Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
FanOfDorks

Dr. George O'Malley: 007

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 5:08 PM, FanOfDorks said:

Anyone else miss Dr. George O'Malley?

I'm not ashamed I cried like a bitch when he wrote 007 on Merdith's hand.

same here, he was my favorite dr. sometimes I watch the clip on yutube where he writes 007 on her hand and I still get choked up

I’m rewatching, I’m the middle of the very first episode right now. And yes, I too miss George!  Poor 007 he just froze in surgery but it left me wondering why Burke, as a cardiothorasic surgeon, is doing an appendectomy?

On 9/30/2016 at 4:08 PM, FanOfDorks said:

I'm not ashamed I cried like a bitch when he wrote 007 on Merdith's hand.

I just rewatched this episode last week and I still get chills when Meredith realizes it's George.  Such a well-done finale!

• Like 1

I convinced a friend to watch this show from the beginning over a matter of weeks and one day she walked into my office wailing, "George is dead!". I didn't know where she was in her binge and thought she was talking about a coworker (that I despised). It was a confusing moment.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 0:55 PM, Earmuffs Mom said:

I just rewatched this episode last week and I still get chills when Meredith realizes it's George.  Such a well-done finale!

I just did the same thing, for me Georges death was the saddest episode, followed by Lexi and Mark, I know for most it was Dereaks death, but for me, George. I will admit when he wrote 007 and grabbed Meritdeths hand and she realized who she was my tears flowed like they did when I first saw this episode, same when Izzie is on the elevator and sees him in his army uniform. For me this is the best episode ever.

On 10/24/2017 at 0:55 PM, Earmuffs Mom said:

I just rewatched this episode last week and I still get chills when Meredith realizes it's George. 

Ellen's acting in that scene...Chills is right: my body reacts viscerally to what she puts out there as she stares at the mummy who instantly became a person -- a beloved person, the beloved person who would make the joke/find the ingenious solution of sketching 007 -- and then whirls away from his bedside, running off-center toward the camera: "It's George!" 

"It's George."  The combination of shock, horror, even panic overtaken by the greatest urgency and focus. I'd drop everything and do anything Ellen asked me to, in that voice. She sounded like a trauma physician. She sounded like a physician. And a mother. And a friend.

• Like 3

I don't know. To me it all felt really hollow. He had been such a non-entity for an entire season, if not longer. He didn't have any major storylines of his own, he didn't have a close connection to anyone anymore, he was basically... just there. And often you'd even forget he existed any longer. So, when he died, no matter how dramatic it was, a lot of emotional impact was lost. On me, at least.

And I absolutely detested how they handled the aftermath of his death, condensing a whole month within one episode so they'd get the supposed stages of grief over with and be done with that. At least we found out last week that Bailey had cried over him for an entire year. That's something, I guess.

Although, I bet Shonda wishes she had done things differently and let him join the army and have Izzie die of that cancer instead.

Poor Lexie had it even worse, though. She didn't die as a hero (George, Derek) or in peace surrounded by everyone who loved her and cared about her (Mark). Instead, she got eaten by wild animals, and quickly enough, Meredith got a replacement sister!

• Like 3

I miss George more than any other ex character. Imo he was the most compassionate doctor they ever had. I just rewatched the first episode yesterday, it almost brought a tear to my eye seein him and others again