Type keyword(s) to search

Total Bellas - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I thought the whole bit about the suspicion of Nikki cheating on John came off as pretty contrived (staged).  

I was impressed with Daniel Bryan on the labor simulator though, he took it so well.  His meditative background probably helped him there.  I had expected them to play it for cheap comedy (like they did on Impractical Jokers when they put Q on the labor simulator).  But Brie talking about how now she would be expected to take it that calmly was kind of amusing.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, rmontro said:

I thought the whole bit about the suspicion of Nikki cheating on John came off as pretty contrived (staged).  

I was impressed with Daniel Bryan on the labor simulator though, he took it so well.  His meditative background probably helped him there.  I had expected them to play it for cheap comedy (like they did on Impractical Jokers when they put Q on the labor simulator).  But Brie talking about how now she would be expected to take it that calmly was kind of amusing.

Their mom clearly never thought she was cheating. She was trying to flush out actual truth through dramatics. She said as much when they brought it to her.

• Love 3

I loved the second half of the show and laughed so hard at the stimulation birth scene.   I wish they'd drop the fake JJ/Lauren story but overall I found these past two episodes much more enjoyable than the entire last season.

I think Nikki and John are cute. There I said it lol.

Bryan being all up for labour simulation cracked me up. Is it actually truly simulating labour? Hmm.

JJ's fake marriage storyline is annoying. Him and Nikka joking together is entertaining. Did he need a fake storyline.

• Love 1

Way too much JJ this season. I seriously can't stand him. Why was he ditching his wife and sick baby to go on vacation again? I laughed at Bryan totally no-selling labor.

I find John and Nikki hard to watch. I just don't like them as a couple. Nikki gushes and gushes over him and he's just so robotic (I know this is likely him just being very camera savvy and protecting his image) but I have a hard time clicking with them. 

• Love 2

With John Cena busy on the road, Nikki starts to miss her dog, Winston, and tries to get him back from Brie and Bryan, causing a custody battle; a frustrated Brie uninvites Bryan from their baby shower; JJ agrees to work on his broken marriage.

On 9/15/2017 at 4:07 PM, The Ascension said:

I find John and Nikki hard to watch. I just don't like them as a couple. Nikki gushes and gushes over him and he's just so robotic (I know this is likely him just being very camera savvy and protecting his image) but I have a hard time clicking with them. 

A lot of women prefer their men to be kind of unemotional in a "strength in a storm" kind of way.  

Cena comes across like such a stuffed shirt though, with his house rules and such.  Seems like he has very definite ideas on what "proper behavior" is and wants to impose that on everyone around him.  He gives the impression he could be very hard to be around, although to his credit I believe he has admitted that.

Man, I had to hear a whole storyline about a damn dog? I know I'm in the minority with the world but I don't give a fuck about pets. I don't like animals and never want them around me. Especially dogs. I don't want harm to come to them or anything, just keep them away from me. So, any time I have hear about pets or watch someone drool over them, it's like nails on a chalkboard.

And Bryan with how he relates to money is exhausting. I get where he's coming from but come on man. Just let it go sometimes.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

And Bryan with how he relates to money is exhausting. I get where he's coming from but come on man. Just let it go sometimes.

I like animals, but I thought this episode was kind of dull.  There wasn't a lot going on that drew me in.

Regarding Bryan and his money issues, vegan issues, etc:  What is it with the pro wrestlers on this show?  They seem so full of themselves with their ideas about what is and isn't appropriate behavior.  Cena with his house rules and fancy dress codes, Bryan with his self righteous philosophical leanings.  You used the right word:  Exhausting.  That must be how it feels to be around them.  And I say that as a big Daniel Bryan fan.

• Love 2

Here's what puzzled me.   Did they return the $400 baby monitor to the person who got it for them?  If I had bought the present and had it returned to me, I'd be miffed.   It is kind of belittling.   

