Type keyword(s) to search

Kate: Chrissy Metz

atomationage
  • Start Topic

On 10/5/2018 at 6:27 PM, AllThatJazz91 said:

You Kate fans out there, what do you like about her? I've always struggled to find something. I want to like her, but there's something about her that just doesn't work for me. Kevin and Randall have flaws but I've come to really love them. Help me out. 

I'm a fan because I see so much of myself in her, and it's been really cool (to me) to have a woman of her size find love on a mainstream tv show. That's not something you see every day, and some people get reallllly upset when it's shown (see the response to Gabourey Sidibe's romantic plot - with a regular size guy - on Empire if you're curious). I'm well aware that there's more to me than my size, and *much* more to life than finding a man lol, but it's hard not to internalize society/the media's portrayal that we're not worthy of love. So while her character isn't perfect, neither am I, but I'm glad she's on my tv every week. 

On 10/13/2018 at 10:50 AM, Wings said:

I was hoping Kate would lose weight too.  I don't watch anymore but I did keep up with the unpopular opinions thread for awhile.  I am drifting away from that, too.  I stopped by here because I saw that she had worn a bathing suit for the first time recently.   I cannot imagine that would be a good experience for her.  Her weight is so profound that I doubt she will lose weight on this show.  It is far beyond a low carb approach.  A medically monitored liquid diet is probably her only option for success.  And even then could that be maintained.  I know how I feel wanting to lose 25 pounds, I cannot imagine her situation.  I feel badly for her. 

Wearing a swimsuit is difficult if you haven't made peace with your body. I worked hard through therapy to learn to love my body for all the things it can do and loving the way it looks came after that. Before that, I *dreaded* wearing a swimsuit and avoided it at all costs or wore a t shirt over a swimdress that covered as much of me as possible. After, I just accepted that this is how my body is right now and I can either wear a swimsuit and do something fun or miss out. I finally got a high-waisted bikini (first bikini in my life at size 28 lol) and felt amazing in it. Being comfortable in your skin is possible at any size. Being physically comfortable is another story altogether, though, and after that self-love process I was finally ready to take care of my body, because it deserves that. Fast forward a little over a year and I've lost 70 pounds (I'm now a bit smaller than Chrissy but still weigh 330 pounds) through eating less, tracking what I eat, and I started running in addition to weight machines at the gym. No medical-grade liquid diet needed, just something sustainable I can do for the rest of my life. If she's not ready to lose weight or in a place mentally to do it, it's not going to happen. I don't begrudge her, I've been there, and still am when I think of how much further I have to go. 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, SnarkyMcSnarkerson said:

I'm a fan because I see so much of myself in her, and it's been really cool (to me) to have a woman of her size find love on a mainstream tv show. That's not something you see every day, and some people get reallllly upset when it's shown (see the response to Gabourey Sidibe's romantic plot - with a regular size guy - on Empire if you're curious).

There was also a huge backlash when Lena Dunham's character on Girls had sex with a character played by Patrick Wilson. I was stunned both by the ugliness and the multitude of the comments - some people seemed to be extremely offended by seeing an average-looking woman having sex with an above-average-looking man.

4 hours ago, SnarkyMcSnarkerson said:

Wearing a swimsuit is difficult if you haven't made peace with your body. I worked hard through therapy to learn to love my body for all the things it can do and loving the way it looks came after that. Before that, I *dreaded* wearing a swimsuit and avoided it at all costs or wore a t shirt over a swimdress that covered as much of me as possible. After, I just accepted that this is how my body is right now and I can either wear a swimsuit and do something fun or miss out. I finally got a high-waisted bikini (first bikini in my life at size 28 lol) and felt amazing in it. Being comfortable in your skin is possible at any size. Being physically comfortable is another story altogether, though, and after that self-love process I was finally ready to take care of my body, because it deserves that. Fast forward a little over a year and I've lost 70 pounds (I'm now a bit smaller than Chrissy but still weigh 330 pounds) through eating less, tracking what I eat, and I started running in addition to weight machines at the gym. No medical-grade liquid diet needed, just something sustainable I can do for the rest of my life. If she's not ready to lose weight or in a place mentally to do it, it's not going to happen. I don't begrudge her, I've been there, and still am when I think of how much further I have to go. 

