Type keyword(s) to search

Total Bellas - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Seems like Brie and Artem spend a lot of time hanging out together for lunches or whatever.  Not suggesting any wrongdoing, they're going to be family apparently.

Brie looked totally lost when Bryan burst into tears during their spiritual healing thing.  I'm a little confused about why living a simple life is such a big deal to him.  I mean, I can see it being desirable, but you're going to get that upset because you bought a 3000 square foot house?

• Love 3
17 hours ago, rmontro said:

Seems like Brie and Artem spend a lot of time hanging out together for lunches or whatever.  Not suggesting any wrongdoing, they're going to be family apparently.

Brie looked totally lost when Bryan burst into tears during their spiritual healing thing.  I'm a little confused about why living a simple life is such a big deal to him.  I mean, I can see it being desirable, but you're going to get that upset because you bought a 3000 square foot house?

I think Bryan’s upset that they bought a 3000 square foot house and Brie only wants the one child. Earlier this season during an argument he asked why they needed such a big house if they were only going to have one kid.  

• Love 2

Just watched the Vision Board episode, and the Bella Twins are a frigging trainwreck, honestly. I am generally of the opinion that this show and Total Divas is largely scripted, but I don't think Artem and Bryan are actors and they both look legitimately hurt, embarrassed, frustrated and angry during the show. I had a hard time watching.

Nikki, Artem clearly is not the go-getter you want him to be. That doesn't mean he's a mooch, or lazy, that means he doesn't desire fame the way you do and he doesn't need to immediately go all in on every half baked idea that comes into his head. When he starts asking you for money, then you can bitch at him (privately) about needing goals. I don't see these two lasting much longer, they are not compatible and the pending parenthood is going to put an end to this honeymoon period sooner rather than later. Brie and Kathy have made enough subtle references on the show to pretty much convince me Nikki was more after a fling than a long term relationship with Artem and things have evolved and they are both going to end up making each other unhappy. Nothing is wrong with either of them, they are just too very different people who should have been using birth control.

As for Brie "I love business" Bella- hahahahahahaha. Brie, you don't know shit about business. You love attention. You love promotional work where you are the center of attention. You like to network- where, again, you are the center of attention. You are dumb and ill suited for anything that requires multi tasking or employing any sort of finesse.

That said, I did feel slightly sorry for her. While I do think she enjoys motherhood, I don't think she's necessarily suited to be the primary caregiver for long periods of time. I would bet she has been struggling being home alone with Birdie, and probably looked at the trip to LA as "her time" to drink and shop and lounge around with Nikki and the WWE ladies, and instead Bryan and Birdie tag along, and are probably majorly cramping her style. The problem is, there is no way to tell Bryan that she really wanted time away from her responsibilities at home without him taking it personally and shaming her for not wanting to spend time with him while he was there, and putting her "work" before Birdie.

Because Brie is so dumb and insecure, it would be very easy for any partner to walk all over her and make her feel like she is in the wrong, even when she's not. Bryan is controlling and extremely opinionated. While I am not accusing him of any kind of abuse, I do think he takes advantage of Brie's extreme fear of confrontation and her lack of trust in her own opinions to basically get his way all the time.

• Love 3

Episode 10:

"The Proposal"

Nicole, Brie and the Bella family head to France, where Artem has a major surprise in store for Nicole's birthday; the Bella family meets Artem's family for the first time; Brie and Bryan learn some shocking news about their future.

Airs June 4, 2020.

• Love 2

Nicole didn’t seem that thrilled when Artem proposed.  This is my first season of watching this show so I don’t really have too much insight into her personality.  Was she too drunk, in shock, or thinking “oh shit he dIdn’t” - because to me, kissing your boyfriend on the cheek right after he proposed is really really unusual to me.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Nicole didn’t seem that thrilled when Artem proposed.  This is my first season of watching this show so I don’t really have too much insight into her personality.  Was she too drunk, in shock, or thinking “oh shit he dIdn’t” - because to me, kissing your boyfriend on the cheek right after he proposed is really really unusual to me.

I didn't notice that, but it is a bit odd.  Nikki had been saying all along she wanted to marry Artem somewhere down the line, but not now.  Her family, the people who knew her best, were thinking there was a decent chance she was going to say no.  She even told him "Artem, no!" when she realized what he was doing.  But when he actually popped the question, she did say yes without much hesitation.