I did love that Brie wanted to throw Nikki the party.  My sisters wanted to do something like that for me a couple of years back and I had the same reaction as Nikki.   Understand that that they were trying to be nice but nope.

31 minutes ago, rmontro said:

I like animals, but I thought this episode was kind of dull.  There wasn't a lot going on that drew me in.

Regarding Bryan and his money issues, vegan issues, etc:  What is it with the pro wrestlers on this show?  They seem so full of themselves with their ideas about what is and isn't appropriate behavior.  Cena with his house rules and fancy dress codes, Bryan with his self righteous philosophical leanings.  You used the right word:  Exhausting.  That must be how it feels to be around them.  And I say that as a big Daniel Bryan fan.

I would say most wrestlers are nor  like these two. They are just the male wrestlers we see the most. On total divas none of the others except maybe Natalya's husband acts like this. Thankfully. I think both of them are ruled by issues in their past. Bryan with being poor as a kid (More poor than your average I think) and him having to scrape money to live for so long before joining the wwe. With Cena, I think after his marriage fell apart, he grew more interested in having control over his life. He's also constantly traveling so I guess when it's his time or in his house he wants things to be perfect to his desires. I think I understand them but it's still annoying to watch and probably to deal with.

11 hours ago, LBS said:

I did love that Brie wanted to throw Nikki the party.  My sisters wanted to do something like that for me a couple of years back and I had the same reaction as Nikki.   Understand that that they were trying to be nice but nope.

You say you like that Brie wanted to throw Nikki the party, but your comments make me think you actually sided with Nikki.  I definitely sided with Nikki.  It sounded like Brie was throwing everything that she had (but Nikki couldn't have) in Nikki's face by wanting to throw her that party, whether she intended it that way or not.

11 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I would say most wrestlers are nor  like these two. They are just the male wrestlers we see the most. On total divas none of the others except maybe Natalya's husband acts like this. Thankfully. I think both of them are ruled by issues in their past. Bryan with being poor as a kid (More poor than your average I think) and him having to scrape money to live for so long before joining the wwe. With Cena, I think after his marriage fell apart, he grew more interested in having control over his life. He's also constantly traveling so I guess when it's his time or in his house he wants things to be perfect to his desires. I think I understand them but it's still annoying to watch and probably to deal with.

I certainly didn't mean to imply that all pro wrestlers are like that lol.  I was just referring to these two pro wrestlers on this show.  A lot of what Bryan is trying to do sounds admirable, and it's good that he wants the child to have his values in the right place, and to be thrifty and all.  It's just let's not be a jackass about it, ya know?

And Cena works hard, so he deserves to have things as he like.  I completely understand his disappointment with his previous marriage falling apart.  But I mean if I were invited to his house, I would have to buy a new wardrobe just to attend dinner.  It's great that he has achieved success and wants to enjoy it, but I'm not sure it's fair to impose his standards on everyone else around him.  He comes off as kinda snooty.

• Love 1

@rmontro I totally butchered that statement!  I meant that I loved that Brie wanted to throw Nikki the party because I get what she intended because my sisters almost did the same thing so it was amusing to me to see it played out but I know how Nikki felt.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, rmontro said:

You say you like that Brie wanted to throw Nikki the party, but your comments make me think you actually sided with Nikki.  I definitely sided with Nikki.  It sounded like Brie was throwing everything that she had (but Nikki couldn't have) in Nikki's face by wanting to throw her that party, whether she intended it that way or not.

I certainly didn't mean to imply that all pro wrestlers are like that lol.  I was just referring to these two pro wrestlers on this show.  A lot of what Bryan is trying to do sounds admirable, and it's good that he wants the child to have his values in the right place, and to be thrifty and all.  It's just let's not be a jackass about it, ya know?

And Cena works hard, so he deserves to have things as he like.  I completely understand his disappointment with his previous marriage falling apart.  But I mean if I were invited to his house, I would have to buy a new wardrobe just to attend dinner.  It's great that he has achieved success and wants to enjoy it, but I'm not sure it's fair to impose his standards on everyone else around him.  He comes off as kinda snooty.

