Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Uprising

• Start Topic

Thank god Simmons/Radcliffe brought May back. Hopefully she's fully ok, since she was probably cutting it close to the 7 minutes mark. Hopefully her and Fitz don't have something to bond over (even though Fitz's brain damage disappeared when they probably got tired of it). I kind of wanted Radcliffe to show Simmons Aida, though. I want that secret out in the open. 

Half of Yo-Yo's scenes were really dark, so it was tough to tell what was going on. But I liked that she helped save the day, even if she lost a friend in the process.

I really do like Robbie, and I thought Daisy worked better this episode. Her interaction with Gabe was well done, and I like how he took charge to protect his brother. Good for him. As for Daisy, she's gotta control her powers better. I know they're showing her self destructing and nearing rock bottom, but man, I'm not sure I want to see her self harming herself here.

So....I changed my mind about New Director slightly. He clearly is rooting for Coulson and his side to do good. I'll probably continue to change my mind about him, but I like him for now. He even told Coulson where May was and got Simmons to help her out. I know he's very self serving, but he does have a heart, especially as an Inhuman. I wonder how many people know that he's Inhuman. Probably not a lot. 

Cool, Paraminder Nagra's character is semi-interesting so far. 

• Love 7

Hey, a blackout.  More chances to this show to film scenes in the dark!

Still though, I enjoyed it and the action scenes were excellent. 

Game is an interesting character and it's nice to have someone who isn't in love with Daisy.  He's definitely much different than his comic counterpart.

I like the new director a lot.

• Love 4

I love Coulson when he's not the director, I like him better out in the field. He had so many great one-liners tonight. Loved the running gag about him being the only one to not see Ghost Rider in real life. 

Daisy's arm is gnarly. I get why she's not reaching out to the team, but man, she is not gifted with healing powers too. I do like that she asked Ghost Rider if he had a guy to go and see if he got hurt. And I also liked that she left because the younger brother asked her to go. She's feeling super guilty and he helped remind her of that.

Glad May is well again, I want her out in the field with everyone again. 

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 5

Hey, it's Parminder Nagra!  And... she's a bad guy.  Oh, shit!

Always down for some more Yo-Yo.  Feel bad that apparently she's lost a friend now that she revealed herself to be Inhuman, but considering she saved her friend's life and the friend is still being a jerk to her, she might be better off in the long run.  Of course, she's also having issues with Mack, now that he's finally confronted her about helping Daisy.  Oh, Yo-Yo!

Knew Melinda wasn't going to die, but it was still fun watching Simmons and Radcliffe interact with each other.  I figured Aida would come into play somehow, but I'm surprised he managed to pull it off, without actually revealing her to Simmons or May.  But I wonder if Simmons will start questioning him about the greed device going forward.  Hope so: I'm all for more scenes between Elizabeth Henstridge and John Hannah.

Gabe not knowing about Robbie's night activities and thinking Daisy could actually be a bad influence on him is an interesting moment.  Still not sure what to make of him, although that is still probably because I still see him as Chris from Fear the Walking Dead.  I don't trust you, Chris!

The new director seems to be on the up and up for now, but I guess that could change.  I am finding Jason O'Mara kind of stiff in the role, but I wonder if some of it is suppose to be him not comfortable pretending not to be Inhuman in the public eye.

Coulson is much more fun when he isn't charge.  And it helps that he is actually showing concern for characters (like Melinda) that aren't Daisy.

• Love 5

I think my favorite moment was when May woke from the dead and exclaimed "Get this crap off of me!" confirming she was back to normal followed by tearful Simmons giving her a huge hug and the confusion that followed. "Did I miss something?"

I also really liked that haunting effect with the swirls of black closing in on everything. This show is hit and miss with the effect sometimes but I thought that one looked very cool.

An electromagnetic pulse doesn't prevent electronics from working, it destroys them.

Interesting that a teenage boy is immune to Daisy's charms. Special snowflakes don't last long in the hood!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, dwmarch said:

An electromagnetic pulse doesn't prevent electronics from working, it destroys them.

I thought it was interesting that when Fitz was setting up his low tech EMP generator detector, that the pencils only started reacting when Fitz said 'go' and sat there and didn't move at all before that.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, dwmarch said:

This bugs me every time a show uses EMPs. You can't just turn the lights back on once an EMP goes off. You have a long road of repairs ahead of you. Cars and other electronics become hunks of junk.

I kind of missed Ghost Rider tonight. Not Robbie so much. Just the Rider.

• Love 1

If Paraminder Nagra's brother is Ward or a Ward reincarnation.  I am out.

Robbie's brother is an ass.

I am on the Yo Yo love train.  She and May need to team up and kick some butt.  Yo Yo's friend is an ass but I knew that was coming.

Otherwise, a Daisy lite episode which for me, is a good thing.

