Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: The Big Event

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Ben saying he hasn't had "this feeing" since he played football made me so sad. This is what happens when you leave real life behind and swan dive into the extreme fundy Duggar pond.  I'm still hoping he lets the angry-vengeful God go and embraces a more loving and forgiving god who's laid back enough use His power to help Ben's favorite football team win on Sundays.  Sarcasm aside, the guy puts himself out there and tries to balance out the wacko life he willingly chose but now regrets, with the life he could have had if he'd just waited a beat to get laid. 

Edited by Magoo
  • Love 17

I thought it odd that the Pool House is being referred to as the Guest House. Most guest houses are small studios or bungalows, not a 3 bedroom home with its own street address.

I'm guessing Jana is picking the paint color and not painting the entire interior, parts of which have 20' ceilings, herself. 

• Love 6

If Jessa wants 19 boys then where will they live? I can't imagine living in the mold house after they have the second kid. I know Anna and Josh did it but I can't see  Princess Prickly Pear in there for long.

And I too find it strange that the pool house goes to Jill n Derick---why??

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 2

Jinger looked dead in the eyes last night. She acted so strange like her new prison sentence has a whole new set of rules she has to master. Poor thing RUN! Your an adult there is no reason to be one and done in order to escape.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Magoo said:

Ben saying he hasn't had "this feeing" since he played football made me so sad. This is what happens when you leave real life behind and swan dive into the extreme fundy Duggar pond.  I'm still hoping he lets the angry-vengeful God go and embraces a more loving and forgiving god who's laid back enough use His power to help Ben's favorite football team win on Sundays.  Sarcasm aside, the guy puts himself out there and tries to balance out the wacko life he willingly chose but now regrets, with the life he could have had if he'd just waited a beat to get laid. 

You're a more sympathetic person than me, Magoo. I don't feel bad for Ben at all. He choose the life he has and doesn't seem to be making any effort to change it. No one is holding him hostage; he could go back to school, join a weekend football club, get a job that he enjoys, not have baby after baby, etc.  That's the one nice thing I can say about Derick, he's following his dream (although that is tempered by Jill's obvious dislike of the actual work of missioning).

• Love 9

How is it possible that Jinger doesn't even know how to cook spaghetti?!  In a family that size, the fact that she can't cook anything is beyond belief.  Was her job just to look pretty and learn the art of drawing on perfectly overdone eyeliner?  And she's willing to miss a plane to see Baaaaaaaabe because she can't get that last damn banana curl just right?  But maybe they can just drive?  Or catch another flight??  She wasn't serious, right?

Joy - what is wrong with this girl?  She really doesn't seem to know anything.  And I mean, ANYTHING.  Every time she's asked a question, she struggles.  When the interviewer asked her what color Jana would be, I thought for sure she'd answer, "Um...octopus?  Is that a color?"  How is this girl going to make it through life with an empty brain?  It's sad, and it proves beyond a doubt that many of the Duggar kids just slipped right through the cracks of Me'chelle's bang-up home schoolin'. 

Who was the brother that answered the Jana-color question with, "she'd be the perfect color?"  I found that sweet.  Although the question itself was completely stupid.  I was so hoping John David would get asked that question, just so I could hear his answer and watch him try not to roll his eyes.

Jessa, in talking about who would play football positions in her family: "Josie would be the water boy."  LOLOLOLOLZ.

And that's only the first fifteen minutes, I needed to take a break after that and clear the stupid from my brain.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

Here's a thought: I believe that Janarella is being punished for some reason. I'll take this to her thread if I have to, but I have often wondered why J-Chelle seems to detest her, KJB uses her like she's an indentured servant, and her brothers and sisters follow their lead.

One has to wonder what Jana did or did not do to be treated this way. 

She's the twin who kicked Michelle in the womb.  lol

• Love 6
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

All the attendees at the camp looked like regular kids from the suburbs. I know I shouldn't stereotype, but I didn't really get an underprivileged vibe.

Well, since this group is already Duggar-affiliated, I'm guessing it's got a recruit-these-people-into-our-church component somewhere. And it's the suburban kids you want to recruit, not the underprivileged ones. Because, hey, which families have some money that you can grift from them?

