Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: That Tuna Is F@#!ed

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I think Alaskan Face refers to Sierra's open Scandinavian features due to long history of migration to the northern states of the US and Canada (sez the Australian) least that's how I took it. Set up to fail with that great messy chunky mohair salad. Did not fit the 12 course aesthetic at all and I'm surprised Ben let it leave the galley. And Kate needs to separate Sierra from guest relations. Alcohol with your gin and I tonic? And misleading the idiot with the faux dietary issues. As Cpt Lee says ' once is a problem, twice is a pattern, do I think it'll happen again? Absolutely! '

Knowing what we now know about Kate, is anyone else seeing a visible physical decline? !? 

• Love 2

Byeeeee, Trevor! Won't miss you. I respect how Lee handled the Trevor situation. And it's hard to deny that Trevor was a problem when everyone else's testimony lines up.

I'm also liking Kelley as bosun and how he just laughed off Nico's mess with the hot tub. It was extra work, but they dealt with it with a good attitude. 

Kelley's sent out a few hints that he's interested in Emily? Dude, you're helping her fold napkins shirtless. That's not obvious at all. 

Sierra might not be a dim as I thought. She might have just been edited that way the first few episodes. But she's a unique snowflake. I don't think she's mean or malicious (though she seems overemotional), but Kelley's right in that she's kind of Stepford-scary. If she's going to snap for real it's going to be a bad time. 

Dietary-restriction guest is the worst. If you demand weird things for dumb reasons, you can't get offended when that excludes you from a majority of things. Ben could have made more of an effort but come on, requiring a specific ph level in your water? Ben was screwed before he started. I mean, I have a friend who prefers to be gluten-free. But he doesn't get angry when people eat gluten and he decides not to partake, and he also realizes that because it's his choice to avoid gluten (as opposed to a medical necessity) he's not pushy about making sure that everything caters to him. (Heck, he even stole some of my beer battered fries at the bar last night.) I still tease him for the choice (in a friendly way), but I respect that he's realistic about his dietary choices. Honestly, I'm kind of the same way and I have a nut allergy. I don't choose to eat things knowing they have nuts in them, but I'm also fairly blase about making sure they don't. (I'm also fairly unadventurous when it comes to food, so I think it evens out.)

If I were a guest, my instructions to Ben would be no nuts at all (including coconut, it makes my mouth itchy, too), but anything else if fair game. Impress me.

• Love 6
On 9/28/2016 at 8:25 AM, ghoulina said:

But still....those charter guests were awful as well. First we've got the lady who has a dietary restriction list a mile long - AND needs her water at a certain Ph level? That's a first for me. How would one even KNOW? Then they request a 12 course tasting menu, but get all perturbed that it's taking too long. Okay, I'm no expert here. I've never been on a yacht, and the fanciest restaurant I've ever been to is Cheesecake Factory. But I would think that they would realize that being on a ship with a much smaller kitchen and only ONE chef would mean you wouldn't get the same exact pace or experience that you would in a full service 5 star restaurant. I thought Ben probably did the best he could with what he had. 

Then food restriction lady has the nerve to complain that she isn't getting what everyone else is getting? What do you expect when you've delivered such an extensive "no-no" list. First she's all, "I can't eat x, y, z" - but then she's all, "I want what they're having!" in her best Veruca Salt voice. Egads. 

When I heard 12 courses, I rolled my eyes.  That's just stupid.  I was on QM2 a few months ago, Mom and I sat in the main dining room; there, for dinner they had a four course meal, appetizer,  soup or salad, main course and coffee and dessert.  And that, with more than one chef in the kitchen takes awhile.  I can't see myself sitting through 12 courses.  Like I said before, when I was on a 15 day cruise, by day 13, I was tired of eating.

I am curious about dietary restrictions and allergies.  I worked with someone who had a serious peanut allergy; but the thing is, I never met a person with a food allergy until I was a grown woman and I'm in my late fifties.  My mother laughed and said that when she was a kid, they were too poor to have food allergies.  I have often wondered if the reason for so many allergies today is because we've screwed with the environment, or because so much food today is processed. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 14

I'm with Uncle Benzene.

