Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 09/26/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: Day of Hot Topics; a special edition of "View Your Deal" Oprah's favorite things with Adam Glassman. 

Tuesday: The Political View with Clinton's campaign manager Robby Mook; Common (new single, "Black America Again").

Wednesday: Kiefer Sutherland (ABC's "Designated Survivor"; album, "Down in a Hole")

Thursday: The Political View with Trump's campaign manager Kellyanne Conway; Lupita Nyong'o and David Oyelowo (Disney's "Queen of Katwe").

Friday: Hot Topics with Colin Jost and Michael Che ("Saturday Night Live"); Hayley Atwell (ABC's "Conviction").

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I wonder if she will show up this time ... or if they will acknowledge/explain why she didn't .... 

If Sunny is there, I hope she asks her about Conway LYING to Rachel Maddow and her response to Rachel calling her a LIAR that she is!

• Love 3

I'm enjoying this mix of 7. It keeps things fresh.

With CCB will gone filming for a few weeks it'll be interesting to see who replaces her in one of the everyday slots. Paula is the most logical choice.

I also wonder if theyll address Whoopis comments on Wendy Williams about this being her last season. 

• Love 1

I thought the segment with Sunny & Clay Aiken in Charlotte went well but it didn't go very "deep".

Last night on CNN they showed the video taken by the victim's wife in slow motion.  It clearly shows one of the cops pulled the gun out of his cargo pants & dropped it on the ground.  I wondered why it wasn't mentioned this morning on Hot Topics.

• Love 5

I’m over Sara completely now, with the way she tried to shade Sunny during the race discussion. If Sunny was too heated with you last week, it was because of your words. If you’re not intelligible enough to give your point without being confused, then maybe you shouldn’t be on a talk show? If anything, Paula would have more room to say something like that, considering the way Sunny rudely interrupted her on Friday (implying she was being racist).

But you have to give props to Jedi. She manipulated the discussion pretty easily by speaking first, by making the white people out to have it hardest because they feel uncomfortable.

• Love 9

I’m over Sara completely now, with the way she tried to shade Sunny during the race discussion. If Sunny was too heated with you last week, it was because of your words. If you’re not intelligible enough to give your point without being confused, then maybe you shouldn’t be on a talk show?

They just need to keep airhead Sara in the wind tunnel (or whatever they call that stupid thing) picking cards! 

I was only half listening when she said something about race issues at The View table and what they say when not on the air. What did she say?

Why didn't they talk about the released Charlotte police video? The segment with Sunny/Clay was almost a waste of time.

Okay I haven't watched today [and probably won't] but in the youtube posted above [thanks holly4755]  I totally cracked up at the "The View SPECIAL REPORT " in the corner complete with "serious news music."  Ha!  As if this show doesn't take itself too seriously as it is, now they are doing "Special Reports!"

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I’m over Sara completely now, with the way she tried to shade Sunny during the race discussion. If Sunny was too heated with you last week, it was because of your words. If you’re not intelligible enough to give your point without being confused, then maybe you shouldn’t be on a talk show? If anything, Paula would have more room to say something like that, considering the way Sunny rudely interrupted her on Friday (implying she was being racist).

But you have to give props to Jedi. She manipulated the discussion pretty easily by speaking first, by making the white people out to have it hardest because they feel uncomfortable.

See, I didn't Sunny rudely interrupting Paula, but a needed interruption, because what Sunny said was true: that the victim's background/past was totally irrelevant to what the cop did. And this is something the media does all the time, to somehow skew/justify why the cops had a "reasonable" reason for what they did. And then Paula had to back pedal, acknowledge that, and then asked his sister how she feels about the media doing that and changing the narrative.

22 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Please refresh me. What was the kerfuffle between Sunny and Sara last week that Sara alluded to today?

Oh, it was when Sara was trying to justify the cop killings by comparing their lack of training to hair stylists, whose training requirements were almost triple that of those that cops get.

And waa, waa, waa, Sara! What you said wasn't that you, like Chipmunk "just don't understaaaaand!" but what you said was, you "know" cops, and tried to justify that they had a reason for shooting, by blaming the victims for "amplifying" the situation, when that wasn't the case at ALL. He had his arms in the air. Yet stupid idiot cop still shot him, and her hubby in the air, called him a "bad dude" without even knowing him or who he was, and they were talking about it would be a good thing to take him down and out.

And now Sara is whining about the ladies at the table cutting her off and accusing her of being racist (which they did NOT. They let her ramble and complete here blue card statements and trying to justify lack of training and blaming the victims). So she can just STFU.

Not sure what someone mentioned upthread about Jediblala being the first to speak today and set the tone when it was Sunny who was speaking first; and she didn't say anything about how White people are "uncomfortable." She said that LAST week.

I'm so peeved right now, that I need to take a break before talking about the other stuff.

• Love 8

Shallow comment alert...

The thing that bugs me almost as much as Whoopi's ubiquitous scarf is Sunny's mohawk eyelashes.  It seems like they are much longer in the center of her eyelids; to the point of distraction.  She deserves better, View makeup crew!   Is this a new "thing," like multicolored yarn hair?