Maybe she knew she would be doing some serious harm to the relationship if she turned him down, and I don't think she wanted that.  When Cena proposed, she said yes, but later called it off.  If I didn't know they were still engaged, I would have been concerned about something similar happening here.  Nikki and Artem don't seem to have the fundamental problems that she and Cena had though.

• Love 5

Episode 11:

"Babies on Board"

Nicole and Brie's dual pregnancies bring changes for the whole family; Nicole and Artem plan a gender reveal party, but Brie and Bryan disagree on whether or not to find out the gender of their baby; Nicole deals with her commitment issues.

Airs June 11, 2020.

• Love 2
(edited)

Bryan I hate to break it to you. Nikki and Brie are ,wait for it.............TWINS! So of course Brie is excited to participate in a gender reveal with her twin sister.  Bryan always feels the need to control the narrative, no matter what it is. Instead of later having a private discussion with his wife about her changing her mind, he decided to shut her down in front of Nikki and Artem. Then tried to gaslight Nikki with his little statement "I feel like Nikki has more influence over Brie than I do." Newsflash Bryan,  you don't own Brie. 

Nikki's fear of commitment most likely comes from her parents  relationship. It's like she doesn't believe that she deserves anything good and will self sabotage once she realizes that she's happy.  Don't get me wrong her relationship with Cena was toxic. She always had to make sacrifices so that he could be happy.  Then once she chose her own happiness people tried to guilt her into staying with him. She and Artem seem truly happy and I wish them the best.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 7

I watched WWE for a about three or four years in the late 90's to early 2000's. Total Divas and Total Bellas were my introductions to the Bella Twins. I didn't like watching them and stopped because I did not like John. He was just really weird with Nikki and weird in general, but I don't even have to go into that. 

When John left, I started Total Bellas again, and started liking it. Before the season, I saw the preview for the fight between Artem and Nikki (I like drama, lol) and saw in the news that the twins were pregnant together, so I decided to give it another try. I truly am in love with Nikki and Artem. Artem is just a dream. I hope Nikki has finally gotten over her commitment issues. I was annoyed that they came up again in the finale. But I wish them a bright future. I hope they go the distance. It doesn't bother me if anyone hates N and A together, or trashes them, it doesn't bother me. I just love them. 

And Brie annoyed me so much when she didn't hug Nikki and tell her congratulations on the news of her pregnancy. I wonder if Kathy and JJ will let Nikki invite her father to the wedding? I don't care too much for him, but the twins seem to want him in their lives, so that's their choice. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, spunky said:

Bryan I hate to break it to you. Nikki and Brie are ,wait for it.............TWINS! So of course Brie is excited to participate in a gender reveal with her twin sister.  Bryan always feels the need to control the narrative, no matter what it is.

Bryan seems to be very strongly opinionated.  You would think that the decision whether or not to learn the gender of the baby or to have a gender reveal would be a mutual decision, but instead it seems to be Bryan says we're not doing it, end of discussion.

On the other hand, Brie wanted to know the gender and Bryan didn't.  If they can't reach an argument, I guess the only fair approach is what they did:  Brie looked up the gender of the baby, Bryan didn't.  They can't really have the gender reveal without Bryan knowing the gender.

9 hours ago, spunky said:

Nikki's fear of commitment most likely comes from her parents parents relationship. 

That seems pretty clear.  One thing I don't like about Nikki is the expression she gets on her face when she gets caught in her commitment waffling.  Like when Artem said "Why didn't you pick up the ring?".  She sits there with this smug little grin, and the look appears to say "Oops, you caught me not caring about you, and I find it so amusing that I can't help but smile, and I'm trying not to laugh".  Maybe that's unfair, but that's what it looks like.

1 hour ago, ItsObvious said:

And Brie annoyed me so much when she didn't hug Nikki and tell her congratulations on the news of her pregnancy.

You would certainly think Brie would be overjoyed for her sister.  Maybe Brie was worried about Nikki's commitment issues and that's why she wasn't happy.  But I think more likely she thinks motherhood should be her thing, and that's the one thing she can hold up and say she's doing better than Nikki.

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Bryan seems to be very strongly opinionated.  You would think that the decision whether or not to learn the gender of the baby or to have a gender reveal would be a mutual decision, but instead it seems to be Bryan says we're not doing it, end of discussion.

