Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: Dance Intervention

ElectricBoogaloo
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Is anyone else on Show Group besides Holly cause that's the only person my eyes were drawn to lol ... that girl slayed it!!!  Kitty was right ... she CAN do show group by herself lol

Is Holly already point of the triangle for the main squad too? I've always thought that was reserved for 4-year and 5-year vets, but I don't actually know.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, huahaha said:

Is Holly already point of the triangle for the main squad too? I've always thought that was reserved for 4-year and 5-year vets, but I don't actually know.

She's not. Jen K is point and seems to also be alternating that position with Jenna.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, M1977G said:

I don't think they pose auditions or training camp as totally objective processes.  Kelli seems pretty clear to me that, while she sets the highest standards for everyone, she recognizes that there's a lot of subjectivity involved in picking the team.  If it were objective, they wouldn't solicit so many judges' opinions at auditions or throughout training camp.  I think that they do try to be supportive and give girls enough opportunities to develop and prove themselves to be DCC quality.  But, I just don't see why they've been hanging on to Emily, who doesn't appear to have improved throughout this camp.  Not only are her feet ugly and messy when she dances and kicks, she hunches over while kicking to try to get the height she needs. It seems to me that, if she's as hard working as she claims, her feet would be pointing when she kicks by now.  She's had 3 years to work on it.  Not cute.  And that lyrical piece -- wow, was that fugly.  Not only poor technique, but she didn't even know the dance.  She's a much worse dancer than she knows, and it bugs me.  Cut her already!  It seems like it's clear to K and J that she doesn't have a chance, so now it just seems like stringing her along. 

Kelsey is gorgeous, but Judy's right: she looks like she's marking, or lost. 

Reveal hidden contents

I can't really believe she made the team.  She's beautiful, but I don't see the appeal, or DCC-worthy performance polish.  

Brennan doesn't have a DCC look to me, and as someone mentioned up thread, she does seem "intense."  I'm glad Kelli Q got so many props, as she's a fabulous dancer and seems very put together.  But I think her look could be improved with bangs to cover a bit of forehead, and lighter eye makeup.  Her eyes just look like black patches except in closeups.  I think adjusting the hair and makeup could make her look younger, and actually show how pretty she is. 

I'm gosh darn positive I could make Kelli Q look a lot younger too ;).  I'd darken her hair a bit - similar color to Emily's, and give her bangs of some sort too.   Eyebrow redo, soften her eyeliner and more of a purple-ish taupe on her lips.   At least those are my initial thoughts...

• Love 6
3 hours ago, JC123 said:

Does anyone else not like cerstens hair? I just wanna ruffle it or something at the roots. It's so flat. It's distracting lol 

yeah, I think she is beautiful but her hair is weird.  I can't put my finger on it.  Jax syndrome. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

yeah, I think she is beautiful but her hair is weird.  I can't put my finger on it.  Jax syndrome. 

Yeah - Certsens hair just looks "dated" or something.  It's like a mom-do or something you'd see in the stands at a soccer game for 8 year olds.    She needs a more youthful/fresh haircut - you'd think the makeover people would have fixed this, but I'm starting to think all those people do is color anymore :(.

• Love 3

Cersten strikes me as having that certain Southern style, which is quite conservative and dated.  I grew up with girls dressing just like their soccer mamas.  Think Bree in Desperate Housewives, but on 12-17 year-olds.  Am I right that she was the one rookie dancing the hip hop number with the vets?   She definitely could hang with them.  She's a very sharp and energetic performer, and I like watching her dance.  Don't know how much I'd like her, though, but that's just a feeling and not based on tangibles. 

Rewatched the episode last night, and had to laugh about Judy sitting in Kelli's office chair while they were in there with Kitty, going over the board, and interviewing rookies.  I once read Judy talking about the stool she always sits on and how much she hates it--apparently not her choice.  I wish I had a clearer shot of that whole board! 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Cersten strikes me as having that certain Southern style, which is quite conservative and dated.  I grew up with girls dressing just like their soccer mamas.  Think Bree in Desperate Housewives, but on 12-17 year-olds.  Am I right that she was the one rookie dancing the hip hop number with the vets?   She definitely could hang with them.  She's a very sharp and energetic performer, and I like watching her dance.  Don't know how much I'd like her, though, but that's just a feeling and not based on tangibles. 

Rewatched the episode last night, and had to laugh about Judy sitting in Kelli's office chair while they were in there with Kitty, going over the board, and interviewing rookies.  I once read Judy talking about the stool she always sits on and how much she hates it--apparently not her choice.  I wish I had a clearer shot of that whole board! 

