Type keyword(s) to search

No Tomorrow - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I thought it was cute.  Joshua Sasse has this light, like he has fun whatever he is doing.  The girl playing Evie was really cute too.  Supporting characters need some work, but it was candy colored fun.  For a show about the end of the world, it's light and fun and I'm ok with that.

But I was seriously side eyeing waking up from heart surgery in full makeup and walking around like the next day.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, GenieinTX said:

I thought it was cute.  Joshua Sasse has this light, like he has fun whatever he is doing.  The girl playing Evie was really cute too.  Supporting characters need some work, but it was candy colored fun.  For a show about the end of the world, it's light and fun and I'm ok with that.

But I was seriously side eyeing waking up from heart surgery in full makeup and walking around like the next day.

I assumed the heart surgery was part of a dream, but no.

It was better than the VP debate.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, GenieinTX said:

I guess the show wanted it to seem URGENT!, but as someone who has it, rest assured that the treatment for Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, if medications don't work long term, is cardiac ablation done via catheter. It's not even a "surgery" per se; it's a "procedure."

Anyhoo, I thought this might work as a 30 minute sitcom but stretching it to an hour is dubious. It didn't offend me or anything, but neither was I rapt. I'm grateful that tastes differ and there's a lid for every romantic pot, etc., but the lead male's looks are kind of dull to me. But nobody's making me date him and I don't begrudge Evie her infatuation.

• Love 1

I didn't expect to like it as much as I did.  It was better than the premise seemed to offer.  I'll keep checking it out for now.

I guess the show wanted it to seem URGENT!, but as someone who has it, rest assured that the treatment for Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, if medications don't work long term, is cardiac ablation done via catheter. It's not even a "surgery" per se; it's a "procedure."

I was wondering about that.  Thanks!

• Love 1

I thought it was fun and quite enjoyable. I liked the leads together (did not recognize Sasse from Galavant--only saw a few episodes of that--like him better here), and even laughed out loud a couple of times. Hope they can keep the premise going. I'm definitely in.

LOL cute and peculiar show, it pairs well with The Flash.

Love the idea of an apocalyst notebook.

The lead actress is likable and charming.

Hope this does decent ratings. 

Edited by DCLeague
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, lordonia said:

Anyhoo, I thought this might work as a 30 minute sitcom but stretching it to an hour is dubious. It didn't offend me or anything, but neither was I rapt. I'm grateful that tastes differ and there's a lid for every romantic pot, etc., but the lead male's looks are kind of dull to me. But nobody's making me date him and I don't begrudge Evie her infatuation.

I missed the start but didn't like this.  It wasn't the worst but it just bored me. And when I am bored by a pilot... also I just dislike the "irresponsible free spirt" wakes someone up to being irresponsible. Not my cup of tea. 

• Love 1

I'm sure I'm not the target demo, but I thought it was an okay start. At the half hour mark it felt like the episode was over, but it just kept going. The two leads are likable and play well off each other.

The heart surgery stuff felt sort of surreal. I was waiting for them to tell her that she had only eight months to live. Thankfully it wasn't that cheesy. Still, I wish something less random and severe had changed her perspective.

There were a few twists that I didn't see coming. The brother showing up at the front door! 

I was glad that she (sorry, I'm slow at learning names) put him in his place for interfering with her life. I was also glad that the characters felt somewhat real despite living in a sappy romcom.

• Love 2

They could have called this Galavant goes to Seattle.  I liked her other boyfriend, Timothy with subtitles, better than Xavier.   I laughed at the pogo stick bouncing back out of the dumpster.   Ted McGinley playing the dad made me think the show won't last.  The creepy cousin showing up from prison makes me not want to see the next episode. 

• Love 2

I really liked this more than I expected.  Still don't love the overall premise- what happens in 8 months when the asteroid doesn't hit?  Or worse, does?  There goes the cute, fluffy show if it's about life after an asteroid hit. 

Even though the issue with the premise, for me, seems like it'd be a deal-breaker, it's not.  I ADORE Josh Sasse- really loved Galavant.  Can't wait until they get him to sing.  It's inevitable considering singing is such a big deal to Evie.  I also don't recognize Tori Anderson from anything, but she really has a likability about her.  I am willing to see where this goes. 

ETA:  I just IMDB'd Tori Anderson and she was Sabine!  I liked Sabine, but didn't even realize it was the same actress!!  I like her WAY better here.

• Love 1

It did air in the US last night.  I think they are rebroadcasting it next Monday night also, and then Tuesday night will be the second episode.

