Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother: Over The Top, Week 1 (09/28/2016 - 10/04/2016)

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, zibnchy said:

Are we allowed to talk about this yet? Because I looked at the cast pictures and I already hate them all. And I want to talk about it. (I'm sorry if this is not allowed yet.)

Sure.

ETA:  The Contestant threads are ready for you guys to use too.

Yippee! So, two of them are sisters? or cousins? I did not read the bios carefully because I was rolling my eyes so hard I actually may have hurt myself. Are others related? Please tell me there's no twin twist.

I'm just going to go out on limb and say that I'm 100% sure Cornbread is not going to win.

Scott, when asked to tell us something about himself chooses to share that "I sweat a lot". One of the women has a sweating disorder of some sort. Do I see a showmance forming?

I'm a little ashamed of myself for being here. (hangs head)

• Love 1

So there are seven women and five men. Add in Jason/Josea and you're still got more women than men. Not sure what that's all about.

Already see some I don't care for, but at this early stage I do like Neely and Cornbread.  Which means they're probably doomed.

29 minutes ago, LordBowen said:

So there are seven women and five men. Add in Jason/Josea and you're still got more women than men. Not sure what that's all about.

Already see some I don't care for, but at this early stage I do like Neely and Cornbread.  Which means they're probably doomed.

Well, if there really are ten weeks for this BBOTT season, and if there are no special evictions, then it makes sense as to why there are thirteen houseguests. It's definitely a bit odd, but I'm guessing they want to keep it simple as they test the waters here. 

15 hours ago, zibnchy said:

Yippee! So, two of them are sisters? or cousins? I did not read the bios carefully because I was rolling my eyes so hard I actually may have hurt myself. Are others related? Please tell me there's no twin twist.

Yeah, so I was about to reply last night and say that there aren't any siblings that I know of, but I'm glad I didn't. I learned that yeah, Alex and Morgan are sisters and they're keeping it under wraps unless it comes up on the first day. Then they'll admit it. Alex is the older sister, and at least they're not twins! But I'm dumb because apparently I didn't really look at Morgan's last name, which would have given me a huge hint there. 

But it doesn't fare well for me as I currently like Alex and I don't really like Morgan. But hey, I'm going to bet right here that my opinion will switch at some point. 

I can't believe I'm back for this shit. After I said I wouldn't return to Over The Top because I can't even pay for the CBS All Access or whatever it is since I'm Canadian. 

• Love 2

Well I, for one, am happy to be here because I want to forget all about last seasons HG's even quicker!  I haven't read Bios yet, but did just watch the intro videos.  Reading here and wow, I didn't realize those two were sisters at all, there were no giveaways to me, so color me shocked at the moment... ahem.

I usually jot a few things down for each HG, and thought I'd share.   Shelby - lawyer; deeper voice, funky laugh  Monte - there to compete (usual jock) but "won't rub it in"  (Heh, we will see)  Cornbread - hahahahaha  (a good ole'boy)   Danielle - Not afraid to get blood on her hands  (I'll be watchin' you!)  Alex - super fan; tough mudder    Neely - diva  Whitney - Southern super fan (obligatory annoying voice)  Morgan - cheerleader - says all girl won't work  Scott -  super fan (obligatory nerd)  Kryssie - "floating shark" , will leave a scar   Justin -  a cool creole 'cook'  Shane - Meh. Wants a showmance for sure.  (Kill.Me.Now)  

I kind of like Shelby and Justin.  And I think Cornbread will bring the funny.  

ETA:  Wow, I'm woefully behind I see.  I just wandered over to the media thread, so I guess I need to read these bios and interviews now and change my mind about everything.

Edited by LuvizBlind
  • Love 1

The Fun Facts section of the online bios is making me sad. Here are some "fun" facts about the HGs:

Monte: "I've been to Montana twice."

Shane: "I was almost a golf pro, but decided not to become one."

Whitney: "I know every word to every Shania Twain song."

Justin:  "I’m ready for whatever!"

I think I've made my point. These might be the most boring people alive. These HGs have no idea what fun is! Paulie was a Bat Mitzvah dancer. That's fun. Or it would have been if Paulie hadn't turned out to have the personality of a week old turd.

