Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: The Freak Comes Out at Night

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, ryebread said:

Also, Nico and Kelley made that bet in the crew mess about who would ultimately 'win' Emily.  Ugh.  All's fair in love and war.  Merely strategy for Kelley to tell Emily about Nico's honey. 

If Nico is as immature as I think he is, he probably won't even be mad at his bruh for doing it.  It's all just part of the game.  "High five, bro. Watch what *I* do next."  Good thing Emily seems smart.  Someone more naïve could get hurt by these two lame-ass lotharios.

I hate that crap.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

On Wednesday, October 05, 2016 at 9:55 AM, ryebread said:

On Wednesday, October 05, 2016 at 10:18 AM, ryebread said:

On Wednesday, October 05, 2016 at 10:07 AM, Thumper said:

4 hours ago, ryebread said:

Also, Nico and Kelley made that bet in the crew mess about who would ultimately 'win' Emily.  Ugh.  All's fair in love and war.  Merely strategy for Kelley to tell Emily about Nico's honey. 

If Nico is as immature as I think he is, he probably won't even be mad at his bruh for doing it.  It's all just part of the game.  "High five, bro. Watch what *I* do next."  Good thing Emily seems smart.  Someone more naïve could get hurt by these two lame-ass lotharios.

I hate that crap.

I'm sure She's All That and many other teen movies have taught them that relationships started in douchey bets are great as long as the girl catches feelings during the bet/scheme/caper. The real world has taught me that what actually happens is a big old Lana Kane "Nooooope!"

5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm sure She's All That and many other teen movies have taught them that relationships started in douchey bets are great as long as the girl catches feelings during the bet/scheme/caper. The real world has taught me that what actually happens is a big old Lana Kane "Nooooope!"

I'm an old...no idea who Lana Kane is...Marvel heroine??

3 hours ago, BogoGog24 said:

Yeah I'm glad Emily isn't playing into their advances. She politely acknowledges it but basically says "Thanks but no thanks." She can see right through their boyish BS. 

There is still time - I am going to guess she hooks up with one of them.  Unless they switch the drama gears over to Ben/Sierra.

2 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

There is still time - I am going to guess she hooks up with one of them.  Unless they switch the drama gears over to Ben/Sierra.

I thought maybe the previews made it seem like she hooks up with Ben.

• Love 1
On 10/8/2016 at 3:52 PM, Petunia13 said:

I actually think Lauren is the prettiest girl on charter. Her skin tone and lips are gorgeous and she has a genuine warm smile. 

I definitely agree. I do not understand the allure of Emily. At all.

• Love 2

I actually don't particularly enjoy British accents... I've spent quite a bit of time in England and have family there so it's just whatever to me. I like Ben because he's generally very upfront about things. He has an endearing quality to his arrogance, to me. He's not exactly good looking though and I wouldn't hook up with him. He's been "around" a bit too much.

Emily is nice and whatever but I don't find her cute at all. Lauren is beautiful and has an accent as well and yet they're all after Emily? Lauren also seemed very chill until her whole thing about being friend zoned by Nico; she seems to overall have a good personality. I just don't get it.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 2

I think that Lauren is better looking by a mile or two, at least. Some guys are truly intimidated by strong, beautiful women, so they will go for the small, mousey, "safe" choice. I can remember Kelly falling head over heels for that other orthodontically challenged, goofy looking chick in a previous season, the deckhand whose name escapes me at the moment.

• Love 3

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I caught a bit of a haughty vibe from Ben saying he just couldn't understand Kyle's accent. YES, WE KNOW, YOU'RE UPPER-CRUST.

Kelley was starting to grow on me a bit last week, but this week he single-handedly destroyed every last bit of my goodwill when he said "girls catch feelings." I hope he catches a throat-punch.

• Love 4

Kelley has a good body, ok face, & big dick and he can affable in a casual sense as a colleague or drinking chum. As a repeat lover, bf, and close friend he is a skip it. I recall his amateurish games he plays when dating and repeated crying jags well from earlier seasons. He is in his 30s now time to put away childish things. 

• Love 1

Lauren has enviable skin tone. I am also medium shade but cool and she is warm. Her color is v golden and honey toned unlike the other women's on charter or my own which has pink or blue undertones. I have a hard time w cosmetics worrying if it'll clash w my cool undertones and being darker. That's another thing she wears not a stitch of makeup and most of the women there do a eyes, full coverage foundation, contour, and heat style their hair. I have a feeling if she went full glam they'd shit their pants. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, ketose said:

I don't find Lauren attractive. To each their own.

It's crazy how subjective attractiveness is because I'd say she's the most beautiful woman to be on this show on any season.

On the other hand, Kelley should be attractive to me, the elements are all there, but he's just not. At all.

12 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I think Nico looks like Scrubs era Zach Braff 

Buuurn!!! I can't stand Braff and I do think Nico is A LOT more physically attractive but I can see it a little, haha.

• Love 2

Not a fan of anyone saying "a female". Yes, there are much more offensive ways of using it, but just say woman. I don't remember her sentence verbatim but it was something like "as a female, I don't like it when a man...". I keyed in on the disconnect between female and man/men. Using it as a noun like that grates me even in an innocuous context, which is why I labeled it as a pet peeve. Not always rational, just triggers my metaphorical gag reflex.

I feel the same way. It always seems derogatory to me for some reason.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, snorca said:

I feel the same way. It always seems derogatory to me for some reason.

And in the same vein I can't stand "woman" being used as an adjective. As in "woman Senator" or "woman engineer."

• Love 1