Type keyword(s) to search

Total Bellas - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Huh, if so, that is super late to call off a wedding. Like, people would have already made travel plans to attend wedding. I mean, if it's not right, it should be called off, but that still sucks to get that close to the wedding date and then cancel.

At this point, I am somewhat skeptical that Cena and Nikki ever intended to actually get married. I wonder if the engagement itself was the publicity stunt, not calling it off.

On 4/23/2018 at 4:51 PM, Tatum said:

Huh, if so, that is super late to call off a wedding. Like, people would have already made travel plans to attend wedding. I mean, if it's not right, it should be called off, but that still sucks to get that close to the wedding date and then cancel.

At this point, I am somewhat skeptical that Cena and Nikki ever intended to actually get married. I wonder if the engagement itself was the publicity stunt, not calling it off.

Just read a People article that said May 5th was the planned wedding date.  Cinco de mayo wedding - wondering if that was a nod to her heritage or just coincidence.

So... It was all faked for the show? 

I mean she KNEW he did not want children and she KNEW he didn't want to get married again from the jump, So idk about these two. 

I mean look at the Real talk show host Jennie Mai, she was married to her husband for 10yrs and he knew she never ever wanted kid's biologically or adopted. So they separated and are divorcing and he is now expecting a baby. 

Baby Come Back!

• Love 1

Looks to me like a manipulative plot. He's never wanted kids for 15 years. Now suddenly they split, and he's all about that life? Child, please. Let the girl go and get married and have a ton of kids. Run, Nikki. In ten years, when you have 3 kids and he's miserable, he will blame you for forcing him into this. 

• Love 3

Season 3, Episode 1:

"Have You Cena?"

Brie decides that she wants to join her sister and John in San Diego, but Daniel is not interested in moving; Nikki and John have an honest conversation about major life decisions; the WWE clears Daniel to return to in-ring competition.

Airs May 20, 2018.

Nikki and Brie discuss Total Bellas:

On 4/23/2018 at 11:24 AM, DkNNy79 said:

Well, their sister in law Lauren is pregnant again.  Maybe being around her two nieces made Nikki realize how much she DOES want children and ultimately it wasn't something she could give up no matter how much she loved John.

She talks about kids/no kids in this short clip:

so we watched the engament and now we are seeing that they broke it off. the total bellas season is starting. i dont know i feel like its all pretty fake. they live in the wwe world were story lines are manufactured. i could see the break up and a get back together to coincide with this season. drive up the ratings and what not. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Ashlyc said:

so we watched the engament and now we are seeing that they broke it off. the total bellas season is starting. i dont know i feel like its all pretty fake

Yeah, the breakup news is all over the place, so it's difficult to discuss these episodes without considering them under that light.  Like you say, they are using the breakup to promote the series.  For what it's worth, I agree it is likely all fake or a publicity stunt, but this is a common thing when dealing with "reality" shows.  I usually just pretend that they're real when discussing them, even though we know most of them are not.  :)

Nice to see Cena loosening up some about his "house rules".  Makes you wonder if those were scripted too.

The whole Nikki/John relationship kind of bugs me though.  As does Brie's needling and meddling.  John said up front he didn't want to get married or have kids.  Nikki wanted to be with him anyway, and slowly over time convinced him (manipulated him?) into proposing.  That made her happy for what seemed like five minutes, now she's got the pouting face on and apparently wants to work on him now to give her some children.  And apparently this has worked because Cena has recently said publicly that he still wants to marry Nikki and give her children.  So either he has really come around to seeing what family life can offer, or she has just manipulated him right out of his shoes.

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:04 PM, Ashlyc said:

so we watched the engament and now we are seeing that they broke it off. the total bellas season is starting. i dont know i feel like its all pretty fake. they live in the wwe world were story lines are manufactured. i could see the break up and a get back together to coincide with this season. drive up the ratings and what not. 