I thought it was really cute.  I've never seen the lead actress before, but I thought she was adorable, and I love Joshua Sasse from Galavant and The Neighbors... so I'm in.

I really liked the Evie actress, and that she took charge of her own life/work and wasn't having Manic Pixie Dream Guy call the shots for her about major decisions even if he was inspiring her to make them.

Also loved the visuals like the pogo stick throwaway and the basketball score lights flashing away over her head as soon as Xavier started talking about the Apocalypse. And of Joshua Sasse stripping down. More of that please, showrunners.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

Did this actually air last night in the U.S. or was it pre-empted because of the Vice Presidential Debate?  If it aired, my DVR somehow missed it.  I'll go to watch it on the CW site.

I don't have a cable company DVR (or cable) but on over-the-air TV, the CW just switched from channel 9 to 50, now referred to as (I think) CW50. Maybe you need to run a reset of your channels.

The first part made sense if you buy that she came to soon after getting to the hospital (though how long it took for the heart diagnosis is another question.)  They wouldn't have had time for her to take off her makeup if she was in a hurry, and if it was a short procedure, it might not have even gotten too smudged--but it's the little details that make a bigger suspension easier or harder.  I liked the plot point about how there might be a government cover story about a training exercise, because the government knows and agrees about the asteroid (or they're not taking chances.)  I'd like to see it have an offscreen effort to destroy/move the asteroid, so that Xavier is right but they don't have to stay post-apocalyptic.  (Maybe they could have it buy a year, which would buy them another season?  Or something else could be going wrong--or it could just actually be an intentional one-season show.)

I liked the entire cast.  There was a lot for a pilot, but it might slow down when the need for explaining is a little less.  That said, I liked how they didn't leave it hanging about Evie's singing ability (take note, Scorpion.)

And much like My Name is Earl, I want to see the rest of the lists :-).

• Love 1

Just watched it online during my lunch break.  (Will have to double check the DVR... I think perhaps what happened is that my DVR can only record two things at once, and it probably recorded Gotham and one of my kids' cartoons that was re-airing for the umpteenth time.  Time to adjust the Series Priorities!)

I liked most of it.  I like Joshua Sasse from "Galavant" and I was pleasantly surprised at how likeable I found Evie to be.  I had been prepared to find her "neurotic quirky girl looking for love" stereotype to be exasperating.  I like her friend at the warehouse (the guy, not so much the girl) and I like the cartoonish portrayal of the nasty boss.  What I didn't like was her family (particularly the dad, he was just too much).  And I especially didn't like the ugly boyfriend.  I know that soft talking was supposed to be a gimmick, but it fell flat with me, because he clearly can speak in a normal volume since he did to Evie.

No comment from Evie about how the beer was warm?  It had been sitting on the porch potentially for hours.  I think that English people generally don't use ice and seem to prefer things at room temperature.  But Evie at least should have balked at drinking a warm beer, no matter what kind.

Looking forward to seeing the next items on the list.  I paused the screen and read what we could see of the lists.  Some of the funniest items were "Disable a Japanese Whaling Ship", "Attend an Eyes Wide Shut Orgy", "Karaoke with Bill Murray" and "Go on a Japanese Game Show Where You End Up Naked and Covered in Goo"

I think Evie needs to pay attention to those alarm bells -- they're loud and flashing! -- because as much sex as Xavier included on his list, it doesn't seem like monogamy during his last eight months is a priority for him. But maybe it isn't for Evie, either.

4 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Manic Pixie Dream Guy

That was the worst part for me because those characters are generally unrealistic and tiresome. I will NOT be taken in by your charm offensive!

• Love 3

I thought I recognized her but had to look it up -- that is Amy Pietz playing Evie's boss.

Was Evie's singing supposed to be bad because she was nervous? After the build-up, it was pretty lackluster. Or maybe my ear is off.

I liked this. I really like Evie and her work buddies. I feel like Xavier is really gonna get on my nerves and I'm already anticipating Evie being horrifically oblivious to his bullshit (at least with Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Josh is pretty dumb). I could take the nutty conspiracy theorist angle but quitting her job?? Heck no! Galavant is lucky he's so pretty.

I love the ex boyfriend. She should do her list with him...