I'm hoping for some kind of interesting twist. The sisters twist is not interesting. I haven't yet really figured out how I'm going to watch this. I really really don't want to give CBS any money.

• Love 1

Question: I was rewatching the live feeds from this past season and now I can't do to the new show (Hanging head also but I love BB). Do you know if an how I can keep watching the live feeds of the past big brother? Thanks in advance.

13 hours ago, bbaddict said:

Question: I was rewatching the live feeds from this past season and now I can't do to the new show (Hanging head also but I love BB). Do you know if an how I can keep watching the live feeds of the past big brother? Thanks in advance.

I read online that if you install the BBViewer program on your PC/laptop (it doesn't work on an IPad/tablet) you can continue to watch the feeds of this past season.  You still need a valid CBS all access account.

Still can't decide if I should get All Access. I have never bought the feeds before-I just came here. I feel so coerced by CBS. Putting my addictive vice online only!  They just want me to get hooked on the feeds so that I buy them every season. Still... I've never missed a season...  Should I?  Decisions, decisions. 

(Never mind. I just caved and signed up for free trial. Ugh!!). 

Edited by Pixiebomb
Edited because I'm a sucker.
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, CindyBee said:

I read online that if you install the BBViewer program on your PC/laptop (it doesn't work on an IPad/tablet) you can continue to watch the feeds of this past season.  You still need a valid CBS all access account.

Does it say online how to install it and if so where do I find that information. Also, just asking but has anyone heard any news on James and Natalie? Read some tweets but other than that nothing really.

26 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

Does it say online how to install it and if so where do I find that information. Also, just asking but has anyone heard any news on James and Natalie? Read some tweets but other than that nothing really.

Just google "BBViewer" and you'll find information on it.  Its a program that a fan made up awhile ago to have another way to view/archive the feeds.

And the only "couple" from BB18 that I know is still together is Paulie & Zakiyah--he's in North Carolina right now with her. 

3 hours ago, CindyBee said:

And the only "couple" from BB18 that I know is still together is Paulie & Zakiyah--he's in North Carolina right now with her. 

Well, the season just ended a week ago. There hasn't really  been time for all Z's brothers and sisters to beat the shit out of Paulie. Perhaps they're waiting to film it knowing there are those of us who would pay to see that.

Here are the things I'm "excited" to learn tonight :

What will be the season catchphrase? What will join "Friendship" and that type thing as the words everyone must say often.

Who's jumping right into a showmance? Which of these crazy kids is going to embarrass his/her mommy first.

All kidding aside, I did read something about them "keeping HGs awake." That could be interesting.

• Love 1

Never had live feeds so this is my first time using all access. I thought the new show started at 10pm ET. How to I watch it? I'm on the main BB page and clueless.  

Never mind. I think I got it. ~sigh~ maybe...sorta

Edited by aurora296

It's started! I've got PTV on one laptop and Big Brother on the other.

Oh goodness, Whitney, accent thick as canned frosting!

Shane, he belongs on the cover of a Harlequin romance. Maybe he has an albino squirrel fan club. He has Malcolm and Joe hair. Let's see if he sports a manbun.

Neeley - not sure what to think. I wonder if she'll have all her wigs in the BB house. James would have a hay day with her wings.

Cornbread, good ol' country boy guy. OK. I wonder if he'll belly flop in that little pool. All the water will splash out.

Shelby looks like a miniature Jennifer Aniston, sort of. Yuck. Pepperdine Law in two years instead of three, just means she has more money to pay for the additional credits in one semester.

Justin seems nice. Maybe he'll cook for the crew. Not much you can do with Cheerios and Cheetos.

Kryssie looks a little like that lady on Criminal Minds (show after Survivor), maybe that's her fashion icon. She's a tough broad.

Another deep south boy. I bet he'll hook up with Shelby.

Here's our single mom, Danielle! And she plays football, too!

Scott probably will not lose his virginity in the BB house. Token nerd, Steven II. Maybe he sees himself as the Cochran of BB.