Yes, Duggars, this is how cynical you've made me about your whole branch of religion. I used to figure that, while there were many grifters in it, there were probably also many who were sincere and charitable and so on. No longer. Shame if I was right before. But the we're-on-TeeVee-making-sure-God-is-promoted-correctly Duggs have now made me 100 percent cynical about fundieland. Good job, Jizm Boob Shithead and clan.

9 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I didn't hear but if so, that's the greatest thing I've read all day. "Shit. What's that ones name? Jodie? There's GOT to be a Jodie somewhere in here."

I love it. It's the flip side of "There's a Justin?"

• Love 8

If Jinger could barely sleep the night before leaving, I would have expected her to be up earlier than the rest, dressed & ready to go & having to wait for the others not vice versa.  What is it with this group & making eggs right before leaving?  It's one thing to throw everything together to make a sandwich which is easier to carry &eat but it looked like they were juggling paper plates of eggs.  Couldn't they have found a Chik-fil-a or other fast food  to grab on the way?  I guess Jinger used up any extra time. 

Poor Ben.  He really thought these kids would love getting a Flame CD & bracelet.  (It was nice of Flame to donate.)

I agree about Joy & thinks she needs to take a summer school class or two with Tabitha.  When they were asking her a question about the football "positions", she replied stumbling with her words using "preposition" or "proposition" (or a similar incorrect word) instead of "position." I'm not even sure if she realized she used the wrong word like most of us would have.  Seven year old Callie Bates has better replies on her TH's (without being coached.)

• Love 14

Why did Jessa say that Jinger will be the first girl in the family to get married and move away?  Where exactly does she think Jill went? 

Don't any of these husbands have to buy their own homes? Is JB going to supply housing for all of them after marriage? 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Malvina said:

Too much football for j, not enough design by CinderJana.

Did I spy full frontal hug at the airport in previews?

Yes you did!  I saw the hug too.  But they can't even hold hands while walking on a public street!  Wow!

I also spotted Michelle walking a few feet behind Ben/Jessa who were walking a few feet behind Jeremy/Jinger.  I just don't understand this family!  These are adults.  If Ben/Jessa are "chaperoning", why does Michelle have to be there?  It could have been a nice couples-thing (even with little Spurg {who is the happiest little guy I've ever seen}) with them.  Michelle needs to be at home taking care of her own little ones instead of spying on her married and adult children.  Had she paid as much attention to them when they were younger perhaps Josh could have been stopped before he did so much emotional damage to those girls, especially my favorite-Jana!

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Evagirl said:

Yes you did!  I saw the hug too.  But they can't even hold hands while walking on a public street!  Wow!

I also spotted Michelle walking a few feet behind Ben/Jessa who were walking a few feet behind Jeremy/Jinger.  I just don't understand this family!  These are adults.  If Ben/Jessa are "chaperoning", why does Michelle have to be there?  It could have been a nice couples-thing (even with little Spurg {who is the happiest little guy I've ever seen}) with them.  Michelle needs to be at home taking care of her own little ones instead of spying on her married and adult children.  Had she paid as much attention to them when they were younger perhaps Josh could have been stopped before he did so much emotional damage to those girls, especially my favorite-Jana!

Seriously why the fuck was Mechelle even there. She has literally at least 7+ kids at home to watch. SMDH.  Free Jana

• Love 8

Jinge said that her mom was coming because it might be her only chance to meet Jeremy's family, which I found odd....unless she meant meet them before the wedding.  Or quite possibly, Michelle just grabs at any and all chances to get out of the house and leave the messy child rearing to Jana, as well as not having to be joyfully available for a few precious hours.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

How is it possible that Jinger doesn't even know how to cook spaghetti?!  In a family that size, the fact that she can't cook anything is beyond belief.  

I don't understand this either. Isn't spaghetti one of the easiest meals to make for a large group? Seriously, what are they eating and who is doing the cooking?

I am also desperately hoping those 20-somethings were kidding about not knowing what linguine and baked ziti are. I agree that Jana seems very sweet, but she also seems very dumb to me.

• Love 6

Reminder: Do not speculate about which Duggar girl Josh molested. Yes, we know Jill and Jessa were two of his victims, but we have no proof who the other girls were. Also do not speculate Jana was assaulted by Josh and is not a virgin anymore. Keep the conversation on what happen in the episode. I am sure there are other places to discuss Josh's victims and what may or may not happened. The mods will hide or edit posts speculating about which Duggar girl was molested and what Josh actually did to them.