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, LoveIsJoy said:

Shallow comment alert...

The thing that bugs me almost as much as Whoopi's ubiquitous scarf is Sunny's mohawk eyelashes.  It seems like they are much longer in the center of her eyelids; to the point of distraction.  She deserves better, View makeup crew!   Is this a new "thing," like multicolored yarn hair?

If Sunny's are "mohawk," then Jediblabla's are HUGE CATERPILLARS!!!!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not sure what someone mentioned upthread about Jediblala being the first to speak today and set the tone when it was Sunny who was speaking first; and she didn't say anything about how White people are "uncomfortable." She said that LAST week.

I'm talking about the segment with Jedi and Clay. Jedi spoke first about how hard it is to know what to say without being crucified because she's white, yadda yadda, and it spiraled from there. If you're having a hard time understanding what I said, it's because I didn't quote her verbatim, I paraphrased her meaning. And it happened THIS morning.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 4

Ah, got it! Sorry about that, my dvr is acting wonky, the fast forward must not have stopped in time for me to hear that. So, just ignore my previous post. Though since Jediblabla keeps repeating herself and saying the same thing, I tend to zone out whenever she speaks.

Like when she or anyone else, keep saying they want to hear "policy," it tells me they haven't been paying attention--that Hillary has been talking policy, what she will do, how she will do it, and only started "engaging" in the "attack" right before she got sick with the "basket of deblorables." Saying how the Orange One is thin skinned and gets upset of any criticism and his response is to attack and denigrate via tweets, is not attacking when that's what he does.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Now I'm looking forward to seeing how well Kellyanne Conway can tap dance.  Or spin something from nothing.

2 hours ago, atomationage said:

Maybe Conway will come on snivelling like the petulant brat who never grew up did last night, her employer, and  an embarrassment to the whore-mongering name of Drumpf.  Can you guess which side I'm on?

Or just lie like the Drumpf & the rest of his "surrogates".

• Love 5

Now I'm looking forward to seeing how well Kellyanne Conway can tap dance.  Or spin something from nothing.

She'll do what she did on all the morning shows; talk about how DT connected with people and how Hillary seemed glib.  Only this time she'll be questioned by seasoned journalists Candace Creme Brulee and Raven-Symone.  :)

• Love 15

2 hours ago, atomationage said:

Maybe Conway will come on snivelling like the petulant brat who never grew up did last night, her employer, and  an embarrassment to the whore-mongering name of Drumpf.  Can you guess which side I'm on?

4 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Or just lie like the Drumpf & the rest of his "surrogates".

She will totally lie. As late as Sunday, she said that journalists shouldn't fact check to make certain what that orange lying liar who lies is...lying. Or that the moderators of the debates shouldn't have to "make" her candidate have to deal with, you know, facts. Sunny needs to be there to shut her ass down. And they should have video of her lying ass. And I betcha she'll proclaim that Drumpf "won" the debate last night, although from where I sat, cold sober, it was the reverse.

• Love 8

Jedistupid spent all morning trying to spin and spin, and nobody was biting. And when that didn’t work, she started screaming and hollering. She’s not very different from the candidate she loves and defends so much. Notice how she diverted completely when Joy brought up his misogyny (towards Rosie O’Donnell specifically). She is a snake. And why is she always writing something down? Is this the same as Jenny McCarthy’s glasses—a shallow attempt to appear credible and intelligent?

• Love 14

So, how much will my blood pressure increase if I watch today's clips?  If CCB is on, I don't want to watch.  I don't want to ruin Fuller House by having her political/quasi-religious nonsense be the first thing I think about when I see her.   Although last season, I kept hoping they'd kill DJ off so her kids could be raised by Aunt Stephanie.   Also, they're wasting John Brotherton on her.  At this point, I'd rather have him making out with Steve again than her. 

Here's a link to a lot of it.

Speaking of Stevie Wonder as Royalty - I'm going to see him in a couple weeks live at the tribute concert for His Royal Badass, Prince.

Da fuque?  Why is Jediblahblah questioning what countries the Clinton Foundation donated to?  I'd understand her asking about the Foundation accepting donations from Saudi Arabia and such because of their treatment of women (that's a normal GOP talking point).

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 6

Was that Whoopi?  It sure sounded like her big mouth but when I looked at the screen I saw one of the Seven Dwarfs [from Snow White] only full size.  Or at least his hat.

Grumpy.pngedited to add image

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 11
47 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

You're okay to watch @atomationage, no CCB but Jediblabla more than makes up for her!!!

I watched the little clip about Rosie O'D, and Jedi Bile nearly gave me a heart attack, and I already took my mini-aspirin, so I've got to be careful.  I had my Democratic cup of coffee this morning half decaf/half pumpkin spice with hazelnut creamers and two splendas. 

I just watched the Robbie Mook interview, which was excellent until JediBile spoke up.  She has to be a plant.  Someone must pay her by the word, besides whatever The View pays her.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, NextIteration said:

Da fuque?  Why is Jediblahblah questioning what countries the Clinton Foundation donated to?  I'd understand her asking about the Foundation accepting donations from Saudi Arabia and such because of their treatment of women (that's a normal GOP talking point).

