Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Drag Fish Tank

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Halo said:

Alaska made a good point backstage that while Roxxy was in the bottom several times, Tati literally wasn't there for weeks.

For me, that's where the argument went to pieces. I have two choices; I can pick someone who killed the runaway, made the judges laugh in her merch vid (the "fucking c*nt" line) a queen who hungers to stay and clawed her way back in with a lip sync so good,  two winners were declared. Or I can pick someone who has had weeks to show their stuff -- with that stuff landing them far too often in the bottom -- who has taken to her fainting couch to self pityingly moan about how it's "fine" if she goes home, it's all mumble mumble "good".  

Do I reward someone who has done the job badly for weeks, or someone who shone far more brightly in her return, contributing to one of the high point lip syncs of the season?  Alaska rewarded the former, not the latter. And with a boring justification that had no relationship to anything fun or flashy or juicy.  Meh.

Next All Stars, Ru should have a Tim Gunn save, so this kind of shit can't happen.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13

I definitely think that Ru has the power to veto the queens nominations. I'm sure the lipsynch "winner" is based on who the queen would have sent home for example, and I'm sure if Ru wants a different outcome he makes it happen. I can't see him letting go control so easily. On regular seasons this is a person who makes it a point to say they've consulted with the judges but the final choice is theirs. No way Ru would really give up control. If Ru was dead-set on Tatiana being the winner then Tatiana would be there regardless of what Alaska wanted/thought no doubt in my mind.

This is completely the opposite of what I expected to happen based on how Alaska seemed to recognize the Rolaskax downfall of her season.  And how she's cozy with Willam now. WTF? Blergh.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, violet and green said:

I like Roxxy well enough as an individual performer and general presence. But the main reason she continues to do well when her peers are selecting who to go home is that in three out of her four bottom appearances the "peer" selecting her or not booting her was none other than her friend Alaska. Three times!

If that's what's happening, Alaska saving her friend and not just trying to get rid of stiffer competition, I can't hate on her for that.  Saving her friend Roxxxy out of love and loyalty is sweet and so rare to see on my screen these days.  Alaska probably knew she was going to get shit for chopping sexy, adorable Tati.  She pretty much said it - I could chop someone who's been bringing it all these weeks or I could chop someone who gave me the shirt I'm wearing. 

2 hours ago, zulualpha said:

She pretty much said it - I could chop someone who's been bringing it all these weeks or I could chop someone who gave me the shirt I'm wearing. 

After rewatching, I think both those quotes were about Roxxxy (Tati hasn't been there "week after week", only Roxxxy has). 

If that's what's happening, Alaska saving her friend and not just trying to get rid of stiffer competition, I can't hate on her for that.  

If that's what she did, I don't hate on her for it  -- don't respect her, but don't hate on her -- but I do resent that going forward, I will be forced to watch the same drag that landed Roxxxy  in the bottom so many times, instead of Tati bringing something fresh and different to the last few laps. I really don't like Alaska diminishing this season,  just to save a friend.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3

I just watched the behind-the-scenes packing up footage of Tatianna, and she really is literally the nicest person ever. Or if not, doing an EXCELLENT job of faking it!  

• Love 9
8 hours ago, film noire said:

After rewatching, I think both those quotes were about Roxxxy (Tati hasn't been there "week after week", only Roxxxy has). 

That's what I thought she meant, too. 

Tatiana really does seem totally great, and while nice, still funny and willing to call people on their b.s. She's no fool--you won't catch her having a sequence moment. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Halo said:

That's what I thought she meant, too. 

Tatiana really does seem totally great, and while nice, still funny and willing to call people on their b.s. She's no fool--you won't catch her having a sequence moment. 

Ha : )  Tati may fooling the world, but it really does feel like she's a rare combo of genuine + savvy. I always liked her but this season, she just stole my ruheart clear away. 

@Jesse, thanks for posting that link -- great exit interview. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3

I'm neither Katya's biggest fan or Tati's. That said, I don't dislike them, or their drag aesthetic; there are other queens I just like more. But I do believe both these girls were ROBBED!

Roxy, should have been sent home! Katya should have won that lip sync.  Roxy even said she didn't care if she got sent hope, but Tati spoke her case, and just her earnest would have won me over, were I to have to have been the one to choose.

On 10/1/2016 at 5:03 PM, film noire said:

If she was talking about Roxxxy both times, though, why we she say "or?"

I took it as a joke - "Tatianna, you're absolutely amazing and I think the world of you, but I'm going with the person who gave me something."

14 hours ago, Blakeston said:

If she was talking about Roxxxy both times, though, why we she say "or?"

It really feels like she said "or" -- but Alaska didn't say  that    -- she said "One of these queens" (blah blah blah, prestige, week after week etc)  One of these queens lent me this shirt."  Pretty sure she was just talking about Roxxy.

Edited by film noire

Roxxy is being used.  Let's keep picking Roxy to stay because after being in the bottom 4 times no way is she winning.  So the Chooser gets to make it look like she's choosing a friend when she is REALLY using strategery to get rid of a possible winner (Yes, Alaska, I'm looking at you.) Roxxy is a great drag queen, she falters on the quick wit and writing talents needed to win this show.  She has to be beaten down at this point yet she still looks great each runway.  My impossible vote's for you Roxxy!!

I didn't get the great irony in Katya's runway.  I guess she can sell anything though, she's so goddamned funny.  She looked like Sue the gym teacher in Glee.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 1

I didn't care one way or the other for her before but after watching her exit interview--I am totally a fan of Tati. 

During the LSFYL, I wish they would have shown both queens/the whole stage for the entire performance.  I want to watch them both and see which catches my eye the most.  

I didn't mind Alaska in her season but now I'm tired of her. 

Go Katya!  I loved her runway look and her commercial...she just cracks me up.  She is in my personal Hall of Flame. 

• Love 1

Tati was fully robbed. She has grown into a confident, well rounded queen.  I really thought her video was hilarious and she dojely beat roxy,  who wore a gran body suit that needed to be boil washed (thank you Graham!)

• Love 2

This episode was cool in some ways and lame in others. The cool parts were courtesy of Katya, Alyssa & Tatianna. The main challenge where the queens had to invent a product and shoot a commercial for it was fun, for the most part. Speaking of fun, the commercials were fun to watch, for various reasons. Katya's "Crisis Control" commercial, with her as a stoned Russian housewife was hilarious and her runway look was everything. Ditto Alyssa, whose energy drink definitely lived up to its hype, as Alyssa's commercial proved. Alyssa's Dynasty-inspired runway look was her at her fishiest, and that's saying something. 

Lat, but never, ever least, there's Tatianna. I not only loved her Tea Set and the commercial, but her T-Boz's inspired runway was fierceness personified. As for her being eliminated, to quote the late,great Bernie Mac, "That was some bullshit." Tati not only wanted to be there, she was willing to fight to stay, unlike Roxxxy, who's been in the bottom more than Tati and seemed more than ready to go, to which I say, like I said about Phi2, "Bitch, bye."  

Re Alaska, whose Fashion Tape commercial was just a sequel of her perfume ad, while her runway look was cute and her LYFYL performance was good, her eliminating Tati sucked like a hooker on payday.  Alaska should have based her decision on merit and attitude, not friendship. If the Top3 ends up being Rolaskatox, that would stink more than a shithouse in August. 

• Love 2