On the other hand, Brie wanted to know the gender and Bryan didn't.  If they can't reach an argument, I guess the only fair approach is what they did:  Brie looked up the gender of the baby, Bryan didn't.  They can't really have the gender reveal without Bryan knowing the gender.

That seems pretty clear.  One thing I don't like about Nikki is the expression she gets on her face when she gets caught in her commitment waffling.  Like when Artem said "Why didn't you pick up the ring?".  She sits there with this smug little grin, and the look appears to say "Oops, you caught me not caring about you, and I find it so amusing that I can't help but smile, and I'm trying not to laugh".  Maybe that's unfair, but that's what it looks like.

You would certainly think Brie would be overjoyed for her sister.  Maybe Brie was worried about Nikki's commitment issues and that's why she wasn't happy.  But I think more likely she thinks motherhood should be her thing, and that's the one thing she can hold up and say she's doing better than Nikki.

Interesting take on NIKKI, I’ve never paid much attention to her facial expressions. It could be that she thinks smiling will stop Artem from becoming upset with her 💁🏾‍♀️. Bryan is so overbearing at times.

Just watched the Bella twin fight. I am sure the Sedona trip will be shown as "resolving" Brie and Bryan's marital issues, but I am highly skeptical that this is truly resolved in real time.

Brie is absolutely over Bryan, I think. He bores her. On top of that he's controlling and bossy and condescending to her. I don't think she's remotely interested in a date night with him, much less a vacation. I mean, I think she's happy enough to offload her kid on her mom for an evening or a short trip, but not to spend one on one time with Bryan. But I bet she'll stick it out for the long haul, not only because of the new baby, but Brie is also emotionally lazy and likes the path of least resistance, which up until now has resulted in Bryan always getting his way. Now she's worked up to using any excuse to avoid him. And I think that is resulting in Bryan trying even harder to control her. Control freaks don't like not being the one to call the shots.

• Love 6
On 6/12/2020 at 4:48 PM, rmontro said:

It might truly be a little bit of the former, but I definitely think it's also the latter. Brie has used being a mom as an excuse every time she half asses something and Nikki has to pick up the slack. Now Nikki is going to be a mom too, and Brie's excuses for laziness are going to seem extra flimsy. I am sure though Brie will find a way to work in that she has two kids instead of just one, like Nikki.

• Love 4

The gender reveal thing with Brian annoyed me. Like it’s not much of a surprise it’s 50-50 on what’s going to come out lol. It’d prob be neat as a twin to have a gender reveal party together.

Brian can be a dick but I think there is a good side to him. I feel like I remember on total divas Nikki was single and he always made her feel included with him and Brie. Maybe I’m misremembering or it’s all fake who knows lol. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/15/2020 at 1:56 PM, Tatum said:

Just watched the Bella twin fight. I am sure the Sedona trip will be shown as "resolving" Brie and Bryan's marital issues, but I am highly skeptical that this is truly resolved in real time.

Brie is absolutely over Bryan, I think. He bores her. On top of that he's controlling and bossy and condescending to her. I don't think she's remotely interested in a date night with him, much less a vacation. I mean, I think she's happy enough to offload her kid on her mom for an evening or a short trip, but not to spend one on one time with Bryan. But I bet she'll stick it out for the long haul, not only because of the new baby, but Brie is also emotionally lazy and likes the path of least resistance, which up until now has resulted in Bryan always getting his way. Now she's worked up to using any excuse to avoid him. And I think that is resulting in Bryan trying even harder to control her. Control freaks don't like not being the one to call the shots.

Oh my God, yes! Get out of my head because that's exactly what it is. I've been trying to find the words to describe what I think Brie's feelings towards Bryan are and you summed it up perfectly. He bores her. And how could he not? He is no fun. He is a wet blanket. He is so self-righteous and plain selfish that he cannot see that his behaviour infringes upon Brie's ability to fully be herself. Brie is only slightly less materialistic and vain than Nikki is. The only difference between the two of them is that Nikki is nakedly ambitious and self-centered, while Brie lacks the drive and ambition that Nikki has.

Sometimes I wonder if Brie's unhappiness is why she encouraged Nikki to stay in that relationship with John. Just like Bryan, John is also selfish and controlling. I wonder if Brie subconsciously wanted Nikki to be as unhappy in her relationship as Brie is with Bryan. I do think at some point Brie will eventually leave Bryan and I think it will be sooner than later. I would be very surprised if they are still married five years from now.

