Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Warts and All

A new patient with a hideous ailment visits the hospital in hope of a cure, but finds a love interest instead. Meanwhile, Chad returns to win Chanel back and, in the process, discovers a dark secret of Brock’s. Then, after another run-in with the killer, Munsch enlists the help of new Quantico special agent Denise Hemphill.

Chad!  And Denise! 

Also  I would NOT want to be killed while Tiffany is playing. I mean that's a guilty pleasure song of mine of course but it being my death song.. nope. 

I wish Chanel number 5 had been killed if only because I find the hate scenes with her and the other Chanel's.. not funny at all. I get this show, the humor isn't for the faint of heart but I'm just done with those jokes. On a side note, it's clear that all The Chanels have abnormal psychological issues. 

Wait.. what now the Dean has a Neurological condition?  

Dean had the Best lines: "call the police! No don't! They're morons"

Chads tennis outfit not as awesome as his golfing outfit, sadly.

Hannibal Hester was way better than Neckbrace Hester. I enjoyed her immensely. 

And again.. The Chanel number 5 jokes are tired. 

So John Stamos has the hand of a serial killer. I.e he's going to be a red herring of being the possible killer this season.  He's not the killer.

The parts in this episode with Zayday were so boring, she really is the new Grace. Except kind of worse. I know I should care cause like she's finding out the Deans magical mystery neurological condition but i.. don't care because I don't think they're going to kill JLC off this show. 

• Love 1

Chads tennis outfit not as awesome as his golfing outfit, sadly.

Yeah, John Stamos had him beat with the Lacoste combo (and they showed both logos so maybe that was a product placement). Still can't get over how good Stamos' body is at 53. Hell's bells, JLC and Kirstie Alley look good too. Ryan Murphy isn't perfect, but he consistently gives juicy roles to women over 40. Who else other than Shonda Rhimes does that so regularly on TV?

"Hannibal Hester" -- great title, WhosThatGirl -- was hilarious. I even overlooked the fact that she was in a co-ed maximum prison. At least this show doesn't even TRY to be realistic about anything.

Even with such a strong cast, Niecy Nash steals every scene she's in.

I thought the casting of Colton Haynes and then burying him under pounds of special effects make-up was rather subversive, for lack of a better term? There was a meme on the Internet about how "Ryan Murphy definitely has a type" and showing pictures of Lautner and Haynes, so I think casting an of-the-moment (and recently open gay) heartthrob and then making him ugly was rather unexpected and clever.

• Love 1

Chad Radwell you hunk of hot stupidity.   Welcome back.  And watch out for John Stamos's evil hand.  

I loved the part where Denise name dropped everything with the name  Quanico which isn't even on Fox so Ha!  For getting that to happen.

Poor Channel #5 having her warty boyfriend and apparently her one chance at getting a potentially hot boyfriend get myrdered.

Green Meenie you really think it would be that easy to tak out Former Dean and created of new new feminism Munch?  No it is not.  I think JLC had the best line though I think it was @When someone is about to unmask a serial killer you don't destract them with questions!"

Hester's back as well in full Hannibal Lecter glory. 

Zayday really is the new Grace. I didn't like her in the first season, though, so I didn't care for her return this season.

The hate for Chanel #5 has intensified a lot this season, and I'm tired of it too. Then again, I still don't like Chanel so her scenes are all annoying for me, but more so when she hates on Chanel #5. 

I missed Chad and Denise! 

Dean kicking Green Meanie's butt, followed by her getting distracted was all kinds of great. 

Hi Colton Haynes! Glad to see you, even with all that tumor makeup on! 

Unfortunately, they're not hitting the right notes this season. Chad and Denise as guest stars? Hester has barely been in the season so far? Too much Chanel, Zayday, and Brock? Yawn. 

• Love 1

CHAD! DENISE! HESTER! Three of my favs returning was just everything but I felt like they were trying really hard with Chad this episode. On the other hand, Hester had me lmao the whole time she was talking to the group. Lea really went for it.

Also, Chad and John Stamos shower scene was soo freaking hot. Who knew that was what we needed it.  As for Zayday, we really need one person who is at least trying to dig for information. Most of these people are selfish to do any work. 

• Love 2

Um, there can never be enough Chad. Hannibal Hester is the best. I didn't like her much last season, with the neck brace and everything, but this season, kind of love her. 

