Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
atomationage

Kate: Chrissy Metz

Recommended Posts

Guest

I hesitate to say this because it does get taken wrong but I think part of why they cast Metz is because I think she'd be a stunner at a healthier weight.  Not that she's not beautiful now.  But if they planned to have a true makeover happen, and I hope they do, she's a great choice because her 'after' is going to be really, really gorgeous.  Even if she gets down to 'just' obese, I think.  And some of us tend to lose weight more 'top down', so who knows, she could even lose down to 300 and be much, much prettier.  

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I hesitate to say this because it does get taken wrong but I think part of why they cast Metz is because I think she'd be a stunner at a healthier weight.  Not that she's not beautiful now.  But if they planned to have a true makeover happen, and I hope they do, she's a great choice because her 'after' is going to be really, really gorgeous.  Even if she gets down to 'just' obese, I think.  And some of us tend to lose weight more 'top down', so who knows, she could even lose down to 300 and be much, much prettier.  

Yes, I think she's very pretty right now, and I wonder if dramatic weight loss would make her face look gaunt.  Maybe not, because a face only has so much adipose tissue to lose and her face doesn't seem to have that much to begin with.  I think overall a big weight loss is going to cause skin sagging problems, though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, SlackerInc said:

And maybe that is why they picked someone "super obese", despite it being such a rare situation: to forestall any audience or critical complaints that she should just be happy with her body as is. 

Oh great theory! That would have been very smart of them.

11 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

When the viewers want her story to be more than about her weight, it cant be. Her weight is a daily struggle to find a chair she wont break, a booth she can fit in (none), a seat belt in her car that will fit, if she can even get behind the wheel. A watch that will fit her wrist, can she get thru turnstiles at events, clothes that fit and so on. She has to plan every move with her weight in mind.

I agree, I have never been able to see how her story could be about anything but weight, at least until she got under the 250 range.* At her size absolutely everything would be a struggle, and require extra thought or work or planning. I hope this show makes it a story about how she lost enough weight to live like everyone else - not how she learned to accept a life of never knowing if a chair would hold her or if she could get through a door.

*My basis for that being, the first question for chairs I always see on the ask-a-question section of online furniture stores is, "weight limit?" It is almost never more than 250 pounds.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

Yes, I think she's very pretty right now, and I wonder if dramatic weight loss would make her face look gaunt.  Maybe not, because a face only has so much adipose tissue to lose and her face doesn't seem to have that much to begin with.  I think overall a big weight loss is going to cause skin sagging problems, though.

I know people who have lost far less than Metz/Kate needs to lose and loose skin was a problem to the point that they had to have surgery.  And it will show in her face, although I do think she'll still be quite pretty.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I think the saggy skin problem depends at least partly on how fast the weight came off.    I have lost 102 lbs and while I do have some saggy skin it is not to the point that I need skin removal surgery.  My face is also thinner but not to the point of being gaunt.  I admit to being worried about this before I decided to finally do something about my weight but I figured losing the weight was more important than the possibility of saggy skin.  I lost the weight very slowly (took about 2 years) and I think that helped me to avoid any major problems with saggy skin.  I have a friend who had weight loss surgery (and lost about the same amount of weight in much less time) and she ended up with very saggy skin.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, abbey said:

I think the saggy skin problem depends at least partly on how fast the weight came off.    I have lost 102 lbs and while I do have some saggy skin it is not to the point that I need skin removal surgery.  My face is also thinner but not to the point of being gaunt.  I admit to being worried about this before I decided to finally do something about my weight but I figured losing the weight was more important than the possibility of saggy skin.  I lost the weight very slowly (took about 2 years) and I think that helped me to avoid any major problems with saggy skin.  I have a friend who had weight loss surgery (and lost about the same amount of weight in much less time) and she ended up with very saggy skin.