I imagine what's going on between Michelle and Jana is much simpler than we think.  Dad, as dad's will do, fell in love with his first baby girl.  Michelle noticed and her brain screamed "Competition!"  She started to treat Jana differently than her boys.  Dad noticed and in an effort to protect his baby girl he slowly started to withdraw his affection.  It's stupid but it happens in families.

By the time Jill came along Michelle had already concentrated her jealousy on Jana so Jim Bob had a baby girl he could dote on.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Maria Von Trapp said:

why does everything they do have to involve a time crunch and a panic to get things done by a made up deadline?

It's a TLC plot device that they overuse.  It's a theme through far too many TLC shows.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

Seriously why the fuck was Mechelle even there. She has literally at least 7+ kids at home to watch. SMDH.  Free Jana

I think Bin, Jessa and Jinger were wondering the same thing. I got the impression they wanted this to be a couples only trip and Michelle was the fifth wheel. When Jinger got into the van she was all bubbly and excited with Jessa while completely ignoring Michelle.

I also maintain that Bin and Jinger would've made the better couple. Quite a few posters on Pickles mentioned the chemistry between them when Bin was hovering over Jinger while she did her hair. Very interesting.

• Love 7

JWhen the interviewer asked her what color Jana would be, I thought for sure she'd answer, "Um...octopus?  Is that a color?

Omg I love you!  Have you picked up your prize yet for winning the Internet today? It's a delicious tater tot casserole.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Evagirl said:

Michelle claimed it was a good opportunity to meet Jeremy's family.

Who was the brother that answered the Jana-color question with, "she'd be the perfect color?"  I found that sweet.  Although the question itself was completely stupid.

Ummm...the answer to that question is so obvious; Jana would be brown 'cause everyone continually shits on her. Duh.

(Sorry but I HAD to say it lol)

• Love 15

Did Jinger roll her eyes in this episode? She has become a caricature of herself.

Michelle didn't back out when she found there would be 2 couples? What an intruding bitch.  Probably so they can get paid for the episode.

Aren't these people rabid Razorback fans? Isn't that a football team?

I'm not hearing any Dullard talk. Getting worried they will dedicate a horrible episode to those dull grifters. You know the ones who are either home for a short 4 month break, or having a continual stream of visitors to hold Izzy.

Recapping courtships of the other couples. Say you are kidding. TLC will recap everything they do as a preview, then as a preview to the scene, then to recap the scene when they come back from commercial break, then for the opening scene of the next episode. Now they want to recap the recaps, from the last time they did this. OMG!

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Toddlers and Tiaras may be the absolute worst.  It's in every stinking episode.

I agree, they do it on Cake Boss and every HGTV show as well. "Oh, no! Our home makeover isn't even close to being finished and the owners are on their way!". Well considering the owners are getting five figures worth of free labor and decorations, they can wait outside for five fucking minutes while you hang the curtains. 

The Duggars have already overused this trope and we're only three episodes in. Next week we'll see Jeremy's fake panic over whether his totally-not-staged-for-tv proposal will go off without a hitch. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8

Guest house? That's more like a mansion! Guess Jill must indeed be the favorite child. Or else Jim Bob is dangling the carrot that makes sure Derrick doesn't take Jill away from home to Central America ever again. 

Too much Ben, though I admit he's more interesting than most of the Duggar brothers. Jim Bob better get one of them married off soon before all the girls are gone, or Josie will wind up cooking and doing their laundry for them at age 10. They seem to be incapable of doing it themselves. 

I"m still wondering where Josh and Anna are living. I've seen rumors more than once that Jim Bob bought them a house, as a bribe to keep Anna from leaving. But I have to wonder if they're actually living in John-David's house. Have we ever actually seen his house on the show? I guess he owns it but isn't allowed to live in it.

• Love 3

I was waiting for Ben to talk about his big success story: Marrying a hot Duggar girl, getting her pregnant within the first year, and TLC promoting him as a the best Duggar Family male because Josh turn out to be a disaster, and Derick turn out to be a run away dud. Lets not forget to add religion to the football program because God help the heathen football players see the way. The one Duggar son doing the traffic control. I would love to see him do the real deal. I did it once on Halloween at the governor mansion for the first time, and believe me it is not something to make fun of.

Redoing the guest house for Jill and Derick? They should be grateful to have a place to live at all especially after seeing how the loss, heathens souls in Central America were living. Makes me stabby!!!

