouth bitch.

• Love 5

I used to just laugh at Kim but now I find myself being more offended by her behavior and bad language because her kids are mirroring it on national TV. Kim doesn't have a problem with it and wants us to think she's laughing all the way to the bank. Starting to hope this is the final season of "Tardy". 

• Love 3

I try not to be a huge prude about language. They're just words, and I curse a fair amount myself. However, even though I am super close with my mother, there's always been this respect thing where I watch my language around her. Once in awhile something slips - out of both of us! But cursing is generally reserved for peers, my husband, etc. I definitely try to watch my mouth around my kids. 

But again, saying bad words isn't the worst thing. Here's the issue, though - not everyone is the same and there are many, many parents out there who do not want their kids cursing. Kash and KJ are going to be the reason other 4 and 5 year olds are learning to say "mother fucker". And that's not cool. My kids have heard "damn" and "shit", but I don't think they've ever heard MFer. (Granted, they're homeschooled.) I used to work in daycare and I had this one 2-year-old who cursed up a storm. He was an only child and his parents took him to very adult activities all the time (dinner parties, the track). Pretty soon, I had a whole classroom of kids saying, "fucker". I kid you not. 

Kash and KJ are going to be those kids. Kim thinks it's cute, but it's going to make a hard time for those kids socially. What other parents are going to want to have them over for a playdate? Are they intending to isolate their kids the way they've isolated themselves? 

• Love 10

Maybe if Kim put down her trusty red solo cup for a minute she, her husband and her nannies could actually keep track of all her kids. Her drams is so fake, give me a break.

Despite her claims about how much she wanted a large family, Kim seems quite detached from all the kids, with the exception of Brielle. I don't see any bonding, and it was clear that being in Montana (i.e., doing something she didn't want to do) and trapped with all those kids (who normally are handled by nannies while Kim gambles and shops) was getting on her last nerve.

I think she dotes on Brielle as a mini-me but also feels competitive with Brielle.

Publicly avoiding Troy's family, while being in his hometown, is an especially nasty move, regardless of the history of conflict. I especially give Troy the side eye for not trying to figure out a solution when it all started, instead of abandoning his family to appease Kim. That tells me alot about his character. They are both trash.

• Love 12

The work Kim had most recently on her face makes her look so much like her mom.

The fact that they cut their families out of their lives? Their kids may grow up and do the same to them or Kim and Kris might easily turn on them if they fail to toe the line. Karma, it's a bitch.

• Love 4
On 10/6/2016 at 0:23 PM, zulualpha said:

How is it Kim's fault? It's his family and if he wanted to see them he would. I don't see how this could be blamed on Kim.  We don't know anything about his family, maybe it's his choice to not see them.    Not all grandparents are good for children, sometimes there are very good, valid reasons to keep them apart.  Kroy is a big boy, if he had wanted to go to their house he would have. 

My husband has no relationship with his parents at all,  I'm glad that nobody has ever blamed me for it. 

The cuss words don't bother me in the least. They're just words,  unless they're calling their teacher a mother fucker I think they'll be OK.  

Who cares? Nobody ever died or had bad things happen to them because they say fuck or shit a lot. I don't care how people speak, it doesn't affect my life in any way. I cuss a lot, I mean a LOT and I cussed in front of my kids when they were young. That doesn't make me classless or a bad person or parent. It just makes me somebody who uses salty language. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1

I guess the cursing is a personal thing.  I don't find it cute or funny when children do it the way the Biermann kids do and a 4 year old dropping the MF-er?  Yuck.  I've certainly done my share of cussing, having been married to a sailor, but I never did it in front of my kid. 

Even if Kim encouraged Kroy to cut off his family (and not saying she did), that's still on him.  I think it's sad for all concerned but most especially for the children.  If there is a divide because Kroy married Kim, his family needs to accept that and accept her.  Family is family. (Now if they were abusive or unfit or something like that, that's different and I can understand distancing yourself.)  But how sad to travel to Kroy's hometown and he doesn't see a single family member.

• Love 2

Yea, I'm hesitant to comment on the family stuff because I feel like we just don't know enough about it. We only saw Kroy's family on TV a few times, and while they seem like very lovely people, we don't know that for sure. And they could be good people, and still have done the wrong thing at some point. I don't know. My father disowned me. When I moved across the country to be with my husband after only dating for 3 months, he freaked out. He decided immediately that he didn't like my husband and he was trying to "control" me. Too much other stuff to get into, but he CHOOSES not to be in my life because it's not the way he would have wanted it to turn out.  I drive by his street all the time and never see him. My kids have never met him. It's pretty sad. 