Yeah, there are a lot of factors--time it takes to lose the weight, how the weight is lost, body composition (amount of muscle).  The people I know who had the surgery were both pretty petite in build (I'm not sure how tall Metz is...) and lost the weight moderately quickly.  I'm thinking it was about 100-125 pounds in a little over a year.  It is interesting that, of these two people who had skin removal surgery, did so for health reasons (she was having some serious skin issues) while the other chose to do so for more cosmetic reasons (not that there is ANYTHING wrong with it).  Unfortunately, only one of them has kept the weight off post surgery and the other is back to their start weight and, if she loses the weight again, will be back to having the same issues with loose skin.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Is it insulting to say that a thin or average size person has a pretty face?  I think if a compliment is genuinely meant, the size of the person shouldn't determine whether it's icky or not.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, MaryPatShelby said:

Is it insulting to say that a thin or average size person has a pretty face?  I think if a compliment is genuinely meant, the size of the person shouldn't determine whether it's icky or not.

I think it is *how* it is said.  Tone of voice says quite a lot....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Like my mother watching this show and saying, "Oh, she has such a pretty face. Too bad she's just so fat, just like my (sister) Leigh."

Where's the dislike button?

That is terrible and brings back memories of my mother saying to me when I was a kid, "If you would just lose 5 pounds, you'd be so much prettier...."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On Monday, December 12, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Either the writers are misjudging Toby as a romantic and attractive character, because it seems on this board about 50% highly disagree that he is such, or the writers are intentionally making Toby a fucked up and controversial character, to show that Kate has some issues to work through...

As others have stated, we on this board seem to be in the minority of not thinking Toby is a great catch for Kate. The writers have shown us over and over how aggressive Toby is, but they've also shown us how much Kate LOVES that about him. She's written to like that he pushes her out of her comfort zone - any time she expresses discomfort about his pushiness, she ends up coming around and ultimately enjoying the push. So in the end I guess I think it's neither of the above. We're just supposed to love them together.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I tried to find this in her Twitter feed but couldn't - at some point she posted a GIF of him saying to Kate, "the only thing I can't live without is you," and her (the actor's) comment was something like, "now that's true love." So either Chrissy buys into the Toby-is-delightful premise or she's gaslighting us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, random chance said:

I agree, I have never been able to see how her story could be about anything but weight, at least until she got under the 250 range.* At her size absolutely everything would be a struggle, and require extra thought or work or planning. I hope this show makes it a story about how she lost enough weight to live like everyone else - not how she learned to accept a life of never knowing if a chair would hold her or if she could get through a door.

*My basis for that being, the first question for chairs I always see on the ask-a-question section of online furniture stores is, "weight limit?" It is almost never more than 250 pounds.

Very well said.

I think the show has fudged a few of the hurdles Kate/Chrissy has to go thru on a daily basis. There is no way she would fit in that coach seat on the airplane. Yes, I know she bought 2 seats. But, she isnt just big from side to side, she is very big from front to back. No tray table for her.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if IRL she has special reinforced folding chairs to take places with her?  At my peak I brushed up against 300 pounds, and never broke any furniture (so I imagine the 250 lb. guideline includes a safety margin), but 400 lbs. is quite another matter.

And yeah, she's not that tall, and as others have pointed out her legs aren't that fat, so she has to have specific issues about fitting her midsection places.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Very well said.

I think the show has fudged a few of the hurdles Kate/Chrissy has to go thru on a daily basis. There is no way she would fit in that coach seat on the airplane. Yes, I know she bought 2 seats. But, she isnt just big from side to side, she is very big from front to back. No tray table for her.

Bigger people like Chrissy also can't place napkins on their lap without it dropping on the floor - my father-in-law probably weighs more than 300 lb and places napkins on his stomach area.  He has no choice.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Did they ever say how much she weighs on the show? And I agree about coach, she carries a lot of her weight in the front, there is no way.

Maybe that will be a contributing factor to Toby keeling over - that it was hard to get out of the middle seat and walk around the plane periodically like you're supposed to do.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, random chance said:

Did they ever say how much she weighs on the show? And I agree about coach, she carries a lot of her weight in the front, there is no way.

Maybe that will be a contributing factor to Toby keeling over - that it was hard to get out of the middle seat and walk around the plane periodically like you're supposed to do.

I don't think they've ever said her weight.  Rebecca peeked over to see her weight on the sheet Kate was signing at the doctor's appointment, but we weren't given a look.