I think all the Chanel's stopped taking their meds, actually.

If nothing happens with Chanel number 5 and the other Chanel's keep making not funny jokes, which really aren't funny at all, then I do hope they kill her off. Because really.. like I said earlier, it's not funny, it's tired and AB is not ugly. I don't get it? I love Chanel number three, or I did, this season I'm kind of over her too and she's starting to bug too. 

• Love 2

Denise and Hannibal Hester continue to be the best part.  I loved Hester last year but making her down right crazy  and even a bit scary this season  was a good move.

I like Chad but I do think they over use  him.  One or two scene is enough otherwise it doe start to seem forced.

Hoping #5 had her big episode and can melt  into the background for a while.

Chamberlain was funny last week this week they drug him down with Zayday.   I hope he works with Denise or Hester.  Hester trying to get with Chamberlain would be funny.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

Also, Chad and John Stamos shower scene was soo freaking hot. Who knew that was what we needed it. 

I know! I did love Chad as always pointing out the obvious (Before this gets even more homoerotic) during his speech with Brock interjection (I don't see how that's possible). And Stamos is an upgrade in enemies for Chad over last season. Once again Chad is observant! He spotted that crazy hand in pure peripheral vision, sussed out there was a secret, and had it nailed in 40 minutes flat. I really wish he could've been the Watson to Denise's Sherlock.

This show knows it's a tease. You bring back Denise and Chad in the same episode and don't play them together!? They better be saving it for an epic reunion. And my theory is that Chad dumped Chanel and went for Denise who dumped him so Chad wants Chanel back but once he sees Denise again? He'll drop Chanel again.

When 'Red Devil' appeared, I cheered. Appearances alone he was loads scarier and better than Greenie Meanie.

Poor Zayday has become the new Grace.

And as for the previews

Spoiler

I think Chanel and Chad get engaged but in a big twist Chad is killed by Greenie Meanie. Denise then becomes determined to avenge her dead hot ex-lover, Chanel becomes determined to hunt down the bastard that prevented her from becoming Mrs. Chad Radwell, and then it's really on!

And as someone pointed out, it's kinda funny that Rebecca Romijn's ex husband and current husband are both on the same show.

• Love 4

Love love KNEE-SAY.  She gives me life and saves this show with her one liners and amazing delivery.

“Bitch, take this chapstick and tells us what we need to know” BEST QUOTE EVER!!!!

"Zayday is a stone cold ho"

"To understand a murderer you gotta get in their head or with Zayda get inside her weave"  LOL cuz dat aint hur hur LOL

Clutching the pearls moment of the night – Ummmm did Chanel just get jizz thrown in her hair in the psycho ward and Chanel #3 picked it out of her hair and ate it?!?!?!  Great, but disturbing, tie in to Silence of the lambs and with Chanel #3’s former job at the sperm bank.   

Edited by NYCNJbear06
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

Clutching the pearls moment of the night – Ummmm did Chanel just get jizz thrown in her hair in the psycho ward and Chanel #3 picked it out of her hair and ate it?!?!?!  Great, but disturbing, tie in to Silence of the lambs and with Chanel #3’s former job at the sperm bank.   

They said it was cake. The jizz/lambs homage was clear, but  I choose to believe it really was cake.

• Love 2

Oh Zayday. Trapped in the thankless Grace role, but without the "finding my families secrets" stuff. You deserved better. 

This episode went up a million points with the reappearance of Chad. His WASPish handsomeness mixed with his utter stupidity mixed with his odd moments of insight and observational power. Honestly, he might sound dumber than Channel, but I think he is WAY smarter than she is, as, if nothing else, she is ridiculously short sighted and views the world in a pretty bizarre way. On the one hand, I always love when Chad is on screen, but on the other, when Ryan Murphy starts to include a character too much, he pretty much always ruins them, so maybe its for the best we arent getting much of him. 

It always confuses me as to why the killers always attack such random people. They are always people who hate the asshole main characters, but THEY never get hacked to death, its always other people who have nothing to do with anything. I mean, I know its because they're the main characters, but its weird. 

• Love 1

I loved the return of Chad and Denise, but this episode had PROBLEMS!