I'm so happy for you! I stopped being comfortable in swimwear after I hit puberty and my breasts grew to a D-cup seemingly overnight. It's been over 20 years now and I'm still not comfortable wearing anything other than a black one-piece that "minimizes" my cleavage.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, chocolatine said:

There was also a huge backlash when Lena Dunham's character on Girls had sex with a character played by Patrick Wilson. I was stunned both by the ugliness and the multitude of the comments - some people seemed to be extremely offended by seeing an average-looking woman having sex with an above-average-looking man.

That’s the only thing I like about Lena or her writing.  Guess what?  Big girls have sex all the time.  When I got married, I was 5’ and 215 pounds.  My husband, was 5’10” and 178 pounds.  And he thought I was beautiful.  I ballooned to 275 and he still thought I was beautiful because he loved my insides.  Now I’m 155 and he treats me the same.  Nothing about his love or attitude changed no matter my size.   Some people are color blind, I like to say he was fat blind.  And that doesn’t even speak to cultures where “heavier” is preferred.  

I

• Love 12

The one episode in which I really liked Kate was the one that had her as an assistant to Jami Gertz. She took charge, she had a storyline that while it was somewhat weight-related, it wasn't wallowing and blaming others. I truly wish she had kept that job, she seemed well suited for it, and I liked the idea of her being a mentor or role model for the daughter. What even happened with that? There was no follow up. If we could see more of that Kate, I would like her character a lot more.

• Love 14
On 11/12/2018 at 6:24 PM, chocolatine said:

I'm so happy for you! I stopped being comfortable in swimwear after I hit puberty and my breasts grew to a D-cup seemingly overnight. It's been over 20 years now and I'm still not comfortable wearing anything other than a black one-piece that "minimizes" my cleavage.

Yes - that backlash was swift and intense! I didn't realize before then how many people had a *big* issue with women that aren't the ideal American model of beauty having sex with attractive men. I didn't realize they were supposed to be off-limits!

I'm so sorry you're still not comfortable in swimwear - puberty is hard when you suddenly get boobs overnight and now seemingly all the men in your life (and entirely too many women) are noticing and often making comments and just, ugh. It's so gross, no wonder you still struggle with anything that doesn't minimize your breasts. I can only imagine the comments Kate's character would have gotten in this fake universe - I hope her grandmothers were nicer than mine and kept their ugly comments to themselves.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, SnarkyMcSnarkerson said:

I can only imagine the comments Kate's character would have gotten in this fake universe - I hope her grandmothers were nicer than mine and kept their ugly comments to themselves.

I don't know about Jack's mother, but Rebecca's mother mocked Rebecca for marrying a "handyman" and didn't want Randall in any family pictures, so I'm guessing her opinion of Kate's weight was less than supportive.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I don't know about Jack's mother, but Rebecca's mother mocked Rebecca for marrying a "handyman" and didn't want Randall in any family pictures, so I'm guessing her opinion of Kate's weight was less than supportive.

I think the grandmother sent or brought a clothing gift for Kate that was out of touch with Kate's size as a child, so I agree that's less than helpful. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

I think the grandmother sent or brought a clothing gift for Kate that was out of touch with Kate's size as a child, so I agree that's less than helpful. 

I'm pretty sure she purposefully gave her clothing too small so that Kate would have a goal.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Just to clarify this article, it's 100% wrong, started by one Twitter user who misheard. Chrissy calls Alison a "babe", not "bitch". The media just jumped on the first piece of drama that they could without verifying for themselves that it was true.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Alison Brie was one of my favorites on, "Mad Men."  I hope she  isn't really one.

I'm one of the few people on Earth who haven't watched "Mad Men" (yet?) so I don't know Ms. Brie from Eve.  I just posted the article because no one else had done so and it involves Chrissy.  I watched and listened to the video and they conveniently bleeped out the allegedly offending word, even though that word is used freely on network TV nowadays.  That is suspect to me, and I don't believe Ms. Metz is stupid enough to call someone a bitch in public with a microphone attached to her head, whether she thought it was on or off.  She didn't look like she hated on her, so...