To fake a broken engagement just to drive up ratings?  I don't know why but that seems like crossing a line to me.   I can see that from the Bellas but would John really play along with that?  What's next?  Someone has an incurable disease?  Nope, just kidding.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

To fake a broken engagement just to drive up ratings?  I don't know why but that seems like crossing a line to me.   I can see that from the Bellas but would John really play along with that?  What's next?  Someone has an incurable disease?  Nope, just kidding.

It's pro wrestling, there aren't too many lines that haven't been crossed.

As for your disease comment, I wouldn't watch Alaskan Bush People if I were you.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, rmontro said:

It's pro wrestling, there aren't too many lines that haven't been crossed.

As for your disease comment, I wouldn't watch Alaskan Bush People if I were you.

I mean when talking about Raw and Smackdown, yes everything is fair game.  But usually they don't go on like national talk shows and talk about it.  Wasn't Cena on the Today show talking about the breakup?

I guess this is the main reason I've really stopped watching reality shows.  Honestly the only episode of Total Bellas I've watched was to see Birdie's birth. 

• Love 1

I hope it’s not for publicity. I’ll keep watching the show. Divas is still pretty good but a lot of iffy storylines. Idk if someone doesn’t want kids up front in the beginning is it worth pushing it or morning on sooner? I’ve know people who have divorced over it when the person not wanting to claims they always made it clear. John cena seems nice and does so much great charity work, I can’t hate him.  But he usually seems to be playing a character he’s very stiff. Hopefully they are all genuinely happy. 

• Love 1

I haven't watched this show consistently, but, from what I have caught casually, it just seemed to me that John was not really into Nikki.  He says the right things at times and acts overly affectionate, but, then just bites with hurtful stuff.  I can't recall the episode, but, it was when he was discussing his Healthcare Power of attorney or Emergency Contact person, etc.  She was trying to discuss it and he cut her down like she was nobody, when in fact, she's his fiance.  I found it beyond cold and cruel.  Then, yesterday, a friend of mine was watching it and she commented on how John isn't very nice to Nikki.  Is this common or did we just catch isolated incidences of him being mean to her?  

When I've read about recent developments, I was relieved.  I hope the girl can find someone who really loves her and wants to share in her dreams for her life. 

• Love 4

Episode 2:

"What to Expect When You're Not Expecting"

Nikki is finally cleared to wrestle again; although Brie is eager to start training for their comeback, Nikki finds herself distracted with unexpected emotions and uncertainty about her future as Mrs. Cena.

Aired May 27, 2018.

1 hour ago, Christi said:

Well, reports say they are back together, and he is saying he wants to have kids now?

IIRC, John has always wanted kids IRL…he just wanted to be retired (or mostly retired) before having them.  He didn't want to miss out on their childhood by being on the road all the time.  So this is all storyline IMO.

3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Have Brie or her husband ever said why they named their daughter Birdie Joe?  

''But just how did they settle on Birdy Joe? “Joe, her middle name, is after my grandfather — his name was Joseph, and he meant the world to me,” Brie explained to the publication. “Birdy is because my husband and his whole family are ‘B’s. And he married me, a ‘B’ too, so his one request was that our kids have ‘B’ names. I didn’t realize how hard it was to find girl ‘B’ names, but we both came across Birdy and knew that was it!” Looks like the rest of their kids — if they choose to have more — will be B’s as well!''

Source

10 minutes ago, Landlord said:

''But just how did they settle on Birdy Joe? “Joe, her middle name, is after my grandfather — his name was Joseph, and he meant the world to me,” Brie explained to the publication. “Birdy is because my husband and his whole family are ‘B’s. And he married me, a ‘B’ too, so his one request was that our kids have ‘B’ names. I didn’t realize how hard it was to find girl ‘B’ names, but we both came across Birdy and knew that was it!” Looks like the rest of their kids — if they choose to have more — will be B’s as well!''

Source

Thanks for the info.  