My inlaws are hanging by a thread. They have done so many terrible things to my husband and they continue to be BFFs with his ex (who he never had kids with) and HER kids call them "grandma" and "grandpa". It's crazy. We only see them once a year, and that's enough. If it weren't for OUR kids, we wouldn't see them at all. Sometimes we honestly wish we had cut off ties before we got pregnant. Very toxic people. 

Anyhow, I'm just saying, family isn't everything. My mom and sisters are my best friends and I have a lot of family I'm close to. But family situations can also get really fucked up. Kim and Kroy seem very protective of their kids. I totally understand why she cut HER family off. I just don't know enough about what happened with Kroy's to have an opinion. They might not have been accepting of Kim. And, as easy as that is for many of us to understand, she is his wife and mother of his four children. At some point, you have to let differences go. Or not. But then you deal with the consequences. 

So I don't know. I'm not ready to lambaste the Biermans for this particular decision. But I will say that filming there and not visiting seemed cruel and unnecessary. 

• Love 8

I base a lot of my opinion on the dinner at the Atlanta house where Kroy's family was there and Kim made snotty talking head comments about how boring they were and how she had nothing in common with any of them.  She didn't like the conversation, it wasn't peppered with enough obscenities and off color jokes for her I guess. 

I have been a fan of Kim since RHoA and I followed her over to her own shows and enjoyed them a lot for the most part.  From what I've seen of Kroy's family they're what my grandma would call country people.  They make beef stroganoff with hamburger and Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup.  They make apple jelly and give it as gifts.  They shop at the mall.  Kim does none of those things and isn't willing to be around people who do.  Maybe there was a dust up with Kroy's parents at some point, it would have been after they got married, IDK.  To me, it's up to Kim to make the extra effort with Kroy's parents in particular.  That's JMHO. 

A wise woman from NJ, okay a woman from NJ, Teresa Giudice was asked in one of her talking heads why she bothered to struggle to have a relationship with her brother and his wife when all there was was drama 24/7.  This was a few seasons ago.  Anyway, Teresa said she didn't want her daughters to see that when the going got rough with family the way to handle it was to cut people off.  To her, her daughters relationships with each other was paramount.  Say what you will about Teresa, she's right on this one imo.

3 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Even if Kim encouraged Kroy to cut off his family (and not saying she did), that's still on him.

Technically I guess.  But I'll bet cutting his family out completely wasn't his idea and it absolutely had something to do with Kim so I blame her unless I find out the parents did something really bad. 

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

But I will say that filming there and not visiting seemed cruel and unnecessary. 

It's rubbing their nose in it and humiliating them in front of everyone.  Uggggghhhhhh.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I totally understand why she cut HER family off. I just don't know enough about what happened with Kroy's to have an opinion. They might not have been accepting of Kim. And, as easy as that is for many of us to understand, she is his wife and mother of his four children. At some point, you have to let differences go. Or not. But then you deal with the consequences. 

Exactly. We saw quite a bit with her family but not so much his.  I think it was hinted or insinuated that his family did not like Kim and were not happy.  I understand that but I would think you suck it up and support Kroy, even if you don't support his choice.  They are missing out on time with him and with his children.  And that includes Brielle and Ariana, since he adopted them.

• Love 1

I'll go there: I'm sure the break between Kroy and his parents has Wig's fingerprints all over it. I base this theory on the convo between Kroy and his mother while he was dancing with her at his wedding. His mother said (paraphrased): "If you love her, we'll learn to love her, too." I'm also guessing that it would be difficult to impossible for the fake and insincere Kim to make any kind of effort with what seemed to be Kroy's lovely and down-to-earth family.

• Love 7

Yeah I thought there was something Kim said that was kind of low key and never pursued on the show.  Namely about questions regarding the wisdom of having twins when Kroy's career was in question (looking at the twins birthdate and ESPN.com it seems Kroy was either coming out of his injury and though was a play to get pay contracted player but had a risk injury insurance policy he paid about 80% of out his salary and the rest was covered by his whole contract package  so he was getting money but it probably had to go in part back into his team rehab which, unless a star player, the player has to pick up some of the costs or even all -- not the facility itself but the treatments outside of the team facility).

There was some comment from her about the twins that came off a bit defensive and I wanted to see whoever was with her on Watch What Happens just give her wig a good yank it was so ignorant and self-serving.  But I wonder if it was in reference to Kroy's parents being concerned about the future and having such a large family to take care of while trying to live so large?  I can see Kim twisting it or exacerbating the situation as an attack on the family itself. 