It's basically turning into Medical Pushing Daisies. The first season was campy, but this time it's downright twee. Nothing wrong with twee, I loved PD, but there is was intentional, the essential aspect of that reality. It feels so out of place here because Ryan Murphy is trying to use too many types of humor. Are we in Scream or Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Murphy clearly loves cruel humor, but this season it's less humor and more just cruel.

I'm thankful for that whole shower scene because Chad's body be bangin', but the scene itself is terrible. The typical gay-baiting banter + blocking is achingly heavy handed, but for Chad to say in the moment how homoerotic it is...whatever happened to subtext? Top notch tennis outfit tough, love a good midriff.

And as everyone else has said, ruining Zayday by making her the new Grace. 

This season just further supports my long held theory that Ryan Murphy's show's are great until he starts to get ideas of what his shows are actually "about."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Hester killed Gigi, I believe.

Off the top of my head, Hester killed:
-Gigi

-Her brother

-Pete

-The gay sorority sister

-Possibly also responsible for maiming the prior head of the sorority with acid spray?

I think I might be missing one or two, but those for sure were Hester. (In theory the sorority sister could have been Boone, but she recognized her attacker, which is why I think it was Hester). 

Sometimes - often, even - I wonder why I even bother watching this show. Then, they do a scene like the one with Chad and Brock and I remember why I bother. Holy cow, that was hilarious, and hot. And - I laughed out loud at the screaming guy, especially the part where Brock kept clicking his pen and the guy kept screaming. 

I also kind of appreciated the meta moment where the killer got away and Munsch got the chance to chastise people for interrupting at the very moment she was about to remove his mask and reveal his identity. I sometimes forget that Jamie Lee Curtis was in fact the original Scream Queen of the neo slasher genre. 

• Love 3

Ok I have to say it.  I love this show....warts and all. 

It appeals to every part of me but then Ryan Murphy has always just gotten me.   Well except for the Gawd awful Glee.

I loved the scenes with  #5 and Wartboy.  Chad and John Stamos are a match made in hot guy heaven.  John Stamos in a shower two episodes in a row.  Dudes aren't even my thing and I appriate the visual.   

Hester is awesome.  I think Lea Michele is having a ball playing her and it shows. This show is just crazy fun to watch.

Edited by Chaos Theory
3 hours ago, questionfear said:

Off the top of my head, Hester killed:
-Gigi

-Her brother

-Pete

-The gay sorority sister

-Possibly also responsible for maiming the prior head of the sorority with acid spray?

I think I might be missing one or two, but those for sure were Hester. (In theory the sorority sister could have been Boone, but she recognized her attacker, which is why I think it was Hester). 

I don't think she killed her brother or Gigi. Like someone else said, her brother was killed by Pete. 

I do remember Gay Sorority saying "I figured it was you". So, that is one is definitely Hester. Acid girl maybe it could be Hester but that could also be Boone. 

Ummmm did Chanel just get jizz thrown in her hair in the psycho ward and Chanel #3 picked it out of her hair and ate it?!?!?!  Great, but disturbing, tie in to Silence of the lambs and with Chanel #3’s former job at the sperm bank.   

Clutch the pearls again, because that is exactly what I thought!!

10 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:
Spoiler

I think Chanel and Chad get engaged but in a big twist Chad is killed by Greenie Meanie.

I think the twist is Chad's poor. 

Hide contents

11 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

Okay, I barely followed who killed who last season since there was like three different Red Devils but did Hester really kill anyone herself? 

11 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Hester killed Gigi, I believe.

Hester killed Pete she said she only killed one student but he was a killer anyway in words.

Hester also killed the pizza guy and indirectly Ms Bean by turning on fryer. 

The acid girl did not die but it was her idea and Boone was the one who put the acid in the machine and stuck around to scare her.

Pete killed Sam and Gigi and some others.

Edited by tom87

The Chad/Brock shower scene was hilarious! I kept cracking up at the shower curtains just flinging back and forth.

I'm also tired of all the mean jokes regarding #5. I adore Colton Haynes but I could barely look at the tumor face.

23 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Hide contents

And as someone pointed out, it's kinda funny that Rebecca Romijn's ex husband and current husband are both on the same show.

Right! I wonder if they met each other on set..

• Love 1

I was just almost out. I was soooo close. Then I read here that Chad is naked and damn if I didn't get sucked back in. Probably not for long. This season is terrible. As usual, Ryan Murphy takes something that is working and grinds it into the ground until it is no longer funny or entertainment.