Cersten, Kelli Q, Mandy and Maddie are dancing in the hip hop number. It's the whole show group and those were the four rookies that made it. 

15 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I'm gosh darn positive I could make Kelli Q look a lot younger too ;).  I'd darken her hair a bit - similar color to Emily's, and give her bangs of some sort too.   Eyebrow redo, soften her eyeliner and more of a purple-ish taupe on her lips.   At least those are my initial thoughts...

Where do I sign up for this?  :)  I could stand to look a little younger too!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Cersten, Kelli Q, Mandy and Maddie are dancing in the hip hop number. It's the whole show group and those were the four rookies that made it. 

Cersten isn't on show group. I believe she was in a group with a lot of the vets who are on show group during the auditions though so she was shown dancing with them. Also when Denise taught it to them in the dance studio she was in a group with all the favorite vets.

The other rookies you mentioned plus Maggie are on show group.

Just now, Oranaiche said:

Cersten isn't on show group. I believe she was in a group with a lot of the vets who are on show group during the auditions though so she was shown dancing with them. Also when Denise taught it to them in the dance studio she was in a group with all the favorite vets.

The other rookies you mentioned plus Maggie are on show group.

I knew I was missing someone. I totally thought Cersten was on show group, wow silly me.

5 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I knew I was missing someone. I totally thought Cersten was on show group, wow silly me.

I think we all assumed because she is so awesome! She asked not to be considered though, probably because of prepping for med school stuff.  I admire her for that ! 

• Love 4

I've come to really admire Cersten and hope she can make her dreams come true with medical school - she is a fierce dancer and it's clear she's smart and dedicated.  I think as far as her look goes it's just more that she has a very sharp polish to it - she is perfectly beautiful exactly the way she is but if she is looking for a younger or fresher look then I think she'd need to have much fuller brows with a softer arch.  Over plucked (not that hers are over plucked, but they are close) brows will date you fast, it was such a thing in the late 90s/early 00s and it definitely makes you look older.  Also, that whole use-a-bright-shiny-highlight-up-on-the-top-of-your-brow is dated too.  For her hair, I wish she (and Jenna too!) would let their hair relax a bit into soft spiral curls - someone just posted a pic of Jenna wearing her hair like that and it was just beautiful, and much younger.  Too much processing looks like pageant hair, IMO.

• Love 1
On 10/3/2016 at 3:05 PM, LaurenBrook said:

I think that is part of the point though - it gives them even more insight into what kind of dancers they have available.  If it comes down to the nitty gritty in selecting some girls over others, who was more well-rounded? who performed well even when she wasn't great at a certain style of dance? Sucks if it opens their eyes to stuff they didn't know about you in a bad way but it's not always a deal breaker.  Loren had terrible leaps and she still not only made the squad but helped new girls get the DCC style down. 

Loren was a dance teacher on top of being a middle school teacher. As a middle school teacher myself, I think she blew the show group audition on purpose because she knew she wouldn't be able to commit to the schedule. She is a fantastic dancer! 

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

Where is Claire in this video? I can't find her.

Claire and Megan are the only two ( I believe) who are wearing tank tops (that cover midriff).  Megan is obvious since she is so tall...just look for the red head next to her...back of Claire's jersey is 41 (behind Erica, to the right - our right) 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Josreason said:

Loren was a dance teacher on top of being a middle school teacher. As a middle school teacher myself, I think she blew the show group audition on purpose because she knew she wouldn't be able to commit to the schedule. She is a fantastic dancer! 

I really liked her too but you can opt out of being selected for Show Group but you just have to try out (so similar to Danielle .. she tries out but she opts out of being selected)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I really liked her too but you can opt out of being selected for Show Group but you just have to try out (so similar to Danielle .. she tries out but she opts out of being selected)

I know they HAVE to but I think it's stupid to make someone audition who doesn't want to or can't be on SG.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Agree. If she didn't want to be on show group I'm sure she indicated so. I thin Loren is a great power dancer in the DCC style, but she never struck me as someone who was very technical or lyrical so I think that's why she struggled with the leaps.

42 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I know they HAVE to but I think it's stupid to make someone audition who doesn't want to or can't be on SG.

Absolutely this. I think it's pretty dumb and I would be annoyed as a judge if I saw someone in the auditions who I thought was dynamite, and I couldn't select them for the group.