Alex, Miss Cutie Pie beanie-wearer. (Why is an ordinary winter hat called a beanie, anyway?) Oh she's one of the sisters.

Morgan looks familiar. Alex does, too. I wonder if they've been another reality show.

So Scott is here. This reminds me of a play where one character walks on stage and talks to himself.  He chose the bed next to the Tardis door, the UK room. This room looks different - I think it was the Tokyo room and now it looks more Chinese.  Why, here's Morgan! The kitchen is all spiffed up. Oh, Paul left some Friendship trips. How do they not know who won last season? I thought this was live. Or were they in sequester last week? Ha - bathroom looks the same.

I really like Scott and hope he stays a while.  He tried the door in the London room with the lion door knocker that I've always wondered about and counted plates to figure out how many house guests there were.  He is a super fan and it was cute watching him fan out.

Oh, here's Mr. Harlequin Romance cover. He's kind of like a bland Victor, not as buff. Shane. This seems really awkward so far. Like meeting your roommates in your dorm room, everyone's polite and checking each other out. Like being nice, but thinking underneath "what am I doing here? when can I escape and get back to my normal life?"  The refrigerator is empty except for water. Where is the food? Thirteen places around the table. They're counting - 16 mugshot spots on the wall, but only 13 places around the table. Actually I like seeing them walk around because I've always been confused by the layout. Now I'm realizing how small this place really is. I guess they can't go outside yet.

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

So far, my opnions on Scott, Morgan, Shane, and Neeley?

Scott's alright, Morgan's annoying, Shane's a bit bland, and Neeley's actually not bad.

Oh, the awkward first introductions. 

"Oh, it's so cuuute. I ain't mad, though. It's so cuuute."

Dear Shelby,

It's called a bra. You might wanna look into one, 'cause you just bounced into the house.

Thanks,
The viewers

ETA: Does anyone else hear Liz/Julia in Shelby's voice? Wasn't there a sister? Oh God no.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1

Finally the doorbell rings! It's Neeley! She's wearing her Amber wig. I haven't seen the safari room yet. I guess the little lounge area with Paul's tips on the wall must be the safari room. Guest #5, oh, it's Shelby. Actually she doesn't look that much like Jennifer Aniston, now she's reminding me more if Kaitlynn from the Bachelorette. At least she's livened things up a little.

35 minutes ago, LordBowen said:

Julie just said the viewers and only the viewers will decide the winner of BB-OTT. 

Dumb twist IMO.  One of the aspects of the game I like the best is the fact that contestants have to convince the people they voted out to reward them with the prize money. Leaving the winner of the game solely in the hands of America is boring and a huge cop-out to me. There's a good chance a schemer will end up losing to a bland but likeable houseguest. Hell, VICTOR won AFP this year even though he got himself evicted 3 times. 

• Love 2

I'm half listening to them and I keep muting and doing other things, so I'm missing most of their conversations.

Shelby needs to stop bouncing. Oh look, Cornbread. 

Just now, me5671 said:

Dumb twist IMO.  One of the aspects of the game I like the best is the fact that contestants have to convince the people they voted out to reward them with the prize money. Leaving the winner of the game solely in the hands of America is boring and a huge cop-out to me. There's a good chance a schemer will end up losing to a bland but likeable houseguest. Hell, VICTOR won AFP this year even though he got himself evicted 3 times. 

Well, it's not America so much as the Hardcore Live Feeders who will keep paying to watch. And the problem with this is definitely that each houseguest will play for "America" and not for themselves or the other houseguests, so it would be nice if they kept the twist a surprise until the finale. 

• Love 2

First week prediction: Cornbread (like, really?) will be first eliminated. Which is sad because I'm kinda rooting for Mr. Ridiculous Name in the first five minutes of meeting him.

Well, him and Neeley, because there's some epic faces coming from her. 

Yes, I hear Liz/Julia in Shelby's voice. Here's Cornbread! Cornbread needs to turn on his mike. Where's the omniscient voice to say, "Cornbread! Please turn on your microphone!" Funny how it's guys' room and girls' room. I wonder how soon that will change.