Apparently Brie and Metz are buds, or at least cordial with no hard feelings.  That's wonderful!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CrystalBlue said:

I'm one of the few people on Earth who haven't watched "Mad Men" (yet?) so I don't know Ms. Brie from Eve.  I just posted the article because no one else had done so and it involves Chrissy.  I watched and listened to the video and they conveniently bleeped out the allegedly offending word, even though that word is used freely on network TV nowadays.  That is suspect to me, and I don't believe Ms. Metz is stupid enough to call someone a bitch in public with a microphone attached to her head, whether she thought it was on or off.  She didn't look like she hated on her, so...

Apparently Brie and Metz are buds, or at least cordial with no hard feelings.  That's wonderful!

Actually, if you listen closely to the original video, they don't actually bleep anything. The audio does fade, but Chrissy says "babe". That video intentionally bleeps it out, but if you listen to the original, it doesn't. Then again, Daily Mail UK isn't exactly a very reliable site to use.

I just want to make it clear that even if you're  not a fan of Chrissy, the story about her and Alison Brie is completely false.

• Love 1

When Chrissy is on "That Was Us," she sits very high. Presumably this is more comfortable for her, but it looks as if she is on a throne or is much taller than the other people. Someone could adjust the heights of the other seats so this is less distracting.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Driad said:

When Chrissy is on "That Was Us," she sits very high. Presumably this is more comfortable for her, but it looks as if she is on a throne or is much taller than the other people. Someone could adjust the heights of the other seats so this is less distracting.

But then the other people would be uncomfortable because their legs would not be touching the ground properly.  Chrissy is supposed to be 5'5" according to the Internet.

I think a few mismatched chairs, maybe armless chairs, instead of a sofa would solve the problem.  Chrissy's chair would just have a lower seat than the others.  I've noticed this problem on talk shows before with obese people looking much taller than the others while sitting down, even if they're actually quite short.  I think it's just the extra inches on their behinds that prop them up like that. 

When Kate is standing up with her tall brothers beside her, like outside Uncle Nicky's trailer, I think she looks very cute in her  roundness.  Truly "little sister-ish."

• Love 1

I hope that Ms. Metz is investing her money wisely because the show is supposedly ending in 3 more years (if it's not canceled).  Her opportunities may be limited, especially if another obese woman comes on the scene.  

When I was younger, Esther Rolle ("Good Times") was always cast as a maid or housekeeper.  She was the go to actress for that type of role.  Chrissy Metz and Gabourey Sidibe are now the go tos for the fat woman.   Hopefully, they will be considered for roles where weight is not the main reason, but their size will always be in the forefront of the viewer's mind.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, izabella said:

Chrissy is in a movie with Topher Grace that will be released on April 17 called "Breakthrough."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7083526/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

I'm glad she found something (probably from TIU exposure) that isn't about her weight which is refreshing. I don't think jobs will continue to come as time goes on since so many actress's who are less heavy and older than 30 complain about not getting work. I do hope she will be lucky though.

• I don't know if TIU had different scenarios for Kate's character, I know they would have liked the weight loss original one, but that is more of a reality show angle and a lot of pressure for someone to do. I thought back then, that maybe if she did want to lose weight by diet or gastric bypass, they might have hidden it with light padding and made it more dramatic as time went on.  I'm glad they gave her leeway and it wasn't like getting fired from Jenny Craig for gaining weight.  If they decide to kill her off early (not my guess at this time) and it's tied to her weight, I will wonder if her decision was not favorable. I hope not but you never know.
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, debraran said:

I'm glad she found something (probably from TIU exposure) that isn't about her weight which is refreshing. I don't think jobs will continue to come as time goes on since so many actress's who are less heavy and older than 30 complain about not getting work. I do hope she will be lucky though.

• I don't know if TIU had different scenarios for Kate's character, I know they would have liked the weight loss original one, but that is more of a reality show angle and a lot of pressure for someone to do. I thought back then, that maybe if she did want to lose weight by diet or gastric bypass, they might have hidden it with light padding and made it more dramatic as time went on.  I'm glad they gave her leeway and it wasn't like getting fired from Jenny Craig for gaining weight.  If they decide to kill her off early (not my guess at this time) and it's tied to her weight, I will wonder if her decision was not favorable. I hope not but you never know.