• Love 4

Greekmom, I think that PN's brother might be dead. At first I thought it was really weird that she was leaving him there all 'crystal-fied' or whatever (in his apartment filled with stacks of old mail), but don't the Inhumans usually break out of those shells pretty quickly? Unless they aren't Inhuman? Remember poor Trip? I wonder if her brother got exposed to a crystal (or whatever) and just got frozen. So he's dead and she hates Inhumans because they killed her brother.

Maybe.

Edited by seveneightnine
grammar
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I really do like Robbie, and I thought Daisy worked better this episode. Her interaction with Gabe was well done, and I like how he took charge to protect his brother. Good for him.

I was thinking Gabe is the reason that Robbie wakes up healed every time he gets hurt - maybe Gabe has some special healing powers.  I was half expecting him to put his hands on Daisy and make the booboo go away.

I was saying "Oh shit! Oh Shit! Oh shit!" when Radcliffe and Simmons lost power.

Dear Yo-Yo,

I like you a lot, but not enough to forgive you if you hurt Mac.

DeLurker

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, DeLurker said:

I was thinking Gabe is the reason that Robbie wakes up healed every time he gets hurt - maybe Gabe has some special healing powers.  I was half expecting him to put his hands on Daisy and make the booboo go away.

I'm really glad I'm not the only one who thought that. The way Gabe was looking at Daisy's arm, I feel like he has healing powers, but the kind that works on other people and not on himself. 

Or, twist, Gabe has been able to walk this whole time because of the special healing powers. 

• Love 3

Elena's friends reaction was pretty much classic Marvel civilian. "Oh you saved my life? Screw you freak!"Your better off without her, Elena. 

Solid episode. I really like Gabe and Robbie, and how much Gabe cares about Robbie. He is clearly more than woobie little brother in a wheelchair. Guy has got bite, I love it. 

I guess the senators brother is dead, but I figure he might break out of his cocoon sometime soon, and boy wont that be awkward. 

I like the new director, he seems like he is on the up and up. Coulson works better as a field leader, instead of the director. This guy seems like a good fit for a more public view. I wonder if he will "come out" as an Inhuman to the public? 

Everyone got a few good moments to shine, I like this show best when its an ensemble piece. 

You know, Watchdogs, if you want to be all sneaky, maybe don`t have all your guys get notable tattoos that show who they are? Also, why are they all guys? No asshole women know how to shoot a gun?

• Love 6

I found this episode more engaging than the last two. I kind of love Elena. Her conversations with her friend the bride about not wearing dresses or heels was like watching scenes from own life play out on TV. I remember telling one of my fellow bridesmaids in a wedding 25 years ago, "I don't wear any shoes that I can't run or fight in." That said, I did break down and wear the 3-inch heels. ONLY for the walk down the aisle and photos. After that I changed into wedges.

One thing that drove me crazy was Simmons telling Radcliffe that once May's heart stopped they would have seven minutes before they would be looking at brain damage. Umm...no. I'm no doctor but everything but based on all of my first aid training over the years two minutes is about as good as it gets. Maybe three if she had a low body temperature. I AM NOT A CRACKPOT. And don't let me get started on the way she woke up.

Edited by marceline
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Elena's friends reaction was pretty much classic Marvel civilian.

Or Bridezilla if media is to be believed.

27 minutes ago, marceline said:

And don't let me get started on the way she woke up.

I'm thinking you wake up from an extended hysteria-filled sleep and being clinically dead a little less robust and coherent...  and I really wanted them to show giving a WTF? face with Simmons hugging her for no good reason (as far as she knows).

• Love 4

Love it when these shows bring the super to the normal...meaning I loved Robbie's brother, Gabe.  Loved that he wasn't omg super powers cool...

And we all know at some point this season Senator's supposedly dead cocoon brother will hatch...and be at the most inopportune time for our heroes...

Love everyone but Coulson and Daisy...

They really went a long way in filling in the Sokovia Accords. And a reminder that with everybody sharing information security is only as strong as its weakest link. So will Big SHIELD once again become the lone link? From Jaiyings description of Daisy's power I was seeing a potential Magneto of changing the laws of physics. this is quite the Achilles Heel she has now.

Agents is the only show which I am saying up for and rewatching to get the parts I missed or pick up the hidden eggs. I want to move this episode up on the schedule and watch it early.

• Love 4

I was just able to catch up with this last night. I'd already read several responses here, so it didn't have the impact it would have were I unspoiled. Even so, I really liked:

1. Mack's discussion with Elena after the rescue. I'm looking forward to seeing more of their *not* relationship. Muy Caliente!

2. SHIELD is back on the radar as a force for good including cooperation within the ranks and with other bureaucracy.

3. Mack, Coulson, Fitz fight scenes. Their throwdown in the hotel and in the terrorist/ EMP hidey hole was awesome. The trio's combined efforts was my favorite part of the S2 finale and I'd love seeing more this season. What did Coulson call Fitz? Slide rule?