• Love 1

Loren did not have good dance technique.  Almost every time she was shown dancing on MTT, it was very clear to me that she was lacking a ballet foundation - bad turnout (nowhere near as bad as Emily, but still bad), bad shoulders, bad placement.

She was great at the power and performance aspects of the DCC style, and is beautiful w/ a nice figure, so she definitely was a valuable member of the team, but her technique had issues.

I must be the only one who thought Allie came off better than Amy in the little chat.

To be honest I'm getting a bit bored of Amy's constant mistakes.

I keep routing for Kelsey because firstly she is so gorgeous and I think comes across well in her little clips, but also Kelli has been so damned rude to her! I was surprised she said she wasn't ready to give up on her yet because when she talks to Kelsey she really comes across like she is itching to cut her!

I hope Bethany takes more classes and reauditions, I think she is super cute. I think she could soften her under eye make up a bit (and Emily too.. please!!) so her eyes aren't high lighted so much.

• Love 1

Here is a different perspective about cutting girls at the very end.  One thing when you have "students" who you are evaluating as they learn a skill, you need to think how much of this is "practice" and how much is evaluation?  Do you give them a chance to make mistakes and practice or do  you evaluate them constantly?  There has to be a balance.  To keep someone to the end is to give them every chance to improve.  We looked at whether they were doing what we expected of everyone.  Some will improve, but won't be at the level we expect.  In my field, unless it was a safety issue and glaring, we keep them posted weekly on performance and only failed them at the end.  It should not have come as a surprise since they were getting weekly critiques but often are disappointed because this is their lifelong dream.  I have said this doesn't mean they can't be what they want, but they can't do it with us.

Yuko can qualify for a visa given to people of extra ordinary talent. It's completely different than the family or employer  sponsored visa.

its the same thing that allows models and singers, dancers, atheletes, actors from other countries to come here to work.

The extraordinary ability thing isn't as high as it sounds. She has qualifications that would probably work given that she already has a temporary job as a TCC. The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders are selective enough that she should be fine.

im guessing that's the same visa Jenelle has.

Because she was here on a different visa, she has to go back to the embassy in her country for processing. It's very straightforward and it should take very little time. These visas get processed quickly  so that artists can be here to work on projects- think of an actor cast in a movie filming here and how fast they need to get here. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, rose711 said:

Yuko can qualify for a visa given to people of extra ordinary talent. It's completely different than the family or employer  sponsored visa.

its the same thing that allows models and singers, dancers, atheletes, actors from other countries to come here to work.

The extraordinary ability thing isn't as high as it sounds. She has qualifications that would probably work given that she already has a temporary job as a TCC. The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders are selective enough that she should be fine.

im guessing that's the same visa Jenelle has.

Because she was here on a different visa, she has to go back to the embassy in her country for processing. It's very straightforward and it should take very little time. These visas get processed quickly  so that artists can be here to work on projects- think of an actor cast in a movie filming here and how fast they need to get here. 

I choked on my sandwich reading the part on "Extraordinary Ability" lol

• Love 1
4 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I choked on my sandwich reading the part on "Extraordinary Ability" lol

Yes, it's called that but for performers it doesn't have to be as high as it sounds. It's a non immigrant visa to work or look for work here. I'm sure the DCC is well known enough to help her get this visa. Plus I think she said she came to the US for some international competition, don't remember though.

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/o-1-visa-individuals-extraordinary-ability-or-achievement

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 0:52 AM, MaryWebGirl said:

This is the first part of the hip hop routine. I know that other two have been posted by someone -- maybe they can be dug up again.

Is that Meagan wearing the #41 top that completely covers her stomach?

2 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

whoops I was looking at the girl wearing the long tshirt / dress that is blue, full covering and has the number 41 on it.  That girl has reddish hair .. not sure who is it is?

Megan looks big.

Sounds like you're talking about Claire. I haven't watched the video recently but I believe she had on an outfit that covers her midriff as well. They definitely didn't put her in that to cover anything up though because Claire has an amazing figure.

On 10/14/2016 at 7:17 PM, ByTor said:

It looks like there are two "41" shirts...I assume whiteb41 is Megan and blue 41 is Claire.

Maybe it was done  on purpose so Megan wasn't singled out as the only one with a long shirt on.

• Love 1

Megan and Claire wore the similar (I was far away and blind so it looked the same but I can't say for sure) outfits. Megan is in the middle wearing the jersey dress. I stand by my opinion that she looked large at family and friends. It was definetly an eye brow raiser on the HD screen in comparison to all of her teammates.

• Love 2