Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Chapter 3

• Start Topic

All caught up now, and lots on my mind

Sarah Paulson is at her best, it seems, playing bitchery. 

Andre Holland did a great job of showing how totally 'not himself' Matt was while putting on the little sex show with Gaga for the hillbillies (and the hillbillies were masturbating while watching, right?)

Cricket is the love child of the late Henry Gibson and the late Kathryn Joosten. Though Leslie Jordan did a wonderful job of playing the character's eccentricities while still conveying his conviction that he is, in fact, in communion with the dead.

Glad to get a lot more information on the Roanoke connection (though I suspect there's even more to come) and thrilled that Wes Bentley got some lines this time. He and Kathy Bates are doing a great job on both the mother/son relationship - loved his attempt to hug her after the torture collar was locked - and the accent, which is pretty accurate for that place at the time they lived.

Overall, this season seems to be a return to real creepiness and authentic horror. "Coven" had some great moments and great performances but somehow missed the mark with the story. "Freak Show" veered into camp, and I know a lot of people were disappointed with Elsa's fate. And "Hotel" was actually more involved with glamor/decadence than true horror tropes. This one has me spooked and hooked.

• Love 1

Is Finn Wittrock even supposed to be in this season? I didn't see his name in the credits at the end, unlike Evan Peters and Cheyenne Jackson who are listed as series regulars but haven't yet appeared. Maybe if Wittrock does appear, he will only be a episodic "guest star".

It's supposed to be the reenactment people who are actors, and the talking heads who are the real people. But it kinda feels the opposite to me. I feel like the reenactment is the real thing and the talking heads are actors.

On 9/29/2016 at 6:28 PM, Pixel said:

I was obviously way off on my previous prediction that the Polks weren't bad guys and were trying to warn people off buying the house to protect them. Wayyyyyyy off. 

What, good guys don't keep unwanted children locked in animal barns their whole lives? Good guys don't masturbate while watching ghost rape? Well, I'm sorry the Polks don't live up to your impossible standards of being a "good guy," Pixel.

• Love 6

He did dramatically shift the entire vibe of the show. Of course, I can't take any show seriously that has moving pigs tails nailed to the wall so I guess Leslie Jordan fits right in with the over the top absurdity that is AHS.

• Love 2
On 10/1/2016 at 0:21 AM, caracas1914 said:

Thomasin might have been a "HIllary" I"m not slamming her but what she represents to some) in that the men resented her being put in a position of authority and power over them.

To be fair, would she have been qualified? The typical Colonial woman couldn't even sign her name because, other than WRT the Bible, only men were educated back then.

Yeah, Peters was the MVP of Hotel for me, and that's something when you're up against the performances Dennis O'Hare and Angela Basset turned in. I do want to see what role he's earmarked for this time around. (And I hope it's not Pig Man, I want Bomer for that.)

• Love 1