Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E02: Killer App

ChristmasJones
  • Start Topic

Having daughters, this episode hits home.   I loved the dad and mom who put together the sting/posse.  I bow down to him.  I feel bad for them now that the daughter is shacking up with a 35 year old.  I'm sure it breaks their heart.

And the daughter still being in love with this loser, find out there were more, priceless.   Glad 48 Hours gave her a reality check. These girls always think they are special but they aren't. 

My heart goes out to the Lovell family.   It's unbelievable that two seeming good kids with bright futures do something so heinous.   

• Love 1

Having daughters, this episode hits home.   I loved the dad and mom who put together the sting/posse.  I bow down to him.  I feel bad for them now that the daughter is shacking up with a 35 year old.  I'm sure it breaks their heart.

I thought the sting/posse was a terrible idea.  They should thank God it didn't turn into a shoot out, or the guy didn't try to run them down with his car.  I just look at it this way: if they had ended up killing or injuring him, they could have gone to jail, given from a legal standpoint, they lured him to their home with the idea of setting up an ambush.  I understand their desire to protect their child, but it's almost always a bad idea to engage in that kind of confrontation.  

As for the daughter's new relationship, and the family's arguing on camera over the relationship, it felt to me like the family just has problems that have nothing to do with the internet guy.   

• Love 15

And, then you have the relatively well rounded & smart students turned murderers. WTF is that? I know it happens but WTF? I don't even have kids and I'm so disturbed by it all. I was glad the kik app founder didn't just run away when he was ambushed 60 Minutes style but I agree their app is a lot harder for parents to access versus Facebook. Hopefully, something will be done there to fix that issue. Also, I was dumbfounded by the girl who almost ran away with the 30 year old "boyfriend" but was saved by her parents but she's now 18 & living with a 35 year old guy. I'll say it again.......WTF? 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, tobeannounced said:

biakbiak, you must still be relatively young if not knowing about a popular app is the first time you've felt old - lol

Well the last time was when I learned about the existence of hip hop collective Odd Future from a profile in The New Yorker, so I just have a very specific criteria for feeling old.

• Love 3

This episode was pretty horrifying and is one reason my son, who's almost 18, got his first smart phone a few months ago, and why my daughter, 15, only has a dumb phone.  It's really scary how trusting some of these teens are and sad that they have to be on the defensive so much.  

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 0:22 PM, txhorns79 said:

I thought the sting/posse was a terrible idea.  They should thank God it didn't turn into a shoot out, or the guy didn't try to run them down with his car.  I just look at it this way: if they had ended up killing or injuring him, they could have gone to jail, given from a legal standpoint, they lured him to their home with the idea of setting up an ambush.  I understand their desire to protect their child, but it's almost always a bad idea to engage in that kind of confrontation.  

As for the daughter's new relationship, and the family's arguing on camera over the relationship, it felt to me like the family just has problems that have nothing to do with the internet guy.   

I agree, it was a lousy idea.  And that man was so eager and proud to reenact exactly what he did.  He's definitely a man emboldened by his weapon, and would probably run with his tail between his legs without that weapon in his hands.

• Love 4

Goodgrief ; it is horrifying. How do parents stop this without just taking away the phone? Back in the day my parents knew everything I did and if someone called,my parent knew . Iknow it's a brand new age, but yikes.

That sting ambush was a bad idea. Alsothe wife could have said something inadvertently (posing as the daughter) to tip off the guy/ I do understand the dad's anger.

My space bar is sticking. Sorry

• Love 1