I agree on both points. I think they are right to live the way they want to live but I also feel like they try to impose their views or lifestyle on others around them too much.

• Love 1

Bryan and the baby monitor is annoying. I know many moms who say they didn't use a baby monitor, but I know many who use it devoutly. It's not as if Brie asked for a changing table that levitated. A baby monitor is reasonable for new parents to ask for.

Brie also frustrates me because she's just, hmm how to phrase, so bad with communicating. The party idea as Brie originally presented it had nice intentions - Nikki was always throwing Brie parties and Brie wanted to return the favor - but JJ, of course, totally muddled that message and then Brie explained it so poorly to Nikki. I got where both of them were coming from there.

Last season we saw JJ's career struggles so are they putting him more on this show to give him something to do and give him some income? I legitimately can't stand him.

• Love 2

I just realized this show was back on. I don't know if Lauren and JJ are acting- Lauren's face at the airport looked legitimately hurt and angry, and JJ's mom and Brie looked sincerely uncomfortable. It's hard to imagine people faking marital troubles, especially with a young child, just for a TV storyline, but if anyone would do it I guess it would be JJ.

Brie is such a basic bitch. Everything she does- her maternity casting, maternity photo shoot, baby shower games- it's just so generic. And she is way too obsessed with her social media. She must just live for the validation of being told how cool she is by her instagram followers. 

Nikki looks different to me too, and I can't figure out why. Both women wear pretty heavy makeup so maybe Nikki just changed something with her contouring and now her face looks a little different. I think Brie is just bloated from her pregnancy and her face is much fuller.

• Love 1
On 9/21/2017 at 0:07 PM, Racj82 said:

With Cena, I think after his marriage fell apart, he grew more interested in having control over his life. He's also constantly traveling so I guess when it's his time or in his house he wants things to be perfect to his desires. I think I understand them but it's still annoying to watch and probably to deal with.

Yeah, sometimes I think John Cena is kidding around with his house rules, but then I remember in an earlier season he did not want Nikki to cook for him because he didn't trust her to do an adequate cleaning job after she was done (something about how she spilled like, a teaspoon of water on the floor and didn't immediately drop down and wipe it up, and John was worried the water would warp the floor). I also remember him complaining that Nikki used the wrong laundry basket and put in her dirty work out clothes in with dirty non work out clothes, and John did not want them to mix, even though they were all getting washed.

John would have a heart attack if he lived with me. It's a good thing he's rich and childless.

• Love 4
On 9/23/2017 at 1:58 PM, OnceSane said:

Nikki finally gets a tag team match with John Cena; a major legal discussion throws the family through a loop; Kathy's surprisingly active sex life leaves her kids scratching their heads.

Oh dear god. What won't this family exploit for storylines on a cable reality show?

• Love 2

I don't know how Nikki puts up with John Cena.  Refusing to tell her who his power of attorney is seems a little over the top, even for him.  I know he has his own viewpoint on it, but he should be open to other opinions also.  I wonder if he will still refuse to tell her once they're married?

Considering how Cena has gone on the record about not wanting children, I have to agree with Daniel and Brie's decision to have someone else be Birdie's legal guardian.  It will be interesting to see if that changes.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, rmontro said:

I don't know how Nikki puts up with John Cena.  Refusing to tell her who his power of attorney is seems a little over the top, even for him.  I know he has his own viewpoint on it, but he should be open to other opinions also.  I wonder if he will still refuse to tell her once they're married?

Considering how Cena has gone on the record about not wanting children, I have to agree with Daniel and Brie's decision to have someone else be Birdie's legal guardian.  It will be interesting to see if that changes.

He keeps her in Louis Vuitton and other designer shoes/goods, plus didn't he buy her the condo in LA?  Not that Nikki is poor, but she does seem to like the finer things in life and John provides that for her.