• Love 1

Yeah I'm not sure how a main character that sleeps with a guy while another guy is waiting for her answer to his marriage proposal is supposed to come off as likable?  Even after it happened she gave no though to letting him down continuing to let him hang while she continued to go out with the guy she was now sleeping with.  If that weren't bad enough then promising to pimp out one of her friends to her horrible boss for her own gain.  Ugh.   At least on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Rebecca is acknowledged from the start that she was psychologically damaged/flawed and acts like a shitty person at times...while Evie the show didn't seem to actually acknowledge this crap as wrong or flawed in this way.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Xenith22 said:

Yeah I'm not sure how a main character that sleeps with a guy while another guy is waiting for her answer to his marriage proposal is supposed to come off as likable? 

I think she has trouble getting rid of him. Before he proposed they were "spending time apart." Seems like a combination of her difficulty saying 'no' to people, and him letting go.

At the very least, it's a little more complicated than it first appears.

• Love 6

I got a definite barnacle ex feeling from Whisper Guy, like Evie only ever wanted him as a friend but her family thinks he's sweet and successful and START HAVING BABIES NOW, DAMMIT. I only got a sense that she was deliberating how to turn him down, not whether or not she should. Someone you're on a break with crashing a family event and ambush proposing out of the blue isn't exactly the same as running around behind the back of someone you're in a serious healthy relationship with who has a reasonable expectation of monogamy.

• Love 1

And I especially didn't like the ugly boyfriend.  I know that soft talking was supposed to be a gimmick, but it fell flat with me, because he clearly can speak in a normal volume since he did to Evie.

Selective Mutism condition

I thought it was cute, and better than I thought it would be. The lead was likable and I liked the chemistry between the main two. It could be a good fluffy show, which is weird when it's about the apocalypse.

However, I will have a hard time totally shipping Evie/Xavier because him sending to the email to quit her job (and not just quit, but trash her boss) was a HUGE overstep. It's one think to believe the world is ending and decide not to worry about the consequences of your actions, it's another to do that for someone else.

On 10/5/2016 at 8:50 PM, Xenith22 said:

Yeah I'm not sure how a main character that sleeps with a guy while another guy is waiting for her answer to his marriage proposal is supposed to come off as likable?  Even after it happened she gave no though to letting him down continuing to let him hang while she continued to go out with the guy she was now sleeping with.

I didn't have an issue with her sleeping with Xavier because I don't think she was planning on that when she told the boyfriend she would think about it, and they seemed to not really be together before the proposal. But I did think it was kind of callous how she said she wasn't going to give him an answer while she dated Timothy to "get him out of her system." Since she told him by the end of the episode though, I still found her likable enough. Maybe it is the actress's charm.

I also liked that Timothy said he wouldn't be there when things go bad with Xavier. I liked the character, but I hope that really is the last we see of him.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

also liked that Timothy said he wouldn't be there when things go bad with Xavier. I liked the character, but I hope that really is the last we see of him.

From your keys to the writer's ears! But I suspect he's going to be a recurring character, if not a regular. Evie's family was WAY too into him for him to just disappear now; I bet he's going to "just happen to stumble across" a number of family events. Also, that line of his left me wishing I could be present as Evie's sassy gay friend so I could pipe up with "Oh, so if Evie doesn't accept your proposal you have no use for her at all, eh? Hope she remembers that if things go south with the man she's actually interested in and you swoop in like a vulture while she's vulnerable afterwards, Mr. Nice Guy. I know I will."

• Love 1

Surprised at how charming I found this. The leads are really working here. It's quirky but not "look at me being quirky!!!" Also it's very sunshiney. I can see liking this when the weather becomes horrible and dreary here which will be any second now. 

• Love 1

I tuned in for Sasse. I liked the entire cast.   Even the quiet talking boyfriend who gets sidelined.  I'd actually like to see more of him.  But as someone who the lead who set him aside sees at a little of a remove get on with his life without her even as she (likely I'm guessing) gets setback after setback pursuing her whim of the moment with Sasse's character.  A nice juxtaposition of what she is missing in a potential long term compared to the spontaneous but over-quick joys of living for today.

Because without something to actually push the story than yet another tired angry female boss who holds down her prettier and younger female employee or whatever over in a moment (or by the time the credits role) teachable family relationship moments they will preach at us every week. 

I think if this was a little darker but biting and a half hour long, this would be sit and watch tv.  As it is it is already relegated to the "nothing on what shall I watch" impulse that likely stands a good chance of not rearing its head this time of year until this is already cancelled.

• Love 2

The cousin showing up in his prison duds with the sirens already sounding in the background was sooo "You, Me & The Apocalypse." 