Last week I was complaining that Ben boxed everyone into the restrictions of one guest's special requests--e.g. everyone had to have rubbery turkey bacon in their egg dish.

This week that protocol wasn't at all practical, but I'm still going to complain--heh-- because he basically blew off the snowflake with The Big Salad, which he didn't even supervise.  Just get all the vegetables you can find.  I don't need to see it--toss it yourself and get it out there sometime tonight.  (My vegetarian friend gets really tired of hearing "And for you, a salad.")

MAYBE several of the dishes were designed with her in mind, but I think the "Wait, I think the girl can eat this one too" comment indicates that pretty much anything beyond salad was the result of happy accident.  (Didn't the gazpacho even have an odd meaty ingredient?)

I know special requests and food allergy restrictions, whether genuine or trendy chic, must drive chefs bonkers these days, but that's a HUGE element of the job now.  Did the snowflake even get anything to match the grand finale lamb chops?  Maybe she saved a giant beet chunk to nibble on later.  (What are the chances Sierra roasted those beets in a nice balsamic instead of opening a can?) 

For all my grinching, I thought the twelve-course tasting menu was fascinating.  The dessert was gorgeous, with the "lace" garnish, but umm . . . "homemade ice cream"?  There's an ice cream machine in the galley?  Someone ordered some small batch homemade ice cream from one of the islands?  Hmm, tell me more.

• Love 4

I think Alaskan Face refers to Sierra's open Scandinavian features due to long history of migration to the northern states of the US and Canada (sez the Australian) least that's how I took it. Set up to fail with that great messy chunky mohair salad. Did not fit the 12 course aesthetic at all and I'm surprised Ben let it leave the galley. And Kate needs to separate Sierra from guest relations. Alcohol with your gin and I tonic? And misleading the idiot with the faux dietary issues. As Cpt Lee says ' once is a problem, twice is a pattern, do I think it'll happen again? Absolutely! '

Knowing what we now know about Kate, is anyone else seeing a visible physical decline? !? 

I really just want to grab Kate and give her a good hot-oil treatment. Her hair hasn't ever been on point, but this season it's like a Muppet had a baby with a shag rug.

• Love 5
  On 9/28/2016 at 7:25 AM, ghoulina said:

But still....those charter guests were awful as well. First we've got the lady who has a dietary restriction list a mile long - AND needs her water at a certain Ph level? That's a first for me. How would one even KNOW? Then they request a 12 course tasting menu, but get all perturbed that it's taking too long. Okay, I'm no expert here. I've never been on a yacht, and the fanciest restaurant I've ever been to is Cheesecake Factory. But I would think that they would realize that being on a ship with a much smaller kitchen and only ONE chef would mean you wouldn't get the same exact pace or experience that you would in a full service 5 star restaurant. I thought Ben probably did the best he could with what he had. 

Then food restriction lady has the nerve to complain that she isn't getting what everyone else is getting? What do you expect when you've delivered such an extensive "no-no" list. First she's all, "I can't eat x, y, z" - but then she's all, "I want what they're having!" in her best Veruca Salt voice. Egads. 

When I heard 12 courses, I rolled my eyes.  That's just stupid.  I was on QM2 a few months ago, Mom and I sat in the main dining room; there they have a four course meal, appetizer,  soup or salad, main course and coffee and dessert.  And that, with more than one chef in the kitchen takes awhile.  I can't see myself sitting through 12 courses.  Like I said before, when I was on a 15 day cruise, by day 13, I'm tired of eating.

I am curious about dietary restrictions and allergies.  I worked with someone who had a serious peanut allergy; but the thing is, I never met a person with a food allergy until I was a grown woman and I'm in my late fifties.  My mother laughed and said that when she was a kid, they were too poor to have food allergies.  I have often wondered if the reason for so many allergies today is because we've screwed with the environment, or because so much food today is processed. 