The only thing that will redeem the show for me now is if #5 finally snaps and kills them all (except Dean Munch, Denise and Chad. I want them to run off together Big Love style and start their own show. )

• Love 3

Ryan Murphy takes something that is working and grinds it into the ground until it is no longer funny or entertainment.

It occurred to me that if they eliminated the Chanels from the show the story would probably work better. They just need a better protagonist and I think all the other nonsense around him/her would fall into place better. We don't really care about anyone because they're all so absurd. We kind of need a "straight man" to react to all the idiocy going on, and Zayday isn't cutting it.

• Love 2

As was JLC kicking the crap out of the hospital's serial killer.

Didn't she do the same thing in S1 when she fought 2 Red Devils? It just felt like a retread.

It always confuses me as to why the killers always attack such random people

I don't know about Werewolf Girl but Wartboy told Chanel he knew something so I assume he was killed to hide it. How the killer knew he knew I don't know. 

And yes to Shower Chad. More of that please.

12 hours ago, tom87 said:

Hester killed Pete she said she only killed one student but he was a killer anyway in words.

Hester also killed the pizza guy and indirectly Ms Bean by turning on fryer. 

The acid girl did not die but it was her idea and Boone was the one who put the acid in the machine and stuck around to scare her.

Pete killed Sam and Gigi and some others.

This makes sense makes much more sense. Thank you. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, xander874 said:

Didn't she do the same thing in S1 when she fought 2 Red Devils?

Yes, she did, but it was one of the killers disguised as Antonin Scalia, which just made it all the more sweet.

29 minutes ago, xander874 said:

It just felt like a retread.

Some say retread, some say encore performance.

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It occurred to me that if they eliminated the Chanels from the show the story would probably work better.

Storywise, it wouldn't hurt if one or two of the Chanels (I know which one I'd like to survive) got the axe.  It would provide a seismic jolt to the show and trim the cast.

2 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Especially wet, soapy shower Chad.

I'm gonna need a minute!

That shower scene was the best thing this show has ever done.

The only Chanel I have any positive feeling for (I was going to say care about but that is a bit stronger I am feeling) is #3 and I think that is mainly because she's Princess Leia's/Carrie Fisher's daughter.

• Love 2
On 9/28/2016 at 9:30 AM, TobinAlbers said:

I know! I did love Chad as always pointing out the obvious (Before this gets even more homoerotic) during his speech with Brock interjection (I don't see how that's possible). And Stamos is an upgrade in enemies for Chad over last season. Once again Chad is observant! He spotted that crazy hand in pure peripheral vision, sussed out there was a secret, and had it nailed in 40 minutes flat. I really wish he could've been the Watson to Denise's Sherlock.

If this show knows what is good for them, they will make Sherlock-Denise and Watson-Chad happen. These two together solving cases is making lmao. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It occurred to me that if they eliminated the Chanels from the show the story would probably work better. 

The day the Chanels are eliminated is the day I stop watching.

7 hours ago, caracas1914 said:

The one black hole that the show can't escape from; Emma Roberts as Chanel.   She's so one note and yet ostensibly one of the main leads.

I'll never understand the hate that Emma gets here; I think she's perfect in this role and is easily one of the best things about the show.  She basically is the show.  It wouldn't be the same without her. 

Edited by mack6986
  • Love 4

I don't think it would work without the Chanels because they are kind of what the whole show is structured around, and last season, in a sorority house setting, it was perfect. But this season the show is not working with the Chanels because they just don't fit into this setting. The show is having to jump through hoops that just aren't as amusing as last season. I can swallow the random oddness, but this time it's just not as funny for me.

Thank god for Shower Chad! And Denise. Though maybe my bitterness about this season is just because they aren't together. :(

• Love 1

This season is not bringing me in so far. I much better liked the aesthetic and the goofy vibe of the first season.  Scary hospitals have been done to death. A lot seems forced, especially the meanness, very little is organic or even in character. The case of the week format is not very interesting. I think I'll give it one more episode and see if it changes my mind. 

• Love 1

The Chanels are this show. But yes, there's a disconnect with the setting and them, but then again.. where else would they go with this? I always assumed this show was going with the anthology format but everyone told me I was wrong.  I wonder if Chanels in the psychiatric ward would have worked. It may have been better, but RM probably didn't want this show to be AHS lite.

• Love 1