And a letter to TLC: Please for the love of Pete, do not keep promoting Benster as the great Duggar catch. You can try it until everyone is blue in the face, but in the long run, he is a famewhoring religious, self righteous, hypocrite kid who thinks he knows how the real world should be. Now, if you decide to drop him and Jessa off in a dangerous low income, crime ridden area to fend for themselves with absolutely no help, I would watch.  I guess the Jill/Derick and Jessa/Ben couple storyline bombed big time, so we are now on the Jessa/Ben and Jinger/Jeremy couple storyline. UGH!!!

Unfortunately, the more we see of Joy, the more we realize that she is not very bright.  She must've gotten lost in the group of  boys and no one noticed that she was doing zero schoolwork, which was poor quality curriculum to begin with.

Ben's footbal camp was reality tv agenda driven, but at least he could even carry the story line. The genetic Duggars couldn't do that much. 

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

And a letter to TLC: Please for the love of Pete, do not keep promoting Benster as the great Duggar catch. You can try it until everyone is blue in the face, but in the long run, he is a famewhoring religious, self righteous, hypocrite kid who thinks he knows how the real world should be. Now, if you decide to drop him and Jessa off in a dangerous low income, crime ridden area to fend for themselves with absolutely no help, I

I agree. They completely misrepresented that football camp. I thought Bin was supposed to be helping inner city youth, not tossing footballs to kids who look like they stop at Starbucks four times a week while their moms admonish then not to spill Frappuccino on their North Face jackets. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 15

In my opinion, Ben could not really carry his own story line. He kept repeating himself over and over again, and the way he talk was bad. I was cracking up laughing while the discussion before and the football camp scenes were shown. It would have been more interesting watching the paint dry or the new wallpaper being put up in the Dullards guesthouse mansion. I cannot imagine Ben being a minister or even talking in front of a large group of people. They are trying to promote Jessa and Ben as the Duggar "it" couple, and TLC and the Duggars are doing a poor job of it. The thought of Jessa/Ben and Jinger/Jeremy leaving Duggar Land and heading to Texas to have their own show makes me want to run to TLC headquarters and do a one woman protest against the idea. Btw, how kind of it was for Ben to make sure Flame's Christian Rap music cd ended up in the kids' backpack. Keep it Klassy Flame and Ben.

Best part of his episode hands down was watching the Duggars try to figure out what the difference is between linguine and spaghetti. I was waiting for someones head to explode like a cartoon character. Again watching Spurgeon play and smile more interesting than all the rest!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

In my opinion, Ben could not really carry his own story line. He kept repeating himself over and over again, and the way he talk was bad. I was cracking up laughing while the discussion before and the football camp scenes were shown. It would have been more interesting watching the paint dry or the new wallpaper being put up in the Dullards guesthouse mansion. I cannot imagine Ben being a minister or even talking in front of a large group of people. They are trying to promote Jessa and Ben as the Duggar "it" couple, and TLC and the Duggars are doing a poor job of it. The thought of Jessa/Ben and Jinger/Jeremy leaving Duggar Land and heading to Texas to have their own show makes me want to run to TLC headquarters and do a one woman protest against the idea. Btw, how kind of it was for Ben to make sure Flame's Christian Rap music cd ended up in the kids' backpack. Keep it Klassy Flame and Ben.

Ok, I should've clarified.  By Duggar Standards, he did pretty well.  They do things a little bit different! 

The regular world?  uh...not so much. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Well, the parent organization I posted on the first page is Christian. Didn't you see the cross on the footballs sported on the kids' t-shirts? The guy with bad feet's testimony? They were preaching to suburban kids. I've never seen even a day camp in which the parents stick around to watch, even on a Saturday (that was established in the plot). The parents knew what this was all about; trust your speshul snowflakes with the leaders for crissakes!

• Love 3

Do y`all think  before Jim Bob lets his precious cargo go off on one of these grand adventures he calls a family meeting?  You know something like,  "Jessa, you're the man in charge on this trip.  Don't do anything to embarrass us back home.  Make sure Jinger and Jeremy play it straight.  We don't know how righteous Jeremy's extended family is yet.  And for the sweet love of Jesus, Jessa, don't let your mother wander off!"

Cue camera to Michelle wandering around Philadelphia asking random strangers if it's time for her vitamins.