This is kind of macabre, but I think the reason there are so many food allergies today is because even thirty years ago, if you had a massive food allergy, you ... died.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, queenjen said:

What do we know about Kate? I've seen several mentions of something along these lines, but I think I'm out of the loop on this one. Help!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

What do we know about Kate? I've seen several mentions of something along these lines, but I think I'm out of the loop on this one. Help!

I think we're not supposed to talk about stuff outside the episodes, but you can google Kate Chastain. She was in the news recently.

• Love 1

What would be nice to see is Ben teach Sierra how to properly grill a piece of tuna on their off time or when he is cooking and she happens to be there but clear it with Kate so she's not pissed at Sierra. Ten minutes tops and they both would feel good about themselves and feel better towards each other.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Thanks, sorry if I overstepped the rules, mods!

9 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I would think you could pose yourdelet question in Kate's thread or the media thread if there one.

Sorry, computer is being repaired and PTV on mobile sucks. Can't delete wrongly quoted post, back space one to many times and you jump inside the post your quoting with no way out but to jump through hoops.

They say they are working on it. More like not any time soon I think.

Sorry again.

Edited by Giselle
PTV on a cell sucks!
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

When I heard 12 courses, I rolled my eyes.  That's just stupid.  I was on QM2 a few months ago, Mom and I sat in the main dining room; there they have a four course meal, appetizer,  soup or salad, main course and coffee and dessert.  And that, with more than one chef in the kitchen takes awhile.  I can't see myself sitting through 12 courses.  Like I said before, when I was on a 15 day cruise, by day 13, I'm tired of eating.

Or I would also add fads and hypochondria, there are two in my social and family circle lije that along with a few who have legitimate food allergies.

Aske if they had been diagnosed and they say the "Well Dr. Can't test for or catch everything." Yet when they've eaten things they said they were allergic to wow no symptoms...ever.  I don't fuss over the fakers they can have more salad.

3 hours ago, candall said:

For all my grinching, I thought the twelve-course tasting menu was fascinating.  The dessert was gorgeous, with the "lace" garnish, but umm . . . "homemade ice cream"?  There's an ice cream machine in the galley?  Someone ordered some small batch homemade ice cream from one of the islands?  Hmm, tell me more.

Yes, there is a Cuisinart ICE-100 in the galley. It's a machine that has a compressor, which makes it really easy to make ice cream on the fly. There was one in the galley last season on Eros, but Leon never touched it. There was also a sous vide cooker on Eros, which Leon over used with his beef cheeks. I suspect that there is one on Valor too.

Though Ben was bitching about the tuna Sierra cooked, the fault was his because the piece of tuna he gave her to sear was far too thin do what he wanted. You need a pretty thick filet to do that hard sear while keeping that filet nice and pink in the center.

Those guests were gross morons. Yes, a 12 course tasting menu is going to be at least 3 hours. The guest with the food restrictions was an asshole.

• Love 11

The next time someone pisses me off and/or gets on my last good nerve, I am totally going to say it's because they found out I'm a hair model.  Thank you, Trevor, for that all weather excuse.

If for no other reason of course you are going to get fired when you show up 3 hours after everyone else has started working.  And with a wicked hangover. What a dumbass.  Good thing he bought that truck!

12 courses and starting at 8:30 is just asinine.  Who eats that much?  The thought of eating at midnight made my stomach hurt.  I always feel bad for Ben in these types of situations because it's possible that he might have to be up to make breakfast less than 8 hours after dinner concludes.  He really never gets a break but you don't see him whining and moaning.  At least not about that.

Sierra is clearly too sensitive for this environment. Wonder how much longer she'll last? 

I agree with @Neurochick on the food restrictions -- I think we've jacked up our environment and so much of our food is processed.  Our digestive systems weren't designed for so much altered and processed stuff.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Yes, there is a Cuisinart ICE-100 in the galley. It's a machine that has a compressor, which makes it really easy to make ice cream on the fly.