Yes.  I also agree with Daniel and Brie's decision for someone else to be Birdie's legal guardian.  Because at this time Nikki and John aren't engaged yet.  At this time they knew that John never wanted to get married again and never wanted kids. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Money.  Lots and lots of money.  Specifically the millions John makes each year from the WWE.

I was thinking she was into him because of his celebrity.  Nikki and Brie picked up the two biggest stars the WWE had.  But you make a good point on the millions.

I was going to say surely the Bellas aren't hurting for money, but they look like they spend a ton, lol.

• Love 1

The family travels to wine country to support the launch of the new Bella wine, and Bryan disapproves of Brie tasting the wine while pregnant; JJ's silly pranks wind up severely injuring Nikki; Kathy has a major meltdown in front of the family.

On 9/28/2017 at 10:36 PM, rmontro said:

I was thinking she was into him because of his celebrity.  Nikki and Brie picked up the two biggest stars the WWE had.  But you make a good point on the millions.

I was going to say surely the Bellas aren't hurting for money, but they look like they spend a ton, lol.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the WWE salaries were/are for the Bellas. If you google Nikki Bella net worth the estimate is $2 million, but who knows on the accuracy of that. I am sure Nikki makes enough to get by, but beachfront condos, sports cars, designer clothing and accessories, and dining out three meals a day at 5 star restaurants does add up. Plus, they all need to fund their own health insurance and retirement plans. Nikki could probably buy her own condo and her own car, and maybe swing the occasional Chanel bag on her own, but she definitely lives a lot higher on the hog with him than she would on her own.

But it could be his celebrity as well as his money. He seems to be making the transition to legit movies (the kind that actually make it to movie theaters) vs. just crappy direct to video action movies and their ten million sequels.

Is John Cena a jerk in real life? He definitely seems controlling, but I've never gotten the vibe he's an asshole. He does a lot of charity work for kids, jokes around in his somber way (remember the date night with Nikki where he wore that skintight body suit to race cars at some arcade?)- I don't think he seems like a bad guy. It's not unfathomable to me that she would like him for him, and not just his money or celebrity.

• Love 2
On 10/3/2017 at 10:58 AM, Tatum said:

Is John Cena a jerk in real life? He definitely seems controlling, but I've never gotten the vibe he's an asshole. He does a lot of charity work for kids, jokes around in his somber way (remember the date night with Nikki where he wore that skintight body suit to race cars at some arcade?)- I don't think he seems like a bad guy. It's not unfathomable to me that she would like him for him, and not just his money or celebrity.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a woman being attracted to a successful man, so if she was drawn in partly by his money and celebrity, I don't see that as a terrible thing.  I don't know how much the Bellas make in WWE, but I was kind of thinking they had other sources of income as well.  I know they had done some modeling and they talk about their business pursuits.  Maybe I'm overestimating their income though, because like you say, a $2 million net worth will not take you that far when you see the kind of lifestyle they appear to be leading on TV at least.

As for Cena, no I don't think he's a bad guy either, quite the opposite.  I've seen him go out of his way at shows to acknowledge service men and the charity kids.  I think he holds the record for granting the most Make-a-Wish requests.  I have no doubt he is a better man than I will ever be.  I've just said what he has said himself - that it looks like he could be a hard person to be around sometimes.   What with all his house rules and such.  He reminds me kind of like a fussy aunt who has covers on all the furniture that you're never supposed to sit on lol.

• Love 1

I thought this was a fairly fun episode.  I loved the look on John Laurenitis' face every time the fart machine went off during dinner.    JJ would get tiresome quick though.

Daniel Bryan looked like he must be the best stepson ever, the way he was sticking up for Kathy, and getting choked up while doing it.  He also appreciated her rapping, which was absolutely horrible, although I will give her points for enthusiasm.  It was interesting when she was talking about feeling pressure to look good around her daughters.  I have to say that she does a great job of that, she looks fantastic for her age, or even regardless of her age.