• Love 16

I often wonder if Jana wasn't always the "easy" kid.  A couple of my siblings have gone through that.  One of their early kids turns out to be so easy it is not funny.  Sleep through the night.  Done.  Potty trained.  Done.  Walking. Done.  Relatively smart.  Done.  Then the next kids come along and are what kids usually are.  Cranky. Fussy.  Work.  And the odd thing, in my family and in others, the cranky child gets rewarded.  Not consciously, but because parents tend to strive to make their babies happy.  And since Me-chelle is all about the baby aspect, how much is she loved the fussy little bundles that required all her attention?  And easy babies that have younger siblings often turn into the responsible child early on (they don't always stay that way or even for that long, but often enough that the younger children the parents indulged become that older child's responsibility.  And in this case completely. 

Jinjer really had to play up the 'girls in love' are all about the countenance.   Silly girls.  What we menfolk suffer just so you look presentable.

I wanted to sit all of them down and have a football quiz.  Even Bin seems like he was more about wearing his jersey on jersey day than actually knowing that much about the game in terms of training others.  He seems like such a dull little follower in all things no matter how he strives otherwise.  Just hope Jessa's self-centered impatience doesn't cause her to yank too hard on that leash.

The pretend redecorate/remodel/renovate/try to pretend they do something beyond wait for the cameras was rather silly since the ratings strongly suggest that they are only pulling in a strong crowd of long time viewers.   We can count and we can recognize.  If you weren't all so freaking dull, maybe things could slide by.  But when curling irons are a plot line, you people are too blithering flat and dull to draw attention away from details you will try to pass off differently in episodes to come.

I think the New York aspect was some little demographic study done by the network to determine how to make them more mainstream and hide their tawdry creepy perverted past.  I think if they really had true ties to the area, they would not have to do much nor would they have had the engagement in the city itself since no one actually lives there in NYC itself.  All camera ready and no doubt hoping to tie it all in with plenty of network morning news show appearances.  I think they are going to tap out the season with the wedding announcement and then go for a wedding special that stands alone.  Maybe between Thanksgiving and Christmas.   That or the show is going to go full bore all the way to December with the wedding as the last bit.  We know they filmed the return of the Dullards.  And there were a couple of social media pics from both the Dullards and the Fire and Binstones that suggested for camera contrivance.  They really are dragging this show out. 

The Holy Goalie really is all about his close up.  He really comes off creepier and creepier in his on camera persona.  Considering that Derrick Dullard has never really relaxed for the cameras (I think a small part is he is the most self-aware and knows full well he is grifting his life away but is too lazy and too simple in his own way to see past the fact that grifting is giving him the closest thing to a good life he can imagine) and bin just seems to finally be settling in, The Holy Goalie is all kinds of weird since he comes off like someone doing a parody of a game show host.  Not an actual game show host.  But without the snark intended.  It's all accidental.  He reminds me a bit of all those people on Dateline that talk about how perfect their marriages are and then it turns out they killed their spouse.  That sort of over eager almost crooning fakery that just seems always a touch off even before you hear the details of the crime. 

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, the parent organization I posted on the first page is Christian. Didn't you see the cross on the footballs sported on the kids' t-shirts? The guy with bad feet's testimony? They were preaching to suburban kids. I've never seen even a day camp in which the parents stick around to watch, even on a Saturday (that was established in the plot). The parents knew what this was all about; trust your speshul snowflakes with the leaders for crissakes!

I took a look at the organization. "Teaching and mentoring opportunities to help teach kids to make the right choices, pursuing and valuing education and positive character traits." And you have the Duggars helping out?! *snort* These people (and yes, I look at you too Ben,) are so far from this they would need to send out a search party to bring the Duggars back to the real world.

This episode was the least watchable by a long shot of all the episodes this season I've seen yet. 

It was bad. All the flipping back and forth to watching Jinger get ready. I get wanting to look good, but almost missing a flight really threw me off.  I checked, most curling irons can be packed and brought with you. So you could do your hair in the airport bathroom if it's really that important. 

Everyone was boring and predictable. 

I know a lot of people found the camp not legit-looking, but for the Duggars (and Seewalds) it looked way too legit! They had people who really knew football working there.  Why they needed the Duggars and Ben there is beyond me.The most legit Duggar involvement was the boy sitting in a lawn chair with a sign telling the camp was this way. 