The Bellas are coming up on a milestone birthday in just a few short years and I wouldn't be surprised if Brie is starting to look at her life and what she wants for the next chapter and I doubt very much she wants to be with sourpuss controlling Bryan. She might not know that yet on a conscious level, but she can’t push away those feelings forever. Although I prefer Nikki between the two of them, I think Brie is harmless enough and I wish her the best. I hope one day she can free herself from that boring and controlling relationship and find someone who is better suited for the kind of life that she wants which is one of a worldly materialistic environmental hippie. I don't know how that works, but I think in Brie's world it does!

Edited by LeilaniKai
  • Love 5
On 6/18/2020 at 1:37 PM, LeilaniKai said:

He is so self-righteous and plain selfish...

I thought he was particularly ass-y on the latest episode I watched, which was where Brie wanted Nikki to install a pool fence. While Brie was presumptuous, at least she and Nikki are family, and are probably used to crushing each other's boundaries. Bryan piping up, um don't you want to protect Birdie? on the phone in that condescending voice was obnoxious. Protecting Birdie is your job, Einstein, along with your room temperature level IQ wife's job. Your childless sister in law does not owe it to anyone to make her house toddler proof.

I hope the egg/embryo thing was scripted, because if not, Artem sucks. He was way too controlling over what Nikki did for a boyfriend of one year who was recently told by his girlfriend that she wants to take things more slowly. I am glad Nikki stood up for herself, but I feel like she offered to let him move in as a consolation prize. I just don't think Nikki is that into Artem. I think she wants to be into him, because he's a nice guy and obviously he loves her, but even when she talks about him it's like she's trying to convince herself she loves him.

I did love Brie telling Artem her own rock is 1.9 carats but that's probably not going to be enough for Nikki. 1.9 carats seems like an awfully big diamond to me, but I know I am much more understated than Nikki.

• Love 2
On 6/18/2020 at 2:37 PM, LeilaniKai said:

Sometimes I wonder if Brie's unhappiness is why she encouraged Nikki to stay in that relationship with John. Just like Bryan, John is also selfish and controlling. I wonder if Brie subconsciously wanted Nikki to be as unhappy in her relationship as Brie is with Bryan. I do think at some point Brie will eventually leave Bryan and I think it will be sooner than later. I would be very surprised if they are still married five 

This is not how I remembered it but granted I don’t watch regularly.  I remember Nikki stating she would be okay with not having children with John because she really loved him and he was enough or some BS like that.  Brie kept reminding her that she’s always wanted to be a mother and was she really willing to give that up.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Tatum said:

I hope the egg/embryo thing was scripted, because if not, Artem sucks. He was way too controlling over what Nikki did for a boyfriend of one year who was recently told by his girlfriend that she wants to take things more slowly.

I agree Artem need not have had input on Nikki's embryo decision, but to be fair to him, Nikki sends a lot of mixed signals.  But mixed signals are a signal in themselves.

As for Bryan, technically he is part of the family as Brie's husband.  But yeah, twins are much more up in each others business as a matter of course.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, rmontro said:

I agree Artem need not have had input on Nikki's embryo decision, but to be fair to him, Nikki sends a lot of mixed signals.  But mixed signals are a signal in themselves.

She does, but I still found Artem disingenuous when he said he’d hoped Nikki would discuss it with him before coming to a decision. Why, Artem? It’s 100% her decision and her mind was made up. For her to go through the motions of discussing it with Artem when she already knows what she’s going to do is actually way more insulting than how she handled it. His beef is really that he’s all in in a relationship with a woman who’s clearly still hedging. And that totally sucks, and I feel sorry for him, but that is why a lot of people shy away from starting relationships with someone who just got out of a nearly decade long relationship.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

His beef is really that he’s all in in a relationship with a woman who’s clearly still hedging. 

I get the impression Artem is an old fashioned type, which is why he was upset about the embryos.  However, Nikki does not appear to be that type.  I would be hesitant to get so closely involved with her, because there always seems to be another side of the coin with her.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, rmontro said:

I get the impression Artem is an old fashioned type, which is why he was upset about the embryos.  However, Nikki does not appear to be that type.  I would be hesitant to get so closely involved with her, because there always seems to be another side of the coin with her.