And she said it twice, too.  She said the issue was what country the Clintons gave money TO and not (the real issue) which is what countries they took money FROM, as you said. Twice.

I am seriously wondering if Jedidufuss really understands the issue.  Could she possibly really not grasp that the controversy is about which (misogynist, homophobic, violent, etc.) regimes gave the Clinton Foundation money and not about what they did with the money?

When HR Clinton's campaign manager answered her question he treated it as if she had framed it properly.  But I thought I caught a glimmer of confusion in his eye, and I think he was wondering the same thing I was.  Does Miss Faux Newsbot really just not understand the issue?   Because it sure seemed like it.

Uhmm, Jedidufus? Maybe you should wipe some of that gunk off your eyes so you can read your Fox News talking points clearly.  You're messing them up, kitten !!!  

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Uhmm, Jedidufus? Maybe you should wipe some of that gunk off your eyes so you can read your Fox News talking points clearly.  You're messing them up, kitten !!!

Yesterday I wanted to have the make-up artist(s) put in detention.  Jedicufus' eye make-up looked ridiculous, but not worse than her greasy, shiny red lips.  Slippery!    I thought Clay's make-up was bad too.  I'm as pale as he is and know it's difficult to get a good shade of foundation--but I'm not a professional.

• Love 3

7 hours ago, Haleth said:

She'll do what she did on all the morning shows; talk about how DT connected with people and how Hillary seemed glib.  Only this time she'll be questioned by seasoned journalists Candace Creme Brulee and Raven-Symone.  :)

Kellyanne  won't have endure CCB and Raven, as it Sunny this week and Raven seems to only be on Fridays. Airhead Sara can't handle politics so Kellyanne can deal with Whoopi, Joy and Jediblahblah. So there should be sparks!

• Love 1

I know some of y'all are jumping off the Sara train but I'm feeling the same with Jedi.

When she came in I bought the line she was selling as an objective "call it like I see it" girl but at hasn't been the case at all. There are still things I agree with her on but she's been just as biased and unobjective as the rest of them.

I miss Meredith. 

• Love 3

Sunny, when you're talking about Trump's weight you need to get the facts correct.

If you take his height at 6'1" (which you said he didn't look 6'3") 236 pounds his BMI is 31.1. You called him "morbidly obese". BMI of 31.1 is NOT morbidly obese.

You are starting to annoy me!

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, geekburger said:

I know some of y'all are jumping off the Sara train but I'm feeling the same with Jedi.

When she came in I bought the line she was selling as an objective "call it like I see it" girl but at hasn't been the case at all. There are still things I agree with her on but she's been just as biased and unobjective as the rest of them.

I miss Meredith. 

I can't speak for anyone else, but I was never on the Jediblabla train, and never believed her "I call 'em as I SEE 'EM!" Not when she's constantly bringing up Hillary's emails where Hillary "compromised National Security!" And "Benghazi!!!" Not to mention that major SHIT she pulled yesterday about "how you only have to look at her record as Secretary of State" and that "she hasn't done anything Good!" Glad Whoopi shut her down but good.

And I can't believe I'm going to defend Whoopi, but here it goes. Yes, she said that President Obama having to release his birth certificate was "not new information," but when I read y'all's' comments, I was expecting her to be condescending like she was about the dreadlocks/hair issue for African American women. But she wasn't. And I can see both sides. That this insulting thing that forced President Obama, the ONLY president having to prove his citizenship is still a thing after being voted TWICE is not new information, but Sunny was right about what she said as well. But it wasn't a drawn out...argument, if you will.

And shallow note, Robbie is really cute.

And Jediblabla also revealed how her bias against Hillary Clinton has blinded her to facts. Mainly, that we already know where the money donated to the Clinton Foundation go--she's revealed ALL her tax returns. So her, in her zeal a GOTCHA! question to Mook, showed HER ignorance. That though the foundation takes money from not so nice people, the good it does, and where it goes, is not suspect. The way she phrased it, she was setting him up to defend the money going to furnish arms/money/weapons to terrorists. Nimrodic maroon.

And Sara is an idiot. Did she really think the debate was done so that she could enjoy a Twitter War? That she paid more attention to that then what was actually happening onscreen? The people in the control room should just tell her to keep quiet and only talk about fluff, since that's where she seems to be very confident in. She has said in the past that based on Hillary's record, she should like her, but she doesn't. Well, you ignoramus, if you'd paid attention and WATCHED the debate, you would actually hear and see Hillary discuss policy and what she plans to do when she becomes President.

• Love 10

And Sara is an idiot. Did she really think the debate was done so that she could enjoy a Twitter War? That she paid more attention to that then what was actually happening onscreen? The people in the control room should just tell her to keep quiet and only talk about fluff, since that's where she seems to be very confident in. She has said in the past that based on Hillary's record, she should like her, but she doesn't. Well, you ignoramus, if you'd paid attention and WATCHED the debate, you would actually hear and see Hillary discuss policy and what she plans to do when she becomes President.

Are we ever going to get an airhead Sara free day?

Along with Raven, she is lost without her WiFi.