I'm not convinced that she tried too hard to find girl B names. There are plenty, like Bailey, Brooke, Blair, Betheny, Brittney, Bridget, etc.  I get naming someone with a family name that you admire, but, to give a little girl a name like that, then put Joe on it.  It makes me question her foresight.  I'm pretty sensitive about names.  I think some parents do it without really considering the effect on the child later in life and they do it to be cute.  I feel bad for the kid. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Thanks for the info.  

I'm not convinced that she tried too hard to find girl B names. There are plenty, like Bailey, Brooke, Blair, Betheny, Brittney, Bridget, etc.  I get naming someone with a family name that you admire, but, to give a little girl a name like that, then put Joe on it.  It makes me question her foresight.  I'm pretty sensitive about names.  I think some parents do it without really considering the effect on the child later in life and they do it to be cute.  I feel bad for the kid. 

I still prefer Birdie over Branch, but what irks me is she named either her baby after her company or her company after her baby. It always bothered me. 

I fall into the category of people who'se name is highly questionable (furthermore that I was names (with the wrong spelling) after a woman whom my mother didn't even like a little bit...), and I admit I messed up. I gave my daughter a middle name that sounds (in English, I am French-speaking) exactly how my last name is pronounced in English. When I scold her, it's almost as if I'd say  McKenzie MacKenzie or Tyler Taylor... 

• Love 2

Episode 3:

"What Comes Up, Must Go Down"

Nikki leans on Brie, Bryan and the Bella family for their unconditional support following her breakup with fiancé John Cena, all while preparing for the Bella Twins' big return to the WWE 25th anniversary of "Monday Night Raw."

Airs June 3, 2018.

I know the WWE makes up storylines about friends hating each other and romantic issues and all that, but to fake something like this for a shot at a storyline on a cable reality show seems super pathetic. John's a millionaire getting closer and closer to mainstream acting and I don't see why he'd play along. I guess it could be as a favor to Nikki but that is just crazy to me.

• Love 2
On 5/28/2018 at 8:56 AM, Christi said:

Well, reports say they are back together, and he is saying he wants to have kids now?

huge eye roll. so obvious its for the show. they are terrible actors. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ashlyc said:

huge eye roll. so obvious its for the show. they are terrible actors. 

I hope it's not real.  My goodness.  It's painful.  I don't really like this people, but, wish them the best. 

• Love 2

Episode 4:

"The Bella Comeback"

The Bella Twins make their much-anticipated WWE return in the first Women's Royal Rumble Match, but when their training lacks that Bella Twin magic, the sisters wonder if they have what it takes.

Airs June 10, 2018.

It's basically lying about things that are supposed to be the most important to you, your fiance, marriage, family, children.....It's different than playing a character in a play or movie.  They are pretending that this was true and painful to them.  It's really disgusting, if it was fake. And if not.....Niki will regret it eventually.  That guy is not into her.  She'll see.  Unless, she is absolutely desperate for money, I have no idea why she thinks it's a good idea. 

• Love 5

Brie's impersonation of John Cena was hilarious, very reminiscent of The Miz's impression on Monday Night Raw a year or two back.

Now, the main issue.  I can see John Cena changing his mind on giving Nikki a baby - children are generally the main purpose for marriage in the first place - creating your own family.  I'd have been more impressed had he said "After thinking it over, I would also like to have children" than what he did say:  "I'm not happy without you, so I'm going to give you a child because you want one, and you won't marry me if I don't".

Even so, I can accept that, okay great, that's over.  Or is it?  Because in the previews apparently there is more trouble ahead.  More talk of calling off the wedding.  From what I can gather, it sounds like Nikki is now upset because John spends so much time away on his career.  I am about ready to bang my head on some walls here.  Cena should run as fast and far away from this woman as he possibly can.  From what I can see, he is the one doing all the compromising.  Nikki whines and cries because she wants to get married even though John doesn't want to.  John gives in.  Nikki whines and cries that the wedding isn't in Napa Valley, after telling John it was okay to get married in his hometown of West Newbury, Massachusetts.  John gives in.  Nikki whines and cries because she wants to be a mom, even though John has made it clear he doesn't want children.  John gives in.  With Brie whispering in Nikki's ear the whole time "It has to be about you sometimes, it can't always be about John".