See, I didn't think he was disturbed by the procedure itself, only that despite being told the process had a higher success rate with frozen embryos (fertilized eggs), vs just frozen eggs (unfertilized), Nikki wanted to go ahead with the frozen eggs, eliminating the need for sperm right now. Which, considering they are unmarried, and dating for just a year, makes total sense, but Artem is looking at this as proof that Nikki is contemplating, and somewhat planning, a future without him. I think Artem is insecure in their relationship, so incidents like this hit him harder than it normally would.

I feel sorry for him somewhat, but I also think that he should be paying attention to the differences in Nikki's actions and her words. He's old enough to know better. He feels insecure for a very good reason.

• Love 5

I find it hard to warm up to Bryan, for all the reasons you guys said, and because he's very condescending to Nicole, always needling her. Bryan is just ugh. 

And while I still like Artem and Nicole together, she told him several times that she wasn't ready for marriage since they'd not been together for a year. But he took it upon himself to get Nicole in France in front of his parents and ask her to marry him anyway. He knew there's no way she'd say no in front of his parents. That brings him down a bit in my eyes.

• Love 3

Yeah, I cringed throughout the whole Paris episode. I am just not buying that Nikki is that into him anymore. I think she wants to be into him, and she really appreciates how much he obviously loves her and will do anything to make her happy, plus she wants to be married and have kids, but I think at the end of the day they are very incompatible, plus Nikki is getting restless.

Also laughed at Nikki's mention of Brie's "sacrifice" being away from her family. Brie loves being on vacation without her family!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Tatum said:

I think she wants to be into him, and she really appreciates how much he obviously loves her and will do anything to make her happy, plus she wants to be married and have kids, but I think at the end of the day they are very incompatible,

Now that you mention it, Artem would probably be more compatible with Brie.  Brie seems to be a little more malleable than Nikki, who seems more set in her ways.

• Love 1
On 6/16/2020 at 1:03 AM, Marley said:

The gender reveal thing with Brian annoyed me. Like it’s not much of a surprise it’s 50-50 on what’s going to come out lol. It’d prob be neat as a twin to have a gender reveal party together.

Brian can be a dick but I think there is a good side to him. I feel like I remember on total divas Nikki was single and he always made her feel included with him and Brie. Maybe I’m misremembering or it’s all fake who knows lol. 

There was an episode of Total Divas where Nikki got upset because Bryan was always ribbing on her non-stop and taking it too far. Nikki said that it hurt her feelings. He said he loved her because she was family but he didn't like her. Also on Total Bellas season 1, Nikki and Bryan got into a fight because he said she wasn't humble. He considered John to be humble (even though IMO, John only cares about material things). At least Brie stood up for her that time, and John checked him.

Different topic, but I went and listened to a lot of the Bellas Podcasts, and I see trouble for Nikki and Artem, even though I want them to last, especially with their baby. Nikki has described that their engagement has turned into a 15-year marriage because Artem isn't as affectionate with her as he used to be. She said she has to practically beg him for kisses, and that he used to move her hair out of her eyes when she woke up, but doesn't do that anymore.

She said on the Podcast and on a show on E! called Celebrity Call Center that Artem doesn't want to have sex with her as much while she's pregnant, and she has to beg him for it. She said that Artem doesn't tell her she's beautiful and sexy while she's pregnant. She said since Artem doesn't have sex with her, she wakes up at 3 a.m. every night to masturbate. She says he doesn't acknowledge her as much. And she dedicated a big segment of a recent podcast to expectations, and that she had to lower hers, because she had all these expectations (from things her friends told her) that Artem would find her super sexy when she was pregnant and want to have sex all the time, that he would do nice things for her, rub her feet every night, and he didn't for the most part. 

She also said he wasn't interested in having oral sex with her because she didn't shave for a while while she was pregnant, because it was hard for her to reach. Nikki overshares a lot. lol I feel like that is going to be one of their downfalls. I feel like I know too much about them now. I didn't want to know this much about their problems and challenges. She doesn't know when to draw the line to stop sharing. And I've noticed myself that Artem doesn't smile as much on their Insta Stories as he did last year. I see problems in their relationship. I love Nikki and I want her to have her own happy family, but I think they are kind of doomed. lol Artem seemed enamored and infatuated with her last year and a bit earlier this year, asked her to marry him only 10 or 11 months into their relationship, was eager for her to get pregnant, but it seems to have changed big time. I'm looking forward to the next season of Total Bellas to see how their relationship is now that it's out of the honeymoon stage. 