It was pleasant, and Sasse is a bright shiny pretty penny, but I'm not sure about committing an hour each week to these people and two let's-throw-caution-to-the-wind whacky stunts per episode.

The pogo stick boinging out of the dumpster was cute, but "metal in the microwave is COOL!" was dumber than the pogo stick was funny.

I don't know, maybe I'm just cranky and out of sorts at the mo.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

I think if this was a little darker but biting and a half hour long, this would be sit and watch tv. 

I don't want this to be darker.  There is enough dark stuff on television and in real life, IMO.  I just want this to be light, frothy, buoyant fun.

• Love 4

This episode was sort of disjointed. Like the pilot, it felt like it should have ended about three different times, but it kept on going.

I like the relationship between Xavier and his cousin. Hopefully fleeing the country doesn't prevent us from seeing him now and again.

Xavier continues to be a pretty bad person. Last week he was duplicitous and emailed Evie's boss a terrible email, nearly ruining her career. This week he is unscrupulous and engages her in felonious acts. I want to like the character but they're making it really difficult.

All the stuff with Hank and his boss was... weird. The character they've written for the boss is annoying and completely fictional. As if she simply couldn't function in life, nonetheless hold a high ranking job. She's cartoonish. Plus, why the eff do you need someone to read the employee handbook to tell you that massaging the shoulders of one of your employees is crossing a line? 

The visual gag at the end with Hank in the chair right up against her body was funny though.

I feel the same way about the stuff with Evie's dad. It felt completely unnecessary and unenjoyable. Sure, it was all setup so that Xavier could be shown doing something nice for someone Evie loves. But they could have cut that story line down to 30 seconds and had him buy someone a car or something. 

Evie's sister is okay, and I like their relationship too, but her dad not so much.

• Love 2

So I did watch last night and unfortunately I think this is a show that isn't going to make it. No plot at all. It is as if they put all their ideas into the pilot and then were left floundering here. The boss is just plain weird. Ok sure fine great that she is into Hank but man, not a couple you would "think of". Hank is not exactly Brad Pitt. As the poster above noted, surely she needs to have some social skills to be where she is. I couldn't believe all that time was spent with Xavier's cousin. Not at all the way I thought it would go after the pilot and premise. I actually really like Timothy and I think they could do something there but man, NO NO NO to the creepy stalker good guy.  Why does every show on the CW need a love triangle? Timothy can't win Evie back because he never had her. I thought this show was going to be about living life and the fun with that but no, we are already looking to side characters to keep the story going.   I thought the final scene where they were dancing or something around the washers was particularly lame and if your going to have a tv show about living life to its fullest there should never be a scene with two people getting excited about lame dancing with bubbles.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ae2 said:

Xavier continues to be a pretty bad person. Last week he was duplicitous and emailed Evie's boss a terrible email, nearly ruining her career. This week he is unscrupulous and engages her in felonious acts. I want to like the character but they're making it really difficult.

He's a bad person because he is removing her agency, I agree. BUT if we are to believe his point of view, he REALLY thinks the world is ending, and so the rules of reasonable, decent behavior no longer apply. Unfortunately, that does not seem a reasonable basis for a comedy. I wonder if the creepy stalker thing being a success with Crazy Ex-GF removed the logical apprehension about going forward with this that the executives should have had? Perhaps this would work better as a musical?

Yeah, I had it on during lunch in the background and spent more time watching the ticker conclusions of the Asian markets on the other screen.  Not a good sign.

Also not a good sign?  When you notice that Sasse's chest hair is like a chia pet that can't make up its mind.  Was there some plot point I missed that had his character kind of razor stubbly bumpy in the back of the station wagon and had hair in the bubble disco end scene?  But not the hair that Sasse pretty much loves to show off on every single red carpet and pr event I have seen him at?  I know it is an odd thing to notice but the whole Kylie romance pretty much put him in the public eye and showing a rather hirsute difference.

His character makes no sense and not just because whoever decided to style him as the shallow preening hipster is doing his character little favors; not just the douche-beanie but the two foppish rings.  He breaks out his cousin because the end of world makes it a life sentence. Yet has no problem putting her at risk to a life sentence.  Because she would have spent the rest of the eight months or whatever in jail had she been caught doing even a fraction of what he involved her in.  So maybe the douchebag hipster costume is spot on because he really is a dick no matter when he thinks the world is ending.  I guess it is supposed to be okay because he is hot and sexy that he continuously makes life decisions for her.  Its leading her by her privates just like a certain tiny handed creep bragged about but with a grudging and belated consent.

