Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers: A Cougar Gets Her!

• Start Topic

Harpy, I can't like your post so I have to comment to second it --- BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

There was the perfect amount of children in this past episode, enough so that I could stop wondering why they weren't at the hospital and not a moment more.

• Love 1

I am only in this topic to state my unequivocal belief that this particular show would be better enjoyed if one were completely unspoiled.

Personally, I refuse to even read press releases, or watch promos, let alone look for spoilers. Low expectations plus the element of (mild) surprise make for the ideal viewing experience. At least for a show if this caliber (make of that what you will).

I don't know if I should put this here or in the media thread, but TVGuide has released its fall preview and some new info on what will happen in S2:

http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/gallery/2017-returning-fall-shows/17/

Designated Survivor (ABC)

Premieres: Wednesday, Sept. 27 at 10/9c

Where We Left Off: Agent Hannah Wells (badass Maggie Q) finally took down Lozano and the White House mole was caught and taken in, but Patrick Lloyd (Terry Serpico) -- the big bad rich guy behind the conspiracy -- crept away uncuffed. What's more, Lloyd was loaded with all sorts of top-secret information that had been hacked from the Pentagon, meaning he's got more than enough leverage against the White House... or enough ammunition to take down the country.

The Scoop: Designated Survivor is bringing in its fourth showrunner to start Season 2, and that will see the show change... just a bit. "The show is going in a new direction this year," Season 2 showrunner Keith Eisner says. "We're keeping what people loved last year and just adding to it. It's much more West Wing-focused, with a lot more characters, with standalone White House A-stories every week." But don't worry, it won't all be signing bills and photo ops. Eisner promises that Maggie Q will still be kicking ass. And if last year was Kirkman's Mr. Smith Goes to Washington as a newbie on the Hill, Season 2 will be about how "an outsider becomes an insider" as Kirkman really becomes president.

But what of the conspiracy that had many fans on the edge of their couches? "We will bring the whole Patrick Lloyd story to a thrilling conclusion in the second episode of the season," Eisner says. "But there will be a hangover, and there will be a thread we're drawing through from the whole Patrick Lloyd story as well." Sounds like the immediate danger is gone, but it's not permanent.

I read this and I'm thinking- this would have been way better if they just let the country fall into civil war and have the series about President Kirkman gaining control of the country back. Or not. I really don't know how they're going to fit Maggie Q's stories in with the President's stories- they're really two different shows, and they probably should be- considering the people who ran S1 did such a poor job doing that themselves.

It is particularly interesting that Keith Eisner is saying that Patrick Lloyd will be arrested in S02E02. I think it's way too soon for that to happen, unless Eisner's plan is to eventually lead to a civil war and all this "West Wing" stuff is really a "false peace". Of course, that would involve this show having some actual planning- and I have yet to see that from anyone who has "ran" this show.

• Love 2
On 25/8/2017 at 5:48 AM, Danielg342 said:

"We're keeping what people loved last year and just adding to it. It's much more West Wing-focused, with a lot more characters, with standalone White House A-stories every week."

Wow, it's like they're in my head!

Not.

So, the big S1 conspiracy will be mostly dealt with by episode 2x02? Sounds about right. The new showrunner clearly wants the show to distance itself from that wackiness. Unfortunately for me.

• Love 2