Sorry for the long post. 

Edited by ItsObvious
wanted to add more
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ItsObvious said:

Nikki overshares a lot.

That's for sure.  I kept thinking through all of that "Wow, too much information".  

Nikki sounds like she expects some sort of fantasy marriage, and when she doesn't get it she'll probably bail.  

• Love 5
On 8/10/2020 at 7:01 PM, ItsObvious said:

Different topic, but I went and listened to a lot of the Bellas Podcasts, and I see trouble for Nikki and Artem, even though I want them to last, especially with their baby. Nikki has described that their engagement has turned into a 15-year marriage because Artem isn't as affectionate with her as he used to be. She said she has to practically beg him for kisses, and that he used to move her hair out of her eyes when she woke up, but doesn't do that anymore.

She said on the Podcast and on a show on E! called Celebrity Call Center that Artem doesn't want to have sex with her as much while she's pregnant, and she has to beg him for it...

Wow. She is just completely classless.

This seems to be a long term plan to get out of her engagement without looking like a bitch...she's laying the seeds of Artem not being a very good partner because she probably realizes she came off rather poorly with him this season. That, or she's hurt by him and too chickenshit to have a direct conversation, so she's passive aggressively confronting him via podcast. Or hell, maybe she's just trying to get him to break up with her.

Nikki is immature and lacking any kind of class, but this is partly Artem's fault as well. He is the one that rushed this and they are both idiots for not using birth control.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Tatum said:

This seems to be a long term plan to get out of her engagement without looking like a bitch.

Well, she might be half successful.  Who the heck slams their fiance like that?  They should still be in the honeymoon phase.  How many red flags does a guy like Artem need? 

I suppose if someone wants to look for excuses, you might say her commitment phobia is causing her to self sabotage her relationship.  Could also be pregnancy hormones, but I just don't think she's that into him.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Well, she might be half successful.  Who the heck slams their fiance like that?  They should still be in the honeymoon phase.  How many red flags does a guy like Artem need?

Agreed. At this point I am starting to judge Artem for staying with her. It's one thing to be "real" about your situation, it's another thing to ramble on about private things that make your partner look like an asshole publicly. If Nikki wanted to say in very general terms that pregnancy has interfered with her sex life or romantic life, that's one thing, but some things really should be kept private. She either has reached the point where she pretty much despises Artem, or she's just so desperate to remain relevant she'll try and monetize any facet of her life and who cares who gets thrown under the bus.

ETA: for all her good points (and she does have them) a major fault of Nikki's that I have noticed is she is not great about taking responsibility for her actions. When she's called out for something, she usually tries to shift the blame to whoever is mad at her. Whether it's being disrespectful to Artem and flirting with other guys right in front of him, making a mess at Brie's house, instigating drama with the WWE girls and then bitching about the fallout, or even inadvertently hurting her brother's feelings and making him feel left out, she always gets really huffy and tries to turn it around on whoever is confronting her. I can see pretty easily her becoming majorly resentful of Artem for pushing her into marriage, ignoring all the mixed signals she gave him along the way and her own inability to hold firm that she wasn't ready (and maybe never would be with him).

Edited by Tatum
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I can see pretty easily her becoming majorly resentful of Artem for pushing her into marriage, ignoring all the mixed signals she gave him along the way

Well, she did get pregnant, but I guess it's a little old fashioned of me to point that out.

• Love 3

Yikes that is way too much info from Nikki lol. She seems like she would be someone who is in need of constant compliments and affection. I think maybe she wanted a baby and just decided to have it with Artem cause she didn’t wanna wait any longer or do it alone. Who knows tho.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Marley said:

I think maybe she wanted a baby and just decided to have it with Artem cause she didn’t wanna wait any longer or do it alone. .

According to the show, it was a big surprise and shock.  So it appeared to be unplanned.  That could just be storyline for the show, however.

I don't for one minute believe either of them were trying to avoid getting pregnant. Nikki said during her medical appt that her primary method of birth control was the pull out method. Now, Husband and I have used that method for over 2 years now with 100% success (and we have two planned kids), but it's not a method I would use if I was desperate to not get pregnant. It is less reliable than other methods. Plus, ten bucks says there were times they didn't bother with this at all.

