Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: The Crimson King

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, qwerty said:

Does anyone else think Roxy is a real girl, but not someone he's in a romantic relationship with? A daughter maybe? I know it's unlikely, but it's what I'm hoping for. 

Good point. Or maybe a beloved niece or sister. Remember, Morgan was a devoted brother to his sisters.

Well, I finally sat and saw this episode. And then I came back here to read your comments.

Since there are several comments that positively cover every point, I will only weight in on a few things: 

* First, I still hate the dressing code. Formal for the brains, t-shirts for the brawns, worn out jeans for grandpa Rossi who still can't accept he should be chasing ducks somewhere else, and eternally loud Garcia.

* Incongruences in the script; nothing new on CM, but I read an article about the Kick incident a few days ago, and what I remember is that Gibson said to Williams something like 'a line didn't make sense with the previous lines he had already said', but the writer said the line would stay as it was written, because he needed it that way. After that, Gibson said he came back to the group of cast mates, and a few moments later the kick incident happened. Nevertheless, what I'm trying to state is that maybe even if you notice a mistake with your previous background story, if you are an actor it may not be your call to change what the writer wrote. So, maybe they all notice, but they play along because that's their job.

* Third: I didn't like it much, but it wasn't terrible. It was just standard.

* Fourth: I couldn't care less about the new brawn. And that stuff about his partner? Overused cop-tv trope.  

* This He is obviously a name in CBS, and hence he is credited at the end along with Gibson. I wonder how credits will be looking after the new and not so new additions. Think about it: most original characters are gone by now, and as much as I hate (well, HATE) Garcia's character nowadays, I could always use a little less of JJ and I wish for the moments when Gubler doesn't act as Gubler but SSA Reid, it is sad that any addition is always taking more attention from the writers, and placed in a higher importance position. 

former CM.jpg

• Love 6
19 hours ago, MCatry said:

Well, I finally sat and saw this episode. And then I came back here to read your comments.

Since there are several comments that positively cover every point, I will only weight in on a few things: 

* First, I still hate the dressing code. Formal for the brains, t-shirts for the brawns, worn out jeans for grandpa Rossi who still can't accept he should be chasing ducks somewhere else, and eternally loud Garcia.

* Incongruences in the script; nothing new on CM, but I read an article about the Kick incident a few days ago, and what I remember is that Gibson said to Williams something like 'a line didn't make sense with the previous lines he had already said', but the writer said the line would stay as it was written, because he needed it that way. After that, Gibson said he came back to the group of cast mates, and a few moments later the kick incident happened. Nevertheless, what I'm trying to state is that maybe even if you notice a mistake with your previous background story, if you are an actor it may not be your call to change what the writer wrote. So, maybe they all notice, but they play along because that's their job.

* Third: I didn't like it much, but it wasn't terrible. It was just standard.

* Fourth: I couldn't care less about the new brawn. And that stuff about his partner? Overused cop-tv trope.  

* This He is obviously a name in CBS, and hence he is credited at the end along with Gibson. I wonder how credits will be looking after the new and not so new additions. Think about it: most original characters are gone by now, and as much as I hate (well, HATE) Garcia's character nowadays, I could always use a little less of JJ and I wish for the moments when Gubler doesn't act as Gubler but SSA Reid, it is sad that any addition is always taking more attention from the writers, and placed in a higher importance position. 

former CM.jpg

Excellent! I love this. And the explanation of Garcia seriously made me giggle.

• Love 1