Plus something that sticks out is that Kim herself had her fingerprints on half of the social media and tabloid war she tried to take advantage of with her own crazy and toxic family (I agree there was something so off with her parents that keeping them at a distance was a smart move).  Kim played hard and public with that feud.  To the point that some thought she was hard hearted even though I thought there was plenty of room to blame some attention seeking parents of hers.   I think if any discord in the family had been truly caused by Kroy's family something would have leaked to the media or put out there someway on social media if Kim thought she could blame them, get attention and get sympathy.  To me that is how she works.  The fact that it is so quiet suggests at least in some part, Kim not only was the cause but also knows whatever she did doesn't make for a good subtext to keep the show and herself in headlines and public attention. 

And cursing/cussing, from this potty mouth, is not the issue so much as the fact that her brats, no surprise though, are learning to have no respect for people.   They know that the words have an effect and an adverse one and yet they still let fly.  they might not understand fully why, but they do know the response they are getting and it goes beyond just attention.  It is like when she was in that last season episode talking about throwing rocks at cars and it was a sort of bragging.  She is so self centered and so offended when she has to bear adverse responsibility for her actions and that spills over with her children's language.  It also bears a sort of really mean spirited aggression.  If anyone finds offense then you get labeled a prude or too judgemental.  Even as Kim knows it is beyond the norm and outside acceptable behavior.  I can and do curse like a proverbial sailor and no it hasn't killed anyone yet.  But no one has dropped dead yet either because I skipped a "fuck" on occasion either.  And whether people should care or care so much about cussing isn't the issue for me.  Its that Kim knows it crossed boundaries for others and that is the real reason she lets it slide if not openly loves it.  It is a pissing contest for her and she wants the ground flooded with hers before anyone, rival or not, even shows up.

• Love 2

On a camping trip, Kim and Kroy sat around the campfire with their kids and explained why they don't see Kroy's parents. There was reference to Kim being an older woman with two kids, and also I think Kim alluded to her lifestyle - she couched all of it as being things that Mrs. Biermann disliked. During this campfire scene, there was a quick shot of Kroy's mother making a face at some point earlier, supposedly in reaction to something Kim was doing. Anyway, Kroy was very assertive as he stated that based on these events he refuses to see his parents. What really bothered me was how early in the relationship he decided this, and how self-satisfied he sounds when he talks about it. He simply abandoned his parents over a new relationship, and Kim is thrilled that he did it.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 4

I rewatched this epi and there's a part where the family is in the car in Montana and Kroy is driving.  He says - my house is right down there, past the railroad tracks, just go down that road and it's about 400 yards.  He looks so much like he wants to go right then, like if Kim said, hey let's stop by, he'd have pulled a screeching U turn and been there in a hot minute.  But Kim just sat there with her stupid hair hat on and didn't say a word.  It was really sad.

• Love 6

gosh what I wouldn't give to be able to get away from here and visit such a beautiful area!  she is so shallow, so vapid, and completely unappreciative. 

as for the language, imagine being that teacher, and having to deal with a) that child, and then b) that mom at a parent conference.  no thank you.

• Love 2
On 10/7/2016 at 8:20 AM, ghoulina said:

I try not to be a huge prude about language. They're just words, and I curse a fair amount myself. However, even though I am super close with my mother, there's always been this respect thing where I watch my language around her. Once in awhile something slips - out of both of us! But cursing is generally reserved for peers, my husband, etc. I definitely try to watch my mouth around my kids. 

But again, saying bad words isn't the worst thing. Here's the issue, though - not everyone is the same and there are many, many parents out there who do not want their kids cursing. Kash and KJ are going to be the reason other 4 and 5 year olds are learning to say "mother fucker". And that's not cool. My kids have heard "damn" and "shit", but I don't think they've ever heard MFer. (Granted, they're homeschooled.) I used to work in daycare and I had this one 2-year-old who cursed up a storm. He was an only child and his parents took him to very adult activities all the time (dinner parties, the track). Pretty soon, I had a whole classroom of kids saying, "fucker". I kid you not. 

Kash and KJ are going to be those kids. Kim thinks it's cute, but it's going to make a hard time for those kids socially. What other parents are going to want to have them over for a playdate? Are they intending to isolate their kids the way they've isolated themselves? 