Okay, Nikki wants to be a mom, she got what she wanted, crisis averted.  But now it sounds like she is going to whine and cry because John is too busy with his career.  At this point, sorry, it's the straw that broke the camel's back.  She wants John to give up his career?  I expect that John will once again fold like a house of cards, but at this point I'd say it's Nikki's turn to compromise.  You can't go into marriage with the idea that everything i/s going to be just like your dreams - it's not realistic to expect to never compromise.  Nikki's already gotten everything she's wanted and pushed for, for her to take it further now is just toxic.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, rmontro said:

Okay, Nikki wants to be a mom, she got what she wanted, crisis averted.  But now it sounds like she is going to whine and cry because John is too busy with his career.  At this point, sorry, it's the straw that broke the camel's back.  She wants John to give up his career?  I expect that John will once again fold like a house of cards, but at this point I'd say it's Nikki's turn to compromise.  You can't go into marriage with the idea that everything i/s going to be just like your dreams - it's not realistic to expect to never compromise.  Nikki's already gotten everything she's wanted and pushed for, for her to take it further now is just toxic.

So much this. I just created an account so I can reply. I’d quote your entire post if the formatting wasn’t so annoying.

The more I watch Total Bella’s (and the more I become annoyed with myself since it’s clearly just a storyline) the more I shake my head at how they try to ‘sell’ themselves as these strong, confident women. 

In Nikki’s talking head prior to the dinner she stated that “the old Nikki would do XYZ but now the new Nikki is a strong independent woman” was laughable. She still showed up in a Bratz-inspired getup, pursed her lips, and gave the doggy eyes. Girl’s infantile tactics haven’t changed. 

Then her speech during the sunset, le sigh. You tagged along to John’s fame and you are the least communicative person. So even if your feelings have changed, you expect him or others to read your mind. But you haven’t lead him on. Yeah right. 

I give the Bella Twins credit for capitalizing on every opportunity possible (wines, fashion, upcoming fitness/workout, etc) but damn they do not come across as the ‘strong independent women’ they want to portray in these storylines.

But kudos to the very few, or none at all, storylines of Brother Bella. 

• Love 7
On 6/5/2018 at 1:29 PM, Tatum said:

I know the WWE makes up storylines about friends hating each other and romantic issues and all that, but to fake something like this for a shot at a storyline on a cable reality show seems super pathetic. John's a millionaire getting closer and closer to mainstream acting and I don't see why he'd play along. I guess it could be as a favor to Nikki but that is just crazy to me.

I haven't watched a whole lot of episodes of the Total Divas or even all of the Total Bellas,, but this season John seems more vocal and just more present.  I've been wondering if he's using this storyline to practice his acting chops.  Why else go through all this if it's truly a fake storyline?  It's embarrassing to watch, and I can't even bring myself to watch it anymore.  I realize I shouldn't expect a lot from a 'reality' show, but damn.

• Love 2
On 6/15/2018 at 7:15 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Niki will regret it eventually.  That guy is not into her.  She'll see.  Unless, she is absolutely desperate for money, I have no idea why she thinks it's a good idea. 

I'm not sure how long they've been dating, but they mentioned on the last episode that they've only been able to spend something like 30 days together.  I don't remember if that's just in the last year or all together or what, but it makes you wonder how well they know each other for the level of commitment they have.

On 6/20/2018 at 1:57 PM, KLJ said:

I've been wondering if he's using this storyline to practice his acting chops.  

