Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E02: Catastrophe and the Cure

• Start Topic

I'm glad they don't give us an update on Meredith's kids every scene, what a freaking snooze that would be for me. I don't want to watch a show about them. She is a character shown to be a fairly responsible parent so I can assume the kids are being taken care of, I don't need to know the details. If everyone gave the audience an update in every scene there would be no time for anything else. JMO. 

• Love 7
On 10/2/2016 at 7:24 AM, timimouse said:

Finally, Owen and Amelia.... UGH! I really wish they had decided to stay on honeymoon forever. They both over-act every scene and it takes away from the drama rather than add to it.

I agree a thousand percent. Their love story is so unbelievable to me - and I don't mean that in a good way.

• Love 3

For me the only way I can understand Owen/Amelia is if they were put together to end each other's stories. They could have just had a happy ending and then left!! 

But no for some inexplicable reason they're still here. Crammed into a highly cast hogging airtime with the same repetitive storylines.

• Love 3
On 10/5/2016 at 9:32 AM, thewhiteowl said:

I'm glad they don't give us an update on Meredith's kids every scene, what a freaking snooze that would be for me. I don't want to watch a show about them. She is a character shown to be a fairly responsible parent so I can assume the kids are being taken care of, I don't need to know the details. If everyone gave the audience an update in every scene there would be no time for anything else. JMO. 

I agree with this a million percent. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that they don't make any references to them. We know she has kids but they aren't integral to the story so I don't see why we need to hear about them. No offence to anyone here but I actually rather not hear or see them unless we have to.

• Love 4
On 10/4/2016 at 7:47 PM, Chas411 said:

Except that she's not mad at Alex for beating DeLuca up. She's not happy about that part but what she's mad at is the hurtful things he said to her and how he used her past to hurt her. I think had Alex allowed her to speak to him when she tried to after the beating then situation could be completely different but he didn't want to hear out. That's why she's mad at him. She's not suddenly developed a moral high ground on Inappropriate beatings. I think it's been made clear her issues with him aren't just because he beat up DeLuca. 

And yes I can agree that Jo telling Alex the truth could have changes the events of the finale but I'm not sure that's a definite. He still may have stormed out after finding out she's married and he still could have returned to the same drunken scene with DeLuca. It's just a could woulda shoulda situation.

Given his shitty remarks about her past though I do understand why she hasn't told him since.   

I didn't take Alex's remarks about her past in a negative manner.  I think all he was saying is clearly she doesn't want to be married or want this relationship based on her actions.  Jo says she's all in with Alex but her actions say something completely different.   I think that conversation was it finally dawning on him that maybe she doesn't want the things he wants and him basically stating that was okay with him.  I don't think the time or place he communicated that was right but Alex is basically been tossing himself at Jo all season.   She's been hesitant and keeping secrets the whole time.  I think it's really telling that the first person Jo confided in was Delucca.  It mean she did want to talk about it but not with Alex.  I don't think she is responsible for Alex hitting Delucca though. 

• Love 2

I didn't take Alex's remarks about her past in a negative manner.  I think all he was saying is clearly she doesn't want to be married or want this relationship based on her actions.  Jo says she's all in with Alex but her actions say something completely different.   I think that conversation was it finally dawning on him that maybe she doesn't want the things he wants and him basically stating that was okay with him.  I don't think the time or place he communicated that was right but Alex is basically been tossing himself at Jo all season.   She's been hesitant and keeping secrets the whole time.  I think it's really telling that the first person Jo confided in was Delucca.  It mean she did want to talk about it but not with Alex.  I don't think she is responsible for Alex hitting Delucca though. 

It was completely meant to hurt her. He told her she wasn't capable of what he wanted from her because of how she was brought up or wasn't brought up. There's no way he meant that in anyway other then negative.

Until Alex proposed to Jo the first time he's mostly been ignoring her, following Meredith and Maggie around and allowing Meredith to treat Jo like shit so I don't think I'd agree he's been throwing himself at her. He basically overlooked her feelings of being second best and then was surprised at her reluctance to marry him. 

I do believe she does want to marry him. She wanted the same things as him and the only reason she didn't say yes was because she was afraid to tell him. That part about her past. Given his harsh reaction to her and the stuff he said to her over DeLuca I don't really blame her. 

Her secret has nothing to do with her feelings for Alex. She should have told him but it wasn't because she didn't love him. She was scared and made a mistake.

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 6
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:58 AM, timimouse said:

I agree with this a million percent. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that they don't make any references to them. We know she has kids but they aren't integral to the story so I don't see why we need to hear about them. No offence to anyone here but I actually rather not hear or see them unless we have to.

I'll take your million and up it a zillion! Like I said-- I forget she even has them most of the time. I only really remember when I read about them. Haha!

• Love 1
On 10/6/2016 at 4:04 PM, Chas411 said:

It was completely meant to hurt her. He told her she wasn't capable of what he wanted from her because of how she was brought up or wasn't brought up. There's no way he meant that in anyway other then negative.

Until Alex proposed to Jo the first time he's mostly been ignoring her, following Meredith and Maggie around and allowing Meredith to treat Jo like shit so I don't think I'd agree he's been throwing himself at her. He basically overlooked her feelings of being second best and then was surprised at her reluctance to marry him. 

I do believe she does want to marry him. She wanted the same things as him and the only reason she didn't say yes was because she was afraid to tell him. That part about her past. Given his harsh reaction to her and the stuff he said to her over DeLuca I don't really blame her. 

Her secret has nothing to do with her feelings for Alex. She should have told him but it wasn't because she didn't love him. She was scared and made a mistake.

He said MAYBE because of the way she was brought up and he MAYBE right. 

Edited by dmc