Jinger facetimes with Ben all the time with seemingly little chaperonage. I don't remember any other courting couple being allowed to do that. 

Jinger also flat out said she loves Jeremy. Jessa and particularly Jill were careful to save I love him for marriage. It goes along with the fundie "Don't give away pieces of your heart/save your heart for marriage" ideal. 

They also are now into mainstream football when in the past their favorite sport was the made-up broom ball. 

According to wikipedia, there is no Jodie although it could be a new nickname for someone.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I took a look at the organization. "Teaching and mentoring opportunities to help teach kids to make the right choices, pursuing and valuing education and positive character traits." And you have the Duggars helping out?! *snort* These people (and yes, I look at you too Ben,) are so far from this they would need to send out a search party to bring the Duggars back to the real world.

Valuing education? Also, don't like the bait and switch act. Bin was selling this like he had this great idea that Jessa was supporting, and all he did was call in an existing operation. Was this organization mentioned in the episode?

• Love 5

I feel like Joy thinks it's cute (and it's what she's supposed to do) to 'play' the dumb blonde act. But the problem, I think, is that she is not playing at all. This is her.  Dumb as rocks. *sorry rocks...I don't mean to offend you*

It really stood out to me when JD took her flying.   I just don't like her and that actually makes me feel bad bc I'm not certain this is her fault.

• Love 11

Wonder why when the Duggar girls get about 16 and start using make-up, they heavily make up their eyes but rarely use lipstick unless it's a sheer gloss?  I noticed that with Anna too.  She was starting to sport raccoon eyes.  Rumor has it that she's pregnant and laying low.  You know Josh probably jumped her bones as soon as he could after being release from the sex-rehab.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Valuing education? Also, don't like the bait and switch act. Bin was selling this like he had this great idea that Jessa was supporting, and all he did was call in an existing operation. Was this organization mentioned in the episode?

Of course not, because this was supposed to be BEN'S idea. But it was all over every person's shirt. It was an easy google from there to uncover the truth of the matter. 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

I feel like Joy thinks it's cute (and it's what she's supposed to do) to 'play' the dumb blonde act. But the problem, I think, is that she is not playing at all. This is her.  Dumb as rocks. *sorry rocks...I don't mean to offend you*

It really stood out to me when JD took her flying.   I just don't like her and that actually makes me feel bad bc I'm not certain this is her fault.

I think Joy's been told it's not attractive to be smarter than boys, that it's not attractive to show them up in any way like she would have naturally done (and did) with her brothers. I do think she's smart but that she plays the role of a simple country girl who loves nothing more than caring for her siblings on TV. She and Jana both look snarky when they're giving their "dumb" answers, as if they know the part they're supposed to play but aren't exactly cool with it.

Joy and Jana have both seemed relatively quick-witted in the past, it's jarring to see the stupidity play now. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Poor Jana. Can they at least get her a puppy like they did for the Spinster Maxwell girl?

Joy strikes me as one those women who wears ignorance like it's a badge of honor. I always thought Jill was dumb, but Christ, she looks like Stephen Hawking in comparison to Joy. 

Jinger doesn't know how to cook spaghetti, Jill can't master the complexities of Minute Rice, none of the girls knew how to make mashed potatoes, their knife skills are horrific, James had never heard of hummus. What the fuck do these people eat? 

I think now that Joy is of "marrying age," she has transitioned into a new "season of life," and thinks acting dumb is what men expect to see. Even last season, she seemed kind of like a "junior sister" in high school, and their endless conversations about finding a spouse seemed to be, for her, hypothetical. Now that she's graduated, she may feel kind of like a part of her identity has been lost. She is no longer a minor in school, and instead is a girl without much purpose except to stay home until she is married. However, I'm not sure she thinks that deeply about it, but I'm sure she can sense a shift in her life and might feel a little uncertain. She may be trying to act like she thinks a girl hoping for marriage would, but is too immature to see how silly she looks. 

She ought to look up to Jana as her example instead. While I've never thought Jana was particularly a genius, she seems to possess keen insight and the desire to learn, and that makes her seem intelligent than others. Jana strikes me as someone who is well-read, researches how to do things, and thinks before she speaks. I still think she may have actually thought critically about fundamentalism, but lacks the qualities she'd need to make a run for it. I also truly think she isn't married yet because she can see through the acts these guys put on, especially Ben and Jeremy. She may also want to delay courtship so she doesn't have to do it on camera, and is self-aware enough to know that privacy is in her best interest as a person with her temperament, no matter how hard anyone pushes. 