I do wonder how they will handle her character as time goes on.  And if she will be able to maintain her role on the show for years to come.  I guess she is doing okay health wise, which is incredible. Most people her size, and even much smaller, report numerous issues with their joints, back, feet, skin, breathing, and stamina in general.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I do wonder how they will handle her character as time goes on.  And if she will be able to maintain her role on the show for years to come.  I guess she is doing okay health wise, which is incredible. Most people her size, and even much smaller, report numerous issues with their joints, back, feet, skin, breathing, and stamina in general.  

I have watched her on some talk shows and noticed that furniture has been changed to accommodate her.  This change of furniture has also been done for people with mobility issues.  

When I was heavier (a little more than 200 pounds), I noticed pains getting around.  Knees were aching.  I was embarrassed sitting in certain seats because I did not have as much room as others.  Ms. Metz may still be mobile but there is stuff breaking down in her body which she needs to deal with.  Trust me, my knees are a hell of a lot better since I lost 70 pounds.

• Love 6
On 4/10/2019 at 12:14 PM, MsVixen said:

I have watched her on some talk shows and noticed that furniture has been changed to accommodate her.  This change of furniture has also been done for people with mobility issues.  

When I was heavier (a little more than 200 pounds), I noticed pains getting around.  Knees were aching.  I was embarrassed sitting in certain seats because I did not have as much room as others.  Ms. Metz may still be mobile but there is stuff breaking down in her body which she needs to deal with.  Trust me, my knees are a hell of a lot better since I lost 70 pounds.

I so second this.  I should be 150 or s little under . Every time I hit 170 or higher j would have knee aches and feel every pound. My motivation last time was to jog without pain and once weight was lost it was much better. My doc explained how hard it is for knees to take extra weight and can cause damage over time 

Edited by debraran
  • Love 4

I've actually tried to change my eating habits and the way I address food over the last couple of years and lost about 50 pounds. It's made a big difference, though, I still have a little bit to go.  I can only imagine what a daunting task losing weight would be for Chrissy. I can't imagine even getting started, when you are at her point. The mental and physical anguish must be incredible, but, she seems to embrace it and claim she's happy.  I just don't buy it.  

• Love 4

Can Kate discover the existence of Lizzo this year? A girls trip to a concert and we see Kate surrounded by other women living their best lives and she becomes forced to get hers going. Backup singing gig? Songwriting? I want something else from Kate than what the writers have been giving.

• Love 4

Or she could not be in any pain at all.  No, really.  That is also a possibility.  I've been overweight for the vast majority of my adult life and my right knee started niggling me a little tiny bit at certain times at like 40.   It is the impetus I had to really make an effort to move more and eat less but seriously no pain prior to about 6 months ago and all pain gone before any significant amount of weight was gone.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, nexxie said:

That's Chrissy's face photoshopped onto Melissa McCarthy's body. Here's the original photo:

melissa-mccarthy-1.jpg

If Chrissy had actually lost that much weight, I'm sure it would be front-page news on all of the mainstream entertainment publications (People, US Weekly, etc.).

Edited by chocolatine
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

That's Chrissy's face photoshopped onto Melissa McCarthy's body. Here's the original photo:

melissa-mccarthy-1.jpg

If Chrissy had actually lost that much weight, I'm sure it would be front-page news on all of the mainstream entertainment publications (People, US Weekly, etc.).

omg - I thought that dress looked familiar!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, chocolatine said:

melissa-mccarthy-1.jpg

I read some time ago that she had lost a lot of weight, however a few months later she appeared on WWHL and she had not. Looked about the same to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I read some time ago that she had lost a lot of weight, however a few months later she appeared on WWHL and she had not. Looked about the same to me.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think she meant she lost a lot of weight before she started on TIU. Apparently, she used to be much heavier. This is a picture of her when she was on American Horror Story:

MV5BMTcwNjI0MjQ3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzkx

She does look quite a bit larger there, though it may have been padding.