They took Teddy in exactly the worst and least compelling direction they could go. 

The boss is so one dimensional it is pathetic.  Her inability to even act human is a joke but on us as the audience. 

The only characters I came out of this liking are the two co-worker/friends. 

Hank is my favorite by far and I can definitely see why the boss finds him hot and bothersome.  And this from a guy that usually would be finding Sasse fulfilling that category.  but the costume, the character and the weird shaven look for a character that wears every shirt down to his navel when he is wearing one?  All I get from him is: what kind of fight do you get into with a big roll of duct tape and a body sized mat of velcro?  And lose?

If the next episode is this dull and overworked with so little cleverness, it's the end  for this one (sorry).

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, tenativelyyours said:

So maybe the douchebag hipster costume is spot on because he really is a dick no matter when he thinks the world is ending.  I guess it is supposed to be okay because he is hot and sexy that he continuously makes life decisions for her.  Its leading her by her privates just like a certain tiny handed creep bragged about but with a grudging and belated consent.

I hope... I really hope there is some purpose to this but I fear already that they just didn't expect the show to get picked up (I was surprised when I heard) and they just don't really have any compelling story to tell.  Does the show know that Xavier is a douchbag hipster -- I can't tell? But assuming they do, what, Evie goes back to Timothy? That seems so sad. Setting it up like the free spirit is a jerk and the responsible guy is the prince is so one dimentional. To what end? This could have been an ok show if every week they tried something off the list with unexpected consequences / they learned something. But it seems odd to be "no tomorrow" on weekends and weeknights while still working at a warehouse. Makes Evie seem like she just likes fooling around the hunky douchebag. And if he really believes there is no tomorrow how long is he going to stay with Evie? Until he finds someone else better. After all, there is no time!!

19 minutes ago, tenativelyyours said:

His character makes no sense and not just because whoever decided to style him as the shallow preening hipster is doing his character little favors; not just the douche-beanie but the two foppish rings. 

Beware of men who wear more jewelry than you do.

I think part of the disconnect for me is that the female lead is supposedly on this journey of growth and self-discovery and yet two episodes in and the male lead, who is better looking than the rest of the males and more rugged and more adventuresome and really gets away with his crap exactly because of that seems so dated.  They have made the romance a huge central part instead of an aspect*.  But it is as modern as one in a Hallmark Christmas marathon movie.  I think there could have been some really good moments where the female lead explores the various aspects of what Sasse's character is doing for her --he is giving her the best sex she ever had, she is having fun and the world might really be ending.  But he is also a child in a man's body in a lot of ways, he is selfish and he might just be completely batshit crazy.  I think there is rich ground there for some serious laughs if the writers took a few more risks.  And didn't treat the romance as some sacred old fashioned romance novel one.  Let her be strong enough to doubt his sanity but consider the great boffing worth the risk.

*I think there are so many ways Teddy could have been used that would interesting and new and clever.  But if the main character was a male I wonder if he would have had to choose so quickly and completely?  And wouldn't it have been nice if the female lead was able to let two men be in her life for a while and be allowed to choose really for herself.  I liked the character of Teddy in the first episode but they completely had to go with the neanderthal routine of making his sad and pathetic to a new level this week to show how right Sasse is in compare.    And all they did was make Sasse more annoying along with making Teddy completely annoying.  I'm rooting for some third unknown to come along and be both caring for her as a person and knock her heels so hard she finds herself back in Kansas. 

Maybe they should just go a slightly different overly trite hipster wardrobe route for Sasse?  The tee that says "I want you to think how clever and quirky I am with this tee that I pretend I wear ironically but I'm not" and just put him in one of those tees that say ALPHA on the front. 

Its too bad the show is so determined, to me at least, to tell me what I am supposed to think in terms of the characters.  Because it so often backfires and this is a definite example of that.

• Love 1

I, for one, am enjoying the show. Yes, it has little substance and makes not a ton of sense, and is cheesy. But in a world of police and medical procedurals, reality TV depicting terrible people, and polygamy families, I like a little nonsense in my day, a show that doesn't take itself so seriously. I like that this show sort of takes on the question of, if you could do anything without long term consequence what would you do and rather than go The Purge route, it's what happens in the microwave with aluminum, and what happens if you throw a bunch of bubbles into the washing machine. 

And Sasse is so pretty I don't even care what his character does. 