One thing I hate about air travel is that even though you're supposed to walk around, it is really hard to do so between the people coming and going and waiting for the bathroom and the attendants serving or cleaning up.  Not easy at all.  I just do the seated leg exercises when I think of it, and my doctor said taking an aspirin can be a good idea before a long flight.  Of course that wouldn't apply to everybody.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Very interesting article.  I was not aware that it worked that way as I know several people who had bariatric surgery and they all gained the weight back and then some.  Maybe the folks I knew had a different type of bariatric surgery than the people in this article did. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Interesting article about weight-loss surgery and its aftermath:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/27/health/bariatric-surgery.html?_r=0

That really was super interesting.  Thanks so much for sharing it!

This point, made early in the article, is exactly what I've been banging away about on this topic:

"She tried programs like Weight Watchers, but her urge to eat, as powerful as the urge to breathe when holding your breath, defeated her. It is a drive, obesity researchers say, that people who have never felt it find hard to fathom."

 

2 hours ago, abbey said:

Very interesting article.  I was not aware that it worked that way as I know several people who had bariatric surgery and they all gained the weight back and then some.  Maybe the folks I knew had a different type of bariatric surgery than the people in this article did. 

I suspect they had the "lap band" surgery that has fallen out of favor and which one of the doctors said his colleagues would generally refuse to do now even if their patients requested it.

I was stunned that just 18 years ago, the death rate within one year for this surgery was nearly five percent.  The article called that "borderline unacceptable", but I would say it's beyond the unacceptable point!  Now it's down to about one-fiftieth of what it was at 0.1%, much more reasonable.

It's funny: in the first photo especially, I didn't think the young woman they profiled looked "severely obese".  But then they said she was 5'3", 295, so...yeah.  She carries it surprisingly well.

But this is the scary prospect in front of Kate:

Quote

 

Jessica was surprised by the pain. When she was home, recuperating, she started to have second thoughts about the surgery. One day, she sat down and cried.

“I had like this awful buyer’s remorse,” she said. “I was like, ‘What did I do to my body?’ This is not reversible, there is no going back.”

 

Maybe in the future, they will figure out how to reverse it and it won't be such a daunting prospect.  Or if they could just figure out how to stop that gnawing hunger without doing this big alteration of the body, that would be the best of all.

Ah, and as I continue to read, they say the same thing:

Quote

What they really want is a medical treatment with the same effect — lowering the body’s set point, the weight it naturally settles into — without drastically altering the person’s digestive tract.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/27/2016 at 9:24 AM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Interesting article about weight-loss surgery and its aftermath:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/27/health/bariatric-surgery.html?_r=0

Thank you for the article.  I have not commented on any board more than two times but this subject really hits home for me.  I am 5' tall and I weigh about 165 pounds, down from 270 prior to gastric bypass surgery that I had in 2001.  At my lowest weight, I weighed 137 pounds but I put on about 30 in 15 years and I cannot lose it.  I feel like my settled weight is where I am, not that it makes me happy, but that my body is most comfortable here.  I have had to accept that I will never be "thin" and by most medical standards, I am still considered obese but I life a pretty happy, active life.  Overtime, the stomach does stretch out and you are able to eat more than you were but more importantly, people can sabotage the surgery by eating small, high-caloric amounts more frequently.  In the end, it still comes down to calorie count vs. activity to burn calories.  I definitely eat less than I ever did but I still struggle with days where I just feel like eating in an obsessive-thought type of way.  Would I do it again?  Absolutely!  Because I was gaining 5-10 pounds a year and I believe I would be over 375 today if I hadn't had the surgery.  What I want to stress the most to everyone is the decision to have or not have surgery is a very personal one.  No one has the right to tell anyone what to do and trust me, when you get to the point that you are willing to undergo surgery, you are pretty desperate.  We need to understand that obesity is a complex physical, social, emotional, and genetic disease.  There is no one size fits all solution.  We need to provide love, compassion and support, not judgement.  

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/01/04/chrissy-metz-gastric-bypass-surgery-wheelchair/

Quote

"This Is Us" star Chrissy Metz needed a wheelchair for a bum knee ... NOT because she underwent gastric bypass surgery.

