Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: 30 Minutes To Air

halgia

Kiera and Carlos work to free hostages, including Dillon, taken prisoner by Liber8 at a television station. Meanwhile, Kellog and Alec's business alliance falls apart, turning the two men from partners to adversaries.

I kind of like the Corporate Alec vs Outlaw Alec subplot. Albeit i disagree that one betrayal from a girlfriend is enough to create Corporate Alec.

Still, i'm hoping that there will be a scene of the two of them in a hacking duel.

• Love 1
(edited)

Argh. I desperately need a TWoP-level recap. So confused. Maybe I'm too old for time travel. :(

I did love Travis' line to the red haired talk show host about her being a puppet of...what was it?

And Kellogg's remark about seeing double.

I probably just need to rewatch.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

I get confused about who knows what and who did what, just because SO much happened in that one lousy week that was time jumped. My love for the show is no less, however; I find it frighteningly prescient.

• Love 3

Wow, it's pretty cold that Dillon is sending his daughter undercover. It took me a while to realize Corporate Alec was changing his bank passwords in the opening scene.  It sounds like he's done with Kiera too - geez! Pissed off snarky Carlos is smoking hot.  I bet the whole idea behind Liber8's campaigns is that if only The People knew what corporations were doing, things would be so different.  What a comeuppance if they work so hard to expose the corporations and The People did nothing/didn't care... To parallel a bit, we look back on WWII and think if only the entire world knew about The Final Solution.  If we were able to broadcast that plan back then, I think the reaction would not live up to our expectations.

(edited)

Yeah, that is cold. It won't end well either I'd think. Since she sort of supports Liber8's message so she could be turned easily.

So if "corporate" Alex is done with Kiera, he's not watching her through her CMR anymore?

Interesting backstory for Travis, even though it ended with his capture.

Edited by Cobb Salad

Yeah, I kindof missed what tipped corporate-Alex off that Kiera knew about the two of them.  Didn't she say something like, 'are you in your lab, can you do X?' And he's like, "no, stupid, i'm at my office, where else would I be?' and suddenly from that he deduces she knows about hoodie-Alex and gets all pissed off at her, but then why didn't he come running to her saying "OMG, I just found out hoodie-Alex came back from the future, what should we do?"

Why would Dillon send his own daughter, who has Liber8 leanings, in as a double agent?  Couldn't they have gotten a real undercover agent?

Got to agree that even if Liber8 exposes everything, it would be a big 'shoulder shrug' by most of the populace.  I mean, Occupy Wallstreet has done what, exactly?

Why would Dillon send his own daughter, who has Liber8 leanings, in as a double agent?  Couldn't they have gotten a real undercover agent?

Generally in crime shows it's done with a more mature adult, but it's usually part of a plea deal: Go undercover and you won't rot in jail. I'm guessing they deliberately wrote it as a his young daughter, rather than, say, his 30ish younger brother or cousin, because they wanted to show that the law enforcement powers are growing ruthless.

Generally in crime shows it's done with a more mature adult, but it's usually part of a plea deal: Go undercover and you won't rot in jail. I'm guessing they deliberately wrote it as a his young daughter, rather than, say, his 30ish younger brother or cousin, because they wanted to show that the law enforcement powers are growing ruthless.

I always got the impression that Dillon's daughter was his "ace in the hole" ploy to stop Liber8 and to implant a mole into the group. Although, I do feel that she is very young, like 18/19 years old, and mybe just a college freshman. That being said, what will happen when Liber8 realized that a) she is Dillon's daughter, and b) she is acting on his orders?

They already know she's Dillon's daughter, Travis taunted Dillon about "arrested your own daughter" during the hostage situation. I think that was the point: "top cop's own daughter joins us" is a tempting recruitment target for Liber8, enough that they might not question her loyalties.

They already know she's Dillon's daughter, Travis taunted Dillon about "arrested your own daughter" during the hostage situation. I think that was the point: "top cop's own daughter joins us" is a tempting recruitment target for Liber8, enough that they might not question her loyalties.

They may at first but I won't be surprised if Dillon's daughter screws up or they are informed about her.

Whoa Dillon! That's really cold, using your daughter like that.

I don't get how Alec gets to be all pissed off about Keira knowing his future self went back in time. This Darth Alec storyline is a little messy, it almost seems like his brainwashed. I believe a person can change for the worse but he doesn't have more motives to go all evil right now.

I want to see more of the freelancers now. What is exactly Keira's purpose if she is no t killing one Alec right now?

I never really understood the Evil Alec motivation and why he went evil within only a week of time travel. I mean he is supposed to be someone (albeit a week younger self) that only time travel within a week but the character's who route of going all evil never really sparked me as true to what we know about the real Alec (and this was supposed to be the bases for Evil Alec). 

Yeah, that's my one complaint for the season. It seems his transformation was speeded up for the storyline. Then again, I think the writers have dropped the ball in his characterization in the past too, as I felt they never properly dealt with his emotions about Roland's death or his desire to leave home so soon after that.