It's the strange story of John Cena.  He's pretty energetic in the ring when he delivers a promo and has a crowd to play off of.  And he's pursuing a mainstream acting career.  But on Total Bellas, he appears to be one of the most wooden people I've ever seen.

• Love 3

Episode 6:

"Once Again the Future Mrs. Cena"

With Nikki and John Cena reunited, the wedding is back on; Nikki gets pushed to her limits as her family starts intervening on who should walk her down the aisle; Brie and Bryan's attempts to have a romantic date turn into total disasters.

Airs June 24, 2018.

On 6/24/2018 at 6:55 PM, Christi said:

I stopped dvring this show...its so obviously faked for a storyline.   I know reality shows have plots etc...but this just absurd?

Same here. As well as un-following their social media and unsubscribing from Birdie Bee. I’m not trying to compete with your comment but I feel the same way. This episode drove me to unsubscribe from all.

Brie has annoyed me from almost the get go of Total Divas, but I adored Nikki, Kathy and Johnny. But I proverbially can’t anymore with Nikki. How many seasons of Total Something have we seen her chase John and submit to his rules, etc. Then we see her ‘stand up for herself’ to require children out of their relationship. He agrees. Thennnnnnn she doesn’t knowwwww if she wants to be “John Cena’s finance,” get married or whatever else the storyline requires. And based on the previous episode they will call off the wedding again? 

le sigh.

But, guys she’s a strong, independent women.

What’s that Margaret Thatcher quote? “Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.” Nikki, if you have to tell everyone that you are a strong, independent woman constantly then you probably aren’t. 

If I need a recap, I’ll read it online somewhere other than E!

(But I will still snark here, though hopefully in shorter posts.)

• Love 1
10 hours ago, WarmSkull said:

Brie has annoyed me from almost the get go of Total Divas, but I adored Nikki, Kathy and Johnny. But I proverbially can’t anymore with Nikki.

Damn, it sounds like I'm going to be the only one left here still watching lol  :(

I actually find Brie relatively likable (relative to Nikki anyway).  I was impressed that Bryan was so polite to the fans who wanted some of his time even though he obviously wasn't in the mood.  I respect that.

Nikki though, wow what a hot mess.  Her statement "Sometimes I think my wedding is about everyone but me" after she had manipulated everything into being exactly as she wanted it is very telling.  And she's STILL not satisfied!  This is the definition of high maintenance here.  Then there's her statement that everyone should have therapy, like having an oil change for your car.  If she's so "independent" why does she need a therapist?  It appeared that her sessions simply consisted of her bragging to her therapist about her career achievements.

Although I thought her plan to walk herself down the aisle was a nifty way to get out of her dilemna, it just further enforces the level of narcissism she is displaying.

I said earlier Cena needs to run in the other direction, but I noticed there's a post in one of the other sub forums here saying that Nikki needs to run from Cena.  Maybe it has to do with what gender perspective you had, or maybe they would both be bad mating choices, I don't know, but wow you could not pay me enough to put up with Nikki.  Life's too short.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, rmontro said:

Nikki though, wow what a hot mess.  Her statement "Sometimes I think my wedding is about everyone but me" after she had manipulated everything into being exactly as she wanted it is very telling.  And she's STILL not satisfied!  This is the definition of high maintenance here.  Then there's her statement that everyone should have therapy, like having an oil change for your car.  If she's so "independent" why does she need a therapist?  It appeared that her sessions simply consisted of her bragging to her therapist about her career achievements.

You hit the nail on the head.

That oil change comparison had me laughing. I understood the concept but no way she came up with that comparison herself. Either her therapist told her this (assuming she sees a therapist for real) to put her at ease when attending sessions or our script writer forgot what “voice” they had to write.

She’s better off likening therapy to when John buys her a Rolex and after 5-7 years he sends it out for maintenance (/snark). Or say something simple like “therapy is great because you talk about whatever is bothering you and can get everything off your chest.” That’s more her style. 