Chrissy was in a wheelchair Tuesday at LAX ... because she hurt her knee in Florida during Xmas. She has some lingering pain but should be at full strength in a few days.

The wheelchair suggested she might've actually gone through with the surgery ... after her character, Kate Pearson, vowed in the last episode to have gastric bypass. Her people tell us she absolutely did not have gastric bypass.  

Chrissy's people tell us the bum knee shouldn't impact shooting the show, or this weekend's Golden Globes, where she's nominated for Best Supporting Actress.

Share this post


Link to post

On January 4, 2017 at 7:33 PM, editorgrrl said:

This story is ridiculous.  Anyone that's had surgery (and I've had 3) knows you don't get to ride in a wheelchair afterward it's over.  Doctors make you walk, and then walk, and then walk some more.  And you wouldn't be allowed to fly post-op until you were strong enough to do so and were healed enough internally.  Heck, they won't let you drive for a few weeks.  I'm sure she hurt her knee.  Of course she hurt her knee.  She has probably close to 400 pounds resting on that knee, a knee not designed for that type of weight.  And I'm not shaming, it's just a fact.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

If you look at the FAQs on the various surgical sites, flying is authorized.  She didn't have a knee brace/stabilized on. I'm more inclined to believe she had the surgery after watching the clip mostly because of her affect. 

Share this post


Link to post

After reading the article above, I hope she did have the surgery, although I can't imagine why she'd lie about it. But yeah, at her weight her knees take a beating just on a regular basis, even without being injured, so I could see how that would put her in a wheelchair. That was my own main motivation to lose the quit-smoking weight, I had a bad knee made far worse by the extra weight.

Edited by random chance · Reason: typo ... it would be really great if we'd get a five minute grace period for these!
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
26 minutes ago, random chance said:

although I can't imagine why she'd lie about it.

That was my thought, especially given the Kate storyline.  But what if the writers decided to make Kate lose weight w/o surgery while Chrissy chose surgery (given the added pressure of her character NEEDING to lose weight for the script), but they all decided to avoid any outcry of 'cheating' and keep the surgery under wraps?  Not that it's at all cheating but some viewers might take it as an unfair depiction of the results of non-surgical weight loss methods.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

But what if the writers decided to make Kate lose weight w/o surgery while Chrissy chose surgery (given the added pressure of her character NEEDING to lose weight for the script), but they all decided to avoid any outcry of 'cheating' and keep the surgery under wraps?  

Ohhhh that makes sense!

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

That was my thought, especially given the Kate storyline.  But what if the writers decided to make Kate lose weight w/o surgery while Chrissy chose surgery (given the added pressure of her character NEEDING to lose weight for the script), but they all decided to avoid any outcry of 'cheating' and keep the surgery under wraps?  Not that it's at all cheating but some viewers might take it as an unfair depiction of the results of non-surgical weight loss methods.  

I agree that was probably TPTB's reasoning, but if they're indeed lying/asking her to lie about surgery, the truth is going to come out eventually and it's going to affect her reputation and credibility. I'm not sure what to believe yet. I'd like to give Chrissy the benefit of the doubt, but the elaborate story about how she hurt her knee while on a hike in Florida reeks of "doth protest too much".

Share this post


Link to post

I guess I might be the unpopular and minority opinion here, but just because she's an actress on a popular show (and a physically unusual actress at that) doesn't make me feel like I have the right to know anything at all about any medical conditions she might have - or in fact, that she might need a wheelchair for any particular reason at an airport, which, after all isn't even a medical facility.  People get wheelchairs at airports for all kinds of reasons.  It's really none of my business (and none of TMZ's, though I realize it's their bread and butter) whether she hurt her knee or had gastric bypass surgery or is pregnant or just lazy or anything else.  This Is Us is not a reality television show that's claiming to show us the One True Way to lose weight.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