• Love 2

You know that the obesity must be an extremely deep rooted issue with Chrissy, because, the show really wanted her to lose as part of the story and there were so many reasons for her to do it, but, she just chose not to.   With the support of the show and her own financial ability, they could have really pulled out all the stops to get her weight down.  Like, professional chefs to prepare all meals, professional life coaches to follow her around all day to ensure she stays motivated, personal trainers to guide her in exercise and fitness,  and medical professionals to monitor her vitals and progress weekly to ensure that she is healthy throughout the progression.  I know that I used to wonder why Oprah couldn't do these things too......she tried....but, it's such a complex problem that all the money in the world can't solve it,  if the patient isn't ready. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

there were so many reasons for her to do it, but, she just chose not to

I guess none of us can actually say that she chose not to do something, or that there are many reasons for her to do something unless we know her and/or hear her spelling out all the reasons.

Maybe she did do that (said she chose to not lose weight), I don't really follow actors and I don't watch interviews. But yes, it is too complex and even the "didn't want to" might have a long list of very reasonable reasons for not doing something, including  which options were presented to her, what she might have tried and a lot of other stuff.

• Love 4

Oh, well, yes, I suppose that she could have done all that and tried with the help of a huge team of people, but, I don't think it's likely.  I've seen her in quite a few interviews and she doesn't seem to be bothered by her weight. She claims, she's fine.  And, even in her book, she seems to be okay with her obesity.  So, as long as she's so okay with it, I don't think she's likely to change.  But, the photo of her on the cover of the book is rather puzzling.  I've never seen her face that thin and the way they are showing just a portion of her shoulder and strap, it appears that she is several hundred pounds less than what she is.  But, maybe, that was the publisher's decision and not hers. 

https://www.amazon.com/This-Me-Loving-Person-Today/dp/0062837877

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

She claims, she's fine.  And, even in her book, she seems to be okay with her obesity.

It must take an amazing strength of mind to be able to be fine and ok in our society that is highly intolerant of obesity, especially in women. 

• Love 5

I do think it takes a lot of courage to get up every day and move one foot in front of the other when that size. (It must be very exhausting and painful.) But, I think it could also be considered denial or delusional thinking. 

• Love 5
On 10/9/2018 at 8:39 PM, NutMeg said:

I think the show runners initially had this idea of, how wonderful would it be to start with a huge actress, and then have her lose weight!?

I've always been so uncomfortable with that clause being built into an employment contract it makes it hard for me to justify the show getting all the accolades it does. The Kate character hasn't had any storylines that don't go back to her weight and that makes it so uncomfortable to watch as everyone now seems to have opinions on Chrissy the actress as well. We can argue that she signed up for this, but I doubt that Chrissy knew this show would be such a huge hit.

I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion, but I worry about the long term mental health of the actress. Toby was wearing padding at the beginning of the show, so the actor is fairly insulated from having his weight be the focal point of discussion by anyone who watches the show. When actors gain weight for roles, it doesn't generate this much crossover into their personal lives.

Again, I don't know what CM has chosen or not chosen to do in terms of her weight loss, but it makes me very uncomfortable that her body and condition has in some way become public property by being on the show. I've been trying to explain what makes me uncomfortable about watching the show regularly and I hope I could articulate it clearly.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, sarkygal said:

I've always been so uncomfortable with that clause being built into an employment contract it makes it hard for me to justify the show getting all the accolades it does. The Kate character hasn't had any storylines that don't go back to her weight and that makes it so uncomfortable to watch as everyone now seems to have opinions on Chrissy the actress as well. We can argue that she signed up for this, but I doubt that Chrissy knew this show would be such a huge hit.

I get where you're coming from, but I think this is the price Chrissy is paying for getting to have an extremely successful acting career. It's impossible for any story to have a character of her size and not focus on her weight at all. As someone said in another thread, Dan Fogelman originally wanted a character who was his sister's size, but not to make her story all about the weight. His sister told him that when you're that big, everything revolved around your weight.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, sarkygal said:

The Kate character hasn't had any storylines that don't go back to her weight and that makes it so uncomfortable to watch as everyone now seems to have opinions on Chrissy the actress as well.