I think Nikki wanted to get pregnant by someone she trusted would be a decent co-parent. 

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Nikki said during her medical appt that her primary method of birth control was the pull out method.

That makes me wonder if Artem was less interested in faithfully following that method than she was.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, rmontro said:

That makes me wonder if Artem was less interested in faithfully following that method than she was.

I do think Artem can be pushy in subtle ways....but I don't know that he'd do that, without her permission. That would be pretty disrespectful.

Honestly, Nikki, for all her vapid comments, strikes me as someone who if she decidedly did not want to get pregnant, would not only be on her own method of birth control but also insist her partner wear a condom.

I have no way of knowing her mind, but honestly, based on her comments, I think she wanted to have a baby, and if she wasn't sure Artem was the one (I think early in her relationship she did, and then her interest waned), well, no guarantees she'd meet her soulmate even if they did break up and she probably worried she was getting too old to get pregnant on her own, or would be by the time she found someone. If I had to make a bet, I'd bet they both were just leaving it up to chance.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

I have no way of knowing her mind, but honestly, based on her comments, I think she wanted to have a baby, and if she wasn't sure Artem was the one (I think early in her relationship she did, and then her interest waned), well, no guarantees she'd meet her soulmate even if they did break up and she probably worried she was getting too old to get pregnant on her own, or would be by the time she found someone.

It was obviously on her mind, since he had her eggs frozen.  Nikki strikes me as the type of woman who wants a guy until she gets him, and then loses interest.  For several seasons she tried to convince John Cena to overcome his aversion to marriage.  When he finally decided to go all in and proposed to her, she was like "eh, nah".  

• Love 1

Yea I don’t think it was a shock at all. This show has a few fake SLs lol. At her age too you know how to not have a baby if you really don’t want one lol.

I do like the show still tho and I am kind of wondering what they named their kids.

• Love 1

I just read (TMZ) that Nikki listed her house for sale $2M (which is next door to Brie).  I don’t even know if she’s lived in it for a year or not but she custom designed it so I’m curious as to why she’s selling.  If Artem is going to be on dwts obviously he will be in LA, but he still has his home there and the show is only for 3 months.  So why not keep both unless they are planning on living in LA full time. 

Nikki definitely overshares and Artem is not comfortable with it.  I definitely think they rushed the engagement and baby but Nikki has always wanted to be a mom and Artem wanted a baby as well so I guess they just went for it.

19 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

I just read (TMZ) that Nikki listed her house for sale $2M (which is next door to Brie).  I don’t even know if she’s lived in it for a year or not but she custom designed it so I’m curious as to why she’s selling.  

Yeah, considering she custom designed it that seems a little strange.  Seems to confirm her impulsive nature, now she wants something then she doesn't.  Are you saying Artem got his job back with DWTS?

2 hours ago, rmontro said:

Yeah, considering she custom designed it that seems a little strange.  Seems to confirm her impulsive nature, now she wants something then she doesn't.  Are you saying Artem got his job back with DWTS?

I don’t think it’s confirmed but there is speculation that they are bringing an extra (not announced previously) pro on in the dwts media thread,

They tend to move a lot which I find so stressful and exhausting.  I guess it’s not as bad when you have money and can hire people.  I think when total divas started Brian and Brie lived in Phoenix.  Then I think they moved to Washington. Then they were in San Diego and now back to Phoenix.  I think this all happened during Birdie’s lifetime because she was born in Phoenix.  So she’s only 3 and  has lived Iin 4 different homes.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

They tend to move a lot which I find so stressful and exhausting.  I guess it’s not as bad when you have money and can hire people.

Good point.  The last time I moved it was a nightmare.  I'm a bit of a pack rat so I can't even count how many trips I made from my old house to the new one.  I'm sure if you pay someone to do it it's a lot less hassle.  You only have to deal with the stuff that they break, which can usually be replaced.  Plus they're probably used to moving around a lot on the road, so that probably helps.

You'd think Nikki would want to be near Brie though.  I know there's tension between them, but they are twins and you can tell they have a strong connection.

• Love 1

I don’t mind the names. I like Nikki’s better, but what the hell with dessert? Like why? lol that’s so weird. I could see desert maybe cause they are earthy or whatever but dessert? Lol so odd.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 3