If anybody wants me, I'll be over at Amazon.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Thanks, sorry if I overstepped the rules, mods!

It's all good.  You can also check out her thread here……it has the details.

2 hours ago, Giselle said:

Sorry, computer is being repaired and PTV on mobile sucks. Can't delete wrongly quoted post, back space one to many times and you jump inside the post your quoting with no way out but to jump through hoops.

They say they are working on it. More like not any time soon I think.

Sorry again.

The site owner and developers do the best they can as quickly as they can.

• Love 4

I applaud them for getting 12 courses out in spite of Sierra. There was gazpacho, two palette cleansers in the form of sorbet, a tuna dish and a calamari dish (does that count as fish since it doesn't have a shell?), and dessert.  So Miss Picky Eater would have been able to have  six of the 12 courses.  Sierra should have whipped out some beets and garnish, so the guest had something to gnaw on during the times she couldn't eat the tasting item.  Then hit her with a salad.  She asked for a salad, I think she just liked being the center of attention and wasn't getting enough without her special diet taking center stage. 

Sierra may be inexperienced but at the end of the day she collects the same amount when it comes to a tip.  It is wonderful to talk about positivity but cluelessness is not necessarily positive energy.  Chrissy Snow was funny cute but her cousin Cindy Snow (Jennilee Harrison) not so endearing.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I've had a tree nut allergy since before it was cool* ;) and your guesses are basically what I've heard. Going by my family as a single sample, I know the nut allergy also got worse through the generations, progressing from "makes me a little itchy" in grandpa to "get me epinephrine, stat" in me, ever since I was a toddler. And grandpa was a farm boy, not fancy ;)

Same likely goes for sensitivities--if you eat a lot of something, you can become more sensitized to it as time goes on. I've heard rumblings that that's what many gluten sensitivities (not Celiac, etc but other kinds) stem from--it's in so much, that you basically overexpose yourself and your body doesn't like it. 

Just theories I've heard/read about. I'm not JAMA, so take that for what it's worth!

* Being facetious there... but 20-30 years ago these allergies were FAR less common, with few people understanding why I couldn't just pick the nuts off.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

The next time someone pisses me off and/or gets on my last good nerve, I am totally going to say it's because they found out I'm a hair model.  Thank you, Trevor, for that all weather excuse.

I'm soooo going to start doing that too. My husband comes home in a bad mood and snaps at me? "It's because you found out I was a hair model, isn't it?" Bah! I love having inside PTV jokes that no one in my family gets. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, Neurochick said:

When I heard 12 courses, I rolled my eyes.  That's just stupid.  I was on QM2 a few months ago, Mom and I sat in the main dining room; there, for dinner they had a four course meal, appetizer,  soup or salad, main course and coffee and dessert.  And that, with more than one chef in the kitchen takes awhile.  I can't see myself sitting through 12 courses.  Like I said before, when I was on a 15 day cruise, by day 13, I was tired of eating.

That and bad gut bacteria which actually goes hand in hand with over processing. I remember once refusing to eat some butter my mom scraped some mold off of (don't get bent out of shape, it was the fifties and that's what people did) and my dad said something that has stuck with me. He said, "if mold won't grow on it neither will you." So much food we eat today is processed and wouldn't support a colony of mold. Think about it, even mold won't eat it...

But since we're in the BD forum I'd say the solution to everything is Beef Cheeks. Just serve Beef Cheeks!

• Love 10

We have some severe dietary issues and have gone gluten, soy, corn and dairy free. Also no GMO's. I use goat and sheep cheese as a substitute and make many savory dishes with beef, chicken and unprocessed pork that are delicious if I do say so myself. Ben could have easily prepared several great gluten free dishes. He is just lazy.

8 hours ago, OnceSane said:

It's all good.  You can also check out her thread here……it has the details.

The site owner and developers do the best they can as quickly as they can.

I know and am grateful. I enjoy the new playground but like a frustrated 2 year old... I want it now.