Also side note: it’s interesting that Kylie had a therapy session for her show and now Nikki has a similar storyline. (Disclaimer: Not that I watched Kylie but I stalk the Kardashian boards here. )

And I like how Nikki said she and her dad had an “on and off relationship.” Those were the exact same words she and Brie said in their separate talking heads on Total Bella’s/Divas (when their dad’s significant other was having a child). I initially found it weird that one Bella said it in her talking head and then the second Bella said the exact same thing in her talking head. Copy from one script and paste into the second script.

Then I heard it again this past episode; copy from last season and paste into this season. I expect a “dumb down” for the audience to sinplify matters (nor do I expect them to use big words) but I also expected the Bellas to use slightly different phrases/description if they are giving their perspective or discussing it again on a new season. 

• Love 2

I don’t know...I like Nikki - she tries way too hard to look sexy and I think she wants to believe that she is strong and independent more than she actually is.  In general I like Brie too, though I do find myself annoyed more than once by her. The problem with them is the entire friggin Bella family. They are entirely too enmeshed. Like damn, why are they so involved and invested in something stupid like walking someone down the aisle. And if I had to hear Brie in her talking head about that one more time I was going to explode. It is not your wedding- she is allowed to do what she wants. I swear, she hates when Nikki does it to her but then she turns around and does it right back.

If I never have to see JJ again it will be too soon. I have never liked that jerk. 

Maybe I like Nikki because I sympathize with her. I wanted to be a mother so much and damn if I didn’t experience the same loss of self during my wedding. Everyone called me “Bride” I thought I would explode, so I get it. She has the extra problem of John Cena who is so damned huge, she is completely overshadowed by him.

She needs to give it all up and just elope with Dolph Ziggler...

• Love 4
10 hours ago, WarmSkull said:

And I like how Nikki said she and her dad had an “on and off relationship.” Those were the exact same words she and Brie said in their separate talking heads on Total Bella’s/Divas (when their dad’s significant other was having a child). I initially found it weird that one Bella said it in her talking head and then the second Bella said the exact same thing in her talking head. Copy from one script and paste into the second script.

No one is going to argue that the show isn't scripted.  But I don't think it's unusual for twins to use the same phrase when talking about something.  Even friends in the same social circles do this.  I'm sure they've talked about their father a lot, and some twins are so close they invent their own language.

8 hours ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

Maybe I like Nikki because I sympathize with her. I wanted to be a mother so much and damn if I didn’t experience the same loss of self during my wedding. Everyone called me “Bride”

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be a mother.  But she got with Cena under the pretense of being okay with not being a mother.  She knew she wanted to be a mother, but she was willing to forgo that in order to be with him.  People will change their mind, but it still amounts to a bait and switch.

When it comes to weddings, I think a lot of men feel like the groom is an interchangeable part like the napkins or the wedding cake.  Weddings mostly center around the bride so that's probably why you don't hear a lot of sympathy from men about women losing their identity.  If Cena wasn't such a big star she probably wouldn't feel so overshadowed, but she wanted to bag the big celebrity so you have to take what comes with that.  Besides, Nikki's pretty well known in her own right IMO.

The only time Brie bugs me is when she tries to stick her nose too far into Nikki's business (as you noted), or when she encourages Nikki's narcissistic ways.  Like telling Nikki she deserves to think about herself when that's pretty much all she's done in the first place.  In real life people have to compromise.