The other thing that interested me was that they showed a woman who described as a "personal cook".  One thing I've always thought about the rich and famous, that it would be a lot easier to eat tasty, healthy meals if you had someone on hire to do all the work of getting the ingredients and making the meals.  That way you could free your mind and time to do other things, like working out for example.  I've heard it said that it is a lot easier to follow a healthy diet when you don't have to think about food at all.  Just show up and eat.

• Love 2
On 9/25/2017 at 3:29 PM, Tatum said:

Nikki looks different to me too, and I can't figure out why. Both women wear pretty heavy makeup so maybe Nikki just changed something with her contouring and now her face looks a little different. I think Brie is just bloated from her pregnancy and her face is much fuller.

Nikki looks the same to me, obviously Brie's face is fuller.  One thing I've always noticed about the Bellas is that when Brie is heavily made up, she looks a lot more like Nikki.

• Love 3

Rumors about John Cena proposing to her at WrestleMania prompt Nikki to get back in the ring no matter what the cost; Brie and Bryan realize they are just weeks away from giving birth and need to get things in order.

In what may be her last WrestleMania, Nikki goes against doctor's orders and gets surprised by John Cena; Brie and Bryan anxiously await the birth of their daughter, but when things don't go according to plan, they need to make an emergency decision.

I could see why people do home birth, but after hearing everyone's arguments, it does make Brie sound selfish for not wanting to have the baby at the hospital.  It seems to be unquestionably the safest route if something goes wrong.  Would you want your child to suffer a lifelong disability (or worse) just because you wanted a home birth?

It's good to see the cast watches Game of Thrones.  This isn't the first time they've used the "Shame!  Shame!" chant.

It really sounds like Nikki is going to have to hang up the wrestling boots.  I had heard rumors of Brie wanted to join Nikki at some point for an in ring return of the Bella Twins, but from what the doctor said, that might be too dangerous for Nikki.

I admit that I shed a couple of tears during the engagement. And I really liked the scenes backstage after the proposal. I feel like it was the most genuine that Nicki and John have been since TD/TB started. 

• Love 2

I totally teared up during the engagement I couldn’t help it. They seemed so happy backstage too. I don’t know why I mean I know a lot of it is fake but I just like this show and everyone involved. 

I thought it was awesome how supportive Nikki was in the delivery room too.  I forgot her real name was Stephanie tho. 

Maybe something is up with my hormones lol but I thought the whole episode was just great 

• Love 2

I watched the proposal during Wrestlemania and teared up then.   Didn't think the waterworks would turn on again watching it again but I was wrong.    I think it was just the pure joy coming from them both.   They both looked so natural,relaxed and genuinely in love with each other.    I also cried during the birth scene because it was beautiful and raw although I couldn't believe Bryan let it be filmed considering he values his privacy so much.

1 hour ago, Marley said:

Maybe something is up with my hormones lol but I thought the whole episode was just great 

100% agree.   

• Love 2
On 9/24/2017 at 4:45 PM, The Ascension said:

Bryan and the baby monitor is annoying. I know many moms who say they didn't use a baby monitor, but I know many who use it devoutly. It's not as if Brie asked for a changing table that levitated. A baby monitor is reasonable for new parents to ask for.

Brie also frustrates me because she's just, hmm how to phrase, so bad with communicating. The party idea as Brie originally presented it had nice intentions - Nikki was always throwing Brie parties and Brie wanted to return the favor - but JJ, of course, totally muddled that message and then Brie explained it so poorly to Nikki. I got where both of them were coming from there.

Last season we saw JJ's career struggles so are they putting him more on this show to give him something to do and give him some income? I legitimately can't stand him.

I finally watched this, we are cleaning out our DVR and realized we never finished the season because it's just so damn boring.