6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm soooo going to start doing that too. My husband comes home in a bad mood and snaps at me? "It's because you found out I was a hair model, isn't it?" Bah! I love having inside PTV jokes that no one in my family gets. 

Wow, now that I know that about you  I'm not sure I even want to quote your texts. One thing you aren't mentioning are hair catalogs to prove your mad hair modeling skills? Something's fishy and it's not the fucking tuna!

3 hours ago, tinaw said:

Hairy backedguy reminds me of the penguin In Batman. Ewww

He looks like Aunt Bunny. Before Gus shaved her down and taught her to speak.

Goonie Goo Goo!

• Love 4

Foodies are annoying. You are in the BVI! Don't you care about the recreational //cultural possibilities ? possibly while looking slim n fit in a bathing suit..? OR,  are you there just  to EAT  some over hyped FOOD in a tropical setting and get all bloated and lazy in a tropical setting?  Afterwards to go boil in a floating hot Tub and  sleep in a big bed? How boring are you rich piggies? Yay fat people!

Fuck you and your GLUTEN FREE CUPCAKES. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Trooper York said:

We have some severe dietary issues and have gone gluten, soy, corn and dairy free. Also no GMO's. I use goat and sheep cheese as a substitute and make many savory dishes with beef, chicken and unprocessed pork that are delicious if I do say so myself. Ben could have easily prepared several great gluten free dishes. He is just lazy.

Goat and sheep milk prods are dairy.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Nanu160 said:

Foodies are annoying. You are in the BVI! Don't you care about the recreational //cultural possibilities ? possibly while looking slim n fit in a bathing suit..? OR,  are you there just  to EAT  some over hyped FOOD in a tropical setting and get all bloated and lazy in a tropical setting?  Afterwards to go boil in a floating hot Tub and  sleep in a big bed? How boring are you rich piggies? Yay fat people!

Fuck you and your GLUTEN FREE CUPCAKES. 

They've got it all wrong. You eat healthy and get skinny before you go on vacation then you pig out on the boat.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 6

So you can pay 50k to eet fewd on a floating toilet. OR, perhaps there's more to Vacation than what goes in your pie hole. Me, I like food, yea  but damn I want to experience the experience more than just what I eat. 

Been on some good Vacations, I'm there to recreate.

• Love 3

Ok so, this One Time At Band Camp? This girl Paula Mitchell, Y'KNOW? Like the Xylophone player? Well she French braided my hair on the Short Bus and we took a selfie? She posted it on MySpace and now I'm a Paula Mitchell HAIRMODEL. SSSSSSSUUUPERSSSTARR!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

Mammal milk and ensuing products are considered dairy.

That was my point that I was trying to nicely make. All milk that comes out of mammary glands is dairy, so it includes goats and sheep. So I didn't understand "I don't eat dairy... I eat goat and sheep milk"

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 3

I'm a hair model so thought I'd get that out first for potential hate that will follow: I've had the gluten dairy soy and various other freedoms for 30 years. I do believe that it's down to things like animal feeds being packed with various things they don't naturally eat plus food processing etc. All that said, I'm not an ass about it. And these are sensitivities NOT full blown allergies. Having a sandwich will give me indigestion and brain fog. It's mainly to keep horrible depression at bay and it works. That said, my diet of meat and veges is pretty easy to get creative with. I think the primary here was the only person with a modicum of elegance and taste and he ordered the tasting menu and seemed to really enjoy it. I certainly hope the primary is the one who determines the tip this charter. He seemed pretty chill throughout. The rest of the gang? Vulgar, crude, oily and brash. 

The way the world is going, Ben needs to invest in a gourmet health course. Because he ain't going to be seeing less of this. And he's always banging on about his crucial role in the tip size. 

I'm looking forward to Rocket Towel Charter Guest Spirit Animal Dean reappear and I'm going to be checking for the double take when he spots his fave chief stew. She is unraveling. It's sad, cos she's a reality tv natural. 