I think her type of obesity does end up impacting your life in every way to some degree, but we have seen storylines for her where it wasn't the focus - such as her infertility treatment and pregnancy.  Her weight factors in, but it wasn't a driving focus.  Similar, when Toby had a heart attack, there wasn't much focus on her weight.  Even her pursuit of a singing career, her weight was mentioned but it wasn't really the focus.

Overall, I think the show has handled it fairly delicately.  Her storyline initially seemed like it was going to be a story of weight loss and when that didn't happen, the show adjusted.

55 minutes ago, cameron said:

Just saw her on Kelly Clarkson show.  Definitely has not lost any way, even looks like she has gained weight.  Really obese.

I just watched a portion of it on the website, including her song performance. I do think she looks a little larger, but, her face appears rather puffy.  That could be fluid. Hard to tell. 

Her vocals were good, but, not great. She's okay but, definitely, not a professional vocalist, imo.  I know about several  people personally, who sing better that her to me. It's nice that she enjoys it, but, I just don't see it as a career.  Her acting is much better than her singing. lol 

https://thisisuscrying.com/2019/12/05/chrissy-metz-performs-powerful-song/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 11/25/2019 at 1:15 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

She claims, she's fine.  And, even in her book, she seems to be okay with her obesity.

To me that's her polite way of saying: fuck off, my weight is not your damn business and I will deal with it the way I want because the sis my life.

On 12/2/2019 at 6:45 PM, sarkygal said:

I've always been so uncomfortable with that clause being built into an employment contract it makes it hard for me to justify the show getting all the accolades it does.

Is this something that really happened, or is it speculation? If this is something that really happened it has so many implications and is rooted in so many wrongs.

• Love 2

It's my understanding that it's not uncommon for an actor to contract to lose or gain weight for roles.  It's about what the writers have in store for the character.  If she breached her contract, she could have been released from it. I suspect they decided to go another direction.  So, I suppose that Chrissy was fortunate. 

https://www.thewrap.com/taylor-kitsch-15-other-actors-who-lost-major-weight-for-roles-photos/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It's my understanding that it's not uncommon for an actor to contract to lose or gain weight for roles.  It's about what the writers have in store for the character.  If she breached her contract, she could have been released from it. I suspect they decided to go another direction.  So, I suppose that Chrissy was fortunate. 

https://www.thewrap.com/taylor-kitsch-15-other-actors-who-lost-major-weight-for-roles-photos/

The article forgot Dennis Quaid, who after losing a lot of weight had to be treated for anorexia.

It is still wrong to put things like "must lose weight during the running of the show". I will not say that those actors who lost weight for a movie made a wrong decision. Not my problem, it was their choice. But in the case of a show, something they dot even know will last for more than one season, demand that an actor follow the ideas a show runner has about how their body should look like, and when it should like a certain way to satisfy the plot, is disgusting - not to mention that they change plots all the time. And I think it is wrong even if the actor wants to do it, because it legally binds someone to something not all of us have control of, and not all of us can predict the outcomes as far as health s concerned - nutritionist involved or not. Sometimes obesity is so much more than "lack of will".

But then again, I still don't know if that was the case with this actor, or if it is just speculation.

• Love 3

From everything that I read and saw, it really was the design of the show for her to lose weight. It was never denied and I believe that Chrissy did admit it, back in the earlier seasons.  If I am able, I'll post a link about it.  They even went there with the bariatric surgery storyline.  Kate, eventually decided to not have the surgery.  But, it might have been that she was denied the surgery.  Most super, morbidly obese patients are required to lose a substantial about of weight to demonstrate that they are able to comply with diet and they have to be under 500 pounds for the doctor to perform the surgery.   So, it's unlikely that Chrissy qualified for that surgery..  And, surgery is not always a great solution. I'm not advocating that at all.  It has substantial risks and does not always work long term for people who have food addictions. I know a couple of people who died within a few years of that surgery and one right now has had organ failure. 

.......Okay. Found a link.  She said in interview that she did sign contract to lose weight for the show, but, there was no timeline.  The weight issue is based on the writer's sister's weight issue.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/a24123882/chrissy-metz-weight-loss/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1