You make a good point, but I do think that while we aren't entitled to know about her private life, if it's suggested that she lost weight due to diet and exercise and in reality she had surgery, that kind of verges on reality TV. Because the character can't lose weight unless Chrissy loses weight, and if the character "succeeds" using "just discipline" while Chrissy actually needed the surgery, that's a little bit of a bad message to be delivering to people. "Well I guess you failed because you didn't have Chrissy's self-discipline." If you see what I mean?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, random chance said:

You make a good point, but I do think that while we aren't entitled to know about her private life, if it's suggested that she lost weight due to diet and exercise and in reality she had surgery, that kind of verges on reality TV. Because the character can't lose weight unless Chrissy loses weight, and if the character "succeeds" using "just discipline" while Chrissy actually needed the surgery, that's a little bit of a bad message to be delivering to people. "Well I guess you failed because you didn't have Chrissy's self-discipline." If you see what I mean?

I can't say I completely agree with that.  Actors are not their roles.  If Kate loses weight because of diet and exercise on the show, all that means is that Kate lost weight because of diet and exercise on the show.  How Chrissy Metz lost weight doesn't change that. If Chrissy Metz goes out and says that she lost weight due to diet and exercise when, in reality, she had surgery--well she might personally have to deal with some questions about that (I'm thinking about when Kate Winslet, I think it was, said that she had had a natural childbirth, but in reality had a c-section), but it doesn't affect the character of Kate in any way.

Of course, Chrissy Metz also has every right in the world to lose weight in whatever way she feels is best for her and then not talk about it if she doesn't want to. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

This article has a picture of her on the hike so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.  

I don't think hiking at 400 lbs. is really the smartest thing but maybe she's really trying to lose weight and just overdoing it.  And it being FL I'm guessing it was a flat hike.  

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

I can't say I completely agree with that.  Actors are not their roles. 

I mostly agree, I just think that in this case there's no real way to separate a character losing weight from her actor losing weight. It's not like Chrissy can lose weight more slowly than Kate, or Chrissy can decide not to lose any more weight while Kate decides to lose lots more. So if Chrissy had surgery and she's losing lots of weight but claiming that, unlike Kate, she's merely dieting and exercising - she's putting out false information about how easy (or hard) it is to lose weight. So I hope she won't do that. But, I agree that it's her business.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Perhaps Chrissy wanted to take a 3.4 mile hike to honor the fact that Kate had missed hers on Turkey Day!  /smirk

You know, there are HIPAA regulations to protect the health information of average Americans like myself.  It may be an unpopular opinion but I believe that the same should be extended to celebrities.  Chrissy Metz's health is really none of our business, even if Kate Pearson's is.

Edited by ProudMary · Reason: spelling
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

34 minutes ago, random chance said:

I mostly agree, I just think that in this case there's no real way to separate a character losing weight from her actor losing weight. It's not like Chrissy can lose weight more slowly than Kate, or Chrissy can decide not to lose any more weight while Kate decides to lose lots more. So if Chrissy had surgery and she's losing lots of weight but claiming that, unlike Kate, she's merely dieting and exercising - she's putting out false information about how easy (or hard) it is to lose weight. So I hope she won't do that. But, I agree that it's her business.

I see your point, but I don't think this show is responsible for educating people about how to lose weight, nor is that its purpose.  There are plenty of other shows for that--I'm just here for the stories.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
14 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Perhaps Chrissy wanted to take a 3.4 mile hike to honor the fact that Kate had missed hers on Turkey Day!  /smirk

You know, there are HIPAA regulations to protect the health information of average Americans like myself.  It may be an unpopular opinion but I believe that the same should be extended to celebrities.  Chrissy Metz's health is really none of our business, even if Kate Pearson's is.

If you mean we shouldn't we be able to access her hospital records, of course not.  (Because HIPAA does also apply to celebrities.)  If you mean we shouldn't be discussing her weight issues here, a forum to discuss tv shows and the people on them, I disagree.  She was cast due to her weight, to have a story about obesity on a show designed to spark controversy and thought.  

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

This article has a picture of her on the hike so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.  

I don't think hiking at 400 lbs. is really the smartest thing but maybe she's really trying to lose weight and just overdoing it.  And it being FL I'm guessing it was a flat hike.  

She was on a walk at a nature preserve.  There are differences between hiking and walking.