Adiós Booger Boy, squint of into the sunset. And I think the much adored Emily ends up with Ben. He's playing the long game with her, well aware of the other 2 like cartoon dogs with their tongues hanging out. Poor Sierra. She told us she loved all the men in the spectrum, but her wack vibe is traceable even through my screen. Can the bottled juice market take another product? Good luck with that. I still think the worst reality tv schill product was the sad Manzo spawn black water. No. Just no.

• Love 6

I think Lauren is the best looking of the women this season; Emily has bad teeth, Sierra looks like a serial killer and Kate really needs some hair conditioner.  Interesting that none of the guys are interested in Lauren (unless she told all of them, 'no fucking way').

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think Lauren is the best looking of the women this season; Emily has bad teeth, Sierra looks like a serial killer and Kate really needs some hair conditioner.  Interesting that none of the guys are interested in Lauren (unless she told all of them, 'no fucking way').

I agree. And I always wonder how the Deckies determine who's the hottest on the ship. I didn't see it with Tiffany and I don't see it with Emily (she looks so young to me!). But I agree, Lauren's adorbs. Hasn't Nico bantered with her? 

• Love 3

My stylist has used pics of my hair for her magazine and photobook.  Don't hate me because I'm a hair model and don't force me to take this to Captain Lee.

Was the guest with all the dietary restrictions doing it for a trendy reason or health related?  For example, if she has Celiac disease, I can't bag on the gluten free.  If she's allergic to dairy, I can't bag on that.  If it's for personal choice, that's all fine and good but I think you have to give a little bit too.  Or bring your own food everywhere. 

I agree with the poster above who said that Ben needs to invest in some courses on preparing healthy/dietary restrictive foods. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Nanu160 said:

So you can pay 50k to eet fewd on a floating toilet. OR, perhaps there's more to Vacation than what goes in your pie hole. Me, I like food, yea  but damn I want to experience the experience more than just what I eat. 

Been on some good Vacations, I'm there to recreate.

I agree.  Just because I can, doesn't mean I'm going to strap on the feedbag - that would only make me want to loll around on the deck all day, sluggish and gross.  Went on a cruise once.  The food gluttony and waste I saw made me never want to go again.  Well, that and feeling barfy for most of the trip .  Not bagging on anyone who likes cruises - one of my besties has been on more than a dozen - they're just not for me.  Glad I went, though or said friend would have never stopped nagging.  "You're a boater," she said, "you'll LOVE a cruise,"  she said.

Erp.  Nope.

Trevor was hard to look at.  And he really proved to be despicable.  There's no excuse or editing tricks for the things he said to Kelly. He should watch his back because he's easy to spot in a crowd.  His looks are very....unique.  I can imagine that there are a couple of guys from our armed forces who would like to straighten those eyeballs out with a coupla punches to the head.

• Love 2

I  guess I had to be more specific. The problem for us is cow. It is the lactose factor. Sheep and goat cheese does not induce the same allergic reaction. Everyone is different and what effects them is different. So saying no dairy is short hand and incorrect. I should have said no cow.

You see that is the point. The guests know their own situation. Now it seems that the knucklehead in this episode is just doing this to be trendy and not because of legitimate health concerns. It is just not up to Ben to decide who is who. He needs to question the guests to see what would work. You know. Do more work to get it right. Something he is allergic to in the first degree.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

I agree.  Just because I can, doesn't mean I'm going to strap on the feedbag - that would only make me want to loll around on the deck all day, sluggish and gross.  Went on a cruise once.  The food gluttony and waste I saw made me never want to go again.  Well, that and feeling barfy for most of the trip .  Not bagging on anyone who likes cruises - one of my besties has been on more than a dozen - they're just not for me.  Glad I went, though or said friend would have never stopped nagging.  "You're a boater," she said, "you'll LOVE a cruise,"  she said.