• Love 6

Anyone else snicker when Bin said, "Jinger has no idea what's coming for her" in regards to Babe's plans? 

As a football fan, I enjoyed the camp scenes and was feeling pretty good about Bin, thinking at least he's accomplishing something. But now that I've learned that he just joined in for probably one time on something that already existed - and it was presented as all his idea, really annoys me. There would have been nothing wrong with telling the truth - that Bin had a great opportunity to get a little work experience and was allowed to participate in this Life Champs day-camp. But instead, TLC, or the Duggars, or Bin and Jessa just had to make it more.

Re painting the guest house - was that really even necessary?  Why not instead show the Duggar clan doing some good works for someone else? And if the Dullards are actually going to live there (and not return to Danger America), why not let them pick out their own color scheme and then actually take part in the work themselves?

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 12

According to wikipedia, there is no Jodie although it could be a new nickname for someone.According to wikipedia, there is no Jodie although it could be a new nickname for someone.

Maybe a nickname for Joe while he is transitioning?

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I think now that Joy is of "marrying age," she has transitioned into a new "season of life," and thinks acting dumb is what men expect to see. Even last season, she seemed kind of like a "junior sister" in high school, and their endless conversations about finding a spouse seemed to be, for her, hypothetical. Now that she's graduated, she may feel kind of like a part of her identity has been lost. She is no longer a minor in school, and instead is a girl without much purpose except to stay home until she is married. However, I'm not sure she thinks that deeply about it, but I'm sure she can sense a shift in her life and might feel a little uncertain. She may be trying to act like she thinks a girl hoping for marriage would, but is too immature to see how silly she looks. 

She ought to look up to Jana as her example instead. While I've never thought Jana was particularly a genius, she seems to possess keen insight and the desire to learn, and that makes her seem intelligent than others. Jana strikes me as someone who is well-read, researches how to do things, and thinks before she speaks. I still think she may have actually thought critically about fundamentalism, but lacks the qualities she'd need to make a run for it. I also truly think she isn't married yet because she can see through the acts these guys put on, especially Ben and Jeremy. She may also want to delay courtship so she doesn't have to do it on camera, and is self-aware enough to know that privacy is in her best interest as a person with her temperament, no matter how hard anyone pushes. 

They need to show behind the scenes.

Jana on the computer 'researching gardens' 'researching painting' .. Jana is on that computer all day. No wonder she's the 'smart' one who gets shit done. She is probably secretly completing an undergraduate degree. Or she's on tinder.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

How is it possible that Jinger doesn't even know how to cook spaghetti?!  In a family that size, the fact that she can't cook anything is beyond belief.  Was her job just to look pretty and learn the art of drawing on perfectly overdone eyeliner?  And she's willing to miss a plane to see Baaaaaaaabe because she can't get that last damn banana curl just right?  But maybe they can just drive?  Or catch another flight??  She wasn't serious, right?

Joy - what is wrong with this girl?  She really doesn't seem to know anything.  And I mean, ANYTHING.  Every time she's asked a question, she struggles.  When the interviewer asked her what color Jana would be, I thought for sure she'd answer, "Um...octopus?  Is that a color?"  How is this girl going to make it through life with an empty brain?  It's sad, and it proves beyond a doubt that many of the Duggar kids just slipped right through the cracks of Me'chelle's bang-up home schoolin'. 

Who was the brother that answered the Jana-color question with, "she'd be the perfect color?"  I found that sweet.  Although the question itself was completely stupid.  I was so hoping John David would get asked that question, just so I could hear his answer and watch him try not to roll his eyes.

Jessa, in talking about who would play football positions in her family: "Josie would be the water boy."  LOLOLOLOLZ.

And that's only the first fifteen minutes, I needed to take a break after that and clear the stupid from my brain.

Um that is what her headship is for!  No need to make the little lady think on her own.  It might cause her to sweat and ruin that banana curl she fought so hard to create.  Or she just might have some impure thoughts.  This could also explain why the boys have no goals/job/responsibilities.  They have to be around in case the girls need rescuing from a stubborn roll of saran wrap.  

• Love 4