Someone asked why would she lie about the surgery?  Because she is under contract.  It is a series spoiler.  Actors on series lie all the time.  http://ew.com/article/2016/10/24/walking-dead-michael-cudlitz-abraham-season-7-premiere/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/6/2017 at 8:23 PM, random chance said:

 So if Chrissy had surgery and she's losing lots of weight but claiming that, unlike Kate, she's merely dieting and exercising - she's putting out false information about how easy (or hard) it is to lose weight. So I hope she won't do that. But, I agree that it's her business.

I think that is where I come out on this as well. 

I think back to Star Jones when she lost all of the weight when she was a host on The View (note I know all of this and never watched that show regularly).  She was adamant that it was all just hard work, no surgery, nothing more when she lost the weight and that anyone could do it, just like her.  Fast forward to all of us finding out that she had indeed had surgery.   

While it is certainly none of my business in any case, when folks go public, the problem is when they deny having surgery and give out a message simultaneously that folks not doing the surgery just aren't doing it right if you can't do it like Star (for instance) and that folks that have done the surgery have something to be ashamed of. 

It's the lie that is the problem, not the means of the weight loss.  And I know Chrissy is an actress and Star was just herself, but that will remain my conclusion if Chrissy follows the path of denying the surgery when indeed she had it (regardless of what her character does).  I know Chrissy has commented that she wouldn't have the surgery, so I'm taking her at her word for now. 

As for the hiking versus walking part of the story.....in terms of force on a knee, with someone with that much weight, I assume (not a scientist) that walks can do damage to an overweight person that might take hikes to do for someone at relatively normal weight levels.

Off to shower now after commenting so much on someone's personal life and decisions in this sensitive area.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone regardless of weight and on either a walk, hike or going to the bathroom can step wrong and hurt a knee. Hell I once broke in ankle because I was sitting on it wrong for several hours at work, it fell asleep and when I got up I hit it just wrong, I did get to be wheeled through th office and lobby on a my chair and carried into the ER by the President of my company because I couldn't put any weight on it and theit were n available wheelchairs.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I had not heard about this show until a marathon yesterday showing previous episodes. I really like the characters of Kate and Toby but completely dislike the almost total focus on dieting and food for their story lines.y.  The show is terrific but I fell asleep during the last episode for Christmas only because my day was so long so do not know what happened to Toby.  I will do some research online to find out more about that episode.

Share this post


Link to post

Depends on the severity.  CM's weight would obviously be a complicating factor, but when my niece tore hers, she was back to playing high school basketball within a week or so.  She just had to wear a brace when playing, and then do RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) afterwards, as well as downing naproxen for the pain and swelling.

If I were in Chrissy's position, I could endure a LOT of pain in order to make my first big red carpet entrance on my feet.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I love that dress. Great colour on her and much more ladylike and professional than some of the three spangles and a wisp of gauze 'gowns' that were on the carpet.

Also loved Natalie Portman and Viola Davis in yellows.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, albinerhawk said:

Don't know if this is applicable, but...

http://www.scarymommy.com/children-who-are-seen-as-overweight-by-their-parents-gain-more-weight/

Sounds like Kate and Rebecca.

That's interesting, but I'd want to see more details about the methodology.  Depending on how careful they were, it could be that the parents were just attuned to eating tendencies of their children that raised red flags.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/6/2017 at 6:48 PM, Eeksquire said:

I guess I might be the unpopular and minority opinion here, but just because she's an actress on a popular show (and a physically unusual actress at that) doesn't make me feel like I have the right to know anything at all about any medical conditions she might have - or in fact, that she might need a wheelchair for any particular reason at an airport, which, after all isn't even a medical facility.  People get wheelchairs at airports for all kinds of reasons.  It's really none of my business (and none of TMZ's, though I realize it's their bread and butter) whether she hurt her knee or had gastric bypass surgery or is pregnant or just lazy or anything else.  This Is Us is not a reality television show that's claiming to show us the One True Way to lose weight.

The world would be a much better place if TMZ and their ilk all vanished off the face of the earth.  

Whatever procedure Metz had or didnt have, that is her business.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size