Now I have been on many, many cruises (about 13 or 14??) and I love them.  The issue is that just because you can have as many entrees as you want, doesn't mean you should.  My friend's husband always as two or three entrees when they go on cruises.  That's just too much food for me now.  I did like Ben's meal; those courses looked light, not full of a lot of fat.  I think the primary was very appreciative of Ben and I hope he's the one who is responsible for the tip; the other guys were pretty gross.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I agree. And I always wonder how the Deckies determine who's the hottest on the ship. I didn't see it with Tiffany and I don't see it with Emily (she looks so young to me!). But I agree, Lauren's adorbs. Hasn't Nico bantered with her? 

I think she and Nico just got on so well from the start that they probably immediately fell into friend mode with each other. But Lauren does have a great smile and glorious teeth. 

As for Back Hair dude, can you imagine cleaning the shower or hot tub after him? Ew. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Was the guest with all the dietary restrictions doing it for a trendy reason or health related?  For example, if she has Celiac disease, I can't bag on the gluten free.  If she's allergic to dairy, I can't bag on that.  If it's for personal choice, that's all fine and good but I think you have to give a little bit too.  Or bring your own food everywhere. 

I agree with the poster above who said that Ben needs to invest in some courses on preparing healthy/dietary restrictive foods. 

So I snooped on twitter and apparently the "not picky" eater was responding to tweets. She claims that the primary thought it would be funny to make her pref sheet as high maintenance as possible. I guess she thought it was funny in theory because she didn't stop them either. Apparently she follows a restrictive diet but they went to extremes with the alkaline water/vegan/gf/df garbage for sheer entertainment.

I think it's a combination of pickiness and jumping on the "healthy" bandwagon but she's definitely not allergic to anything. And while I think Ben's salad was lazy, unimaginative and a metaphorical slap in the face. I kind of don't fault him since this pref sheet was essentially just a prank and only served to reiterate how shitty these guests are. I would be so pissed if my friend basically set me up to eat sawdust on vacation.

Edited by rho
  • Love 10

That Asshat  High maintenance Food Demands guest that is Fucking around with working class stiffs should know that the world of Restaurant People have posted her ugly mug in every kitchen in the world ...and Will, without fail (EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY) be Spitting in her Food.  And worse. Relax , BITCH!  Bodily fluids and solids are mostly PH BALANCED

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ryebread said:

Erp.  Nope.

Trevor was hard to look at.  And he really proved to be despicable.  There's no excuse or editing tricks for the things he said to Kelly. He should watch his back because he's easy to spot in a crowd.  His looks are very....unique.  I can imagine that there are a couple of guys from our armed forces who would like to straighten those eyeballs out with a coupla punches to the head.

Not really the cruise type but if I go I'd want every aspect of it to be top notch.

If I'm on a boat I'd rather be helping to sail it.

I'd rather be in amongst locals, seeing their country, taking in their culture, bartering in the market and chowing down where they eat.

A cruise is like being stuck on a floating hotel and going out briefly to get a touristic view of a country.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, rho said:

So I snooped on twitter and apparently the "not picky" eater was responding to tweets. She claims that the primary thought it would be funny to make her pref sheet as high maintenance as possible. I guess she thought it was funny in theory because she didn't stop them either. Apparently she follows a restrictive diet but they went to extremes with the alkaline water/vegan/gf/df garbage for sheer entertainment.

I think it's a combination of pickiness and jumping on the "healthy" bandwagon but she's definitely not allergic to anything. And while I think Ben's salad was lazy, unimaginative and a metaphorical slap in the face. I kind of don't fault him since this pref sheet was essentially just a prank and only served to reiterate how shitty these guests are. I would be so pissed if my friend basically set me up to eat sawdust on vacation.

Unless Ben was in on the gag and it was for the show, I'd be pissed about that.  Do they think being as difficult as possible is some sort of gag or fun?  Maybe for them but that clearly says what assholes they are if that is their idea of fun.  It's a lot more work for the chef, as well as everyone who is assisting him.  

I think it's bad enough they demanded a 12 course tasting menu (although the principal did seem to be enjoying it and was appreciative) but to put all these restrictions on it?  

No wonder Ben was snappy.  I would be too - - and especially when you feel that the meal experiences have a great deal to do with how much of a tip you get.

• Love 8