Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Nature Under Constraint and Vexed

I know this is really late but I just binge watched season one and couldn't wait to see the PTV threads for season 2. Regarding setting, I thought it was clearly Toronto. License plates on season 1 were for Ontario. But I got confused when Rachel began talking about "the recent Supreme Court ruling." So I guess we are supposed to assume it's in the US? Whatever. I was fine with it being in Toronto.

Anyway, I'm going to petition the producers to create a spin off for Felix and Alison. Wacky hijinx and hilarity ensue.

• Love 2

Well, DYAD is no doubt a huge multinational corporation, so it's only logical that they'd be keeping an eye on SCotUS rulings that pertained to cloning and genetic engineering.

(That being said, it'd be great if the producers just had the balls to admit that the show was set in Canada....)

In the meeting where Rachel talked about how they influenced the Supreme Court decision, she also referenced other national legislatures/courts and efforts that DYAD was engaged with to get thing going in their direction.  And even if they didn't directly care about what SCOTUS does, many national court will cite courts from other countries, and SCOTUS is one of the ones frequently referenced by the high courts of a number of other nations.

Very late to the party but wanted to add my thoughts as I watch season 2.

Perhaps this is answered but I don't understand what Cosima needs glasses when Sarah and the other clones do not. That doesn't make sense. If one is farsighted than all should be.

The also noticed the continuity error when the bruise returns after Sarah stops pretending to be Cosima. I also noticed that she removed the Cosima eyeliner which would be silly. I mean I get why they did it...so we'd know she's Sarah again but why would she remove the heavy liner.

I actually love Paul. I think he's smoking hot and the chemistry between him and Sarah is amazing. I really want another sex scene or tender moment between them.

• Love 1

Perhaps this is answered but I don't understand what Cosima needs glasses when Sarah and the other clones do not. That doesn't make sense. If one is farsighted than all should be.

It's not uncommon for someone who reads a lot to become slightly near-sighted.

Yay, I can finally read and respond to individual threads (which will help me keep the episodes straight, even with a binge watch).  Only got through the premier for S2 so far.

Allison is such a hoot, I love that character. She's such a stereo-type SAHM, with her crafts, her drama/musical club, the whole 'rape' defense with mace and whistle, the 'mother's little helper' supplier from the "mart."  I hope she doesn't get sick too, though she may not be mentally healthy.  But the whole gun-buying and delivery bit was hilarious.

Not surprised to see Helena.  Figured that if Kira had some extra healing properties, Helena might as well.  I'm still critical of the hair bit, why her hair is so different from the others, especially if raised by religious whackos.  I'm glad Sarah got away from them, and too bad for the diner owner, decent guy at the wrong place, wrong time.

They need to make the white guys (Paul, Daniel & co., Proletarian guy) stand out a bit more, they all seem to have enough similar features that they get me mixed up at times, especially since I know a spoiler that eventually we get some male clones (not sure if that's S2 or S3).

I loved how Sarah was able to pretend to be Cosima and we could tell that it was different from when the actress is actually playing the Cosima character.  I wonder if the actress performs all of one clone's lines/scenes so she can be "in that character", then switches to do all the scenes for another clone and so forth.  I was wondering if Delphine was going to turn her in, but it looks like she really is on Cosima's side.

I like that Art trusts Sarah.  Afterall, he knows Sarah didn't end up bolting once she got that money.