• Love 5

So catching up on a few episodes out of boredom and I can't believe how easily Nikki accepted John back. He literally called giving her a child a 'sacrifice' and said that his decision is because he doesn't want to lose Nikki. Will be lovely for their future child to see footage of his/her father acknowledging their existence as a sacrifice that was done solely to marry their mother and nothing more. It's very likely having a child will bring about a different kind of attitude for John but in the moment, I find it telling of Nikki that she so quickly jumped back into his arms the moment he told her what she wanted to hear regardless of how unromantic and begrudgingly it came across. Tells me that Nikki isn't as strong and independent as she thinks because his attitude of giving her a child was no different than her sacrificing not having one earlier in their relationship. All I take from this is that Nikki foolishly gambled 6 years of her life being with a man who, from the get go, made it publicly and privately known that he didn't want any of the things that she so dearly wanted for herself. A have yet to hear about or see a relationship survive the long term between two people who fundamentally wanted different things out of their relationship. I guess I just can't understand how someone can be the man or woman of your dreams when you don't even share the same vision of what life together means. 

• Love 8

Episode 7:

"Save the Date 3"

While John Cena is out of town for media events, Brie steps in as a substitute fiancé to help an overwhelmed Nikki plan the wedding of her dreams; Bryan is shocked when Brie spends $30,000 on a piece of art behind his back.

Airs July 8, 2018.

• Love 1
(edited)

So, their engagement is not back on and from the sound of Niki, she is over this guy. (She says they are now friends.)  Listen at the end when she talks about having put so much into their relationship and getting not much back.  She sounds over it to me.  I suppose that she's hanging on for the public view so she can keep the tv show going, because, that's her only income now, right? She can't wrestle anymore due to her injury, right?  I'm glad she sees it for what it is and is not being fooled by John. Good for her.  She definitely sounds like she KNOWS marrying him would be a huge mistake. 

https://people.com/tv/nikki-bella-john-cena-just-friends/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, their engagement is not back on and from the sound of Niki, she is over this guy. (She says they are now friends.)  Listen at the end when she talks about having put so much into their relationship and getting not much back.  She sounds over it to me.  I suppose that she's hanging on for the public view so she can keep the tv show going, because, that's her only income now, right? She can't wrestle anymore due to her injury, right?  I'm glad she sees it for what it is and is not being fooled by John. Good for her.  She definitely sounds like she KNOWS marrying him would be a huge mistake. 

https://people.com/tv/nikki-bella-john-cena-just-friends/

The Bellas have their own clothing brand and wine, so I don't think they're hurting for money. 

3 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

The Bellas have their own clothing brand and wine, so I don't think they're hurting for money. 

So, will those lines continue if they are not on a reality tv show? I'm just asking, because, I don't know much about them.  Her BIL still works in the industry, right? But, hasn't Brie retired?  Maybe, their history will keep them relevant, but, I would think a reality show would help with sales. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bella_Twins

10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, will those lines continue if they are not on a reality tv show? I'm just asking, because, I don't know much about them.  Her BIL still works in the industry, right? But, hasn't Brie retired?  Maybe, their history will keep them relevant, but, I would think a reality show would help with sales. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bella_Twins

They seem to have a pretty decent media presence on twitter/instagram and they also have their own youtube channel.

I think their lines are doing well based on what they've posted but I'm not sure what their actual sales numbers are.  While I think having a reality show helps, I think they can be successful without if their products are good.  I think they know their wrestling days are numbered thus all the "side gigs."

I think Brie is basically retired.  I think she hints about wanting to go back into the ring for drama effect, but I don't see if happening.  I think her and Bryan want to have another child within a year or so, so I don't see her going back into the ring.

On 7/4/2018 at 12:38 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm glad she sees it for what it is and is not being fooled by John. Good for her.

I am no fan of John Cena, but I don't see why he is being cast as the villain here.  How is she being "fooled"?  He said from the start he didn't want to get married or have kids, and she knew that going into it.  And when that started to cause problems, HE is the one who changed his stance FOR her.  So maybe he wasn't doing it for the best of reasons, trying to hang on to her.  But she's the one who keeps moving the goalposts, not him.  

Her wishy-washy, on again/off again, should I/shouldn't I? attitude is a perfect example of why Cena was hesitant to get married again in the first place.  If he's looking for loyalty, he's not finding it in Nikki.

• Love 3