Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Wedding Bells

Ok.  If anyone has this show DVRed, go to the scene, at Erin's wedding, where they show everyone settling in on the pews.  There is a snippet where Michelle is, literally, stroking this little Asian girl's shoulders in a very maternal way.  I also caught a glimpse of the same little girl next to Jim Bob earlier in the episode.  Since there aren't many Asian ATI families, I wonder who this girl is and why she's  being snuggled or watched by the Duggars.  

Duggars have had a visit from a family who I think do a lot of missionary work and I think are in the cult. They have a lot of bio kids but then they've also adopted a bunch from all over the world. I can't remember the name but I thought the little one Michelle was 'mothering' might have been one of theirs. I thought it kind of sad that when we actually see her being attentive and warm with a child it wasn't one of her own. Not begrudging the little girl the attention, just thinking one of the Lost Girls might benefit from it too.

• Love 1

I thought Erin's wedding was very beautiful and she looked amazing. However , her voice. That's all I can say. Even Chad's voice sounded weird and didn't match his appearance IMHO. They seem to be happy and in love , however. Kelly also looked nice. I actually didn't hate the wedding colors too much. TLC should have made their wedding its own special IMO. 

I thought Erin's wedding was very beautiful and she looked amazing. However , her voice. That's all I can say. Even Chad's voice sounded weird and didn't match his appearance IMHO. They seem to be happy and in love , however. Kelly also looked nice. I actually didn't hate the wedding colors too much. TLC should have made their wedding its own special IMO. 

What?!!!  And take the spotlight away from the almighty Duggars.  How dare you suggest this.  *lol*

It's king of creepy, actually.  Erin does this little baby/toddler voice when she is talking about Chad or romantic things. Stranger still, Priscilla did it, too.  It's almost as if they think that's how people act when they are in love.  They don't come across as independent young women. They act and speak like frail, childlike girls in need of protection.

• Love 3

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or the 'Bates...' Thread, but did anyone else notice that Kelly frontal hugged Ben, and he seemed awkward, but also when JB was introduced to Whitney she went to frontal hug him (both her arms were out) and quickly swapped when she saw he was going for a side hug. It seems to me that the Bates' have different views physical contact, than the duggars. In addition, all the Bates children that are now married hugged when they were engaged. There were also rumours that Zach and Whitney didn't save their first kiss for their wedding day, and that they weren't chaperoned.

Just finding it interesting the differences in the Bates and Duggar, courtship and engagement rules/standards

• Love 1

It seems to me the Bates are not lying when they say the kids (ahem, adult children...) set their own standards. Based on the reaction to Jill's front hug, it is clear the parents set the standard for the Duggars.

• Love 2

About the baby voice- I have a friend who is Mormon & she talks just like Michelle. In fact my friend called once & my DS said there was a little girl on the phone for me, LOL!

• Love 1
(edited)

It's weird to me how Gothard hates "feminine" men, but the "manly men" seem so few and far between in these QF families.  Nathan Bates is gayer than your average episode of Glee, and we've spoken at length about The Fabulous David Waller.  Chad seems pretty average in that regard.  And he seems like a nice enough guy.  I have no clue how/why he puts up with that hideous pink bedroom - I know when you're newlyweds you put up with a lot, but two years from now I'd love his honest opinion on that room.  (A bit selfish of Erin, too, if you ask me, to do up the bedroom the way SHE wanted it, rather than creating something they'd both like, but I digress.)

Edited by McKay

I think I might just have an extreme bias towards thinking that a majority of these guys are closeted gay men.  He definitely gave me a weird vibe in the Wedding Bells episode.

That is a bizarre that she painted the room pink! It's a shared bedroom not a little girls princess room. 

Oh that David Waller. He can't keep a lid on that forever. Out it comes at some point and it's not going to be pretty. Poor guy and poor wife. Ugh.  

Oh that David Waller. He can't keep a lid on that forever. Out it comes at some point and it's not going to be pretty. Poor guy and poor wife. Ugh.  

I watched the David and Priscilla wedding the other day..OMG- he is so playing for the other team . It is kind of sad that he can't be the person who he really is because of the narrow mindedness of the Church.. Priscilla has not a clue and I feel sorry for her and the kids..

• Love 1

I saw this episode as a rerun the other day. This is the show where Ben and his mom go with the Duggars to Erin's wedding. On the way down, I remember Jim Bob asking Ben if he is lovesick..I guess meaning is he in love with Jessa, and Jessa answered in a very snarky way to her dad "Do you even know what that means?" , all while they're on the bus. I could see Jessa was super annoyed with the question and also that Ben's mom was thrilled to be on the show with Ben. I guess the Seewald's also had to pass Jim Bob's test, maybe even more so than Ben did.

• Love 1