I don't watch the show regularly, but I have certainly seen my share of episodes. I too am not so put off my cursing, but she curses in just about every sentence and does not seem to try to curb it in front of her little ones. For example when they are in the car- and it's an enclosed area and she is cursing away and the kiddles are right there. I have been really disturbed by that to the point where it surprises me that no one has suggested to her that at least while on camera, do not curse in the presence of the kids.  I am surprised that thy don't curse so much. Then again, I don't hear them talking much. 

Brielle was a cute sweet kid way back but now looks like she is trying to be a mini plastic plaything. Kim at least, in my opinion, is rough and tough but has street smarts and common sense (mostly-except for the setting examples in front of the kiddies)but Brielle not so much.............

On 10/12/2016 at 4:45 PM, Missy Vixen said:

I'll go there: I'm sure the break between Kroy and his parents has Wig's fingerprints all over it. I base this theory on the convo between Kroy and his mother while he was dancing with her at his wedding. His mother said (paraphrased): "If you love her, we'll learn to love her, too." I'm also guessing that it would be difficult to impossible for the fake and insincere Kim to make any kind of effort with what seemed to be Kroy's lovely and down-to-earth family.

But how do you know they're "lovely and down to earth" when they were shown for all of 6 minutes?  Even the worst of the worst can fake it for a few minutes.  We know NOTHING about his family.  

If there's a division with Kroy and his family, that's on him not Kim. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Maharincess said:

But how do you know they're "lovely and down to earth" when they were shown for all of 6 minutes?  Even the worst of the worst can fake it for a few minutes.  We know NOTHING about his family.  

If there's a division with Kroy and his family, that's on him not Kim. 

I tend to agree with you. Yes, the Biermans seemed like a really nice, wholesome family. But we barely saw them. And I recall a lot reality TV "stars" who I thought were fairly down to earth, good people, when they first started. But after several seasons you're like, "Whoa". And I'm not even saying they're bad people. They could be good people and Kroy could be a good person, but somewhere along the lines things got complicated. Good people can make mistakes and hurt those they love. Family stuff can be hard. I just don't think we've seen or heard enough about it to really form an opinion one way or the other. 

• Love 1

We may have barely seen the Biermanns, but they're not living in Tinseltown or auditioning for their own reality show. I'm willing to bet they're more down-to-earth, evidenced by the gifts they gave Wig at her bridal shower and the facial expressions during a wedding a Kardashian would think was over the top. 

Kroy is no saint, either. We've seen plenty of evidence through the seasons of Don't Be Tardy that he has no problem mistreating those he doesn't like or those who don't agree with him. My money is still on the fact his family tried to talk with him about Wig, the accelerated breeding program, and the fact he wouldn't be in the NFL forever. I'm guessing it didn't go well for them.

• Love 2

Yeah, there was something very cold about the way Kroy answered the teacher and another local person who asked if he was staying with his parents while he was in town. His curt and abrupt "NO" to both people surprised me. It was so rude and off-putting. Even if his parents have said negative things about his adoption of Kim's daughters, he didn't have to make their discord a part of his TV show and air the family's dirty laundry. He chose the "going home to Montana" storyline, after all, not his parents.

I've enjoyed the show but think I'm going to end up thinking Kroy and Kim are just assholes. 

• Love 4

Interesting, I didn't find Kroy to be cold at all. I thought it was just an awkward subject for him and he probably wanted to change the subject quickly before any of them asked any more questions about it.

• Love 3

(I agree there was something so off with her parents that keeping them at a distance was a smart move).  Kim played hard and public with that feud.  To the point that some thought she was hard hearted even though I thought there was plenty of room to blame some attention seeking parents of hers. 

At one point, I think Kim said her parents sold info about the girls' fathers to the tabloids.  At the same time, when Wig was single and living in the townhouse, she was more than happy to let her parents babysit, subsidize her lifestyle etc.  

Kroy is no saint, either. We've seen plenty of evidence through the seasons of Don't Be Tardy that he has no problem mistreating those he doesn't like or those who don't agree with him. My money is still on the fact his family tried to talk with him about Wig, the accelerated breeding program, and the fact he wouldn't be in the NFL forever. I'm guessing it didn't go well for them.

That could be.  It would take a big man to call them and say, let's make peace for the kids' sake.  He's not that man.

• Love 1

Also, when Kroys teacher asks him how his family/parents are and if they were staying with them, I noticed Kroy just piloted said "no" with no details. I think he was embarrassed to say they were there without visiting but he's not embarrassed for it to be on TV

• Love 2