• Love 6

This episode was sort of disjointed. Like the pilot, it felt like it should have ended about three different times, but it kept on going.

It's lacking a big hook that shows like Jane the Virgin and even Crazy Ex-Girlfriend had.  This just feels random and like you said, disjointed, you can mix up scenes between episodes and it's hard to tell which one is which.

• Love 1
On 10/13/2016 at 3:54 PM, weightyghost said:

But in a world of police and medical procedurals, reality TV depicting terrible people, and polygamy families, I like a little nonsense in my day, a show that doesn't take itself so seriously.

Exactly. This is its great appeal. TV has been getting darker and darker, which isn't entertaining for me. This lighthearted show -- where the lead female absolutely does stand up for herself (not entirely to her boss, yet, but there's some practicality involved there) and makes the lead male consider more than his singular vision -- is a breath of fresh air. She's also stretching her own boundaries bit by bit. Someone who is very controlled might need to start slow and build. Foil in the microwave is just a little step, as is dancing in a yard full of bubbles, but singing in public and diving off a cliff are both big. And I don't see anything wrong with some good romance. This show is nothing like Hallmark movies just because it has some romance rather than emotionless hookups. <-- Those are boring.

• Love 5

I'm enjoying this show.  I realise there isn't much of a plot and it seems like a series of disjointed vignettes, but Seinfeld was also a show famously about nothing.  I like the interactions of the characters, although I agree that the boss lady is a cartoon.  Nobody could rise to such a high position in the company and be that clueless.

And I continue to think that the character of the dad is extraneous, and I'm really not liking the desperation of the ex, Timothy.  Whatever the actor is doing, it's not working.

For me, this show is about Joshua Sasse and the female lead, and their interactions.  I'm liking the overall theme of the crazy adventures.

On 10/12/2016 at 6:34 PM, tenativelyyours said:

Also not a good sign?  When you notice that Sasse's chest hair is like a chia pet that can't make up its mind.  Was there some plot point I missed that had his character kind of razor stubbly bumpy in the back of the station wagon and had hair in the bubble disco end scene?  But not the hair that Sasse pretty much loves to show off on every single red carpet and pr event I have seen him at?  I know it is an odd thing to notice but the whole Kylie romance pretty much put him in the public eye and showing a rather hirsute difference.

I have to admit that I noticed this as well.  In Galavant we had Kylie Minogue singing about his "lush pectoral lawn" (or something like that).  In the first episode his chest looked the same.  In the opening scene of the second episode, he looked completely shaved.  Then varying degrees throughout the episode.  I'm not sure what was the reasoning behind his shaving, but the continuity department really failed.  Especially since his character spends seemingly half the episode shirtless or with his shirt opened or unbuttoned down to his stomach.

• Love 1

The whole time watching (first timer), I was thinking how Lucifer (the TV character) would play the Xavier scenes.  The ironic premise of Lucifer is that he keeps insisting he is precisely who he says he is - Satan - but nobody takes that seriously, despite his other-worldly knack for getting folks to act out in ways they do not understand.   

My other biggest issue with this show is that aside from the very serious love developing between the protagonists, literally every other person and relationship is a caricature.  

What a shame.  The concept could and should work very well.  Not with these showrunners.

• Love 1

I'm out.   This show is a lacy little embroidered pillow that says "Enjoy Yourself (It's Later Than You Think)."  Hey, people, ditch that job that makes you miserable.  Tra-la, never mind the part where society collapses into complete anarchy.

I know, I'm a Grinch--I guess lighthearted and foolish just aren't my cup o' tea.

• Love 3

This show! 

First I am not quite sure why everyone thinks Xavier is insane when he brings up the theory.  I mean if anyone actually heard the theory and rejected it and then Xavier kept at it, ok. But no one ever examines the theory.  Not even Evie.  That kind of smacks of a moron.  I mean Xavier's point was sort of well taken, you just want to have fun and stick your head in the sand. 

But, Xavier is kind of a idiot. Why even in no tomorrow 5 months to live land - are guys still all about the ego. He just want Evie to agree with him and tell him how right he is. I suspect that he only tolerates her because she goes along with his current thinking and most other people won't.

This show is sooooo desperate with regard to the side characters. What was Timothy doing all last night. I have no idea.  

Really poor show.

• Love 1

This was the first episode and only episode I ever saw. Never even heard of it before. 

I guess I'm in the minority here, because I thought it was good silly fun. 

Of course, after sitting through an episode of "The Flashes," just about anything is good silly fun...

• Love 1