4. John Hannah.

I'm still not engaged with the Ghost Rider plot. I'm glad y'all like Gabe because the little Henrie is hard for me to look at. I have no previous knowledge of Robbie in Marvel- I wish he was un-apologetically serving up vengence rather than being angsty with his role. And- sad to say- I miss Daisy bonding with the rest of the team.

• Love 2
On 10/12/2016 at 2:50 PM, tennisgurl said:

You know, Watchdogs, if you want to be all sneaky, maybe don`t have all your guys get notable tattoos that show who they are? Also, why are they all guys? No asshole women know how to shoot a gun?

They don't want to be sneaky, they are just skinheads joined by others, the Watchdogs are just like the Purist from Alien Nation. And I noticed they are saying 17 Inhumans were killed worldwide, if the other cells were on the level of the Miami one I do wonder how many of those 17 were just plain humans like the magician who is only alive because the hero acted.

• Love 3

I just saw this episode and I really felt that it was bland. I really didn't enjoy seeing those Watchdogs at the party, only because they are more or less cartoonishly dumb. I mean really dumb and it kind of annoys me. Although, I did like seeing John Hannah so that was a plus. 

On 10/12/2016 at 2:20 PM, VCRTracking said:

LOVED the fight with Coulson, Mack and Fitz against the Watchdog a-holes.

Elena's friend was a megabitch.

You see the thing that bugged the hell out of me is how can Fitz be so good in a fist fight? It seems that the writers are showing us that he is just as badass as May but they never show us how he can do it (or why he can do it)? They spent Season 1 and Season 2 pointing out how weak both he and Simmons are and then in Season 3 he becomes a badass, but they never show us his training/learning these things. Instead, he just does it like a pro (like fist fighting Watchdogs members that all look like they are not pushovers, at least in a fist fight) and then he just mercilessly stabs one of them. They showed us Skye-Daisy being trained and then Simmons being trained but they haven't shown us Fitz being trained. So, that is why it is bothering me so much with his character. 

On 10/12/2016 at 6:38 PM, marceline said:

I found this episode more engaging than the last two. I kind of love Elena. Her conversations with her friend the bride about not wearing dresses or heels was like watching scenes from own life play out on TV. I remember telling one of my fellow bridesmaids in a wedding 25 years ago, "I don't wear any shoes that I can't run or fight in." That said, I did break down and wear the 3-inch heels. ONLY for the walk down the aisle and photos. After that I changed into wedges.

One thing that drove me crazy was Simmons telling Radcliffe that once May's heart stopped they would have seven minutes before they would be looking at brain damage. Umm...no. I'm no doctor but everything but based on all of my first aid training over the years two minutes is about as good as it gets. Maybe three if she had a low body temperature. I AM NOT A CRACKPOT. And don't let me get started on the way she woke up.

You are right. I do think that May would've been brain dead within like two minutes and also EMPs don't work like that either. The science is always wonky on this show.

• Love 4

You see the thing that bugged the hell out of me is how can Fitz be so good in a fist fight?

I was wondering about Fitz's ability to fight too. As awesome as it was, it confused me. Unless he has been taking lessons from May, which would make sense since he goes out into the field. Perhaps, the new director ordered him to learn. I wish they showed it though. Anyhow, great seeing those three together again :).

Good episode, that I finally got to see. I liked that the brother was tough too and not just the damiselle in distress. And I liked the scene with him and Daisy. She does seriously need to return to shield soon though. I also enjoyed Mack and Elna scenes.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, blueray said:

I was wondering about Fitz's ability to fight too. As awesome as it was, it confused me. Unless he has been taking lessons from May, which would make sense since he goes out into the field. Perhaps, the new director ordered him to learn. I wish they showed it though. Anyhow, great seeing those three together again :).

Good episode, that I finally got to see. I liked that the brother was tough too and not just the damiselle in distress. And I liked the scene with him and Daisy. She does seriously need to return to shield soon though. I also enjoyed Mack and Elna scenes.

Yo-Yo is great but I do hope that they leave the whole Mack/Yo-Yo relationship off the table. Although, I do like that those two can be friends (but it's most likely going down the route where they will end up as a couple because apparently on TV and in the movies two straight people of the opposite sex can't just be friends) but please I just wish that the writers would stop with this romantic relationship pairing they have been doing. 

As with Fitz's fighting ability, it is increasing every episode without explanation. Bit if May is teaching him, then it happened off screen and its a failure on the writers' part for not even telling us this fact. 

• Love 1

Can someone refresh my memory. When Daisy was with her mom and caused that mountain avalanche why didn't that break her arm.

Also the military in the MCU must be terribly run. The president wants to deploy the military to take out inhumans in black out cities rather than deploying them to stop looting and keep the peace? The again this is the same government whose response to an alien invasion went: NYPD beat cops, The Avengers, the nuclear missile. Did no one really think to call the air force?

Also Radcliffe is still a live action version of Dr. Krieger.

• Love 1