In my group of friends, we are all married with kids, except for one. This one has been the maid of honor for most of us, has thrown wedding showers, baby showers, has babysat, etc- and we felt like Brie, that we wanted to honor her in some way. We ended up getting her a spa gift card with a very high dollar amount in lieu of throwing her a party. It's a nice idea, wanting to honor your friend with a party, but it must be done pretty carefully. While JJ was way more blunt and negative about it than he needed to be, Brie did a horrendous job of damage control when confronted by Nikki. Well, you're not getting a baby shower or a wedding shower so we will throw you a replacement party instead? How about, hey Nikki, you've done so much for me, and you're such a wonderful person, I just wanted to throw a party in honor of your generosity. And maybe try to schedule it around her birthday or dating anniversary with John or something. But no, she has to throw in the fact of all the milestones Nikki won't be having.

I totally think Brie had good intentions of returning Nikki's kindness with a party. But I think part of her just can't resist getting her digs in about what Nikki is giving up that Brie already has.

I can't stand JJ either, but I kind of like Lauren. Although I don't really respect her for wanting this doofus around. She could do much better.

I can't decide who to side with on the Brie/Bryan registry debate. On the one hand, I think loading up your registry with super expensive items you'd never pay for with your own money is tacky. On the other hand, having a few big ticket items that groups can go in on together is fine. And a baby monitor is a totally worthwhile investment, especially for first time parents. Plus, when Bryan argues with Brie, he talks down to her like he's her dad or something. Brie is going to snap one of these days after constantly giving in to Bryan. She just does everything his way to avoid an argument and because she's pretty dim and the resentment is going to build over time.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Watermelon said:

Nah, I believe it. Why do a fake break up for publicity when you could just actually get married? 

Plot twist, they eloped last year after WM. Get ready for everything about an annulment!

Edited by Landlord
Because I'm a d-canoe that can't spell. Obviously.

This seems like an extreme measure in order to sell a fake storyline and given how Cena refers to his first marriage as such a traumatic experience, I think it would reflect poorly on him that he would be willingly commercialize his relationship to this extent just for some viewers or followers on social media.

What makes me curious is Nikki and John made no secret that he didn't believe in marriage nor did he want to be a father. Even on the red carpet of his recent movie, he seemed put off when Nikki was answering questions about why she thinks he'd made a great father. If you want marriage and children and you're with a man who wants neither, what other issues would need to be considered before you decide to break up? Nikki seemingly convinced herself that she didn't need any of the things she dreamed of for herself because she'd rather be with John. Maybe she got the ring on her finger but couldn't genuinely convince him about kids.

• Love 3

Maybe it is a publicity stunt, but I can't be sure.  People break up all the time, and it's pretty obvious there are some differences in the paths John and Nikki are hoping to go down.  And Cena is still super busy trying to get his acting career going.  If they did actually break up, I wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, I could see it going either way. I would hope no one would really fake a break up for a reality TV storyline, but Nattie pretended she was contemplating a divorce from TJ for a storyline, and I am pretty sure Brie and Nikki's brother made up the whole separation thing for a storyline as well, so I can't say for sure these people are above it.

That said, Cena seemed really stuck on not getting married, and definitely stuck on not having kids. Even though he was engaged, I could see him being quite unenthusiastic and resigned when discussing wedding plans which would probably be super hurtful to Nikki. A situation like that could breed a lot of resentment, with Cena feeling like he's already given in and doesn't need to be excited about it, and Nikki thinking if he's not excited about it, what's the point? So I could see it being a legitimate break up.

The wedding was only a couple weeks away I believe (sometime in May at least).

I hope it wasn't a publicity stunt because that's just in bad taste.  I hated how Nattie would always dramatize her and TJ's marriage.

Well, their sister in law Lauren is pregnant again.  Maybe being around her two nieces made Nikki realize how much she DOES want children and ultimately it wasn't something she could give up no matter how much she loved John.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Really? I thought it was supposed to be in fall 2018. Nikki said they changed the dates a couple times.

That's what I saw/heard, but who knows.  I know she had her bachelorette party in Paris a few weeks ago, that's why the May timeframe made sense to me.